• Published 15th Jul 2021
  • 515 Views, 21 Comments

Indomitable Journey's End - Slendy



Many battles have be fought. Many mysteries have been uncovered. Only one remains unseen by Zen, for centuires Princess Celestia had kept a secret given to herself and Luna by their father, of a melody that brought disaster to Equestria.

  • ...
1
 21
 515

Chp. 0 - Memoir

Chp. 1 - Lost

"What? Feelin' left out?"

"Oh, no-no-no... I've got a deal on a Pokemon game I need to rob first," I replied, then grinned. "All you'll be doing is spending money on that weird manga you keep trying to finish, and you call me girly." I snagged her, seeing her face turn a new shade of red, eyes the size of pins. "What was it again...hmm...oh!" Slamming my fist into my open palm, I gave a glow of fake realization. "The one about that cute couple and the romantic genre around it!"

"Wait, seriously?" Summer looked as though Taka was someone else since I watched her face burn hot enough to cook a pancake on probably. In that same frame, I jumped to my right, avoiding the punch from Taka as she yelled out with unbound fury.

"Zee~eee~en!!!" Quickly grabbing my jacket, I sprinted past Taka and out the door of the cafe, hearing her scream from behind me. "GET BACK HERE, YOU JACKASS!!!"

"Seeya later, Zen~!" I heard my sister follow after with a sweet voice, in contrast, the she-demon screaming down the house

"Don't-need-to-outrun-the-bear-just-outrun-your-friends! Also, seeya, sis!"


Chp. 2 - Metal beats Rock

"Grah!" Both I and the entity yelled from the impact, tumbling down into the field in a heap.

Grey fur covered its body, with a mane and tail a smooth shade of lilac; although both were messy in style, the bangs over its face covered the left eye, the other still shut in pain, poking out from its lips was a small fang too. Their ears were pointed, and a single, leathery wing sat draped across my side. Carefully, the being stirred as I continued to stare with fascination.

It wore a bag too, with a sky-blue hood with a white outline and arrow-like designs down the middle hugged against its neck; it also doubled a small cape.

"I'd appreciate it if you weren't atop me..." I was talking to myself, but the equine blinked, revealing a familiar, lilac eye. Said eye locked to me and immediately pushed itself off my body. Despite the sudden tackle, my nose caught the scent of a very common aroma; only then did I realize that this equine was actually bleeding. "Something injured it..."

"...w-What are you?"


Chp. 3 - In the Shadow of the Tower

*Crack-Crack-Crack-Crack*

Yui gently moved to stand against my legs. "Don't tell me; the ground's about to cave in from under us?"

I didn't so much as blink. "Yep."

"Bottomless pit or lake at the bottom?" She asked meekly

I just yawned. "Most likely."

I now held her bridal style; the light of my aura flickered out with only an anxious yet solemn look on her face. "Bring it--"

Her sentence cut short, and the very stone shattered under us.


Chp. 4 - Venator

"I'm quite fortunate to have met you."

I saw her jolt a little with her head turned to me. "Really? Why's that?"

With a shrug, I smirked. "'Cause I'd never had so much fun exploring before, that's all."

While I couldn't see it, her voice reflected her kindness. "Yeah, ditto."

I laughed a little. "No, Lucario."


Chp. 5 - Our Way

My brow raised, "Why's this different?"

Now she was slumped, looking down at her hooves. "I... have someone I want to protect."

I wasn't expecting that. Rubbing my cheeks to clear the heat, I placed a paw on her shoulder. "You've gotten us this far, I've just been doing the heavy lifting, I'm more of a hands-on kind of guy, you actually use your head in these situations, so I'm sure you'll come up with a plan as I distract Nargacuga." My pep-talk raised her spirits, but her aura was still sorrowful, was there more to this? "Can I count on you?"

Not a moment of hesitation, that confidence had sky-rocketed. "I've got your back, Zen."

