• Published 18th Feb 2021
  • 2,272 Views, 43 Comments

My little angel - Hydreigon_Omega



During the earlier parts of the holy war, when Mael was still just a boy, he had been banished to equestria for his own safety.

  • ...
7
 43
 2,272

Chapter 10


Earlier that same day


Mael watched the sun rise through a window, it was the one of the few things he was able to do while he was locked down in his room. There, Chrysalis sat beside him, wanting to say something but she could figure out how to say it.

“I think this may be one of the last times I see you.” Mael said sadly,

“I wish it wasn’t true.” Chrysalis said, “You are my only friend Mael. Please, I don’t want you to go away.”

“I don’t want to go either,” Mael said, “but if I have to go, can you promise me one thing?”

“What is it?”

Mael asked his simple request, “Promise me that if I leave we will stay friends forever.”

“Only if you promise that you’ll come back alive.”

“I will.” Mael said confidently, “I promise.”


“Her answer is No.” Somepony said, “you will not touch Mael.”

Celestia turned her head towards the sound of the voice. The sound of metal hoof steps echoed down the endless halls of the castle. They weren’t light and elegant, like hers were, but rather heavy and intimidating, like somepony marching. Eventually a tall and muscular stallion, who was just barely a head shorter than her, walked into view.

He wore full body armor, which was rare to see because of how heavy it was, the majority of it was blue with golden engraving on it. Much like Celestia’s son, he had four white wings, beige fur, and a horn on his head. His mane was dark blue. His eyes were closed, and he didn’t even bother to open them. Was this who archmage was talking about?

“Who are you to give an answer for the princess?” Griffif demanded angrily

“Why should I give an answer to a pheasant like you?” the stallion asked mockingly as he loomed over the emperor, “You are nothing compared to a god such as myself.”

“Why you!” The griffon emperor slash his face with a claw.

The tall stallion didn’t even wince, but rather brought a hoof up and examined the blood that poured from the wound. “Barely even surface level,” The armored pony remarked, as he brought his hoof away as if he was going to punch the emperor.

But that wasn’t the case, the stallion focused his magic into a blade extending from his hoof. The sheer amount of magic he put into his next attack terrified her, even if her sister was here, that wouldn’t be enough magic to even replicate such a powerful attack. Celestia was scared stiff, even the select few guards that accompanied her were shaking in their metal boots. When he finally unleashed his attack, the griffon emperor was sent flying and made a dent in the wall.

“Don’t worry, he is still alive. Probably.” he said as he used magic to heal the wound on his face, “Celestia, was it? I have things we need to discuss with you.”

“I assume you are what the one Archmage told me about?” Celestia asked, “Though, he didn’t tell me your name.”

“Archmage? So that’s what he calls himself in this world.” He said, “My name is Ludociel. I am one of the four archangels, elite warriors of the goddess race.”

Ludociel... Where had she heard that name before? “Ludociel, what does my son mean to you?”

“Mael is your son?” Ludociel asked, when Celestia nodded he became overjoyed, “I hope my little brother hasn’t been too much trouble for you all this time. He means a lot to me and I apologize for forcing my responsibility onto you.”

Little brother? Those words sent her mind into a trip down memory lane. For the first few days after Celestia met her son, he wouldn’t stop rambling about his older brother and how awesome he was. Eventually those memories sent her mind even further back to both she and her sister were fillies, Luna always looked up to her and wanted to be just like her.

But now wasn’t the time to reminisce over the past. There was still one question she needed to ask. Celestia raised a hoof and dismissed her guards, and she understood that this question could be… No, would be very emotional.

“Why?” Celestia asked, Ludociel raised an eyebrow at the simple question, “Why did you send your own brother away? He adored you, he looked up to you.”

“There is no avoiding that question, is there?” Ludociel asked rhetorically, “If you really must know, then I will relive that pain I once felt to tell you the whole truth.”

Celestia watched a tear fall from one of his closed eyes as he began to bring painful memories. “How long has it been now, 11, 12 years? Back when my brother was only about 2 years old, our parents were slain on the battlefield. While they were still alive, my parents created an alliance group with giants and fairies known as Stigma, and being their oldest son, I was handed the responsibility of being Stigma’s leader.” Ludociel's voice became shaky as he remembered what happened next. “About a year later, I had left Mael with someone I thought I could trust to watch over him while I was away fighting in the war. But I was wrong, when I returned, the man who I once trusted the most held my little brother hostage with a knife pressed against his neck. Do you know the hate I felt when I found out one of my closest friends was a traitor? Can you imagine the pain I felt when I had to kill the same person I spent most of my life growing up with?”

Ludociel slammed a hoof into the ground, breaking part of the floor, “My race was supposed to be a symbol of purity and righteousness, not ones of murderers and treasonists. The only ones I knew that I could truly trust, they were all fighting with me in this pointless war.” Ludociel looked up and stared directly at Celestia, “I need you to know that all the other choices would have ended in my own brother’s demise. I had to send him somewhere untouched by this war, and now I can see that you’ve given him something far better than I ever hoped for. It was my intention to take my brother back home with me when the war was over, but now he is old enough for me to train.”

Celestia could see that he was being genuine, and not try to score ‘pity points’ from her. Not even the most talented of actors would’ve been able to reenact all the emotion he expressed when talking about his brother. Ludociel was barely holding himself together from an emotional breakdown. Celestia got off her throne and walked down to Ludociel,

“Ludociel, I can see that your brother truly means a lot to you.” Celestia said, “But as his adoptive mother, I am not ready to let him go yet.”

