• Published 17th Jan 2021
  • 2,960 Views, 99 Comments

What makes a Hero? - Quillion9000



Goten starts to feel down since he doesn't seem to live up to his idols, but he will get his chance in the land of Equestria. This land needs a hero, but if he can't understand what that really means, the land will fall.

  • ...
6
 99
 2,960

Visiting the Sisters

Everfree Forest, Night…
The female who had observed Goten and the ponies the day Nightmare Moon was defeated walked through the forest. Any creature she came across fled in the other direction and sentient fauna stayed where it was. This made for a rather serene walk.

She eventually stopped in an overgrown clearing. Here, the woman summoned staffs from her pocket dimensions before and embedding them in the ground in a huge circle. Once every staff was in place, she clapped her hands together making them glow white.

The staffs resonated causing the overgrowth to vanish. All that was left was a large, circular platform made of metal. The woman walked onto the platform, and it glowed with white light. The woman turned into white particles which shot straight to the moon.

Inside the Moon: Castle of Nightmare
A shadow shaped like an earth pony mare stood before a large bowl on the ground in her thrown room. The only other distinguishing feature to her were completely yellow eyes. In her bowl, she was watching Princess Luna before it shifted to the Mane 6 and Goten.

Suddenly, a black as night stallion pegasus, in light black armor, burst into the room. His irises were the same yellow as the shadow pony before him. Unlike the shadow pony, he had a cutie mark which was a dull white sword crossed over a matching shield.

“Lady Nightmare, The Warp has been activated, and something is on their way here.” The pegasus declared.

“I should have been alerted earlier than this of something using The Warp. Especially since it takes a great deal of power to use. It shouldn’t even be of use until the new moon. Interesting.” Nightmare looked at the armored pony.

“Noble Shield, take up a defensive position in front of the throne room. There’s nothing in the moon worth coming for save me. I’ll keep tabs on this creature. If it’s strong, I may have a new relationship.”

Noble bowed. “As you wish my liege.”

The guard closed the doors, and Nightmare turned her attention back to the black liquid. It glowed before displaying the warp that was within the moon.

Inside the Moon: The Warp
The woman appeared on a warp at the far edge of the moon within a wasteland. It was gray rocks, purple mist, and dull darkness. She stepped off the warp causing the darkness to swirl and threaten to overtake her.

“Blazing Protection.” The woman declared.

An immediate circle of fire appeared below her, but it never once burned the ground. In fact, it revitalized it while keeping the darkness back. The young woman paid this no mind as she started walking. As she moved, the land behind her reverted to wasteland.

She entered a city in ruins where black coated pegasi, unicorns, and earth ponies, with yellow eyes, moved to attack her. The fire protected her causing any pony who touched it to recoil in pain. The young woman entered a desolate castle in the center of the city.

Inside the Castle
The young woman walked through the castle, and as she moved through the halls, she noticed dark ponies in guard attire; however, they made no move to approach. Eventually, she climbed some stairs and entered a large hall with two, large doors at the end guarded by Noble.

“You must be Noble.” The woman nodded. “Head guard to Nightmare and master of Dark Magic, correct?”

“It seems there is a disparity in knowledge for you know my name, yet I do not know yours.” Noble stated. “Who are you?”

The woman removed her mask to reveal a face much like Bulma’s; however, the features of Vegeta were present. Her eyes were blue.

“My name is Bulla.” She began removing her outward attire to reveal black pants with matching combat boots and a dark pink tank top. “Anything else is unimportant.”

“Fair enough.” Noble stated. “Once I bring you in, you’ll answer anything we ask.”

In response, Bulla vanished from the guard’s sight, came up behind him, and chopped him in the neck knocking the head guard out. “Nothing personal.”

Her hair turned golden and spiked up while her eyes turned teal as she entered Super Saiyan.

Throne Room
Bulla walked into the room only to be accosted by Nightmare. “You will make a superb host.”

“Blazing Protection!” Bulla declared.

The fire raged around Bulla and dispelled the darkness before it ever touched her. “You’re quite hasty to obtain a body; however, haste leads to mistakes.” She cupped her hands and held them out towards Nightmare. “Gale Vortex!”

