• Published 3rd Feb 2021
  • 787 Views, 49 Comments

Fallout: Harmony - Foreverking0



A Fallout/MLP crossover. Equestria is Invaded by dimensional portals dropping wasteland horrors, Only 3 can help.

  • ...
6
 49
 787

Bitter dreams

"Sister, you need to sleep" Luna begged Celestia.
Any other night, the princess of the night would find it amusing just how much the mentor was like the student. Celestia was pacing in her study, a warm glow emanating from the fireplace. The troubled look on her face had not vanished since her outburst earlier. Luna herself had not seen her sister's cool deminer crack in over a millennium, granted that she had missed most of it. The outburst seemed to shake Celestia, or maybe it was the decision her student had reached. Seemingly too deep in brooding, luna raised her voice.

"Tia!"

Celestia's wing jolted at the disruption. Celestia locked onto Luna like a new guard caught sleeping on sentry duty.

"Please, this has gone on long enough, you have been in here all day. You were so lost, We had to lower the sun for our ponies." Luna pleaded.

"I don't understand, how did it go so wrong. She wants to fight, after everything she's learnt, she WANTS to fight" Celestia stated as if still trying to believe the words herself.

"We do not understand what the dilemma is sister, we fought many battles in our time, is it not what we would do?" Luna asked.

"Yes, we had to Luna, but dear Twilight did not. She was supposed to be different. Twilight and her friends, were proof of a different path. With her understanding of friendship, and her friends guiding her, she would unite all creatures. The Elements, those girls, you must have seen it, It was them all over again." Celestia slowly walked closer to luna as she vented. Luna avoiding the connotation, tried to counter.

"They are gone Tia, and we have used the elements ourselves."

"But look at the difference Lulu, What they did for the empire, for you," Celestia stressed the last part by lightly tapping Luna on the chest with her hoof. "Twilight and her friends did so much, and without having to resort to... excessive force" The last part had left a bad taste in both of their mouths.

Luna watched as Celestia sagged, she was tired, tried in a way few could be.
"This was a burden I wanted her to have," Celestia whimpered out, broken.

Luna was always the younger sister, it was Celestia who was there for her in her darkest moments, and even when she had fallen, Celestia had never given up. Celestia had been the Will of the sun itself, Only Luna had ever seen her vulnerability. hidden under all the formality and preeminence, was an older sister trying to do the best she can. Luna nuzzled her sister, wiping away the single tear forming on her sister's cheek. Luna then did the only thing she could, she sat her older sister down and found words of comfort.

"We may control the sun, the moon, even the stars in the sky, but we cannot control everything, Tia. This may not be the path you wanted young Twilight to take, but it's the path she has chosen. All we can do now is help her in any way we can, and continue to help her be the best princess she can be. Have faith in her sister, she will come out of this stronger. If you had told us a millennia ago that the whole world's fate may lie in the hooves of six ponies again, we would have called you featherbrained. Now we have no doubt that those same six ponies could do so, and you are the one responsible."

Luna looked down at her sister, a small smile appeared on her face.
"Thank you, Lulu."

Luna sat next to her sister and enjoyed the moment, one of the rare few she had time for these days.

As the crackle of the fire could be heard in front of them, the sound of a large door creaking open could be heard behind. The Two princesses stood up as one of the night guards was at the door.

"Your Majesties" he bowed before levitating over a scroll, "I have the reports complied for you".

Celestia levitated the scroll over and gestured for the DayGuard to leave.

"Reports?" Luna inquired as the door was closed.

"I had your new lieutenants keep tabs on our new friends," Celestia explained as she read the reports.

"You mean spying on them" Luna stated, giving her sister a slightly dirty look. She would have scolded her for being so distrusting, but between the moment they just shared and all that Celestia had on her plate, she decided to stop at a sharp reply.

"Just some notes on their behaviour and discussions. It's not spying if they tell them willingly" Celestia said with some cheek. Finishing the report, her face was neutral.

"Did they find something?" Luna asked.