I held my fist out, smiling with confidence I stole from the spiritful Bat-Pony. "Then let the Sapphire Star light our way!" That brought a small red hue to my cheeks

Her own cheeks were pink, but we both totally had a bit of chuunibyou in us, "And let no pony block our path!"

Her wing curled and bumped to my fist.


Chp. 6 - Bone and Steel

The eyes locked to a certain mare, body lurching upward to devour her, so I quickly slid to the ground, kicking up my hatchet; then, with a strike of my heel, the tool crossed the gap, striking Nargacuga into fighting me again. What would I do without you, Hatchet?

It landed in the centre again, tail swung high, decapitating the last of the four pillars, obscuring my view. Pushing against my body's wishes, I sailed across the debris, pin-balling up and over another low-bearing lunge of the tail, my paw pressed against the fur to spin myself up and over its head a final time. Win, with one blow straight to the head!

Nargacuga saw this, snarled, then snapped its neck toward my arms. I had anticipated this, that bloodlust oozing from his aura. With a slight turn, my foot pushed down the snout, twisting me into a lumbering twirl with my right arm wide. All the energy I channelled through Counter forced its way to my paw's spike, the vicious backhand 'crracked' against Nargacuga's jaw, breaking it and the neck with the force to shatter the ground that the body carved its way through.

The body slumped against the remains of a pillar, a final, strained roar escaped, and the eyes lost their glow.


Bonus Chp. - Water Dance

"Ah! Hahaha, this is amazing~!" Yui flew out from the water, smiling blissfully as the last rays of sunlight painted quite the sight of her mane flowing through the air with the droplets. "Zen?"

"H-huh, uh, y-yeah?" I quickly recovered and used her hood to purposefully cover my redden face as I noticed the item from before. Plucking off the edge of the spring, I noted that housed in a brass cage was a strange, multicoloured crystal, an imperfect sphere about the size of a golf ball. The light wasn't refracting through it; these colours were directly infused into the stone. "What's this?"

"Aah! I forgot about that!" Yui swam up to the edge, looking moderately panicked with her hoof swaying back and forth. "Don't worry about it, gimmie-gimmie-gimmie!"

My sly smile formed. "Oh, is it that important?" Her head vigorously nodded, and I looked to it with a keen eye. "You know, I swear I've seen this before... but where?"

"Not important! What are you, a dragon?" She huffed; I just chuckled

"Lucario."

"Don't you 'Lucario' me, dummy, hand over my gemstone," Her hoof continued to prod between us. I knelt, setting it back on her hood.


Chp. 7 - Thunder and "GLBLBBLGLGB!"

"What the hell Hasbro? Who designed your maps, a sadist?" It might not be like that in the show, but this world is as if that show was its own reality entirely so that anything could change

Why was I alone again? Turning my eyes back to the frozen Bat-Pony, I saw her lilac eye widen, mouth ajar. "...Z-Zen...?" My head tilted, dumbfounded.

"What?" She shook her head, pointing to me, specifically my throat

A Hoof rubbed her eyes, "Speak," Now she was confusing me greatly, but I shrugged and replied in Poke-Speak.

"It's over, Anakan; I have the high ground." I think her head is smoking, and not in a good way. She blinked, trotted to a tree, then proceeded to plant her forehead firmly against the said tree with a solid 'thunk'. "Am I... missing something?"

"You... I... I can... hear you..." Her body turned back to me, just as my own realization sunk in. Her muzzle soon stretched into an anxious smile. "I can actually hear you!"


Chp. 8 - Flawed...

The Sulfuric Cutting Wyvern, Acidic Glavenus roared.

The Alpha challenged it, sending forth several Timberwolves to intercept. With a low spin, the blade swiped the air, blowing the wolves away. With one leg, it bent back around, tail crushing another Timberwolf. One pounced, biting into the scales, so Acidic simply spun back around, decapitating another while throwing the Timberwolf off. It sliced across the right, then to the left as I rolled away from the rainfall of wood. A powerful thrust shattered another, leaving the Alpha to face the monster.

