• Published 2nd May 2021
  • 190 Views, 2 Comments

The Odyssey of Sunlight Blaze--Rise of a hero volume 3: Rise of the Shadows. - Justafanfictioner



Follow the adventures of Sunlight Blaze, a gifted young unicorn with a heart of gold, a sharp sense of justice and with the dream of becoming the best Superhero, in the world of EG.

  • ...
 2
 190

Chapter one: The Return of Moonlight Frost

A few weeks had passed since Moonlight Frost had been defeated. If Sunset and her friends just returned to their normal everyday life, Sunlight left the city to travel the world at the search of magical artifacts from Equestria that could have landed in this world. Chrysalis, her, found a job at a Resto-Bar as a waitress. The clients were mostly nice to her, most of them being desperate or single men or old people and she was loved by the owner of the place. On the side of Moonlight Frost, after his hard and painful defeat, he had found refuge in a icy, cold, deserted region the people of this world called Antarctica. He stayed deep in the snow and icy water for a week until he totally recovered from his injuries, during which he also thought out a revenge plan on Sunlight and his friends. Sharing the same memories than his alter ego, he remembered having heard of many villains Twilight and her friends had fought over the years. But all of them being either dead, imprisoned or having been banished, except for Discord and Starlight Glimmer, there was no way to recruit them. Until he figured that they might have human counterparts back in the world of Equestria Girls. So, he returned back to the human world and started searching for them. After two long week of research, he had the adresses and locations of the human versions of the villains he wanted to recruit. Of which were Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek, Stygian, Cozy Glow and Discord.

“Alright, he said. If i am not mistaken, this is where Sombra should live. Let’s see what his summary says...He worked as a business man but lost his job when he was framed by one of his rival of a crime he didn’t commit...And...Oh dear...the poor guy, he is really desperate...And this is exactly what i want. Thank to this forbidden magic book i stole back to Equestria that can give to human the powers of their Equestrians alter egos, i will make him and all of the others mine....”

He knocked at the door. The door opened after a few minutes and a man who had not shaved for months appeared.

“What do you want? Asked the man. I don’t have any money to give you of you want to sell me things...”

“Oh, i am not a salesperson nor a begger, said Moonlight. I fell by luck on your rather depressing announce. I also did some research on your past and what happened to you is sad...I am here to help you take your life back in control.”

“You have a job to propose me? He said. I don’t care what it is, i’ll take it.”

“Not a job, said Moonlight, but an opportunity to take your revenge on everyone that ever looked down upon you or humiliated you, especially the one who ruined your life..what’s his name? Ah yes, Greedy Moneybags

“I am interested, said Sombra. Get inside first... And i’ll heard what you have to say.”

Moonlight entered the crappy house and sat on a chair that was still in one piece. This one began by showing Sombra a glimpse of his magic powers.

“Is this real? He asked. Does magic really exist in this world?”

“Yes, answered Moonlight. And you could also use it if you accept to work for me. You see, back to a place called Equestria, where magic is omnipresent, you were..I mean are a fearsome King, ruling a kingdom with an iron hoof..i mean, fist.”

“And am i powerful in this «Equestria» world?” asked Sombra.

“A power only rivaled by the most powerful beings in this world, answered Moonlight. With this book, i can give you all of his powers and magical abilities, in exchange of your loyalty.”

“This magic, is this good of evil magic?” asked Sombra, being reluctant to become a bad guy.

“I will be honest with you, it is dark magic, said Frost. But do you want your revenge on this world for failing you? Or do you want to live the rest of your life like this? Look what having been a goody two-shoes and an honest guy did to you and your life...”

Sombra’s hesitation faded a few seconds after hearing this. The man was right, he had been a good and honest person all of his life and that ended costing him is job, reputation and social life. And after Hearing from him about of how great his alter ego from Equestria is and what he accomplished, he saw the greatness the dark side had to offer to him.

“You are right, the world treated me like shit, said Sombra. Time for me to give them a payback...”

Moonlight recited an incantation and then told Sombra to put his hand on the page of the book dedicated to him. He felt a powerful magic flowing in him, and started to transform. His eyes became green and red and were shining of a purple mist. His old clothes made place to an elegant, royal, shining armor, with a red cape and a badass magic headband.

“I never felt so good, so powerful, in all my life!! Said Sombra. It is what being a King of darkness feel like?! I love it. And i am not forgetting our deal, i will obey your orders and follow your command. BuOt don’t expect me to call you master.”

“Master sound too cliché anyway, said Moonlight. I don’t like it”

“Hum, mind if i call you chief?” asked Sombra.

“Chief will be fine, said Moonlight. And about the guy who ruined your life, what if we paid him a little...visit...hum?”

“Oh, absolutely, he answered. I will enjoy ruining his life...”

Sombra and Moonlight teleported in front of the Business man’s house and knocked at the door. His wife opened the door.

“Yes? What can i do for you?” she asked.

[Much later]

Moneybags parked his car and whistled. He opened the door.

“I am here, Honey!! He said. Is the dinner ready?”

She didn’t answered, he climbed up the stairs and opened the door of his room. What he saw let him devastated. His wife was sleeping against Sombra, who was smiling devilishly.