"Yes, and it's not promising. Nathen seems competent, but the others..." Celestia levitated the scroll over to Luna, whose magic usurped Celestia's on the scroll.

Nate had spent most of his time looking over the strategic and tactical defence of Equestria, living up to his claim of being a military official. The courier, 'Six' had shown incredible potential but sounded like he was more at home at a bar than as an advisor. The worst was Johnathan, who had been abrasive and short-tempered most of the time. Miss Levee had spent some considerable time with Nathan discussing the details of our forces, while Rapid Fire had spent much of her time between John and Six. Battle Bowler had initially been assigned to John, but John had been reluctant to go anywhere by himself, let alone talk.

"I don't trust sending ponies out this early Luna, we don't know anything about these beings," Celestia commented.

"I don't see an alternative, what more could you want?" Luna countered.

"I don't know Luna, I just wish we had some more knowledge on them, just something prior to their arri-" Celestia stopped mid-sentence, and looked directly at her sister. Luna was confused for a moment before her eyes grew wide.

"No," Luna answered preemptively.

"But Luna!" Celestia tried to stop her sister as she walked away.

"We do not do such things anymore," Luna said firmly.

"This is an emergency" Celestia responded as she went after her sister who was leaving the room.

"No!" Luna said back in a raised voice, passing down the corridor.

"We only need a few moments, a glimpse would do!" Celestia shouted down the hallway as she followed her sister.

"Tis a breach of privacy!" Luna shouted back, her voice echoing off the stone walls and floor. She was briskly making her way back to her room when Celestia responded.

"Like entering someone's dreams?!" Luna had halted at that accusation. Spinning around, wings flared, a snarl on her face as her sister closed the gap.

"That is our duty Tia" Luna spat back.

"So is the safety of our ponies," Celestia responded, everything from her tone to her face was serious.

It took a while, but eventually, Luna's anger subsided. Her head lowered in defeat.
"Fine, a look, but no more."

Celestia showed visible relief at the words.
"Thank you, Sister"

Luna rolled her eyes as she left, she would do it, but she didn't like it.


Dreams were special. Part mind, part magic. For the princess of the night, dreams played a special role in her duty. Once, one of her many titles had been the Guardian of Dreams. While a thousand years had passed, ponies being plagued by nightmares was a plague that never ended.
Since its return, the Night court had never been as busy as its daytime counterpart. So Luna spent much of her time scouring the dreamscape of nightmares and helping troubled minds.
However, part of entering someponies dreams involved entering their mind. This meant Luna had quite the knowledge of the mindscape, and how to navigate it. While Luna only used this ability to help ponies with their dreams, it was entirely possible to do other things.
Before her fall, Luna had on occasion used her gift to explore the memories of those unwilling to tell her what she wanted to know. It was one of the many things she blamed for her descent into darkness, the abuse of power. But Celestia had made a good point, They knew next to nothing about what they were facing or who they were working with. This was a line Luna was uncomfortable crossing, but if it was only the moment before their abduction, she could convince herself it was just. If this could give them even an inkling of what they were dealing with, it may be worth it.
Locating the subconscious minds of the sleeping was usually the most difficult part since it's less a matter of distance than familiarity. Space was inconsequential in the realm of dreams, but knowing exactly what you were looking for was no guarantee she would find it. Having spent time with all three of her targets, Luna could locate their unique signature. Luna picked one at random and broke through the sub-conscience barrier.

Rustling leaves were the first thing Luna noticed, as birds calling and the sound of children playing. The world slowly formed around her as she walked. Grass, trees, a clear blue sky, Luna could almost mistake it for Equestria. The humans walking around and sitting on benches quickly dispelled that notion, as did the strange-looking skyscrapers that could be seen over the tree line. Nate was at a park, sitting on a picnic blanket with another human. With long brunette hair, and in a green dress, Luna assumed this was a female human. Luna slowly walked up behind Nate and listened in on the conversation.

"Nora, I'm so proud of you, your first client! Tomorrow, we should celebrate. There's a place down near the bay that just opened. Good food, fine wine, watch the sunset..." Nate tempted Nora.