A funnel of wind shot forward surrounding Nightmare making her scream in agony as her body was burned. The attack launched the shadow mare into the wall of the decaying castle before she fell to the ground.

“It’s only natural that disharmonious elements would be particularly susceptible to me since I tend to use harmonious energy a fair bit.” Bulla clasped her hands together. “Water Cage!”

Water shot up below Nightmare trapping her, and she burned if she touched the bars. “You look like that monkey, yet this is not just Ki.” The mare looked at her. “What are you?”

“I am a Half-Saiyan just like him.” Bulla walked over to the throne and shattered it with a punch. “Thought that might be obvious, but you must have had your memory scrambled a bit after being kicked from Princess Luna.”

She held out her hand causing a white sphere to appear around whatever was inside. “Consider yourself fortunate Nightmare. If you were not key moving forward, I’d wipe you out.” The sphere emerged and inside there was a black blade.

“The Blade of Cruelty!?” Nightmare questioned shocked. “One of the Elements of Disharmony was in my throne?”

“That is the case.” Bulla started to walk away. “Anyways, I’ll be taking my leave.” She just knew the mare was about to speak and what she would say. “Sorry, but I’m not interested in whatever you’re selling. I have my own path to walk.”

Canterlot: Day…
Spike and Goten had been summoned to Canterlot for royal business; however, the separate letters they got led them to believe they would end up being here for different reasons. Soon, their train pulled into Canterlot Station, and the two of them exited with their luggage.

The young Half-Saiyan noticed that his dragon friend seemed rather thoughtful. “Hey Spike, what’s been on your mind all this time?”

"Well, I've been called in on royal business before; however, this time I got a feeling that something is going to happen.” Spike shook his head. “It’s something I can’t shake.”

Bardock appeared shocking the ponies around them. “I concur with Spike’s feeling. Something is off.”

"If you’re both feeling it, I guess I’ll keep my eyes peeled.” Goten put his hands behind his head. “Maybe it has to do with Princess Luna returning? Lately, I’ve been getting this weird vibe from the night.”

“Strange since I notice nothing abnormal.” Bardock tried to sense deeper into Goten’s Ki. “Interesting.” He found something. “I can sense the smallest embers of the Great Ape, but he doesn’t have a tail. Could this be an effect of the magic on him?”

Canterlot Castle
Goten and Spike walked into the castle and were greeted by Celestia who they bowed to.

"I'm glad you could make it Goten and Spike.” Celestia nodded gratefully. “Spike, a great deal of paperwork has come in, and it requires immediate action. As such, I need your help. Goten, what I have called you here for could affect all of Equestria."

"If I can be of help, I’ll do whatever you need." Goten stated.

“I am glad to hear that.” Celestia smiled. "I’m not sure how well you will take my request, but I would like for you to watch over my sister."

"You want me to look after Princess Luna?" Goten questioned.

It’s not that he was unwilling. If there’s anything most of his dad’s friends proved, it was the fact that you had to give them the chance to change. Still, it was surprising to receive such a task when he wasn’t all that old. He kind of liked having people trust him with tasks like this.

"Unfortunately, I have not been there for my sister like I’d have wanted. Between my duties and helping her recover physically and mentally, I haven’t had the time to help her emotionally. Goten, for me, watch over her.”

Goten nodded. “I promise to do my best in looking after Princess Luna."

"Thank you.” Celestia stated. “It means a lot that you would be willing to help my sister. I need her safe now more than ever and ready to take full control of our nights." She walked away with Spike. “I believe I am leaving her in capable hands.”

Luna’s Room
Goten walked on over to Luna’s room and knocked on the door. It opened without Luna saying anything, but the Half-Saiyan had heard the distinctive click. He assumed it was alright to enter, but when he did, he found that it was rather dark.

Goten even commented on it. “Man, it is dark in here.”

“Could it be you?” Luna’s voice spoke out through the darkness. "Do thine ears deceive us or is that Goten?

"Uh, yeah I came to visit Princess Celestia, and she sent me to you.” Goten stated into the darkness.

