• Published 8th Feb 2021
  • 500 Views, 2 Comments

The Flash: Rainbow Racer - BronyBoy98



Rainbow Dash meets The Flash in Central City.

  • ...
 2
 500

Chapter 5

Rainbow Dash ran on the treadmill in a small room. Team Flash decided to test Rainbow's speed, of course Rainbow agreed to the tests, she couldn't resist showing off what she could do. Rainbow was running normal but then started running faster, her body starting flashing with rainbow sparks.

"Whoah, she's a real good runner." Cisco said.
"Vitals seem normal." Caitlin said looking at the screen in front of her.
"Is she using that Speed Force thing you use Bar'?" Joe asked.
Barry shook his head, "I'm not sure."

Rainbow Dash was now behaving like a blur, her legs were moving so fast Team Flash couldn't barely see them. Rainbow's body was producing more and more sparks of rainbow. The sparks were running down the treadmill.

"Uhh, guys?" Caitlin said, the rest of the group looked at her screen, it was changing colors.
"Is that normal?" Joe asked as the screen changed from red to orange and then to yellow.
"Even for us, this is not normal." Cisco said, the screen had now changed from green to blue.
"I can't do that with my speed." Barry said.
"And I'm pretty sure Wally can't either." Joe said.

The screen kept following the rainbow pattern and began changing colors faster. a rainbow colored substance began leaking from around the screen, dripping down onto the keyboard.

"Ok, I definitely can't do that." Barry said disgusted.
"What the hell is that stuff?" Joe asked.
"I don't know, but I'm definitely taking a sample." Caitlin said pulling out a beaker and a cotton swab from her purse.

Rainbow continued to accelerate, she was now generating a bright rainbow aura that was getting bigger.

"Uhh guys, maybe we should-" Cisco didn't get to finish his sentence because rainbow goop shot through the screen at Cisco's face.
"Oh, that's.." Joe began.
"Yea, yea, just get it off." Cisco said feeling uncomfortable.
"Hold still." Caitlin said rubbing her cotton swab on Cisco's cheek. "Got it."

Team Flash and Rainbow Dash were in the Cortex talking.

"So how did I do, awesome right?" Rainbow Dash asked with a smile.
"Yea, you could really move in there." Iris said.
"Yea, until you flooded our computers with rainbow slime." Cisco said with a rainbow stained towel in his hand, there was still some rainbow goop on his face.
"Yea, my bad." Rainbow said with a giggle.
"I can't find a single element or compound that matches this stuff." Caitlin said holding a vial of the rainbow slime.
"I don't think your egghead science is gonna solve me." Rainbow said, "That goop is made from the magic that's generated when I run."
Caitlin laughed at Rainbow's comment, "Magic? There's no such thing."
"I don't know about that." Barry said, "Remember John Constantine?"
"He can easily be explained with science." Caitlin said.
"Well I'm not even from your world so why would you think your science can explain me?" Rainbow asked.
"Well.." Caitlin began but suddenly her eyes began to glow white. Her light brown hair began to change to snow white and her lips became dark blue.

Killer Frost was now in the Cortex.

"Ok, sorry, but I kinda wanna take the wheel for now." Killer Frost said pushing her hair back over her shoulders.
"Whoah, Cait, you have superpowers?" Rainbow asked with a surprise.
"We do, but I'm not Cait right now." Killer Frost said.
"Uhh, Rainbow, this is Killer Frost, Caitlin's...sister," Barry said, "Killer Frost, this is Rainbow Dash."
"You look like you belong on a kid's cereal box." Killer Frost said with a glare.
"You look like you belong on the moon." Rainbow said also glaring.
"Easy ladies." Cisco said gesturing them to be nice.
"Ok, Frost, what do you want?" Barry asked.
"I just wanted to stretch my legs." Killer Frost replied, "Caity doesn't mind."

Joe's phone started to ring. "I gotta take this." Joe said before going outside the Cortex.
"So what can you do?" Rainbow asked looking at Killer Frost.

Killer Frost's hands began to produce mist and made a crackling noise.

"I can freeze stuff." she replied.
"Cool." Rainbow said.
"That was CCPD," Joe said coming back into The Cortex, "those robbers got released."
"Don't you mean escaped?" Cisco asked.
"Kinda, but one of the officers just let them out, someone could've sworn his eyes were glowing white." Joe explained.
"This meta is controlling cops now," Barry said, "we have to stop whoever this is."
"I might have a lead, I'll call you when I'm ready." Joe said leaving.
"In the meantime I'll hit the streets before Joe calls." Barry said.
"I'm in." Rainbow Dash said happily.
"Uhh, no offense Rainbow Racer, but you don't exactly look like you can blend in." Cisco said.
"If you wanna come with me, you should stick to the skies, people will just think you're a bird or a drone." Barry said.
"What's a drone?" Rainbow asked.
"It's what people will think you are." Killer Frost said with a smirk, "I'll come too, I could use the exercise."