With a final push, the Timberwolf lunged with all means of attack. Acidic curved the blade then spun with the elegance of a swordsman; in a single, horizontal slash, the Alpha Timberwolf came crashing down, Acidic flexing out its tail in the end. Now, the head sniffed, and eyes locked solely to mine while I raised a stance, Bone Rush active. The acid quickly reformed across the tail-blade; the monster didn't go so much as a roar; instead, I only felt interest crawl through its eyes.


Chp. 9 - ...But Unbreakable

"...You'll be okay, I... know you're an amazing person, you'll be the happiest person in the world... I've seen it... there's... no room for doubt... not in that future," Tears fell down her arm, and Zen's voice broke under his tears. "Move forward... regret nothing... and smile."

Rika's smile remained, eyes lifting to the ceiling. "Keep smiling through tears..." Summer finally broke down, hands over her mouth; Taka buried her head against someone else's shoulder, "For a life without joy... in times of sorrow... is no... fun..."

The light flickered from her eyes, but beneath the mask... stood a toothy smile.


Chp. 10 - Found

"Zen... you're crying," Her hoof wiped them away for me. With my back to the tree, I sighed.

"Rika... she was the closest friend I had," My mouth ran without thought or consideration, and it was painful. "If not for her, I'd never know Taka, Kazu, Asher, my relationship with my sister wouldn't be as strong as it is now... she made me better."

My voice started to tremble, "I-I-I thought that if I just smiled like she did, kept to the promise we made t-then maybe, maybe she wouldn't be gone, that... that I don't have to let her go..." I couldn't hold my head high anymore. "But she's gone... she's gone, and I'm afraid... afraid that I'll forget her."

A hoof brushed against my shoulder. "I'm sorry, I never knew her but... I think she'd be happy with how you turned out." That smile again...

I immediately buried my face in her chest, breaking down with a shiver. Rika, I was scared to move on, to trust someone with the same level of kindness between us; it scared me that I wouldn't be able to save someone again; my failure haunted me, manipulated me into thinking I had moved on. It hurts because I won't ever see your smile again, so I'll just have to smile twice as much for both of us, for real this time.

Yui held me close, not needing to say a word as nearly two years of anguish were finally let go.


Chp. 11 - Egg Hunt

|You know, you seemed awfully charmed this morning when I came to visit your hotel room| While his eyes kept themselves forward, I shifted a little under his knowing smile. Oh no. |Anything happen yesterday after your outburst?|

I blew a raspberry. |Pfft, whaaaaat, noooo, nothing in particular! Just some reassurance of one's life|

With a single laugh, Kazu moved closer to whisper as I leaned down. |When your friend, Yui, left. You were watching her--| Oh no. |--and with great interest might I add| He pulled away, seeing my face slowly pale, he didn't face me, turning around dramatically. |I believe you were... enraptured|

Having dealt with worse from Taka, I stood my ground, crossing my arms while suppressing the blood in my cheeks. |She's my best friend and the one that usually has the plan forward, so I look to her for guidance|

|Ooo, I see, and what 'guidance' did you find in those... swaying hips, hmm?| That nailed the coffin. my face lit up as I robotically moved to tighten my arms around my chest in vain to stop my heart from racing

Frantically I swung them out in protest. |No-no! I wasn't looking at her... um, you know... her in that way|

|Certainly| Kazu nodded, but that look, he had me on the end of a noose, had fallen for the classic blunder

I closed my eyes, still retaining a crimson glow. |I gazed -- Glanced in that direction, maybe| Opening my eyes I slowly exhaled. |But I wasn't staring, or really seen anything, really...|

Kazu nodded simply |Of course, | He wasn't convinced, so I returned a glare, pointing a claw down at the cunning Umbreon

|I hate you| Once more, I crossed my arms with a pout. |You're a bad person|


Chp. 12 - Thundercrash

Something was building in my throat, like copper but far less bitter, with a tingly sensation or warmth of a hot drink. A rising tide swaying in my stomach as Zinogre body slam missed me, having already leapt high above its form, higher than even Zinogre could leap, the view was dark, and all colour dissolved into black and white, the only consistent tone was that of a spark of blue snaking across my muzzle with a highlight of purple. Motes of those two colours crackling across the sky as they formed around my fangs, the wind screaming in my ears.