Suddenly, there was light illuminating a dark blue room as well as Princess Luna exactly as she had been after being freed from her darkness. "So, my sister sent you here to look after me while she attends to her royal duties. I am not surprised, and it makes sense.”

Luna got closer to Goten and began examining him. “Princess Luna, I don’t mean to be rude, but what are you doing?”

Luna was examining him from every angle. "We wish to get a good look at of you."

Once she was done, the smaller alicorn gave him a serious expression. It may not have come close to the looks Nightmare Moon had given him, but they did raise some concern to the forefront of his mind.

"Goten, show me your power again.” Princess Luna ordered.

"You mean as in right now?" Goten asked.

“Did we stutter?” Luna raised her voice at him. "Show us your power, or we shall make you!"

"Princess Luna, I don’t really…" Goten began only for Luna to turn around and buck him right out the door into the wall beyond.

Luna charged out of the room as Bardock appeared in the doorway. “I could stop this, but I am curious what she’s up to.”

Goten recovered and stopped Luna with a hand. “Princess what are you doing?!"

"We want to experience your power again!” Luna declared. “We must know the limits of our strength, and you are the one who can test us!"

Luna fired a beam of magic at Goten, but he tanked it as not to let her damage the castle. “I don’t want to seriously harm Luna. I could just knock her out, but if she’s dead set on this, I might as well give her a fight where she can better stretch her power.”

Once the magic dissipated, Goten threw open a window and flew out prompting Luna to follow.

Once outside, the Half-Saiyan noticed a full moon in the sky. “Celestia must have…”

His train of thought stopped as his eyes became yellow.

“This is not good.” Bardock thought. “According to every vision I saw throughout my life, only Broly should have this power. Then again, I suppose every Saiyan and Half-Saiyan should be capable of it as well… in theory.”

Luna stood across from the Half-Saiyan noting the changes, but unsure what it meant since it looked little like how Bardock went Great Ape. "I will say that this is a better battlefield than…” She stopped as Goten’s chest expanded and retracted with quick paced breathing. “Hm, what is going on? He has no tail, yet his power is increasing like with the Great Ape Form.”

Goten’s pupils returned, his hair became wilder, and he let loose a powerful yell of rage.

Bardock flew to Luna’s side surprising the princess of the night since she hadn’t known he appeared. “Luna, listen to me.” He looked at her. “I’m not sure how he’s done it, but Goten’s gone Great Ape while maintaining his human form. Keep him busy while I get Celestia.”

“Essentially, he is a human sized Great Ape.” Luna flinched at that. “I may have had no idea this was possible, but regardless, I must be the princess my people need.”

Luna charged magic to her horn. “Barrier!”

A dark blue barrier encompassed the castle. Luna had no idea how her spell would hold up against Goten, but it was a safety measure. One that wouldn’t likely come into play until Goten was done potentially destroying what was before him.

She wouldn’t let that happen unless he went through her. She would protect the castle, her people, and Goten from making an irreversible mistake. The Half-Saiyan glared at Luna and used his increased speed to appear before her. He was charging Ki in his mouth.

Luna knew she wouldn’t be fast enough to dodge, so she threw up a shield. Just before Goten fired, a purple shield was thrown up around the princess’ shield adding further protection. When the blast hit, she was pushed back, and the purple shield shattered.

Thanks to it weakening the blast, Luna’s shield was able to hold, if just barley, as it cracked in several places. Luna looked in the direction the magic came from and saw Shining Armor who now came to stand before the princess protectively.

Before he could speak, Goten vanished from their sight using his immense speed to seemingly appear before Shining Armor. He grabbed the unicorn by the horn and threw him into a nearby wall before advancing on Luna whose horn was glowing.

Just as Goten punched forward, Luna teleported behind him. “Night Cannon!”

A blast, weaker than the one Nightmare Moon used, was shot at Goten. He took the attack, without flinching, before turning and running at Luna.

“Binding Chains!” Shining declared.

The captain had gotten behind the enraged champion and cast out purple chains which ensnared his wrists, ankles, and neck.

