• Published 12th Feb 2021
  • 5,012 Views, 302 Comments

Sunset Heritage - luckyboys121



After undergoing mysterious transformations Sunset is forced to dig into a past she does not remember and confront the parents she's never met

  • ...
11
 302
 5,012

Reunion

As Sunset and Fluttershy's blinked back into focus they where greeted by a large cliff edge as Sunset put her arm in front of Fluttershy and she said, "WHAT THE HECK STEVE!"

"SORRY SORRY!" said Steve as he helped the two back away saying, "I couldn't come back into my usual place nearby the castle and the Owl House has a spell on it that stops portals from forming too close so I was left to open it up based on my memory of the area," he then awkwardly scratched his head as he continued saying, "and I guess I don't remember it as well as I thought."

Sunset groaned slightly as she said, "Whatever... I guess we couldn't have gotten here without you."

Fluttershy's breathing calmed down as she smiled saying, "Yeah thanks Steve,' but she briefly flinched at seeing the man was looking off into the distance and no longer paying to attention to them. "Um... Steve?"

"I've never seen this place before," said Steve as he looked out at the sun over the cliff.

"Um... yeah, it's pretty but shouldn't I be the one awestruck given that this is the first time I'm seeing my home world?" said Sunset as she looked at the man.

"It's just.... I never realized how little of the island I've seen, I thought I'd explored most of it working for the Emperor's Coven but here I am, seeing something entirely new just outside of Bonesborough, a town I've been to countless times," said Steve before jumping around as he smiled saying, "Well no more, no more limited views, no more coven, no more dumb uniform."

At which point he tossed aside his cape followed by his tunic as Fluttershy began to blush and Sunset covered her eyes as as she turned and breathed a sigh to see that he had being shorts underneath his uniform. He then turned them away saying, "From now on Steve is his own man who does what he wants!" He then reached out his hand as a staff materialized within it as he hopped upon it saying, "And what Steve wants to do is explore the world!" He then took off into the air and said, "Catch you later ladies, and good luck!" before letting out a cheer as he flew out of sight.

"Well then... that was unexpected," said Sunset as she looked out with a sigh.

"Well at least he's going to live his life the way he wants," said Fluttershy with a slight smile.

"He didn't need to take off his pants though," said Sunset flatly.

"Still though, he's living free now," said Fluttershy.

"I guess... I give him about a week," said Sunset.

"I give him eleven minutes, but that's beside the point," said Fluttershy.

Sunset thought for a moment then let out a laugh as she looked out over the cliff at the sunlight reflected on water and the large curved rock formations rising up from it as she said, "Yeah I guess it is... he was right though this place does look beautiful."

"Yeah..." said Fluttershy before turning to Sunset with a smile as she said, "It sure does."

Sunset looked back at her with a slight blush, before blinking as she groaned saying, "I just realized he never actually told us where to go."

"Oh... well he did say something about a place called the Owl House and a town nearby," said Fluttershy hopeful.

Sunset sighed as she said, "Well I guess that's a start," before straightening her cloak as she made sure Jade was secured at her waist and her new sword to her back before sparing a glance and a smirk at her necklace as she thought, "Just wait a little longer guys, I'm almost there." She then turned to the side as she noticed a dirt path and grabbed Fluttershy's hand saying, "Alright, let's head out."

Fluttershy blushed slightly as she nodded and the pair walked off.


As the young girl walked down the stairs she stretched her arms and let out a yawn. She soon got to the kitchen and was greeted to her usual morning sight of a pale woman dressed in a purple sweater and blue skirt drinking coffee as she sat next to a man wearing a gray shirt and black sweat pants, and finally a small creature with what appeared to be a skull face that sat across from them.

The woman looked up at her saying, "Well looks who's finally up, not like you to sleep in this late Luz."

The man simply shrugged as she said, "Cut the kid some slack, after that whole thing with the Sliver Beast and learning a new spell yesterday she deserves some rest."

Luz chuckled at that as she sat down at the table saying, "Morning Eda, Morning Dante," before leaning over towards the small creature as she said, "Morning King, you little cutie."

"Wah, hey don't call me cute, I am the ruler of demons!" cried out King as he hopped onto the table.

"Hey, you got my vote. I'd much rather help you out then Mundus," said Dante with a chuckle.

"See even the half demon knows to respect me," said King a smile.

Dante glared slightly as Eda let out a snorting laugh saying, "Here that hun, your old man would be proud to see you in a demon kings army just like him," as she patted Dante on the back.

Dante rolled his eyes saying, "Very funny," before smirking as he pointed forward saying, "Hey Luz now that you're going to be enrolling in Hexside maybe you could help teach Eda some of the stuff she missed after dropping out."