"π™·πš’πš™πšŽπš› π™±πšŽπšŠπš–!!" To encompass Zinogre's own deafening cry, mine tore from my throat, like a downpour of pure energy rippled through the sky, slamming down atop the monster with a hum that electrified the air, from any unaware, it may have been a dragon's cry that drowned out Zinogre's, dirt and stone tore and jagged from the impact as I landed, the last ghosts of my attack whisked away from my bared teeth. |And stay|


Chp. 13 - Budding

"Not to be that guy, and I will be, try not to give yourself a stomach ache like last time."

Her face froze while she stammered a blush. "I-I thought you forgot about that!?"

"Nope." I smiled slyly, her hooves desperately trying to take back the box as cartoonish tears fell from her eyes. "Not going through that mess again... and the Timberwolves, ouch."

"Come on, Zen, I'm super duper sorry~! I'll be careful, promise~!"

I patted my chest, looking to her while deadpanning. "Aura, remember?" She froze, then continued to complain

"Waaaah... you jerrrk...!"


Chp. 14 - Promise

I chuckled. "It's a whole 'nother world teeming with magic, mythical beasts, and so many wondrous places to explore! It's everything anyone with a thrill for adventure could dream of..." I scratched my cheek. "And now, a world without you doesn't feel as exciting, without my partner... my sense of adventure wouldn't feel as complete."

For a far too lengthy pause, I just... couldn't look away; her lilac eyes remained in focus, even as I felt the details of her face freeze in the frame. My heart was still pounding away in my chest, had any sense of logic clouded my mind, I may have tripped over my words or questioned my motive, but I didn't care; this was the undeniable truth, and I won't just fake ignorance this time.

Gently, Yui leaned in, her head tilted forward. And for a second, a sweet taste unlike any I could place rested against my lips. With a faint breath, she leaned back, eyes heavy, then they widened as mine remained frozen in shock. "I... I um, t-that... that's wasn't what I was... uh, t-trying to--" Her hoof tugged my scarf hard, my muzzle brushing against hers, eyes soft with a hint of mirthful ire

She rolled them, "...Just, shut up... you jerk..."

"What?" I blinked, and once again though with more tenderness, her lips pressed to mine without any warning, and I... closed my eyes for that moment, a delightful shiver coursing down my spine as I let my right armrest around her back. The two of us pulled away, and... I remember... that dream months before the events that turned my life completely on its head. I smiled warmly. "...I'm fine with this..."

She giggled. "That's good to know," Her voice whispered faintly.


Chp. 15 - Fly You Fools

Again, Topaz and her guards looked among themselves, herself stepping past the facepalms and smirks arising from the group; Twilight looked ready to blow a blood vessel as I bent at the knees and jumped atop the roof, surprising the ponies while I lifted Yui bridal style as she blinked, but giggled under her hood as I stated loud and proud with a slight accent.

"Gentlemen, ladies, and milady," I bowed at the last part, waving one arm high to the lot. "Remember this as the day you almost caught, Fighting Steel Lucario!!" With a gust of wind and many silver wisps gathered at my feet, I sped off down the line of roofs, thatch brushing past with every footstep taken away from the guards

"Hey, w-wait, you can't -- GET BACK HERE!?!"


Chp. 16 - MAZE of Confusion

Feels good not to be on the magical ground anymore; just the amount I get pumped into my veins daily is enough. And the saturation and colours in that world, blah! Don't know how that idiot can stand living for a day in that world, and a talking... bat... pony thing? There is no one alive that can explain that to me.