“Your wife is really wonderful, he said to his rival. I had been bucking her all the afternoon and she liked it.”

“You son of a bitch, said Moneybags. Fine, but i still have my job...”

“Not anymore, said Moonlight. I revealed to everyone how you framed my friend, your co-workers,your boss and your wife and show them how much of a liar and an asshole you really are...”

The phone rang.

“I would answer if i were you, said Moonlight. That must be your boss”

Moneybags took the call. That was indeed his boss calling in to tell him he had been fired.

His wife woke up.

“Oh, and i have to tell you now, i am leaving you for another men, she said. And thank you for the pleasure, Sombra...I didn’t had so much fun since i got married to this guy...I already called my lawyer and filled the divorce papers.”

“Get out of my house!! You whore!!” he said.

“You mean my house, said his wife. It is legally mine, now. So you are the one who will leave it!!”

Moonlight grabbed the guy and threw him out of the house. Sombra said goodbye to Mrs.Moneybags and left the house.

“You took everything from me, said Sombra to her ex-husband. You ruined my life...So I just returned you the favor...But i am not done yet”

He grabbed the guy by the neck and teleported him above a ravine.

“I am sorry, he said. I am sorry!!”

“I don’t care, said Sombra. It is too late for the apologies. Now, i hope they will threat you well in hell...”

Sombra released him and the poor guy fell to his death. He then returned to Moonlight Frost.

“You don’t know how much satisfying this was” said Sombra.

“Glad you liked it, said Moonlight. Now, let’s move on and let’s recruit new allies.”

The duo arrived in front of what seemed to be a jail. Disguising themselves as Guards, they entered the prison and looked for a prisoner named Tirek. They found him in the last cell of the complex. He was thin, young. Weak and frail. He had a beard, a piercing on his nose, white hair and a dark red skin.

“Are you Tirek?” asked Moonlight.

“You two are not the habitual guards i’ve seen today, he said. You must be newbies.”

“We came here to offer you freedom” said Moonlight.

Moonlight explained him that if he joined his alliance, he would break him out and make him unstoppable with magic. Tirek accepted without hesitation and Moonlight gave him the powers of his Equestrian alter ego. A dozen of guards arrived to arrest them.

“Let me handle them, said Tirek. It’s time for an all-you-can-eat buffet...”

Tirek absorbed the vital force of the guards and grew up in size and muscles.

“That’s more like it, said Tirek. That magic-absorbing magic is awesome.”

“There will be more magic for you to absorb if you join me, said Moonlight. Only, you had to do what i said.”

“As long as i can break stuff and punch people, he said. I will follow you.”

“Perfect, said Moonlight. There is still two more allies for us to recruit.”

The trio teleported in front of an university. They were wearing hoodies to hide themselves for unwanted attention. They saw a young adult coming out of it, grey skin, dark blue-green hairs. They saw him getting beaten up by bullies and humiliated.

“What a wimp, said Tirek. He could at least try to defend himself. Is this the guy you are looking for?”

“Yes, said Moonlight. From what i’ve read about him, he doesn’t have any family.”

Moonlight and his new pals walked in direction of the bullies.

“Leave him alone, said Moonlight. Take on someone your own size, loosers”

“Get lost!” said one of the bullies.

“Tirek?” asked Moonlight.

Tirek smiled at the 4 bullies.

“Right on it” he said.

He beated the crap of the 4 bullies, leaving them into a bloody pulp. Stygian looked at his saviors.

“Thank you!! He said. Thank you for protecting me from these bullies...What can i do to repay you?”

Moonlight smiled.

“About that...” he said.

It didn’t took long for Moonlight to convince Stygian to join his supervillain team. When this one accepted, Moonlight proceeded to do the ritual to give him the powers of his pony alter ego, the power of shadows. After that was done, he was totally covered in shadows.

“No one will ever take me down” he said.

“Now that’s done, said Moonlight. We are ready to pass to the second step of my plan.”

“Wait, didn’t you had a least member to recruit?” asked Sombra.

“Yes, but that person is with the people i want you to destroy...” he answered.

He showed pictures of Sunlight and his friends.

“Hum, this one is looking exactly like you” said Stygian.

“It’s because he is my goody two-shoes counterpart, he answered. If i am all about Ice and Darkness, he is about Fire and Light. He have the same powers as i do. Then, you have his sister, the one he care about above everything else. She have psychic powers as well as telekinetic abilities...”

He told them everything to know about their enemies.

“Their magic of friendship is very dangerous, said Moonlight. If they get you with a Rainbow Laser, you are screwed.”

“If they are so powerful, said Stygian. How are we supposed to defeat them?”

“By doing the same thing as them, said Frost. We will use their own magic against them. And for that, we need to trust each other and work as a team. So that mean, no backstabbing...Until we get rid of him and his friends...”

“So, what’s the plan, boss?” asked Stygian.

“Do not call me boss, said Moonlight. Just call me Mr. Moon. As for the plan...It will require a bit of time to complete and will also require teamwork and good communication...So this is how we are gonna do this... "