Shining began struggling to hold Goten in place. “Princess Luna, the enemy is strong, so you must flee. I will hold him off for as long as…”

“I can’t do that Shining.” Luna interrupted. “This is no mere enemy, but the Champion of Equestria. He’s not in his right mind.” Goten yelled as he continued to push against the chains slowly moving towards the alicorn. “He is compelled by forces outside of his control.”

“The Champion…” Shining remembered not only hearing about him from Celestia, but also letters from Twilight about him. “So, he’s the one who had Nightmare Moon beat in combat. I had wondered how he could do that, but now…”

Goten eventually realized he needed to attack the one holding him in place, so the Half-Saiyan charged back at Shining delivering a powerful punch that broke the unicorns hold. He once again grabbed the horn only to slam the unicorn into the ground.

Shining was only slammed once before Luna used her magic to pull him towards her and out of Goten’s grasp. The Half-Saiyan turned on her preparing to charge his opponents. Then, Celestia flew overhead charging yellow magic to her horn.

“Celestial Wave!” Celestia declared.

A larger, stronger wave of magic shot straight down at Goten fast. It slammed into the Half-Saiyan knocking him into the ground hard. If he had been a Super Saiyan, this fight would have continued beyond this point.

Currently, he was using the power of the Great Ape meaning this impact was enough to knock him out. Luna moved to the young man’s side feeling more guilt at what she had done. Sure, he might have transformed like this anyways, but she caused it.

“I can’t believe I did this.” Luna felt for a pulse, and it was going strong. “My only solace is the fact that you aren’t hurt that badly.” Regardless of how badly he may have been hurt, she applied her magic to heal him. “I’ll have you fixed up in a jiffy.”

Celestia landed nearby while Shining cautiously approached.

From his place face down on the ground, Goten’s eyes snapped open with a gasp. “What happened?"

Before he could get up, Bardock was next to him. “Do not get up, close your eyes, and wait until I tell you to open them.”

‘Okay!” Goten immediately did as he was told by his guide while not understanding why he received such orders. “Seriously, what’s going on!?”

“I’ll tell you once we’re safe.” Bardock stated. “What I want you to do is keep your eyes shut for safety, stand up, and you are not to look anywhere near the night sky. Do you understand?”

“Yeah.” Goten stated.

He did as he was told.

“Shining, help Bardock get Goten to his room.” Celestia looked at him. “He is still our guest but make absolutely sure not an ounce of moonlight can stream in through the windows.”

“Understood ma’am.” Shining approached Goten. “Champion Goten, stick out your hand and put it on my back. I shall lead you to your room.”

Goten was still confused, but he did as he was told letting the unicorn lead him.

Celestia approached Luna and spoke rather sternly. “Little Sister, what happened?"

"We had no idea the moon would bring about a human Great Ape dear sister, but it is thine own fault.” She looked away. “We have been feeling rather frustrated with the lack of progress in regaining our strength. I thought fighting the one who pushed me as the Nightmare would help. We ended up taking the Half-Saiyan outside where he saw the moon, and this was the result.”

"I believe you are telling the truth; however, these are not the same times we once lived in Luna.” Celestia reprimanded. “You cannot challenge anyone you want in this way. Now, I won’t hold Goten’s transformation against you, but I believe you owe him an apology tomorrow.”

“Yes, sister.” Luna nodded. “We shall apologize.”

“Good.” Celestia looked at her sister with a frown. “In the future, do not let things like this fester to such a degree. I am here for you sister, and no matter how busy I may be, you can talk to me. I promise your powers will return.”

Goten’s Room
After escorting Goteb back to his room, Shining made sure not a spec of moonlight could get in. once he was gone Bardock had the Half-Saiyan open his eyes. The guide then explained everything which had transpired.

“I used the Great Ape form while I was still the same size?” Goten asked shocked.

He had heard tales of the Great Ape form, but he was told that Trunks and he were born without a tail. As such, even when he began training with Bardock, he never brought it up. Another reason behind this was the fact that Super Saiyan was stronger anyways.