"Zorah!" Ooooh... great, it's Red. She came jogging up to myself and Azure, the rest of the class watching from afar as I tried desperately to forget whatever just happened in that lake. However, Azure looked ready to burst with the information of multiversal existence beyond Remnant. "You guys have been gone for nearly an hour, where--"

I slapped my hand over her lips, hushing her with venom in my voice. "Red, if I could so much as contemplate the very extent to what I witnessed, where I've been, and who nearly gave me a thrashing, I might very well be convinced I'm high," I smiled sarcastically with wide eyes. "So! If you don't mind, I'm going to go and drown myself in something else that isn't a lake! Good day!"


Chp. 17 - Maiden of the Lake

"There! Doc. Zen has done it again!" I presented the fresh bandaged monster to Yui, as the head swivelled around to lick the entirety of my right side as I shivered, Yui laughing her ass off until the Mizutsune copied the same. I saw Yui resist the urge to gag as I chuckled too, the monster slithering across the ground using the soapy bubbles it created. This leviathan was really something. Then it threw us through another loop as it started to string like clothing in the wash.

To our bulging eyes, the body shrunk and vanished in a plume of bubbles; what came sliding out and into me was another pony. Pink in colour with a long, white mane that faded into shades of pink and yellows down to the tips, a light blue bow pinned to the left side of her mane. She stopped humming to latch her hooves around my waist tightly, displaying large, blue eyes to us as I remained to gawk alongside Yui, the pony's head tilting curiously.

"Hi... thank you for helping me..." Her voice was gentle and pure to the core. "...I'm Mira..."

I'm going to have an aneurism.


Chp. 18 - Black Wolf's Rage

The river that was once dry and barren now flowed seamlessly to wherever the horizon led it, and Mira whined from the edge itself, head low while Yui petted her head, earning a nuzzle from the adorable monster.

I can't imagine being torn from her natural home has been easy, whatever is at the centre of all these rifts to the Monster Hunter World, I'll figure it out, even if it takes dozens of monsters, because if innocent creatures like her are being pulled into this, whole temples and civilizations too, there might not be much of either world left.

Yui tried not to frown, keeping a smile under her hood. "Don't be upset; you're free to travel the vastness of Equestria!" Despite the short amount of time, I could feel the sadness aching in her heart. "Besides, maybe one day we'll meet again, I'm certain."

"I second that," I waved my paw, linking the other around Yui's neck as we sat beside Mira, my paw patting her nose. "Take care of yourself, Mira, and don't for a second hesitate, and who knows, maybe we can explore another temple again or fight a monster?" She nodded with bubbling anticipation, her nose pressing back against my palm as I closed my eyes. "...Goodbye."

With a happy roar to the bright-blue sky, she dived back into the water, bubbles and water droplets painting an aroura of rainbows around us as she swam full-speed-ahead down the meandering river, her body sweeping up and down to the curvature of the world and further from our sight.


Bonus Chp. - Woes

"Cool, also, food smells good; you've improved from what I can smell." This visibly made her face scrunch up as it would when she's in 'Treasure Hunter Mode'. And after that last comment, I'm surprised she's not flustered herself -- Lightbulb, I am not apologizing for this. Ahem, "You know," I kept my voice low as I slithered up behind her to observe her work, not a bad soup given the bare essentials we could forage for. "I still have yet to keep my word from the temple."

"Huh?" Her face went ajar, turning away from the pod as I kept my face very close to hers, a small smile plastering my face. I gave it a moment to sink in as she let out an audible squeak, her face rising from the neck up in a shade of scarlet, both eyes now visible with a timid shake. "I-I-I, um, ah, um, y-you -- mmfgh." Too easy, as always. Her eyes kept themselves to mine, soon growing heavy as her hooves pulled me closer to deepen the electrified kiss as I closed my eyes too.