"That would be so great, but I need to head down to the office tomorrow, The firm wants me to start right away. We always knew this was going to be a difficult beginning for me, but after a few years, things will calm down." Nora reassured Nate, leaning her head on his shoulder as they watched children on the playground.

"Do you have to go?" Nora asked with sadness in her tone.

"They need every man they can get in Alaska, and the papers already went through," Nate responded, putting his hand on Nora's midsection.

"It's just one tour, then we can we can move to the suburbs and raise Shaun as a family," Nate added.

Luna watched the couple for a while longer before resigning herself to her next actions.
"We are sorry for this."

The dream shifted as Luna commanded the dreamscape to show memories as if flipping through a book. She stopped as the scenery shifted from the colourful world of Equestria to a grittier reality. Nate was sitting at an old desk, wood with gilding. Like everything else in the room, it was old and worn. The Whole room seemed like an office, the walls, floor and ceiling were made of stone and concrete. On the back wall was a blue flag with white stars, a white weapon similar to those found in this world and a white lightning bolt. Nate was looking at a small box with a black face and green writing, tapping away at buttons like it was a typewriter, candle next to him. Luna would have looked at what Nate was writing, but due to the nature of dreams, whatever was written there was lost to Nate's real memories.

"General?" A voice asked from in front of Nate. Luna looked to see a man with dark skin in the doorway.

"Preston, we've been over this. You don't need to call me that when it's just us. No one's around to pester you for protocol." Nate responded, never looking up from his machine.

"Well, that's just it Sir, someone is here, you've got a visitor," Preston said with a smile. That caught Nate's attention as he looked up at Preston.

Preston spoke to someone outside briefly before letting them in. What walked through the door was one of the strangest things Luna had ever seen. It was a machine; it looked like a man, but wrong. It has rubber skin covering parts of its body, but others were bare, showing mechanical parts. It had bright glowing yellow eyes and wore a faded trench coat and fedora.

"Nick, It's been some time."

"I'll say. What, did you get tired of this old mug?" Nick asked with jest.

"No, just been busy with this job. The council wants the frontier secured sooner than later. There have been sightings of raiders returning to Nuka-World, this is the third time this year." Nate explained.

"Let me guess, you don't think they're on vacation?" Nick asked rhetorically.

"No," Nate replied firmly.

"Nate, I've been snooping around. You've refused several offers of time off, the council thinks it's time you stepped down for your own good. A bunch of the old gang have been talking, You never respond to Piper's letters, Never have time for a drink with MacCready, Hell even Hancocks asked me to talk to you. They're are worried, and so am I, Think we both know what this is about, you can't keep blaming yourself." Nick said.

"What are you talking about Nick?" Nate asked annoyed.

"Keeping yourself, buried up to your neck in work, watching over the commonwealth defences personally, putting yourself in as many postings as you can? Sounds like someone who tries to keep everyone safe, might feel like they failed to do so before," Nick insinuated.

"The commonwealth needs protecting, and I'm the one up to the job," Nate stated firmly. Valentine didn't respond right away, Luna saw the machine man's face morph from concern to empathy.

"It's not your fault you know, you did the best you could. Take it from the synth with a dead man's memories, there are some things you have to learn to let go of and move on." Nick told Nate, who had stopped his work entirely.

"Nick, I appreciate the talk, but I'm fine. I need to finish these reports. Once things calm down again, we can talk. Please." Nate told Nick, pain in his voice. The Synthetic Detective looked over his friend one last time.

"Ok, Nate. Remember, if you need someone to talk to, you know where to find me." Valentine turned to leave, before calling back one last thing.

"Oh, and Cait also told me to tell you that you still owe her sixteen caps."

"Take care, Nick," Nate added as the synth left.

As the door closed, Nate tried to get back into his work but found himself too distracted. Eventually, he leaned back in the chair and pondered his place in the world.

Knowing what came next from the slow glow encompassing the General, Luna finished up her snooping and left to find the next dreamer on her list.

As one dream faded into the aether, another replaced it.

