• Published 25th Mar 2021
  • 236 Views, 0 Comments

Bolt Life: Stories - LightningChaser04



Follow the lives of a ragtag quartet of Rain, Rap, Soar and Fleet as they fight against boredom and have adventures.

  • ...
 0
 236

Soar’s love confession

Author's Note:

Rain is short for Rainbow Dash
Fleet is short for Fleetfoot
Soar is short for Soarin
Rap is short for Rapidfire

Soar and Rain were at the arcade, playing pinball. Their score was very high.
“Get Ready Rain!” said Soar, and hit the button on his side.
“For the WIN!” Rain hit her button.

The ball fell into the hole, and the duo got a new high score.nine hundred ninety nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine. The game cried “High score!” Soar and Rain hugged, and then Soar flashed back to an old memory at Fleet’s house, when he saved Rain from Nari’s pet, Noodle Ned. Then to a time when the two held hands at a dinner party, summoning crumpets. Then to when Rain tickled him, trying to see what he was looking at. A DJ competition poster. Which Rain helped Soar win. Then to when Rain encouraged him for the dj contest. Rain carrying him when he was sick, and many more flashbacks.

Then Rain noticed a new game. “No way! They’ve got SLOTHED?” Rain ran towards the slothed video game, and began to play. Soar looked in front to see Fire smiling at him. He walked towards Fire, who then calmly said “You have a crush.” “Not True!” Soar retorted.
“You’re sweating like crazy and your hands are shaking.”
“True..” “I find the best things to do here is to be honest. Tell her what’s on the inside.” said Fire.
“Ya sure?” Fire nodded. Soar then looked at Rain, then walked up to her. “Hey Soar, what’s up?” asked Rain. Soar froze like a deer in headlights, and then ran off, without saying anything. Rain shrugged her shoulders and continued playing. He went to fire and said to her “Tried to tell her what was on the inside. Didn’t work out.” “Ok, you’re nervous. Sometimes, actions speak louder than words. Go and give Rain flowers.” Fire got a bouquet of flowers and gave it to Soar, who went to the slothed video game. Soar closed his eyes and gave the flowers. To Funny Taco instead of Rain. Funny grabbed the flowers and yelled “ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME? Kid I have allergies!” Ge threw the flowers on the ground and trampled them. Soar went back to Fire, who suggested “Sometimes, putting your feelings in paper is easier.” Soar got a notepad and pen, and wrote his love letter. He gave it to Rain, who crumpled it up and threw it in the bin behind her. “What are you, my gramma? Who writes letters?” Soar walked away sadly, and then Rain decided to see the letter. She reads it, and blushes. She goes to Soar, and suggested another game. He asks which game. She answers “How ‘bout pinball again? We do make a pretty good team!” They then turn to see a stop/go sign person breaking their high score. Rain yells “nobody messes with our high score!”, grabs Soar and drags him to the pinball machine. Fire and Funny look proud and tears of jot respectively. “I’m not allergic. I secretly liked the flowers.” says Funny, and cries a bit.