• Published 30th Jan 2021
  • 3,511 Views, 109 Comments

Sealed by a Minute - Revanius



Sunset was defeated and wants to reform but it's time for Twilight and Spike to return to Equestria, except when they try the portal is sealed leaving the two trapped in the human world, possible forever

  • ...
5
 109
 3,511

Chapter 6: The Mall Part 3

Rainbow Dash stood, open-mouthed, as Sunset fidgeted slightly on her crutches while Pinkie Pie's eyes darted from one to the other, a slightly confused look on her face. Of course Pinkie Pie figured me out. And of course she goes and blabs about it in front of Rainbow Dash. How in Equestria did she even figure it out? Sunset thought, she knew there had been a chance after all the magic and her demon self's plan to invade Equestria, but she had hoped it would take longer than a day for someone to realize.

"So, you're an alien horse as well huh?" Rainbow finally asked.

"Pony actually, we don't really call ourselves horses over there, though some stallions with some ego problems will," Sunset explained.

"Yeah not the issue right now," Rainbow rolled her eyes. "So I guess that's how you knew about Twilight's crown. So you're the same as her."

That caused Sunset to look down. "No we're not, she's nothing like me, we're not even the same species back in Equestria. Anyway, can you two not tell the others about this yet, Twilight and Spike are the only other two that know and I want to keep it that way for a while."

"Why?" Pinkie Pie asked. "If you tell everyone then they'll know and we can all be closer together and you won't have to hold your secrets from us."

"It just isn't important right now, I'll tell the story once Twilight has a way home okay, just put it aside for now please."

A beep on Rainbow's phone stopped them from answering. "Just got a text from Fluttershy, they said they finished shopping and are waiting for us at the food court."

"Ooohhh let's go, I want pizza!" Pinkie Pie zipped away racing out of the arcade.

"So, besides the whole, your a pony from another dimension reveal how was your first game," Rainbow asked as they started making their way to the food court.

"You know, that was a lot more fun than I thought it would be," Sunset said as she hopped alongside the two.

Rainbow gave her a jab to the arm. "Told ya, just you wait Applejack and me, we'll make a gamer out of you in no time!"

***

"Hey Rainbow Dash! Pinkie Pie! Over here!" Applejack hollered to them as they entered the food court, standing up by a table near the back, next to her were Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy. Sunset also saw several bags by Twilight's legs.

"We'll be right there!" Rainbow shouted back before turning to Pinkie Pie and Sunset. "Come on, let's grab some pizza and soda." When the three arrived at the table, Fluttershy and Rarity were already eating while Twilight sucked on a milkshake, Applejack smiled as they sat down, Sunset ended up between Twilight and Rainbow Dash while Pinkie Pie sat across from Applejack.

"So, ya three have fun?" She asked.

"Heh, you could say that," Rainbow answered. "Turns out Sunset here has a bit of a gamer in her." She nudged Sunset. Sunset noticed Rarity roll her eyes at Rainbow's words but her attention turned when Twilight set her milkshake down.

"Well it's nice to hear you're already forming a new hobby Sunset," She said. "But if it's okay with everyone I wanted to talk about the plan for the portal."

"You already have something in mind?" Rarity asked.

"Yes, I believe that the portal could be weaker on this side than it is in my world. The portal has kept the magic from my world separate from here but something holding that much back would have a weakness. As there was originally no magic in this world so this side should be the weak point. With the crown giving me access to my power I might be able to force the portal to open long enough for me and Spike to return to our own world."

"Ah guess that could work." Applejack scratched the back of her head. "But what if it doesn't?"

"Then we try joining out power and unleashing it together like we did to defeat Sunset." Sunset flinched slightly at Twilight's words though Twilight carried on without noticing. "I would like to avoid using that too much if possible, that much power can be very destructive and I don't want to tear a hole between our worlds."

At that Rarity gave a very unladylike cough as she tried to swallow her food. "That could happen?"