At this Eda's laughter suddenly stopped as she looked Dante dead in the eyes saying, "Truce?"

Dante nodded repeating, "Truce," before leaning over and giving Eda a slight kiss.

"OH COME ON, I'M EATING HERE!" said King as he sat back down poking his fork at his food saying, "Though I don't want to with this slop."

Luz smiled briefly at the antics of those around her as she said, "Well I was just planning on having a relaxing day about town. Won't be able to do that starting next week... that is if I pass the entrance exam," said Luz as she began to tap her foot nervously.

Eda leaned over as she said, "Pffth, you'll be fine. After all I'm teaching you and I have more magical talent in my pinkie then most of those guys do in their whole bodies."

Luz looked at Dante who simply nodded, the two assuaging her fears just a little, only to be interrupted as she soon found King sitting in her hoodie saying, "Yeah, I'm sure it will be fine, but what you need now is to go out and relax. Maybe get some nice scones from that cart in town."

"Really, you think that would help?" asked Luz as she looked back at the little demon.

"Oh absolutely, scones are well known comfort food," said King excitedly.

"And this has nothing to do with the fact you hate the pancakes I made?" said Dante as he crossed his arms with a smirk.

"How dare you make such a claim, I am merely trying to help my dear friend get through a stressful time in her life," said King as he crossed his arms with a huff.

Eda chuckled as she said, "Eh let them go, it sounds like they'll have fun," before leaning over to Dante as she whispered, "Besides, do you want to have to sit through their annoying breakfast comedy routine again?"

Dante thought for a moment before raising his coffee mug with a smile saying, "You two have fun."

"Thanks guys," said Luz with a smile before heading towards the door as she said, "See you later."

As they opened the door though an owl like face on it spoke to them saying, "Hoot hoot, do you want to hear my advice for your test?"

"No thanks Hooty," said Luz as she smiled and kept walking.

"Your advice would only make things worse," said King much more harshly.


As Sunset and Fluttershy walked into town Sunset was quick to put her hand on Fluttershy in protection as a large creature with multiple eyes walked past them, as he removed one of said eyes plopped it into his mouth.

Fluttershy briefly gagged at the sight before she pushed the arm away saying, "Oh come on, sure these guys look different but they seem alright," she then turned to a fairy floating by with a smile as she said, "Um excuse mam, can you help us?"

The fairy turned to her with a smile of her own as she opened up her mouth to reveal rows upon rows of sharp teeth as she yelled out, "GIVE ME YOUR SKIN!"

Instantly Fluttershy ducked behind Sunset as the girl raised her gun up to the fairy.

The fairy then closed her mouth as raised her hands defensively saying, "Waoh, chill girl. I was just having some fun messing with the human, you know how it is."

Sunset glared as she said, "No I don't, but what I do know is I want to get to the Owl House. You wouldn't happen to know where it is do you?"

The fairy blinked at that before breaking out into a chuckle as she said, "You're kidding right?" When Sunset just stared back at her she broke into a full on fit of laughter as she rolled around in the air.

Sunset stared at the fairy ready to say something, only to be interrupted as Fluttershy stood up and moved towards her before stopping and glaring at her as she said, "And what is so funny about that?!"

The fairy wiped tears from her eyes as her laughter finally died down as she looked towards Sunset and said, "Look kid, I've seen your type before. The fancy gun, the huge sword, your weird pet here," said the fairy pointing at Fluttershy.

"I'm not a pet!" said Fluttershy as she was filled with a new sense of confidence.

"Sure whatever you say," said the fairy brushing her to the side before turning back to Sunset as she said, "Look, I don't know what kind of hot shot bounty hunter you think you are but there is no way you're gonna be able to take on those two, trust me the money isn't worth even trying."

The fairy then began to fly off still laughing as Sunset called out, "Hold on, what the hell are you talking about!?"

Fluttershy then turned to the side as she blinked upon seeing a particular poster as she said, "Um Sunset... you might want to see this."

Sunset groaned before turning to the side and gasping at what she saw.

WANTED EDA THE OWL LADY AND DANTE THE DEMON SLAYER

REWARD 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Sunset blinked as a slight tear came her eye before shaking it off as she said, "Didn't think this would be the first way I'd see them."

"Well, it makes sense given how Lilith talked about them, it doesn't exactly seem like the're on the emperor's good side," said Fluttershy.

"Yeah well, he doesn't sound like someone I'd want to be on the good side of anyway," said Sunset as she looked closer at the poster saying, "They look... nice though," as she smiled and let another tear fall from her eye.

Instantly Fluttershy gave her a side hug as she smiled saying, "Yeah, they do." The two simply stood like this for a moment before Fluttershy asked, "You ready to keep looking?"

