• Published 2nd May 2021
  • 190 Views, 2 Comments

The Odyssey of Sunlight Blaze--Rise of a hero volume 3: Rise of the Shadows. - Justafanfictioner



Follow the adventures of Sunlight Blaze, a gifted young unicorn with a heart of gold, a sharp sense of justice and with the dream of becoming the best Superhero, in the world of EG.

  • ...
 2
 190

Chapter 9: Second Encounter

The afternoon was about to end. Each of the heroes were preparing themselve to face Moonlight and his team. Sunlight was finalizing the modifications of his battle suit while Sunset and her friends had and were still simulating a virtual battle against the villains in the Battle Simulation Chamber. As for the villains themselves, Moonlight came out with an attack plan that he shared with his team and a second, that he only shared with Tirek, to use if things were not going well. Moonlight had decided to lauch the attack tonight, to take full advantage of the darkness to increase the power of Sombra and Stygian respectives magic, as well as his own. Plus, tonight’s Moon would be a New Moon, so there will be even less ligth. Coming back to our heroes...

“Okay, we have a plan, said Sunset, who was taking a pause from the intensive training with her friends. We just need to guess when Moonligth and his team will attack us”

“Hum, said Twilight. Tonight’s Moon cycle is supposed to be a New Moon. Meaning there will be no natural light at all.”

“Not only that, said Sunlight, who just entered. Moonlight, Sombra and Stygian’s respective magic all tap into some kind of Dark Arts. The omnipresent darkness would give these 3 a considerable boost in power, especially Stygian.”

“If only we knew where they are hiding, said Rainbow Dash. We could attack them before they attack us, and before the fall of the night.”

“Moonlight thought of everything, said Sunlight. He clearly didn’t want me to find him before he was ready for a second round. I will be able to sense his presence as soon as he get out of his shell...For now, let’s rest. We will need to be in shape for tonight’s battle...”

The group all went to the respective houses and rested for a while. The night finally came.

“This is time, said Moonlight. As soon as i am going to leave this base, Sunlight will be able to feel my presence. Remember the plan, take down Sunset first, then her friends, me, i will deal with Sunlight. Now, get ready...”

Moonlight teleported himself and his team outside the base. They appeared in the middle of a deserted field shortly after. Sunlight and Sunset immediately felt the presence of Moonlight.

“He finally left his fortress” said Sunlight.

He teleported in front of Sunset’s room. He was about to knock, but Sunset opened the door just before.

“I know, she said. I already prevented the rest of the team. Are you ready?”

“We have to, anyway, answered Sunlight. Remember the battle plan?”

“Yes, she said. Me and the rest of my friends will hold Sombra, Tirek and Stygian while you focus on Moonlight. I know our strategy, But what about your?”

“I am going to do things a bit differently, he answered. You’ll see what i’m talking about soon”

He disappeared and returned to his room. He grabbed his newly modified suit and put it on. Then, he turned into his girl alter ego, Sunny Flame. The suit immediately changed itself to fit to Sunlight’s female body. She looked into the mirror to see what the new costume looked like. She was now wearing long white boots going to her knees, a short red and Pink skirt that was going halfway to her knee, A pair of shock absorbing leggings to cover her legs. She was wearing shiny red metallic bracelets to protect her forearms and hide her Dragon Bracelets, plus a pair of gloves equipped with claws. For the top of her outfit. She was wearing a two part red and pink suit similar to a bikini, One covering her breast and the other, covering her bottom parts. The back and the belly region were covered of a black tissue. Which was made of an allow of elastic, shock resistant, insulated and cold resistant synthetic fiber, that he enhanced with magic. To complete the look, a tiara was holding her hairs in place and a more elegant mask was covering her eyes. She also grabbed the improved outfits he made for Sunset and her friends before leaving the room. She reappeared in his Sister’s room and gave her her superhero suit. Then did the same for the rest of the group. A couple of minutes later, they rejoigned each other in their base. Sunset was surprised when she saw what her brother, or Sister, in this exact situation, was wearing.

“Seriously, she said. You are going to fight Moonlight with this outfit...And as a girl?”

“Why not? She answered. I thought it would make a change to fight as a girl, for once. You know how hard it is to be the only male member of the team?”

“You’re not wrong, said Rarity. And i must say, you look absolutely gorgeous, Darling!”