Twilight shrugged. "I don't know, nothing like this has ever happened before as far as I know, everything I've said is more theory than fact. For all, I know all we could end up doing is blow up the statue."

"I wonder what Principal Celestia would do if it was destroyed?" Pinkie Pie wondered allowed. "Maybe she'd replace it with a unicorn, ooh, or a giant cupcake!"

Rainbow raised an eye. "How would a giant cupcake make sense?"

Pinkie Pie shrugged. "I dunno, but it'd look delicious!"

"Ahem," Rarity coughed. "If we could get back to Twilight getting home. I was wondering, what will you do if this does not work?"

Twilight looked down. "I'd rather not think about that right now if that's okay, I'll cross that bridge if or when I need to."

Sunset shifted slightly in her seat, a thought coming to her, a possible idea that just might help Twilight get home, but it was a long shot and she didn't want to bring it up in front of everyone. Not when it had such a high chance of failure, no, she'd bring it up the next time she and Twilight were alone. Besides there was a chance it wouldn't matter to anyone, best just to keep quiet and stay out of the way. She nibbled on her pizza while the friends continued their conversation, her wandering eyes, drifting over to Fluttershy, who hadn't added anything to the conversation.

Fluttershy's eyes widened slightly when they met Sunset's, Sunset tried to give a small smile but the quiet girl's shot back down and she scooched just a bit closer to Rarity.Yep, that makes sense. Sunset thought shaking her head, honestly, she was just glad Fluttershy hadn't burst into tears or run away yet, she had a feeling that would be worse than any anger from Fluttershy.

"So besides clothes, did you three do anything in the mall?" Rainbow asked bringing Sunset's focus back to the group. Applejack grunted, tilting her hat over her eyes.

"Does shoe shopping count?" Rarity held up a smaller bag.

"Unless they're soccer shoes, no."

"Well they are nothing as plain as soccer shoes, but they are fit for casual wear."

"Hope Applejack didn't pick them out or Twilight will be wearing cowboy boots." Rainbow joked getting a laugh out of Pinkie Pie.

"Hey!" Applejack sat up. "Ah'll have ya know Ah put some thought to other people's style."

"So did you try to take Twilight to Happy Horseman's Ranch Wear because you thought that was Twilight's style?" Rarity question, tilting her head with a smirk.

Applejack pulled her hat down again though Sunset could still see the hint of a blush on the farm girl's face. "Well, at least Ah didn't dress her up like she goin' ta the Canterlot Grand Ball."

"Ugh! Don't you think that is a bit of an exaggeration Applejack?!"

Now Applejack was the one smirking. "Coulda fooled me. Ah was half 'specting another limo to show up for her."

"Um, girls I think you should stop," Twilight interjected. "Or at least move so Fluttershy's not in the middle." Rarity and Applejack looked down where Fluttershy had her head on the table and hands over her ears. They quickly muttered apologies and sat back down.

"Ha! These two never change you know Twilight." Rainbow commented, leaning back in her chair. "They were like this two years ago, it's like just kiss already!"

Rarity's face went beat red. "What! We-we would never!!!"

"Yeah, dat's just silly RD!"

"I dunno, seems right to me," Pinkie Pie giggled, fist-pumping Rainbow.

Twilight leaned over to Sunset. "It's uncanny, they're so much like my friends back home, though maybe a little..."

"Immature." Sunset offered, Not sure if I'm one to talk though..

"I was going to say hormonal but I guess that works too." Twilight took a slurp from her shake then frowned shaking it, "Aw it melted."

Rarity stood up. "I'll take you to get a refill darling, I could go for another juice myself."

As the two got up Sunset was now pretty much next to Fluttershy who again looked away from her and this time scotched up close to Applejack. "Oh, and Twilight, I want to assure you again that you will always have a room at my house, mother and father are very accommodating when they are around that is." Rarity said.