"Yeah," said Sunset turning to towards Fluttershy and returning the hug as she said, "Thanks for coming with me by the way... I'm not sure if I could get through this alone."

"Anytime," said Fluttershy as the two gripped each other tighter before separating. They then looked around the town as she said, "So which way should we go?"

"I'm not sure," said Sunset as she looked around herself, before sitting eyes on what appeared to be a normal human girl sitting on a bench with some kind of small creature and eating scones. She blinked as she thought, "Wait, is she human too, and why does she look kind of familiar?"

Before she could think on that Fluttershy suddenly rocketed forward as she suddenly held the tiny creature in her arms saying, "Oh my goodness you are such a cute little guy, yes you are, yes you are!"

At this King started to squirm in her grasp as he said, "No... not again, I am not anyone's cute little guy!"

"Oh my goodness, you can talk!" said Fluttershy happily as she snuggled him more.

Sunset ran up to them as King turned back struggling further and saying, "WAH! Help me Luz!"

Luz stood up as she tried to grab King saying, "Oh querido, um could you please put him down he doesn't really like that."

Sunset then grabbed onto Fluttershy as she said, "Yeah, I don't think this is what they mean by 'putting the squeeze' on people for information."

They finally managed to pry them apart as Fluttershy breathed out a sigh saying, "Oh... oh my I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me."

Luz chuckled as she held the angry King before putting him down on the bench and sliding her own plate of scones to him as he began eating. She then smiled at her saying, "It's alright I did that the first time I saw him too and..." she then trailed off as she caught sight of Fluttershy's ears and ran up to her with the biggest grin as she said, "Es impossible, you're human too! I'm not the only human on the Boiling Isles!?"

"Um... not anymore I guess, we just got here," said Fluttershy as she awkwardly scratched her head.

Sunset then stepped forward saying, "Only part human here... I think anyway, I'm actually here to meet my parents."

"Oh really," said Luz as she thought, "Another couple like that on the Isles, maybe Dante and Eda know them." Before asking, "Do you know anything about them?"

King finished his scones and had a ship of his box of Apple Blood as Sunset spoke saying, "Just that their names are Dante and Eda," causing King to immediately spit out the drink as Luz's jaw dropped.

"You, but... how!?" said Luz in disbelief.

"Wait you can't be Sunset, you where smaller then me last time I saw you!" said King before gasping as he covered his own mouth.

"Wait, you knew about this!?" said Luz as she looked down at him disbelief.

"Well... I wasn't supposed to say anything, it's not exactly the happiest subject," said King as he looked down and kicked his feet awkwardly.

"What do you mean?" asked Sunset as she leaned down to look at him as tears formed in her eyes. "Did they... did they not-"

King instantly caught her train of thought as he raised his hands saying, "They wanted you, more then anything in the world in fact but... it might be better for you to hear it from them, and I know they'll be happy to see you," said King as he hopped down.

Sunset stared in disbelief as she thought, "This... this is it, I'm on my way to see them now but... can I"

As Sunset began to fall into a sea of doubt she found a life preserver in the form of a yellow hand placed on her shoulder. Sunset gripped onto it before getting up as said, "Alright... let's go."

The four began walking for a bit in silence before Luz finally spoke up saying, "So um... I'm Luz by the way, Luz Noceda."

Sunset tried to focus on reality as she latched onto the familiar name saying, "Luz... your mother wouldn't happen to be a doctor named Camila would she?"

Luz suddenly stopped as she said, "You know my mama... she doesn't know I'm here does she?"

"Not that I've told her no," said Sunset as she was slightly taken aback.

Luz breathed a sigh of relief as she said, "Good... I mean, I plan on telling her about all this eventually but I mean, well you know how moms are and ohhh, sorry." Luz instantly retreated back as she realized the mistake she made.

Fluttershy then stepped up trying to break the ice saying, "I'm Fluttershy, Sunset's girlfriend."

King let out a slight chuckle as he said, "Just about to meet them and already bringing dates home, you're gonna be handful."

Sunset actually let out a slight chuckle at the joke as she said, "Maybe so."

The four continued to walk along before eventually King stopped as he said, "Whelp here it is... the Owl House."

Sunset looked up at the large building before her, as she let out a slight gulp as she gripped Fluttershy's hand tighter. Fluttershy looked over as she said, "Are you sure you're ready for this?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," said Sunset shakily as they approached.

As they approached Sunset stewed in her own thoughts, but was quickly snapped out of it by an absolutely grating voice saying, "Oh Sunset, I haven't seen you in awhile hoot hoot." As Sunset looked up to see what looked like some kind of tube with an Owl face stretched out from the door to reach her.

Sunset gaped at it as the door it was attached to seemed to open as he said, "I'll tell Dante and Eda you're here hoot hoot," before he began to stretch inside.