Chp. 19 - Homecoming

The older mare... my Mom's eyes widened for a brief moment, but her muzzle remained shut, taking in my posture and my rouge-like aesthetic; I probably look like a mess. Slowly, I tried to register the tiny, motherly smile crossing her face. "Look at me..." I did as I was told, lifting my eyes to see her hoof press to my cheek, and I felt no inch of my body move; my heart had skipped a beat. "...You've gotten so much bigger..."

Dammit... my legs caught up to me as I embraced my Mom without question, her own hooves pulling me in closer as I buried my face into her shoulder. Sniffing back the tears, I smiled, pulling away. "I'm sorry I took so long to come back..." Her hoof reached up to tap against my forehead, herself holding in a laugh

"Don't you start apologizing now," She hugged me again, stroking my mane. "You're home, my little filly is home, and that's all I care about."


Chp. 20 - Strength of the Soul

End of the line, Yian Garuga, "...Return..."

Opening my eyes again, I smiled and bridged the gap between myself and the surge of flames bubbling from within Dead-Eye. My left cross brought Yian's head away from the ponies and me, the flames burning out. With the neck exposed, I stomped once and bent for the right hook, burying my fist through its neck with a satisfying crunch against my knuckle, the reverberating force casting the wyvern across the square, but it didn't stay down for long, but the wings fell limp, and it was panting.

Before it could so much as squawk, I poked my finger high comically. Yian's eye slit, and it roared--

*BOOSH!*

Everypony in the area winced as the water tower was dropped atop the wyvern not a moment too soon. The contents gushed from the wooden frame that splintered under Yian's spined body. With an icy mist exhaled from my mouth, I slammed my fists into the ground, the wave of frost snaking across the body of water before it could disperse; the result was a glacier of ice that imprisoned the Dead-Eye for good, the last of its cries forever frozen on its face as snow fell from the tips if the jagged glacier.


Chp. 21 - One Step Forward, Another Back

"I'm recovering lost magic that no other pony has seen in generations; you honestly believe it's a smart idea just to throw them to everyone willy-nilly?"

Vega scoffed, "You can control them--" She put her hoof up.

"I've spent months practising with dozens of Moon-type spells and only three I can safely use. The side-effects of using spells without proper training and control include, ahem; Magic exhaustion, magic feedback, deliriousness, fever, migraine, and sometimes, and this has happened to me once, a sickness that leaves you bedridden for three days, and yes, I counted, the worst week of my life," Yui shuddered as I stared blankly at her.

Compared to my moves which at first could cause muscles to tear or bones to fracture, Yui didn't have any form of healing like I have, alone she risked her well-being to master just three spells alone, and I've just learned complete control in a matter of days. If my admiration for Yui weren't already peaked, it'd have grown higher; she... really is amazing. Heh, almost starting to feel a little unworthy of having the kind of relationship I have with her.

Vega grunted, clear animosity in his heart. But Yui knew better than any of us. Patting her chest, she added. "I understand all of you are worried for me," Her only wing flapped. "I've been aware of my disadvantage for years, but I've taken risks time and again to make up for what I don't. I love you, but I'm a grown mare and capable of handling myself, so take my word, as an official Archeologist and explorer, that I'm aware of the risks involved with this ancient magic and that I won't part with any of its knowledge so casually, not even to you, Zen."

I held my paws up. "I've got enough powers myself, you do you, Yui."


Chp. 22 - Tempered

"I have... no right to call you my sister... hehe, you've grown so much that it hurts..." He couldn't wipe away his tears. "...I'm... I'm so sorry... everything I've done can't be taken back, but when you leave... I'll happy for you," He held his head high with a forced smile. "Because you're amazing--"

*Thump*

Yui's hoof knocked him across the forehead, snapping him from his ramblings as I smiled gently. Her eyes regained a glow I've seen since day one and a tiny smile of gratitude as she chuckled, tilting her head. "You have no idea how much I want to beat the stupid out of you..." She reached around with just her right hoof, pulling his head down into her shoulder. "Thin ice, that's all you get because nothing you can say right now can undo what you've put me through, and I won't ever truly forgive you... but you're still my big brother, Vega."