"Thanks, Rarity that is very thoughtful of uff!" Twilight grunted as she ran into someone, as she fell backward her melted milkshake flew backward out of her hands. Sunset had just enough time to realize it was coming at her before it flew into her face.

Meanwhile, Twilight was saved from falling on her back when the person she ran into reached out grabbing her hand and pulling her back to her feet. "Sorry! Didn't see you there, Twilight!" Flash Sentry exclaimed realizing who he caught. "I thought you went home."

"Hehe, w-well you see I just decided to stick around a little longer." Twilight giggled tucking her hair behind her head. "It's nice to see you again Flash."

"You too, actually I wanted to ask you something."

"Really what?"

"Well, you see... I was wondering if maybe, that is if your available you'd want to..."

"Oh my," Fluttershy said.

"Yeah I get it, way too, oh," Flash looked over Twilight's shoulder then cringed.

"What?" Twilight asked, turning around and gasped at what she saw. Sunset's face, hair, and top were drenched in a mix of melted chocolate and vanilla milkshake. "Sunset I didn't mean..."

Sunset was shaking visible, her face heating up as she felt the anger starting to rise in, her right eye twitched slightly. She felt like she was about to boil over when there was a jolt in her back, her hand spasmed under the table, then a wash of coldness over her, and suddenly the anger was gone and she slumped slightly in her chair. "It's fine," She said softly. "Just an accident."

"Pfft, hahaha!" Rainbow Dash burst out laughing. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! It's just ha!" She brushed a tear from her eye and stood up tugging on Sunset's sleeve. "Come on, you can clean up in the restroom. You two continue with whatever it was you two were doing."

Rainbow pretty much led Sunset to the washroom giving her a slight push to the sink. "There you go," She said leaning up against the wall.

"Thanks," Sunset mumbled as she started trying to wash the shake from her face and hair.

"Don't mention it," Rainbow shrugged. "And sorry about laughing, your face just looked so funny getting all red there, I just couldn't help myself."

"I guess it would look pretty funny to an observer."

"Yeah," Rainbow swayed slightly on the balls of her feet. "So I also saw you didn't get angry there, got to say, that was a little surprising. I mean I thought there would at least be some shouting, even if you want to change. I probably would have if it was me."

"I guess it just wasn't something to really be mad about."

"I'm not sure about that, you looked like you were getting angry one second, then the next there's nothing."

Sunset shrugged as she splashed her face again. "I just let it go okay."

"And was that jolt and spasm part of letting it go?"

Sunset looked at Rainbow. "You saw that."

"Heh, these eyes can see the hint of a ten-year-old sports injury in the middle of a soccer game halfway across the field. I think I can see a sudden spasm a foot away before you lose your anger." Rainbow said with a proud glint in her eye that softened after a second. "Maybe you should tell Twilight about it, could be some weird magic side effect."

"If it is I'll let it be for now," Sunset said as she finished drying herself off. "There are more important things to worry about than whether me getting hit by a giant rainbow had any side effects. I know you don't owe me anything at all but is there any way you could keep this between us for now?"

Rainbow shrugged. "Your body, as long as your not hurting yourself it's your choice. Though you sure do like you're secrets huh?"

Sunset shrugged fingering her top, still stained with milkshakes. "It's a habit okay, I feel better if I have a few things close to the chest. It's easier for me then."

"I guess I get it, I still haven't told Pinkie I don't like pi- forget what I said! Oh, and here," Rainbow tossed Sunset her blue jacket. "You can wash your top at my place later."

Sunset eyes the jacket. "You're just a big softy aren't you."

"Hey, I'm not soft!" Rainbow exclaimed lightly punching Sunset on the shoulder. "And don't go telling anyone I am."

"Alright, I won't."

When the two returned Flash was gone and Twilight and Rarity had returned to their seats. "Where'd Sentry go? Thought he wanted to ask you something?" Rainbow asked.

"He got all nervous after you two left and said he'd talk later," Rarity explained, patting Twilight on the shoulder.