“I won’t tell you how I know the name, but it is the Wrathful Form.” Bardock explained. “I was unaware that a Half-Saiyan could have it, but I theorize this is the result of the magic in the air. You were born without a tail, so the power of the Great Ape materialized another way. One day, Wrathful may be your key to enter other forms stronger than Super Saiyan 3.”

“A form stronger than Super Saiyan 3!” Goten was excited. “Can I enter it now!”

“I said one day Goten.” Bardock stated. “You must first master Wrathful Form. That is something we will work on when returning to Ponyville. Once you have that mastered, we will work as we have. Training your base and ascending into other forms.

“I understand.” Goten declared firmly. “I want strength that can make my brother and father proud, so I will trust in you.”

“Good.” Bardock nodded. “Now, get some rest.”

Morning…
Goten was ready to embrace the day when he heard someone knocking at his door. “Who is it?”

“It’s princess Luna.” Luna stated. “We are not here to fight and just want to talk.”

Goten was uncertain, but he decided to open the door. “Hey Princess Luna.”

“Hello Goten.” Luna stated. “Are you feeling okay today?”

“Perfectly fine.” Goten nodded liking that she didn’t seem ready for a fight, “I think even without your healing magic, I’d be fine, but thanks anyways. Because of it, I was able to learn more about a new power.”

“I see.” Luna nodded. “Goten, I’m sorry about last night. I’m not expecting to be on the level of Nightmare Moon, but I wanted my original power back. Ever since I’ve returned, I’ve been stuck looking like this. An indication that my full power hasn’t returned.

When you came to me last night, I thought you’d be the one to bring my power back. You were a challenge and Bardock used to say that my potential was that which could break limits. Again, I’m sorry.”

“Apology accepted.” Goten stated simply.

“You forgive us that easily?” Luna asked.

“Of course, I do.” Goten gave her a beaming smile. “We’re friends after all, right?”

“Friends?” Luna questioned. “You would consider someone like us a friend after all we did?”

“I don’t see why we can’t be friends.” Goten stated. “I mean, you seem like you could use one, and one day your strength will return. Then, we can train together. Beyond that, we can just hang out and have fun like friends should.”

“You are a strange creature Goten, but one that we would be honored to call friend.” Luna nodded. “I promise to be a better friend from now on.”

Later that night, Goten went to see Luna again. With his support, the Princess of the Night rose the moon without a problem. The Half-Saiyan just knew she would no longer have problems with it moving forward.

After the moon rose, Goten spent a few hours with his new friend. They played some games and joked around a bit. Soon, it was time for Goten to head off to bed, but not before telling his friend that he planned on keeping in touch.

Castle: Morning…
Goten had met Spike in the dining room for breakfast, and as they ate, the dragon looked at his friend. “Hey Goten, I haven’t really gotten a chance to talk with you, but I was wondering if you knew why the guards were in a tizzy the night before last?

“How do I explain this?” Goten scratched his check. "Luna and I started on the road to becoming friends, and it got a little heated. Everything’s fine now, and we’ve become friends. I’m planning on writing her letters, so she knows someone is behind her.”

“You are one strange being Goten.” Spike stated. “I mean, I feel like if I were in your place, I could eventually forgive Luna for what she did as Nightmare, but I certainly don’t think I could have done it this soon.”

“I grew up on stories of a rather forgiving father.” Goten stated simply.

After finishing breakfast, Shining Armor entered the dining room and approached Goten. “Champion Goten, Princess Celestia asks for your presence in the throne room.”

“Right, I’m coming.” He jumped out of the chair and waved to Spike. “Good luck with the rest of your work Spike.”

Hallways
“So, you’re Twilight’s brother.” Goten walked alongside Shining Armor. “She speaks about you often.”

“Glad to hear that.” Shinning nodded. “She’s written about you, and it’s positive. Very unlike how you were that night.”

“Sorry about that.” Goten chuckled. “That night had some strange circumstances to it, but I’ll train to master that power. There’s no way I’m going to let it endanger my friends.”

“I’m glad to hear that.” Shining stated as they approached the throne room. “Before I leave you, I just wanted to say thanks for looking out for my little sister. It means a lot.”

“No problem.” Goten nodded. “Twilight’s my friend, so I’ll be there for her.”