A difficult concept for ponies to understand is the self-centred nature of dreams. When scholars of old asked Luna about her ability to perceive dreams, She had tried to explain how this was both a metaphorical and literal description. The perceived world was only as deep as the dreamer. This was never more visible to Luna than during moments such as this dream.

John was much younger in his dream, a necessary change considering his current need for agility. Luna watched as the terrified young man bolted down a metal corridor, the scenery fading in and out as it moved, but John stayed still. Whatever was chasing him stayed just on the event horizon of his dream. From John's perspective, he could run as fast as he could, but his pursuer would always be close.
Transitioning away from a nightmare was much more difficult than a normal dream, as the shock could wake the dreamer. Normally, this could be done by either easing them out of the scenario or by breaking the dream. Since Luna could not alert John to her presence, Luna thought of how best to end the cycle. There was a chance that letting John get caught could break the dream, but Luna also knew it could cause John to wake up. Luna decided the risk was worth it, besides, she wanted to know what could terrify him so much. This was reinforced seconds later as John threw a metal cart in the way as he continued bolting, only for the pursuer to casually walk through it, smashing the cart effortlessly.
The curiosity alone was enough to make Luna's decision for her. Luna's horn began to glow as a magical aura grabbed John's foot and forced him to trip. John's dream responded accordingly, creating a wall in from of him to fall onto. As John stood himself back up, he looked up in horror at the monster slowly approaching him. It was large, humanoid. The was made of metal, a monster. As it walked towards, John, the ground shook with a distinctive thump with every step. As he drew nearer to John's cowering form, the walls rapidly deteriorated, growing old with dirt and dried blood. The metal man held some sort of weapon, it was also metal with an ominous red glow terminating from it. The thumping stopped as the predator reached the prey.
It stood there, looking down at John. Luna leaned in with fascination at this mental construct, what was it, what did it mean?
The metal man lowered his weapon in one hand, using the other to reach up to his head. With a hiss, the head began to lift as the hand removed what was, in fact, a helmet. A human inside was bruised and bloodied, Her blond hair dirty and tied up at the back. Her face was etched with resentment.

"They needed you, and you abandoned them. You left the brotherhood because they were becoming corrupt, Yet look how far you've fallen. You left the people of the capital wasteland to find ghosts, how many have you made suffer?! " The Woman of Steel spat.

"Please, Sarah! I tried, I didn't belong anymore, you were all gone!" John begged, holding himself up against the wall.

"What, we all fall and suddenly it's too hard anymore? We sacrificed everything for the wasteland! What would my father say if he saw you now, what would your father say, what about Amata, or Cross, or Fawkes? They believed in you, I believed in you. They thought you would help the wasteland be a better place, but Look at the monster you have become." John indeed looked at his hands, covered in blood, as bodies started to fade into existence around him.

"You know what we do to monsters, John..." Sarah told John softly as she raised her weapon to him. Voices began to speak as John accepted the inevitable. Voices of the past.

Luna saw where this was going, before Sarah had a chance to fire, she shifted the dream state, hearing lingering words being said softly by a calm warm voice. "I am alpha and omega, the beginning and the end..."

The world faded in as John's subconscious aligned with the memory. John was now as Luna had seen him in the waking world, old and grizzly, walking towards a large building as lightning illuminated the many ruins around him. The heavy rain didn't faze the driven hunter. Luna decided this time to enter the dream properly but still hidden. She could feel what John had felt, the cold and the rain. She quickly trotted over to John, the memory unable to see her. She followed alongside John as he pushed the broken glass doors apart. Somehow, some of the lights were still on, even as part of the roof had caved in. John walked cautiously through the building, carrying a clunky weapon with a round middle. Luna suddenly heard people laughing, something John had also picked up on as he stopped. John aimed the weapon in the direction of the noise as he made for the source. Luna followed behind as John peered around a corner. Luna walked out to see what he was looking at to see light coming from a room down a hallway. John crept down the hallway to the side of the door the light was coming.

" 'When's Marco and Nikky coming back with the chems' he asks me, and I'm just standing there looking at him sitting on those two while they're passed out and he's holding the box of chems, half-empty!" One of the humans was telling to a bunch of his compatriots while sitting around a fire.