Sunset shifted slightly on her crutches "So, um thank you for having me here today. But I should probably be going, I want to get my clothes cleaned as soon as I can."

"Yes of course we understand, wouldn't want them to be ruined." Rarity, to Sunset's slight surprise, agreed.

"And I'll be going too since Sunset here's going to be staying at my place again tonight," Rainbow added nudging Sunset in the side.

"I am?"

"You are."

Applejack gave a slight sigh and stood. "Guess that means Ah'm heading out too, these two'll need a ride."

"You'll all still come tomorrow to the portal right?" Twilight asked.

"Course we'll be there," Applejack assured her.

Pinkie Pie hopped up. "Wait! Before you go, there is one more thing I want us all to do back at the fountain."

"And why exactly did you want us here again?" Twilight asked looking at her reflection in the pond. "We already have a picture."

Pinkie started digging around her hair. "Because I want to make a wish and we all have to be here for it. Alright everyone come here." She said as she pulled a penny out.

Sunset hung back a little as the others came closer to Pinkie Pie as she flipped the penny in the air, jumped up to catch it, and flung it into the fountain. "And there we go, all done!"

"So what you wish for?" Rainbow asked.

"Rainbow Dash she can't tell or it won't come true." Rarity protested. "And I think we want it to come true, don't we dear?"

"Yep!"

***

"Y'all sure yah won't need help tonight?" Applejack asked poking her head out the window of her truck. "It'd be no trouble really, harvest season's over for the year."

Rainbow waved her off. "We'll be fine Applejack, see you tomorrow at the portal."

"Right, see ya then."

"Sooo?" Rainbow nudged Sunset once Applejack had driven away. "How'd it feel? Being out with everyone?"

"It... was actually pretty nice, being out, though a little weird if I'm being honest."

"Yeah, it is a little strange, us all out like that, actually having fun together even if our group did split up. And it was a little strange with you there, for the longest time I wanted to knock that smug look off your face, and maybe knock a few teeth out." Sunset edged slightly away from Rainbow, threats against her teeth caused that, even if it was in joke. "Seriously though now, it was pretty fun having you there, the only person who actually tried to match me at games before was Applejack, and that was two years ago. It was cool having a challenge again, though you're still a total noob."

"Agreed."

"You're coming to the portal with us tomorrow right?" Rainbow asked suddenly.

"Uh, yeah I guess so, I need to get my car back from the parking lot and if it works, I'd like to get a chance to say a proper goodbye to Twilight if that's alright."

"I'm sure it'll be," Rainbow said then frowned as she saw a pair of familiar faces pressed against the window. "Come on, let's get this over with."

Sunset couldn't help but feel a small pang of envy at the love Rainbow received yet she seemed to resent it. "They really do love you, you know."

"Yeah I know, come on. Let's in before they break the windows."

***

Twilight backed away from her open-mouthed friend as they stood at the entrance to what looked like a small warzone. Splattered food and discarded silverware were everywhere across the kitchen, the table and chairs had been overturned, and bits of fur were scattered across the ground. And then there were the three young girls responsible for the mess, still wearing cooking pots on their heads, and hands behind their backs and they looked down on the ground. Just looking at the mess Twilight thought it was a wonder her friend hadn't burst into flames.

Finally, Sweetie Belle said something. "Rarity, we're sorry. We just wanted to get our badges in pet grooming." Next to her Applebloom nodded in agreement.

"Spike and Opal just wouldn't listen, and it got a little messy," Scootaloo added in, folding her arms as she cast a glare to the kitchen closet where Twilight heard a hiss in response.

Sweetie Belle stepped forward. "We'll clean it all up, I promise. And this won't happen again!"

Rarity, still shocked and open-mouthed as she continued to take in the warzone that had been her beautiful kitchen her eyes flicked down at her sister then to Twilight. Then she fainted.

"Rarity!" Sweetie Belle rushed forward, Twilight reached her first, keeping her friend from collapsing to the ground, as Twilight lowered her gently Sweetie Belle dropped down next to her. "I'm sorry Rarity, is she..."

