• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 3,450 Views, 45 Comments

What went wrong? - Frostbyite



First person view of angry Twilight

  • ...
11
 45
 3,450

Prologue

Thanks to bednarowski for letting me use the cover image.

---------------------------

I watched from the ring of fire that surrounded me as she suffered. One who was once an all powerful figure now lay a bloody, broken mess in front of me. Had this been a different situation I would have maybe felt sadness or remorse, yet those feelings were now foreign to me. All that was left was pure seething anger, hatred, and rage.

“Please don’t,” she managed to choke out, a single tear rolled from her eye, down her cheek, only to sizzle and evaporate in the blistering heat around us.

“I’m so sorry, please listen,” she said again, this time coughing up blood, that just added to the puddle already surrounding her. Her once pure white coat red from the puddle that she lay in.

“It wasn’t supposed to have turned out this way, I only wanted to-” her voice is cut off and replaced by choked screams as I put a hoof to her throat to silence her.

I watch as the fur burned and blackened from my touch. If she had the energy left she probably would have been writhing in pain, kicking and flailing to get free. Away from the pain and suffering, the thought only made me push down harder.

With her eyes bulging as if they are about to pop out of her head, and face turning purple form lack of air, I removed my hoof from her throat and she gasped for air.

I brought my face to hers and stared right into her eyes and the reflection from her eyes show what I have become; a monster.

I could see everything that was now me. My eyes once purple, a glowing red, filled with anger. My once purple coat, white-orange, tinted by the flames that are now make my mane and tail. Just as like the wings that now sprout from my sides.

“This pain that you feel right now, this is nothing compared to what I feel, nothing compared to what my friends felt.” I said as she tried to back away from the blazing heat that I was giving off. The image in her eyes not affecting me at all.

“I want to make you suffer so much more, make you experience the pain that I had to feel. Take away the ones you love most and have you sit by unable to stop any of it. Listen to their screams, the sounds of them begging you to help them as the life slowly drains from their eyes. And yet I can’t even do that because a monster like you has no one that she loves. You only use others, just like you used me.”

I backed away from her, and closed my eyes. I stopped and began to focus magic into my horn.

I felt its warmth rise from the base and up to tip and then felt the magic spill out from the top and float above growing in size.

“Wait, what are you doing?” she asked me.

As the ball grew larger I felt my anger begin to subside along with the hatred, sorrow, and pain. I was putting it all into the ball, and as the negative feelings became less and less and the ball grew larger.

“Stop this at once, what do you think you are doing?” now her voice went from worried to angry.

However that only fueled my subsiding anger. The ball of energy above me burst into flames and I lifted it higher into the air giving room to expand.

“Stop this! Do you know who I am? I am Princess Celestia! The all powerful ruler of the land of Equestria! You are nothing but a lowly commoner who should be grateful that I chose to be my student!”

The flames that surrounded me slowly burn out. My makeshift wings disappeared and my mane and tail slowly went back to their original color. Though torn and ragged after the long journey I embarked on that brought me to this moment.

My coat, now white, began to change back to original lavender.

Starting at my hind hooves, I felt the white slowly change back and it faded away revealing my cutie mark then continued up my sides to my head. The last thing that reverted back was my horn and the white vanished at the tip with a small puff of smoke.

I stared down at my former mentor, my face completely emotionless, “I’m not your student anymore. I’ve lost friends and family because of you. I don’t want to hear those words anymore. I don’t want to hear you voice, it sickens me, and I shall make sure I silence it for good.”