Shining nodded before walking off.

Celestia’s Throne Room, Midday…
Goten entered the throne room and approached Celestia who stood from her seat. “Glad you could join me Goten.”

Goten knelt before her respectfully. “Of course, princess.”

“Please, rise Goten.” Celestia smiled. “After what you have done for my sister, and given what your tittle is, you need not bow to royalty again.” He stood. “Before I begin, I’d like to say how much I appreciate your hard work and effort.”

"I would be lying if I said there weren’t problems, clearly, but I won’t shy away from them.” Goten nodded. “I was chosen to be here for a reason, and I will embrace that. In the end, everything worked out well anyways.”

“It seems you are adjusting well to your role as Champion of Equestria.” Celestia approached him. “That is why I would like to shed some light on the history of Champions before Bardock.”

“There have been other Champions besides Bardock and I?” Goten inquired.

“Of course, there have.” Bardock appeared with his arms crossed. “To my knowledge, you are the fourth which means there are three before you who have held the title.”

“Oh, so that must mean you’ve had your own guide, right?” Goten questioned.

“In a sense; however, my guide was not the previous champion, but the one before him.” Bardock explained. “The Super Saiyan God of legend, Yamoshi. His offspring, Shallot, seems to have been lost to time alongside the ponies he once fought with.”

“That’s really cool.” Goten stated amazed. “What does Super Saiyan God mean?” He became excited. “Is that another form I can access? Is it strong?”

“Once again, we’ll get to that… eventually.” Bardock shook his head. “I’ll explain when the time comes. For now, listen to Sun Butt.”

“Old friend, I have missed that attitude of yours.” Celestia laughed. “It is truly a refreshing breathe of fresh air.” She moved to stand next to the duo. “Right now, we shall be taking a little trip.” Her horn glowed. “I wish to show you a little something from a time before Equestria.

Celestia teleported the group out of the throne room.

???
Goten and Celestia appeared in a room made of quartz with a sealed door leading to who knew where. Three of the walls had been inscribed with different races while the fourth depicted Yamoshi who bore a striking resemblance to Vegeta.

The three races were Alicorns, Dragons, and Draconequui. Each race or being was depicted with another image. Alicorns had the land, Dragons had what looked like spaceships, Draconequui were depicted with both, and Yamoshi had a portal like the one which brought Goten here.

Goten looked at everything in amazement. “What is this place?”

“This is the only place I’ve been able to find from a time before Equestria. From a land that was once Luna and I’s former home. It was also once an adopted land of the dragons, where Draconequui were born, and all that Yamoshi protected as you do now.” Celestia stated.

Goten looked at her as his curiosity was at its peak. “What do you mean?”

“Long ago, all land on Equuis was one.” Celestia explained. “We called it Concordia, and it was home to one, sentient race. Alicorns. We were a civilization of beings who controlled every aspect of the world from rising the moon and sun to the weather.

The previous generation would pass their roles onto the younger generation. We were also dead set on expanding our ever-growing civilization into lands teaming with powerful beasts. Given our magic, strength, speed, and flight, we were more than up to the task.

Around the time I was a young filly, we were visited by a race from beyond the stars. Dragons from the planet Zaka Chagg. They are a far cry from there decedents which exist here today. The dragons were quadrupedal reptiles which stood between twenty-five and thirty feet tall.

They came in various shapes and colors but generally had long necks, tails, and large wingspans as well as orange or yellow eyes. They were a race of cartographers mapping out the system and were an extremely friendly race.

Both races felt like they could learn from each other, and a sizable group of them came to call our land home. With their help, cultivating lands beyond our kingdom’s boarders became easier. Our races became closer spawning hybrid children in the Draconequus.

A being which represented a new age for both races, and birthed new forces they alone could reign over. To understand what I’m going to tell you next, you must understand what Alicorns valued. We were a race that believed in the balance between Chaos and Harmony.

In light there is darkness and in darkness there is light. No one aspect was valued over the other, and we were always encouraged to embrace both. Unfortunately, a certain Alicorn did not see things this way. Majesty. She was a prodigy among our species.