"HOOTY WAIT!" called out King as he ran after him.

"STOP HOOTY!" said Luz as she ran inside as well.

Sunset briefly glanced at Fluttershy as the two entered the house to see Dante choking Hooty with a look of pure rage on his face as he said, "OK, this is the day I do it, this is the day this fucking thing went too far and I kill it!"

Hooty let out a cough as Eda said, "Dante wait I know it was a sick joke but you can't just kill him... now anyways."

"WAIT!" called out King.

"IT'S NOT A JOKE, SHE'S HERE!" said Luz as she pointed towards Sunset.

The two looked to where she was pointing as there mouths dropped open. Instantly Dante let go of Hooty as he began walking towards the girl.

Sunset nervously smiled and waved at them as she said, "Um... hi."

Dante and Eda moved towards her silently as tears began to fall from their eyes. They then stopped just short of reaching her, as if they where scared she was some kind of mirage and touching her would make her dissapear.

Dante blinked as he slowly reached out his hand saying, "It... it can't be."

Eda did the same as the tears began to fall from her eyes even harder as she said, "Sunset is it... is it really?"

Sunset looked at them and felt her eyes begin to water as the picture in her head finally filled out and was completed by the sight, and how the voices matched ones she had countless times in her. She knew instantly that these where her parents but the question was how to make them see that. She thought for a moment before it struck her as she placed her hand on her cloak saying, "With this I have the protection of my mother," before moving onto to the necklace as she said, "With this the treasure of my father."

She then pulled out her gun as Dante finished it as he became slightly choked up saying, "And with Jade you have the strength of us both."

"Oh Sunset," said Eda as she broke into a smile before tackling girl into a hug.

Sunset began to cry herself as she felt an infinite sea of warmth and love conveyed in this simple act as she simply and unconsciously said, "Mom," as Eda gripped her even tighter.

Soon Dante broke as well as he joined in on the hug as Sunset felt the seemingly infinite amount of love seem to double as she said, "Dad," before wrapping her own arms around them.

"Sunset you don't know how long we've wanted to see you," said Eda as she sniffled slightly.

"My baby girl is finally home," said Dante between blubbers.

The three simply stood like this for who knows how long, as Luz, King, and Fluttershy looked on smiling.


Meanwhile in the Emperor's throne room

Lilith gulped as she entered the room saying, "Emperor Bellos I'm sorry to say that-"

She was however quickly interrupted as she heard a slow series of claps as she looked up to see Bellos let out one last clap before saying, "Bravo Lilith, I was beginning to think you where losing your touch with how often you failed to catch your sister, but you have greatly surprised me today."

Lilith blinked as she said, "But my lord, Sunset is."

"Currently in the Owl House, I must say leaving behind a single troop to take her back was a stroke of genius," said Bellos. "And do not worry, I have already rewarded Steve by allowing him the early retirement he seemed to want."

"Oh um... thank you my lord," said Lilith as she looked up at him with a slight smile as she thought, "How does he know all this?." She then cleared her throat before saying, "Um... should we try and capture her and my sister now that the're together?"

"Not today, let them enjoy their family reunion for awhile," said Bellos before raising his arms and saying, "For now though you should celebrate. Not only is the forbidden child within my grasp, but thanks to her I will no longer have to put up with that moronic Mundus. I've already informed the next in line for the demon realm throne and they couldn't be happier, Argosax was always more amicable anyway." Bellos then pointed towards the door as he said, "For now go back to your room, I think you'll find an advance on your next few pay checks and a bottle vintage hard Apple Blood waiting for you."

"Oh um," said Lilith with a nervous smile as she said, "That is very generous of you."

"Please, for enforcing the Titans will you deserve that much and more," said Bellos as he pointed once again towards the door.

Lilith got the hint as she said, "Thank you once again your majesty," before leaving.

Bellos then leaned back in his chair as he sighed saying, "You truly do deserve more Lilith, as does everyone else in the realms, and soon they shall get what they deserve by my strong right hand," said the Emperor as he raised his hand up clenching it into a fist and causing the large heart behind his throne to beat much more rapidly as a soft green glow briefly blinked into his eyes.

Author's Note:

Well then, Sunset is with her parents, Emperor Bellos is cooking something up, and Steve has left with a Spongebob reference, all is as it should be... for now. But how will the group handle all this, and how exactly did Sunset end up in Equestria in the first place, find out all this and more next chapter around this time next week.

So then for those of you wondering, yes I saw the premiere of season 2 (twice actually), yes I LOVED it, and finally yes, despite being set firmly in season 1 some season 2 elements will get some inclusion not gonna be too specific so all I'll say for is... BYYEEE!

Anyway, thanks for reading, hope you liked it, any constructive criticism is welcome, have a great day.