"She's fine," Twilight said feeling her friend's forehead. "Guess this was a little bit of a shock for her. You did destroy her kitchen."

"Twilight!" Spike's shout rang through the house as the dragon-turned puppy came running into the kitchen. "Help, save me from these demons!"

Spike leaped onto the crouching Twilight sending the surprised girl to the ground. "Spike? what's wrong? and why do you look like that?"

Spike growled as Twilight took in his new appearance, the fur on his head was standing up straight and taller than she thought possible, his small tail now looked like a feather duster, and he wore what looked like Hanohoof lederhosen, though without the hat and shoes. She smelled a slight flowery smell coming from him as if he had been dunked in some of Rarity's perfume bottles. Twilight turned her head back to see the crusaders all blushing, Scootaloo tried to whistle as she scooted out of sight.

"I guess I now know why the kitchen's a mess," Twilight said flatly. "You can get off Spike it's fine, the girls won't try anything else. Right?"

"Right!" The three girls chimed in sync.

Spike eyed them suspiciously as he slowly climbed off Twilight and padded over next to the still unconscious Rarity. Twilight brushed herself off as she stood. "Alright then, time to clean this up before Rarity wakes up."

"We can do it!" Applebloom said. "Let us handle it."

"We made the mess," Sweetie Belle agreed.

"We'll make the whole kitchen shine," Scootaloo finished.

"Thanks, girls but I think this will take all of us if we're going to clean the kitchen before Rarity wakes up or she might faint all over again." Twilight wiggled her fingers, they still felt weird on her, it felt like having a bunch of noodles on her hooves and all control had gone to them. But that wasn't important right now, with any luck she'd be back in Equestria by this time tomorrow and never have to worry about the weird finger noodles. Besides, even if she was having some trouble using them she could at least still clean and organize with them, she was sure she could do that much.

"Alright girls, let's get to work."

Author's Note:

And this brings an end to the Mall segment that was all supposed to be one chapter but ended up being a three-parter that took six months to complete. Coming up, an attempt to reopen the portal and some consequences for Sunset's actions (I keep saying she'll have them, just not really from the main characters due to their almost unnatural ability to forgive).

Now Some little things, I was always fine with Flash as a character, he was never a favorite of mine but he seemed nice enough, a little awkward, and his relationship with Twilight wasn't perfect. But since this is continuing after the first movie he's going to be noteworthy in the story and his relationship with Twilight is still connected to that. I'm hoping for him to have an actual role in the story beyond a love interest that just made Sunset even angrier at Twilight. Also, of course, his reappearance in the story has him and Twilight bumping into each other.

Next, some might think Rainbow is going along a little too well for this, well I guess here she's Sunset's version of what Fluttershy was to Discord. Someone who was willing to put aside the past and be there for her. Why I chose Rainbow, I like her as a character in the show, and because she and Sunset actually have a very similar personalities if you look closely. Both competitive, both love games, both intelligent in their own ways, and they're the two most aggressive main characters in the series.

Next, I know Twilight and Spike getting back and their integration to Earth hasn't taken up much yet but that's because it's still early in the story. It's only been a couple of days for them and the story is far from over. Plus I'm trying to balance two major plots here, so for the early part Sunset's side is going to take precedence and a bit later Twilight's going to take more. Now the next chapter is going to be half Sunset and half Twilight, both are going to have a development that is going to affect them in future chapters.

I actually do think the portal is weaker on the Human side than the Equestria side going by Midnight Sparkle's actions. Also, I wanted to add Rainbow's avoidance of pies and her desire for Pinkie not to find out.

And finally, some are probably wondering what is happening back in Equestria after the first interlude. Well, we're going to get back to them again soon, see how they are adjusting and them making their own plans. All in all, I have a lot planned for the future, and I can't wait to share it all with you! And if you see any errors that don't look like writing choices feel free to message!