• Published 18th Feb 2021
  • 2,274 Views, 43 Comments

My little angel - Hydreigon_Omega



During the earlier parts of the holy war, when Mael was still just a boy, he had been banished to equestria for his own safety.

  • ...
7
 43
 2,274

Chapter 3

Celestia sat atop one of many small connected hills, with Mael leaning his head against the barrel of her body. Mael rested under one of Celestia’s wings like a blanket. The grass was lush and green, bushes and small trees surrounded them yet it didn’t make them feel cramped. In the center of the many hills was a reflective lake, it appeared to make it seem as if they were on an island above the clouds.

The wind quietly whistled as the two sat there, enjoying the moment they had together. Hoof steps in the soft grass rustled behind them, it was also paired with the somewhat soft clanking of heavy armor. The heavily armored stallion stood off behind the mother and son duo. He didn’t say anything; he just stood there, in the corner of Celestia’s eye. He had four wings and a horn much like Mael but all his other features were covered in full body armor.

“Beautiful, is it not?” He asked before he sat down beside Mael, “Heya Mael, miss me?”

“Big brother!” Mael said as he hugged him, “I missed you so much!”

“I’ve missed you too.” The stallion whom Celestia could only guess was Ludociel said, “And you must be the one who was taking care of my brother, am I correct?”

“Yes, I am Celestia, and you should be Ludociel.” Celestia said,

“I am, did my brother tell you about me?”

“He told me about how you abandoned him.” Celestia snapped so hard she bit into the air.

“It was a necessary sacrifice, we couldn’t win the war with my best ponies going soft because of a cry baby like him.” Ludociel said in a cocky yet annoyed tone, “Come on Mael, we are going home.” Ludociel grabbed his brother by his hoof and began dragging him away.

Celestia shot the most powerful magic blast she could muster straight at the back of Ludociel’s head. “I cannot let you hurt my son.” Once the smoke cleared the air was filled with a bone chilling cackle. Both the captor and his brother were completely unharmed.

“Your son? Don’t make me laugh,” Ludociel mocked, “You just wanted him to be your play thing, something you could make into nothing but your obedient pet. I know what you did, you banished your sister, all so you could rule by yourself.”

“You know nothing!” Celestia snapped,

“Maybe I don’t,” he said, “But I know where you're goin: To Tartarus.” He fired a powerful blast of magic from his horn at Celestia who blocked it with a shield spell. Seeing that brute force would be no match against her, Ludociel aimed lower and attacked the ground below her making it shatter in the process making a gaping hole form below her hooves.

“MAMA!” Mael screamed

Mael couldn’t do anything but watch as he saw his mother fall down into an unendingly deep hole. Celestia fell, and continued to fall, her wings were numb and her eyes grew tired as she felt herself losing air as it became thinner the further she fell. Celestia’s body had finally gone completely numb and her eyes grew heavy, she could no longer hear her own breath with the air rushing into her ears, “My son.” was the last thing she said before everything went dark.


Celestia woke up in a cold sweat after the nightmare she had just experienced, her breath became labored when she awoke. She slowly began to collect her thoughts as she began to realize it was only a dream. Her heart rate slowed as she moved out of bed carefully so as to not wake the sleeping colt, sleeping with a plushie in his forelegs. She walked over to her desk and looked at a crown that she was going to give to Mael later, she felt a small tear roll down her cheek, as she feared that her dream may just happen.

‘Did I do the right thing for him, or am I asking for too much?’ Celestia though, ‘making him my own son and possible heir to the throne, that is rather a lot of responsibility for anyone.’

Celestia looked out the balcony, the sun wouldn’t need to be risen for the next several hours. The night was calm and beautiful, unlike the day, the moon was especially great tonight gleaming a little brighter than normal. Celestia listened to all the small creatures and insects sing their songs about the night, admittedly she was somewhat jealous of her sister. Her day brought with it many things she didn’t like politics, war, labor, and occasionally death. While her sister had peace and quiet to listen through the night, sometimes she'd trade everything she had just to not be a princess for a day.

She sat watching the moon and its glory rise slowly into the night sky, she began to cry as she remembered all the good memories she shared with her sister. She missed her greatly and knew she wouldn’t see her again for the longest time to ever come. Celestia tried to keep herself optimistic by saying that she was one day closer than yesterday, but that only worked for so long. She turned around to go back to bed and head back to sleep with her son Mael who was-- WHERE DID THE BUCK HE GO!? He was sleeping right there Celestia turned away for only but a few moments, and when she turned back her son was missing. She felt her heart begin to race within her rib cage as she began to frantically search for him.

“Looking for somepony sister?” A familiar voice said

“Nightmare moon,” Celestia scowled, “What did you do to him?”

“The same thing I’ll do to you,” She replied, “But before that I want to give you a present”

Using her magic Nightmare moon grabbed something from out of sight, then she threw it down at her sisters hooves.A pristine white wing, at first Celestia thought it was a severed chicken wing from somepony’s farm, but it was a bit too large to be put on any bird of that size. Her eyes widened as she realized that this was probably the only thing left of her son, being filled with grief and loss she lost all feeling in her legs and fell down to the ground crying right above her son’s severed wing.

“After what you did to me,” Nightmare said, “Seeing that beautiful face of yours go from fear into down right despair brings me so much joy.”

“First you take my sister, now my son.” Celestia said as she began to charge a magical blast, “For this I cannot risk you harming others, NOW PERISH!”

“NOT BEFORE YOU!” Nightmare moon responded.

Being overcome with wrath, Celestia powered her blast easily overpowering her sister. After the powerful blast hit her sister, Nightmare moon was knocked back and was brought to her knees. In all sense she could have stopped her and imprisoned her sister again, but that wouldn’t be enough for what she did. Nightmare moon murdered a child, Celestia’s son, heir to the royal throne, for this she had to atone with her life. Firing one last powerful blast, which equestria had yet to see the likes of, she blasted her sister destroying the entire wall and some of the floor around her. The magical beam fired for miles without stopping, until Celestia finally relented, what had once been her beloved sister was no more than a small pool of blood on the floor. Celestia fell to the ground crying not only for the loss of her son, but also the loss of her sister at Celestia’s newly blood stained hooves.


Celestia had awoken once more, but this time it was to the sound of crying, it was not her own but rather her son’s. She had awoken from a nightmare, while she needed to calm down for a moment, Mael needed it more. She looked down, and saw him shivering in fear with tears running down his face.

“Mael, what's wrong?” she asked in motherly concern.

“*sniff* I-i had a bad dream,” Mael said crying as he began to bury his face into Celestia's coat.

“There, there,” Celestia said as she stroked, trying to put the small child back to sleep, “It’s not real, it was just a dream, just a dream.” The final time she said more so to herself then her son, but they both needed someone to cry to before they could go back to bed.