“I understand.” Ludociel said, “I won’t make you, nor Mael, do anything you don’t want to. But while I’m here, there is something else I must do.”

Celestia was curious as to what he was talking about, she watched him walk over to the griffon emperor who was still stuck in the wall. Ludociel placed the tip of his hoof on his forehead. “Invigorate.” was the single word he uttered. Suddenly the griffon was healed, everything from even the most mortal of wounds to even the stitching of his garments, making it look like nothing had even happened to him.

“Take heed of this mercy I have shown you, and remove your armies from this land and never come back here again!” Ludociel commanded, “If you don’t I will single handedly send you kind into extinction. Do you understand?”

Griffif stared into the white abyss that was Ludociel’s eyes. A shiver ran down his spine as he fled and commanded his armies to flee. Celestia was both impressed and terrified of this individual, he had more than enough magic to back up his threat. Despite using a different dialect than Equesrtria’s standard one, she could tell that he was very intelligent and able to carefully assess the situation at a moment's notice.

“Ludociel, I have a request to make.” Celestia said, as the archangel turned around to face her, “When you return to your home, take your little brother with you and train him. I understand that you care about him as much as I do.”

“Celestia, are you sure of this? He is just as much of my brother as he is your son. I don’t understand how you are letting go of him so easily.” He responded, “My brother and I will not be able to return until the war is over, and there is no guarantee that we’ll be able to communicate between worlds.”

“Fate has been very cruel to me over the past centuries. The only two options I see are that he either goes with you or that evil emperor.” Celestia said, “As much as I want to believe your threat was a bluff, I don’t want to wish any harm upon any creature unless it is absolutely necessary.”


When school ended, Mael was surprised to only see Big Shield standing there with nopony from his platoon. The guardspony motion for the prince to come over to him. As they headed to the castle, the specialist informed the young prince that the griffon emperor had retreated and he wasn’t in any immediate danger. After arriving at the doors to the throne room, the specialist opened the door, revealing somepony who felt familiar to Mael.

“Mael?” he asked, “Is that you?”

Who was this pony? Why did he seem so familiar? Mael couldn’t help but look at that pony with curiosity. Where had he seen him before?

“Don’t you remember me? It’s me, your older brother Ludociel.”

That couldn’t be right. Could it? It had been so many years that Mael had almost completely forgotten about him. Even though it had been so long since Mael had last seen his older brother, he still remembered that Ludociel wasn’t a pony. But what if he became a pony when he arrived here? That’s the same thing that happened to him, or at least he thinks that’s what happened. But the resemblance was still there. Either somepony had guessed correctly on what his brother would’ve looked like as a pony, or his brother really did come here.

Mael felt something cold run down the side of his cheek, he was crying, crying tears of joy. Running towards his older brother, Mael gave his brother a hug. Ludociel wrapped one of his front legs around his little brother to hug him back.

“You- You’re back.” Mael said as he stopped trying to control his tears

“I never forgot about you Mael.” Ludociel said, “You mean everything to me, I couldn’t bear to see you get hurt again. Let’s go home, back to the Celestial realm where we belong.”

“Why can’t we stay here and live together with mom.”

“Because I am needed back home.” Ludociel said, “Much like how Celestia is needed to be here.”

“But I want to stay here.” Mael said, as he backed out of the hug, “I want to be with mom.”

Celestia walked over to her son, wanting to comfort him. She understood his attachment to her, but she also knew that either option would end in a bad outcome for him. Celestia knew she had to pick what she thought would be the lesser of two evils.

“Mael, my son, I would never let anything bad happen to you.” Celestia said, “I need you to understand that if you don’t go with your brother, something terrible might happen to you.”

“T- Terrible?”

“As much as I hate to say goodbye to you,” Celestia said as she let a tear roll down her face, “what I hate more is the thought of you dying because I failed to protect you. Please go with your brother, I can no longer protect you here.”


When the sun rose the next morning, Mael got ready to leave despite wanting to stay so badly. He wasn't one to disobey his mother’s wishes, so he went along as peacefully as he could. Ludociel was sad that his brother’s adoptive mother had to say goodbye to him, but he had to return back to the Celestial realm quickly.

There at the door Ludociel waited for his little brother to come to him. When Mae finally l arrived, he took some saddlebags filled with a few books and his dog plushie he had since he was about 4.

“Are you ready to leave?” Ludociel asked,

“Can I atleast go hug mom before I leave?” he replied

“Go ahead. I have enough time to spare.”

Mael ran over to his mother and hugged her. Tears were shed, knowing that this may be the last time they each get to see each other for a really long time.

“Mael, please be safe.” Celestia pleaded, “And please come back, I don’t want you to be gone forever.”

“I promise I will be safe.” He responded, “Please don’t worry too much mom, I will come back here.”

They continued to embrace each other in a hug for a few more seconds before they had to go separate ways. Mael walked back to his brother who was waiting on him patiently. Words couldn’t express the amount of pain that both mother and son felt, the only time where Celestia had felt anything similar to this pain was when her sister became Nightmare Moon. As the two brothers were about to take off and fly away, Ludociel paused for a moment.

“Celestia.” Ludociel said as he turned all his attention to her, “Whether it be 3 or 300 years, I promise that we will return one day. And Mael will still be alive.”

Hearing those words made Celestia smile. Knowing that her son would be alright comforted her as she watched the two brothers fly out of view.

Author's Note:

Just because this story is complete, doesn’t mean I am done with this story line. I will make a sequel to this in the future.