“I magically integrated, with the help of Discord, the magic crystals i collected during my space trip, to the fibers of your costumes. Those crystals should negate the negative effects of Sombra’s own crystals and allow you to use your powers without problem and i reinforced them to resist better to impacts and shocks. Now, put those on and join me outside when you’ll be done.”

She left the apartment and waited outside for a couple of minutes. When the girls finally showed up, She teleported them near where Moonlight was waiting for them.

“So, you finally stopped hiding like a coward in your bunker?” asked Sunny Flame to Moonlight.

“Such a language, he said. And i see you changed of look. You honestly look kinda cute in this outfit. But i can do it better”

Moonlight also turned into a girl, at the surprise of Tirek and Stygian. Her outfit was similar to Sunny, only way more revealing in the upper area, and as well as in the lower area, and all black. Her skirt was shorter and her boots, taller. Stygian had a nosebleed that he tried to contain while Sombra had a stupid smile on his face.

“Eyes toward the enemy, said Moon Breeze. Don’t let my look distract you from doing your job.”

Tirek opened the battle by firing a beam of magic at Sunset. Sunny flew to her evil counterpart to hit her. This one blocked the punch and lauched her in the sky. Sombra and Stygian joined the fight as well. Sombra covered the area with his black crystals while Stygian summoned a wall of pure shadows that would prevent the group from running away. Tirek charged a powerful beam that he fired at the group. Sunset stopped the attack and redirected it at him. Twilight charged at her turn a magic attack at the intention of Sombra, who didn’t even care of blocking, certain that it would fail. Twilight closed her eyes and fired, at her immense joy, the laser reached it’s target, at the total surprise of Sombra.

“Impossible, he said. My crystals are supposed to nullify your magic!! How is this possible?”

“Did you really though the same strategy would work twice on us?” asked Applejack.

Sombra stayed silent for a moment, then smiled at them

“Fortunately, those crystals have other properties than nullifying magic energy, he said. Allow me to do a demonstration, Stygian, are you ready?”

“S...Sure, he said. No Problem...”

Sombra and Stygian combined their magic to built a magic shadow prison in which the girls were trapped, at the exception of Sunset. Tirek smiled at her, cracking his fist.

“Now, it’s just you and me” he said.

“It seem like it, she said. Do your worst...”

Tirek rushed at her, she used her psychic magic to create an invisible wall that Tirek smashed into face first.

“What in the? He said. What is this witchcraft?”

“You just smashed into a wall of pure psychic energy, she said. You won’t be able to best me with brute force only.”

Tirek fired a beam at her, which she avoided at the last moment. Tirek jumped in the air so fast he disappeared. Sunset tried to read his mind to predict where he was going to land and succeeded in doing so, at her complete surprise. Tirek landed behind her and tried to grab her, but she swiflty avoided the attack and projected the villain away with a psychic wave.

“How did you predict where i was going to land?” asked Tirek.

“Oh, i just read your mind” she answered.

“That’s impossible!! Said Sombra. My crystals are supposed to shield us from any form of mind-reading!!”

He noticed the tiara she was wearing on her head. It was made of white, sparkly crystals. It didn’t took long for him to realize that those crystals were nullifying the properties of his own crystals.

”Yes, you guessed right, said Sunset, speaking to him mentally. But this is not these crystals’ only property. They also greatly amplify my psychic powers. Sunlight integrated them to his and our outfits, as well as making this tiara specifically for me. Now, release my friends...”

“You wish, said Sombra. You might be able to read our minds, but you are not strong enough to control us.”

Tirek came back and fired multiple beams at her, she avoided two of them, but not the third one, which made her fall on the ground.

“Oh, sorry, he said. I forgot you don’t have your brother’s reflexes and speed. My bad...He he he he”

He continued blasting her with more beams. Inside the shadow prison, Rainbow Dash and the rest of the girls were desperately fighting an illusions of Sombra and Stygian, in his shadow form.

“Missed, said the illusion of Sombra to them. This is only a question of time before your feeble minds and souls succomb to darkness. It’s no use fighting it. Just give up already.”

“Never!! Said Twilight. As long as we are together, nothing can stand in our way...Let’s show them the power of our friendship!!”

They held each others hands and started glowing intensively.

“What are you doing?! Asked Sombra. Oh no! I won’t let you do that!!”

Stygian tried to strangle them with shadow tentacles and Sombra tried to hypnotize them, but they failed. The girls started glowing even more. On the outside, in the sky, Sunny was fighting her nemesis.