His face was buried into her shoulder, both hooves around her tightly as she smiled warily, patting his back. "Cool it with the waterworks, bro, my fur's gonna get all itchy..."

"Sorry," His voice was hoarse as he pulled back, wiping his eyes. "Dammit... I feel like an idiot still."


Chp. 23 - Journey's End

"I won't bore you with the details, but before Caleb and I were married, I suppose the idea of having kids wasn't what I intended; I mean, if you saw who I was back then you'd understand my reluctance," She chuckled, but her smile remained. "Now? Well... to see the panic in Vega's eyes that night... and Yui was gone... I was so scared that I had done very little to help her and that by the time I tried to reach out, she had already slipped away."

I frowned, "I can imagine, I... lost someone close to me, I almost gave up on everything," Those months were hard, but the thought of letting go of everything Rika did for me, that was far worse. "Violet, I... well, words alone aren't enough proof, but Yui is... amazing," I too watched her; everything about her was endearing. "She's smart, tenacious, kind... heh, it's kinda funny, but in just the short time I spent with her... I... fell for her without a second thought."

Violet giggled beside me, and I scratched the back of my head sheepishly as she motioned for me to kneel, opening me up to a gentle, motherly hug. "You brought my little treasure hunter home, and she's happy; that's all I could ask of you, to keep making her smile," She pulled away, bumping a hoof to my heart while winking. "Don't worry; I find no pleasure in tormenting you with the 'Embarrassing Questions', not my style."

"Truly, you are a saint among these Bat-Ponies." I bowed my head graciously while she laughed heartfully, ruffling the top of my head

"Yep, I like you!" She stepped back as the last of the supplies were loaded in; all that was left were for the Guards to gather into the train carts, Topaz still listing things off, no longer exhausted given the coffee that floated next to her

"Thanks, you're awesome too, but I'll do my best for Yui; count on it."


Chp. 24 - Bloodstained Sand

Closing my eyes, I put my paws together to channel my aura across my body; infused with the divine blessing, I held a vastly superior reservoir of energy than ever before; now I get what Trinity's done. "Calm Mind. Nasty Plot. Swords Dance. Work Up. Bulk Up-" Still no strain, only the sensation of lightning racing to and from every bone in my body. "-Iron Defense. Agility. Laser Focus. Substitute." "

Upon opening my eyes, a nigh unbelievable amount of power blew away dust and debris before the Deviant. Tiny wisps formed as thin lines of dispersing energy conjured a rainbow aura over my body, every muscle and bone infused with unparalleled strength, my senses so sharp I could hear the cheers and yells from afar. All of my skills brought to the height of their power.


Chp. 25 - Secluded Valley

"We need to go, now!"

"Have you figured out the monster that--" I stopped Luna with my arm out

"No, this isn't just a monster, it's-!" Shining's head had turned to a mound of rock up high, his jaw dropped to the ground while his eyes remained pained and stained with terror, the very icy chill from his form resonated to us as our heads craned up gradually to meet his view. Yui and I jogged closer, the light seeping through the ceiling to illuminate the dead skin blanketing the back wall

The husk of a monster larger than any so-called dragon of Equestria slumped over the podium of rock, mouth agape as the skin peeled and curled in the wind. Still, the head remained recognizable to me; it wasn't obvious at first. Still, this monster had the capabilities needed not just to drain but also to harness the energy to grow and matureβ€”large, hollowed horns with an almost extraterrestrial appearance.

"Xeno'Jiiva!!" My words felt heavy, and all eyes were on me. At the same time, I struggled with the idea of a manifestation that could replicate its maturity into the one monster I hadn't fought yet because it was never released before I arrived in Equestria. "This is... it's already shedded its skin countless times here."