Other Alicorns, Dragons, and Draconequui could not match her. Those that would stand a chance, were those she dealt with quickly before launching her master plan. The eradication ofall Chaos for she believed in absolute Harmony.

Anyone who embraced any form of Chaos was deemed an enemy of true Harmony. She would have had her way if not for the First Champion, Yamoshi. He was also known as the Champion of Balance. He appeared from a portal in our time of need bearing a green element.

After learning all that Majesty had done, this righteous warrior could not condone her actions. Their fight was a sight to behold and ended with both exhausted; however, it was enough. Our strongest remaining Alicorns and Draconequui banded together to cast a petrification spell.

She was sealed away in stone for her crimes. For a few years after, Yamoshi, who couldn’t return home, stayed to aid us further. With Yamoshi training us to further heights, all of Concordia was explored. We thought we were heading for a golden age, but we were wrong.

An ancient race of beings known as the Wendigo appeared freezing the land and draining our power quickly. Our expansion into other lands had fostered great hatred in all other inhabitants drawing these creatures out. Not even Yamoshi could stop them.

In the end, it was decided that the children of leaders, Myself and Luna, would be sent forward in time as far as the remaining, combined magic of all races would allow.” Celestia sighed. “That is all I wish to share with you today Goten, but there will be more in time.”

“So, you’re telling me that Spike is technically an alien like my father and Bardock?” Goten asked. “Have you had any contact with dragons not of Equuis?”

“By this point, they are natives just as much as any other race.” Celestia stated. “Unfortunately, no Dragon from beyond the stars has visited to my knowledge. It is possible that the Wendigos created enough of a world ending event to mark this planet as inhospitable.”

“Yamoshi was known as the Champion of Balance, but I’m known as the Champion of Equestria.” Goten began. “Does every Champion get a different tittle?”

“In time, you may garner a different tittle form Bardock, but for now you took over his tittle. As you said, Yamoshi was the Champion of Balance. His son, who fought alongside my mentor and others, was knowns as the Champion of Harmony.”

“How many know the truth of the past?” Goten asked.

“At this time, myself, Bardock, Luna, you, and another I will not go into.” Celestia looked at the room. “Perhaps one day others will know. For now, could you imagine how my subjects and beyond would take this information? It is best to await the day it must be or can be shared.”

“If your people accepted balance, then why do you hold true to Harmony today?” Goten asked.

“It is likely you will learn why from other resources but trust me when I say that Harmony seems to have kept the Wendigos at bay where those of the past failed.” Celestia looked at the remnants of the past. “In the end, I am not as opposed to Chaos as most would think.”

“You and Luna are the only Alicorns left from your time?” Goten asked.

“I have yet to meet another.” Celestia smiled. “That’s not to say others cannot be created. It was a gift my people left me. Well before you came, I had adopted a niece who proved herself worthy to become an Alicorn. One day, she will learn the truth as well.”

“I see.” Goten nodded. “I think that is all the questions I have.”

Celestia put a wing around him. “In time, I will share more of my past with you as my past is one connected to all previous champions at one point or another.” She smiled. “I will say this. It has been an honor to meet any champion. You included.”

Goten smiled. “I think it’s about time Spike and I get back to Ponyville.”

“Yes, I believe it is.” Celestia agreed.

She teleported them out of the room.

Author's Note:

I'm not only going to cover changes to canon here guys. I want to attempt to inject my own thoughts into this and hopefully come up with something fun in the end. So, we'll be covering the Nightmare Rarity Arc, but I got a twist to that coming.

Beyond that, there is an older Bulla around gathering the Elements of Disharmony, Luna is still in that form we saw her in after the defeat of Nightmare Moon, and I gave history to the Alicorns, Dragons, Draconequus, and the Champion.

On that note, it may take awhile to get there, but eventually Goten and his friends will adventure into Universe 6's other planets. Zaka Chagg, Sadala, and more will be explored to some capacity beyond stories.

On that note, if any of you have planets you want to see and OC's you want introduced, with some planets that's all they'd be, feel free to do so. I have interesting things planned, but it will take a while to get there as there needs to be a base present.