“Alright, you got a lot stronger since the last time we fought, said Sunny. I have to admit it.”

“Last time, you were lucky, and had the help of your friends, said Moon Breeze. Even with your pet, you won’t be able to beat me this time...”

Cold Moon bombarded the area around Sunny of magic ice shards that expended and trapped her in a thick layer of ice. He then made the ice explode violently with a dark magic blast. Sunny teleported behind Frost and grabbed her. Moon Breeze tried to free herself from Sunny’s grip by moaning heavily. This one was surprised and released her grip.

“What the? Asked Sunny, embarrased. Are you seriously taking pleasure into this?!”

“Got you!!” she said, roundhouse kicking Sunny away.

Sunny retrieved her balance quickly and groaned.

“Cheap shot” said the female hero.

“Did you really expected i would fight fair?” asked Moon Breeze.

“Nah, but i didn’t thought you would step that low to free yourself, answered Sunny. Are you horny or something?”

“Yes, i am, answered Moon Breeze. Tell me, Sunny, did you feel horny, those last weeks?”

“Now that you telling me, i didn’t” said Sunny.

“This is because i took all your horniness, plus some of your flaws as well. Flaws such as being obsessive, compulsive, violent, sadistic, overprotective, jealous and self-centered. I am basically what you never wanted to be.”

“Is this why you want to kill me, then?” asked Sunny.

“Who said i wanted to kill you? She answered. I have other projects for you.”

“Let me guess, said Sunny. You want to corrupt me and force me to serve you?”

“Don’t be silly, said Moon Breeze. It would be too much work and take too long to corrupt your soul.”

She covered herself of a shadow barrier and turned it into a spike ball. She then charged at Sunny. She swiftly avoided the first attack and deflected the second. The third attack hit Sunny, but she was able to shield it and minimize the damages. Meanwhile, Sombra and Stygian were trying to keep their Shadow Prison technique under control. Eventually, the light emanating from the Mane 6 turned into a rainbow dome, blew up the walls of the prison and envelopped Sombra and Stygian.

“My magic!! Said Sombra. My powers, they are...Weakening!!”

“No!!! Said Stygian. Curse you!!”

The rainbow magic dome disappeared, revealing the Mane 6 and Chrysalis standing up, united. Sombra got up and tried to use his magic, but nothing happened. Stygian did the same, with the same result.

“Our...Powers...Said Sombra. They...The’re gone!!”

Tirek threw Sunset far away like a Ragdoll, and looked at Sombra and Stygian.

“We are sorry, said Stygian, we can’t help you anymore, we failed Moonlight...”

“This is fine, you can still have a use” said Tirek.

He opened his mouth and started absorbing the magic energy of his teammates.

“That better have to work for you, said Sombra. Don’t let our sacrifice be in vain”

“Don’t worry about that, said Tirek, who was done absorbing the magic of his two friends. With both of your magic power combined, crushing those girls will be easy.”

The magic he absorbed made him grow 3 times is size, while increasing his muscle mass. The girls charged at him.

“Let’s test that new power” said the bulky villain.

He clapped his hand in front of him and created a magic soundwave so powerful, the girls were sent flying back in the air on dozen of meters. He jumped in the air and landed on the ground, causing an earthquake from which lasers came off, desorienting the heroes and injuring them.

“I will hold him back, she said. You, just find Sunset and do what you did in the dreamworld.”

“She’s right, said Applejack. Daydream Sunset might be our only chance to beat Tirek. Let’s go”

Tirek saw the mane 6 running away, he tried to stop them, but Chrysalis turned into a giant spider and webbed him.

“Do you think you can beat me? Asked Tirek. I will squish you like a bug!!”

He freed himself from the webs and fired a huge beam of magic at Chrysalis, who turned into a swallow and avoided the beam. She took the form of a Dragon and breathed fire at the villain. Tirek riposted with another beam of magic, and quickly overpowered her. Hit, she felt on the ground.

“Pathetic, said Tirek. You fight as you fuck, very badly.”

This pissed her a lot, enought to immediately get back on her feets.

“I will make you eat those word, tiny dick!”

Sombra and Stygian chuckled. He gave them the dark stare and they stopped.

“This is not the size of the tool that count, said Tirek. It’s how you use it that matter”

Sunset finally arrived, in her Daydream form. She landed face to Tirek.

“So, this is the form our boss fear so much, he said. Let’s see if his fears are founded”