Luna walked ahead of John and up to the dirt-covered humans, listening to their conversation.

"Hey, those three idiots used up a week's supply of chems, I paid honest caps for those." One human yelled from behind a counter a few meters away from the campfire.

"You haven't earned a cap honestly your entire life!" One of the humans shouted back amused.

"More honest than you!" The counter occupier shouted back. The rest of the humans laughed at those two arguing.

"At least we got that huge score a while back, chems may be thin but the booze keeps rolling. Maybe another group will try hitting the hospital, then we can hit'em and have chems for weeks."

Luna didn't understand what they were talking about, but apparently, it was enough for John as luna caught a glimpse of him throwing something towards the campfire. Luna watched as a small dark object arced towards the group of humans, clinking and clanking when it hit the ground.

"What the...OH SHI-" Was all one of the humans was able to say before an explosion rocked the area.
Luna could not truly be physically hurt in a dream, pain was very much a sensation she could feel. thus, Luna had trained herself long ago to leave dreams on reflex. Luna seconds after the pain started, shifted back to observing the memory from the outside.

As Luna recovered mentally from the pain, John barged in and started his violent crusade. Luna watched as John brought his weapon to bear, aiming it at the head of one of the downed humans who had survived. The former Nightmare moon princess of the night cringed as a loud bang was followed by the head of the victim of John's aggression had their head was replaced by chunks of gore.

While John continued to blow the heads of the survivors, the human behind the counter ducked under and pulled out a weapon similar to the one 'Sarah' had in John's dream. A beam of light shot from the weapon to hit John on his back, seeing the jacket he was wearing. The burn didn't reach his skin, but the heat was enough to cause John to stagger. The man kept firing as John threw himself towards a stone pillar near the corner of the room the corridor opened into.

"Eat shit motherfucker!" The man yelled, firing the red beam over and over till it ran out.

While he was reloading, John burst forth from behind the pillar and ran towards the counter. firing the clunky weapon once more, the head of the hostile human vanished into red chunks. John jumped the counter and patted down the corpse, finding some yellow capsules. John reactively flinched as holes started exploding on the counter next to him, another human had appeared through an unseen doorway. John unhooked a belt he was using to hold his old weapon and strapped it to the new one on the ground, slinging it over his head and picking up his old weapon with practised ease.

Luna watched the creature she had requested the help of, as it sat under the counter calmly. Waiting until the assault stopped, John peered through one of the holes in the counter to see his attacker reloading on the other side of the doorway. without making a sound, John leapt over the counter and over to the wall the doorway was set in. He reached the wall just in time for the human in the doorway to continue firing at the counter, unaware his target had moved. John was messing with his own weapon, the clunky machine failing to work. After messing with it and ejecting a red tube from the weapon and failing to fire again, John took to using the weapon as a club. His assailant screamed as the weapon was brought down on his hands, breaking them. He then brought it back up, breaking the man's jaw.
An audible thump was heard from the man collapsing on the ground, followed by the clack of John dropping the weapon. Taking the light shooting weapon off his back, John charged further into the building. Luna slowly walked into the dream and up to the broken human in the doorway. She was troubled as she looked back to the smouldering remains of the room's previous occupiers.

"what monster have we asked for aid from..." Luna pondered, unsettled by the lack of morality displayed.

She once again followed John, as the wall of the memory was approaching. The details of the building were muted, losing focus the longer it had been since John had seen them. Some details stayed longer than others, holes in the walls, burn marks, and strange piles of ash. The already horrid background smell was more off-putting near the ash piles, and they were still glowing warmly. The world slowly faded back into place, a sign that Luna was reaching John.

"Please, I'll stop, I swear to god, just please!" A pained voice shouted.

