• Published 25th Jan 2021
  • 4,356 Views, 4 Comments

A Place in Equestria IV: Shadow Play - GoebelTron



Can the Mane 6 and Pillars stop the Pony of Shadows?

  • ...
2
 4
 4,356

Chapter 6: Journey To The Hollow Shades

When they left Ponyville after getting some supplies and snacks, the group went ahead and passed through the entrance of the mountain pass to The Hollow Shades. “I don’t like this,” Scootaloo said, as she and the other two fillies looked up at the dark cloudy sky. “Don’t worry, girls. Everything’s gonna be okay,” Sunset said. “Just stick with us and we’ll protect you,” Rainbow Dash said. “Now Sweetie Belle darling, stay close,” Rarity said, as her sister nodded in reply.

Fluttershy had Thomas riding on her back, while he hugged his Snuggle Bear teddy with one arm and held onto his mother’s mane with the other hand. “How much further?” Sunset asked. “Not long. We should be getting close,” Twilight said. “Well, it doesn’t look like it, but it looks like we’re going on a wrong direction,” Starlight said.

“Starlight, I know Starswirl knows what he’s doing. Just have faith,” Twilight said, as Starlight nodded in reply. “But is it really necessary to banish a legendary threat in front of a little kid? Thomas has been scared for long enough, you know.”

“Yeah, I know. But what has to be has to be,” Twilight said. “Okay. Then I guess we’ll have to do it with ease of force,” Sunset said. “Mage Meadowbrook? I also found out something from the book I read,” Thomas said, while taking out the book from Fluttershy’s saddlebag. “What is it, sweetpea?” Mage Meadowbrook asked. “The only way to stop the Pony of Shadows is to either banish him by full power of a greater magic or removing the one thing that makes him stronger. And since the Ponhedge is destroyed, maybe we can find something at The Hollow Shades?” Thomas said. “Find the source of his power?” Rainbow Dash asked. “How are we supposed to do that?”

“We’ll never know once we find him,” Starswirl said. “Is he still mad at me?” Thomas asked nervously. “No, sweetie, no. He’s just trying to keep all of us safe from harm,” Twilight said. “Okay,” Thomas said. “Mage Meadowbrook, I also caught swamp fever one time, along with my big sisters because we were picking out some flowers for Momma.”

“Oh my. Did that really happen, Fluttershy?” Mage Meadowbrook asked. “Yes, but thanks to your efforts, I got my son and the girls better in no time,” Fluttershy replied. “Well, I’m sure you’re doin’ alright now, Thomas sweetie,” Mage Meadowbrook said. Thomas nodded, and then Rainbow Dash and Flash Magnus saw something far from behind.

“What is that?” Rainbow Dash asked. “It looks like a huge cloud,” Flash Magnus said. They suddenly saw a clear view of a huge wildly dark stormy and foggy cloud with huge winds and lightning and thunder inside, as it was heading towards them slowly. “STORM FOG AT 12 O’CLOCK!” Flash Magnus exclaimed, as they all looked behind and saw the storm getting closer.

“Okay, didn’t see that one coming,” Sunset said. “That’s not good,” Starlight said.

“Can I make a suggestion?” Pinkie Pie asked, until they all nodded for permission. “RUUUUN!” She then zipped on ahead on high speed as the wind started to softly blow on them all.

“Good idea! Everypony, run!” Twilight said, as the storm started to increase while they kept running from the evil storm cloud as fast as they could.

They ran past the tumbling boulders, waving dead trees, and incoming dirt clouds from the ground. While they continued running, the wind started getting closer and was blowing really strongly hard, until Thomas started to lose his balance, he grabbed onto her tail, until he got blown towards a tree and held onto to it. “HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Thomas then finally got blown into the wind when the tree started to break down during every shake and crack, until it snapped and got sucked into the vortex full of tornadoes. “MOMMY, HELP ME!!!” he called out as he was heading into the fog.

“THOMAS!!” Fluttershy called back. Somnambula spread out her wings and kneeled down, “Stay here! I’ll save him!”

She then galloped, flapped her wings steadily and then jumped with a balanced pounce and took off into the air like a speeding bullet and flew towards the little boy that was about to get sucked into the vortex of the storm cloud. Thomas grabbed hold onto a boulder that suddenly broke down into chunks by another boulder, while the wind was too strong for him to find a suitable holding hand. He was about to be crushed into a blood and skeleton stained pancake by two more boulders as he closed his eyes and held onto his life, until he suddenly felt two hooves grabbing him gently and pulling him closer towards somepony’s chest in a bridal cradle, and pulling him away from the storm. Thomas then opened his eyes and saw that Somnambula saved him.

“Don’t worry, sweetheart,” she said, as she nuzzled him gently for comfort. “I’ve got you. You’re safe now.” Thomas nodded, “Thank you.” He then hugged her neck as Somnambula continued to hold him while he whimpered.

Somnambula flew back to the group with Thomas still in her hooves as the storm cloud continued to get more stronger as more wind was trying to suck them into its vortex. Starswirl stood towards the storm and created a magical force field around them for protection, “It should protect us, but not for long if we are to stay alive.” Twilight and the others nodded, as Starlight, Sunburst and Twilight gave it a little more juice with their magic.

The storm became more stronger and got closer towards the group until Thomas began to shake in Somnambula’s hooves.

“Everypony hold on!” Twilight exclaimed as the storm got closer towards them all and then they were inside the vortex, until the tornadoes passed through without leaving a scratch on the shield. When it was all over, the storm passed away from them and then Starswirl, Starlight, Sunburst and Twilight turned off the force field surrounding them and the others.

Somnambula looked at the child in her hooves and nuzzled him, “Wake up, little one. It’s all over.” Thomas opened his eyes and removed himself from her chest fur and saw that the storm was over.

“Thomas? Baby, are you alright?” Fluttershy asked in worry. Thomas nodded, “Yes, Momma.”

“I believe this is your child, friend Fluttershy,” Somnambula said, as she gently placed the boy in Fluttershy’s hooves and then Fluttershy held him against her chest for a hug to comfort him as he curled himself against her soft and warm fur and pressed his cheek on her neck. “Shhhhhh... I’m here. I’m here,” she whispered softly into his ear as he was shaking in fear. After Thomas was calm and relaxed, Fluttershy gave him a kiss on the top of his head, and then helped put him on her back and then they all continued to The Hollow Shades.