Chp. 26 - The Spirit is Indomitable

Etherial spectres began to form. One of Barroth outline a solid bronze, then Nargacuga a faint lilac. Tobi-Kadachi an aquamarine. Acidic Glavenus dark green. Kulu Ya Ku tangerine. The powerful Zinogre cast in marigold. Deadeye Yian Garuga's fierce purple. Bloodbath Diablos tinted blood-red. And last, almost curled protectively, was Mitsuzune, shaded a baby-blue.

The flames ignited with a roar of multicoloured flames, banishing the revenants, ranges of shades rising in the tempo of the sparkling, purple sheen across Zen's body as it warped and changed gradually, certain points of his body evolving faster with a helix of gold ribbons encompassing his body, eyes cast a sharp orange as he clenched his fists, howling powerfully enough to impact the ground under him.

[β€»β€’βŽΒ·Β°β€’βŽβ€€β€’Β°Β·β€’βŽβ€»]

He started shaking more, squeezing tightly to prevent the inevitable somehow. "It's okay to say goodbye; it doesn't have to be the end; I know it won't be; one day, we'll meet again, I swear as your big sister." A promise, a vow that neither would dare break. "No matter what you chose, I love you, Zen... goodbye..."

Forcing through the tears a smile, she slowly started to fade from his sight. "I-I love you too... S-summer," It was then he fell forward, the silver fireflies having scattered between his hands. "goodbye.... goodbye..."

[β€»β€’βŽΒ·Β°β€’βŽβ€€β€’Β°Β·β€’βŽβ€»]

"What happens now?" This was the definitive question; the next step was our own.

"Whatever we want." Yui hugged me tighter, a hum between her lips while my fingers played with her mane. "A hidden world of relics and treasure awaits, my Guardian."

I smiled, shutting my eyes to the rays of sunlight from the window, like the flicker of her lilac soul against my azure. I like the sound of that. "Aye-Aye, my Treasure Hunter."

To Be Continued...


[FUN FACTS]

-Did you know Indomitable was going to include other monsters or replace certain ones with the likes of Odorgaron, Thunderlord Zinogre, Astalos, and/or Lagiacrus but either due to my own personal changes or the fact that even through videos, I had no real way of writing them into the story, let alone where. So the roster we got is how things panned out.

-Second fact, the final battle was a close tie with The Blazing Black Dragon, Alatreon, but due to the fact he wasn't out at the time and had a completely new move-set in Iceborne, coupled with my hatred for fighting him once he did come out, he was replaced with Safi'Jiiva which suited the similarity with Zen a lot better. Plus, I like his theme more, sue me.

-Fact Three! Yui was never going to be a Treasure Hunter but, in fact, what Topaz was, a Guard for the Princesses. I also based Yui's quirks for Treasure Hunting off my favourite non-canon character from the Sword Art Online game, Hollow Fragment, Philia. They even have the same cloak.

-Trinity was gonna be Discord, surprise, but I found that a little too on the nose like many other stories. Hence, I replaced him with Trinity, one of my original characters that have appeared in other fanfictions I've created, like RWBY Fragments, acting as a mentor to the main characters.

-Last Fact; Both MAZE of Confusion and Bloodstained Sand were improv chapters that I just suddenly had the inspiration for. Crossing over the RWBY universe for one chapter with another fanfic of mine, also named RWBY Indomitable - yeah, I'm original T_T - and I also ended up watching a lot about the Deviants in the older Monster Hunter titles. Hence, I felt compelled to add one. It seems both surprising twists paid off, huh?

Author's Note:

One moment from every chapter of Indomitable that I found to be my favorite. If you have your own picks let me know, and let this be the summary precursor to the story to wrap up this tale of Indomitable. I hope you enjoyed, appreciate the support as always, seeya next time, Hunters!

Chp. 1 - The Rumbling
Zen and Yui handle another hunt as news of increasing seismic activity spreads across Equestria.

P.S. If you have any other questions about Indomitable or its mini-anthologies, let me know!