The source of the voice appeared as Luna walked into a room filled with cubicles and machines with glowing glass viewers.
A single wounded human lay up against a cubical as John approached. With the short beginnings of a scream, The human turned to ash as John shot the red beam at him. It was at that point Luna figured out where all those other ash piles had come from. It also occurred to her that the beam she had been hit by weeks ago look eerily similar to the one she had just seen. If these weapons could do this much damage, they were a threat to all creatures in Equestria, great and small.
Luna watched as John interacted with one of the machines, information appeared on the glass like a magic scroll, words forming quickly across the whole thing. John's search ended after scanning multiple pages of information, mostly letters and reports. His eyes widened as he looked at the information on the screen. While most of the information made no sense to Luna, it had obviously meant a great deal to John. John brought his left arm up and started to fiddle with his own small machine. Looking closely, Luna could see a list John had just added two words to.
RAVEN, NORAD, SAC, IRON, ENCLAVE, WHITESPRING, CHICAGO?, MOUNT WEATHER.
Luna pondered the meaning of the list's content, but as John began to leave the chair he had sat on, He slowly began to glow. In a panic, he rapidly began looking at himself and his machine, trying to find the cause. It was too late, as the sole occupant of the building vanished in a flash, ending the Memory sequence.

Luna hovered in the aether, Considering the implications of these memories. This world was much more dangerous, and if John was anything to go by, ruthless than she or her sister could have anticipated. The human world indeed seemed to be in a state of decay, judging from the buildings she had seen in both dreams. Whatever was left of the human species was armed and dangerous. If even a fraction of the creatures of this world were as dangerous, Equestria would need to be in a state of war. Luna internally debated the effectiveness that her efforts would have against the coming storm, as she went to face the last of the foreign dreams.

Her internal conflict was brought to a screeching halt as she looked into Six's dream. it was an empty white hall with Six's sitting on a bench in the middle, his dirty blond hair giving him away. Puzzled, Luna attempted to shift the dream to a memory, only to find nothing change. Her puzzlement worsened to bafflement, her inability to alter a being's dreamscape being a powerful ability. Luna decided to enter the dream, as her magic was far more potent when directly applied. As she took her first steps into the dream, the ground had no texture, no feeling. There was no sound, sights or smells. It was as if the entire hall and everything in it were void. She slowly walked from the wall she had just appeared from towards Six. Even with nothing in the room, her magic would render her completely invisible to all but the most practised of minds.

"I'd offer you a drink, but as you can see, there's not much here..." Six said, still looking at the ground in front of him. Luna stopped, spooked by the implications.

"You can see us?" Luna asked in shock.

"Is there anything else in this place?" Six asked, then waved Luna over. "Make yourself at home, best you can"

Lune walked over to in front of Six, looking around.
"What is this place?"

"Purgatory, The empty, The waiting room, The place between days, the sleepless sleep, take your pick. I'm guessing it's supposed to be inside my head. " Six Answered casually.

"How often do you find yourself in this place?" Luna asked with concern.

"Whenever I sleep, If I do enough damage, I end up here. I don't know what the alternative is, but apparently, it's bad enough for this to seem welcoming." Six explained.

"How can you not know? if you have not experienced them, how can you be sure it is worse?" Luna asked confused.

"Oh, I'm aware on some level. I don't remember when I wake up, but I never want to go back. Besides, my memory here and out there are... disjointed. When I wake up, I forget everything in here; and when I'm here, Everything out there is clouded, both worlds seem like the dream." Six Explained.

"It sounds like a prison, to be all alone, trapped in your own mind." Luna pressed, empathising with Six's cage.

"Probably some form of mental trauma, or maybe physical. Seen Nightkin with mental issues, it's not pretty. But I've lived with it this long, Can't exactly do any worse." Six responded. after a pause, Six stood up.

"So, you didn't expect me to see you, which means you were hoping to be here without me knowing. I'm guessing you're doing some snooping on your new guests, have you seen any of the others yet?" Six Inquired.

"Please do not tell them, we only wished to understand you and your world better, a glimpse of your journies," Luna lightly pleaded.

"Our journies? you're looking for our memories? wait, can you read minds?" Six asked accusingly.

"Nay, But our powers allow us to influence dreams. In desperate circumstances, we have used this ability to turn dreams into memories, for the two are closely linked. However, We only intended to see the moments before your arrival." Luna explained.

Six looked into Luna's eyes as if searching for the truth. Luna stood resolute in his gaze until Six's gaze turned from caution to apathy.

"Well, it doesn't matter. As I said, I never remember this place when I wake up. I just wake up as if I never slept at all. Anything that happens here, stays here." Six elaborated, Sitting back down.

Luna thought about Six's predicament. While out in the waking world, there was a human named Six, here there was also seemed to be a human named Six, who was confined to this prison. An entire section of his memories was locked away, unknown by his waking self. To be alone, trapped in this nothingness, with no one to talk to. If anyone could understand his plight, it was the Princess of the Night, who had been imprisoned both by the darkness and then her sister for one thousand years.

"If you wished, We could visit you, here," Luna asked with a hopeful smile.

Six looked up at Luna in confusion.
"But, why, don't you have an entire nation to run?" He snarked.

"Maybe, but as long as you're working for us, your care is too is our responsibility. furthermore, We too know what it means to be imprisoned alone. Would you not like some company here?" Luna pressed, hoping he would concede. Not only would this part of Six be able to tell her what she needs to know and keep it secret, but She also wanted to help him.

Six's shoulders sagged as he conceded.
"Ok, sure, why not. I don't exactly have anything better to do."

Six once again pulled himself from the bench, this time with purpose as he walked towards a corridor, one Luna as absolutely sure was not there moments ago.

"You wanted to know my story, are you coming?" Six asked impatiently, looking at Luna expectantly.

She swiftly followed as the strange human left down the corridor. As soon as Luna was close enough, she could see nothing but doors. A hallway of doors onto the horizon, unhelped by the completely white and textureless walls, floor and roof. Each door seemed to be unique in some regards, some were heavy and rusty, some were old and flimsy; some were nothing more than cloth, obscuring the other side.

"These, these are memories. Everything you can remember, Your mind has found a way to manifest them as physical gateways." Luna reasoned as she looked from door to door.

"It's how I keep myself entertained, I don't remember the other side very well, but I can choose to revisit them here. It's less like remembering my life and more like remembering someone else's. I remember things vaguely, but here, I can see them again like it's the first time." Six explained as he looked for a door.

"This is incredible, whoever taught you mind magic was a very good teacher." Luna admired, looking at every door she passed with interest.

"What the hell is mind magic? You know what, never mind. This wasn't taught, It just happened." Six stated

"This kind of structuring does not 'just happen', greater minds than we have tried and struggled. If not magic, then what could have caused this?" Luna pondered.

"Hell if I know. My Brain has been shot, bashed, Removed, shocked, and probably done every kind of chem from Baja to Reno. I've heard of some people being able to read my mind and tell the future, but I can't do that. I don't know what's going on out there half the time, Either I'm here or I completely blackout." Six Answered with an increasing tone of exhaustion.

Finally, he stopped at a door. It was old, very old. Dark brown with an old square, brass, door handle on the left. it looked like it had been weathered by heat, sun and sand. There were spots of dried blood sprinkled around a symbol in the middle. It was like a bit, but silver in colour, and it had square grooves cut around the sides, making it resemble something of a gear.

"Ok, 2282, seemed about right. This is the door, my god, it's been that long. still seems like yesterday, Guess this place messes with time too." Six reminisce.

"What memory is this?" Luna asked.

"Well, you wanted to know more about me. I figure, why not start from the beginning," Six answered.

"This is your childhood?" Luna asked, looking at the bloodstains with rising concern.

"No, but after this, whoever I was before stopped mattering. As far as I'm concerned out there, this is the only thing that really matters anymore. Might give you the insight your after." Six responded.

Luna took a look at the door again and immediately moved to open it, Only to be stopped by Six.

"This may be a bit jarring, It wasn't a pleasant experience." Six warned her.

This was immersing herself directly into a memory, not filtered by her control of dreams. Luna knew this could be shocking or disorientating, even traumatising. However, Luna had done much and seen more. She braced herself as she entered the door.