• Published 26th Nov 2020
  • 3,210 Views, 21 Comments

Good Times In Equestria: Secrets of the Pillars - GoebelTron



Thomas starts to learn about six legendary pillars of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 21
 3,210

Thomas’s Royal Problem

At Twilight’s castle, the map was calling for Starlight, when she saw her cutie mark glowing on her flank, and there was another cutie mark, but it was Thomas’s CMC badge. “I can’t believe it!” Twilight exclaimed. “I know! I can't believe it either! The map has never called me before!” Starlight exclaimed. “Yep. As usual,” Spike said. “Oh, this is so exciting! You’re first friendship problem!” Twilight said. “I know! But I sure hope I don’t mess this up,” Starlight said. “Aunt Twilight! Aunt Starlight!” Thomas called out. “Thomas? Is that your cutie mark on the map?” Starlight asked. “It’s coming from my badge!” Thomas said, showing them his badge.

“I didn’t know that can happen,” Starlight said. “But... he’s a human. Why would the map call to him?” Spike asked. “I don’t know, Spike. But whatever it is, I hope he can handle this,” Twilight said. “Where is it coming from?” Thomas asked. “Let’s find out,” Twilight said, and then the map pinpointed the location of the signal, which was Canterlot. “Canterlot?! Oh my gosh!” Twilight exclaimed in excitement. “What could be going on at Canterlot?” Starlight asked, until the signal zoomed in at the Royal Palace. “The Royal Palace? What could that mean?”

“I don’t know, but you and Thomas better get going,” Twilight said. “I got my stuff ready,” Thomas said, revealing his luggage. “Good, then we’re ready to roll,” Starlight said. “We’ll let you know what we find on the way back.” Thomas climbed onto Starlight’s back and then she trotted over to the train station.


As they arrived at the Royal Palace, they saw Princess Celestia and Princess Luna sitting in their thrones. “Welcome, Starlight Glimmer,” Princess Celestia greeted. “Hi, Princess Celestia!” Thomas exclaimed. Princess Celestia laughed softly, until she went over and held him on her hoof and hugged him against her chest, as the little boy nuzzled with her warm chest fur. “I assume you brought him along just to see me?”

“Not exactly. It’s just that... me and Thomas were called here for a friendship problem, but we don’t know what exactly the problem is,” Starlight explained. “Oh. Right,” Princess Celestia said. “Well, there's nothing wrong here. Right, sister?”

Princess Luna had bags under her eyes. “No. Everything's perfect as usual, sister,” she said sourly. Thomas kinda felt concerned about their behaviors.


At the guest room, Starlight and Thomas got situated. “Aunt Starlight?” Thomas asked. “What is it, sweetheart?” Starlight asked. “I’m kinda worried about Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Do you think something’s bothering them?” Thomas said. Starlight gently picked Thomas up and placed him on her lap, “I don’t know, sweetie. But whatever it is, I’m sure we’ll find a safer way to solve it.”

“But what if they’re fighting each other by hurting their feelings?” Thomas asked. “I don’t know, but it might be something else. We’ll have to find out in the morning,” Starlight said. “Come on. Let’s go get you ready for bed.” Thomas nodded, and then Starlight took him to a bathroom for his bath.


The next morning, Starlight and Thomas sat down in the dining hall with Princess Celestia for breakfast, which were pancakes with strawberries, blueberries and blackberries on top, and had whipped butter on top and syrup soaked on the pancakes.

“Thank you so much for breakfast, princess. I can't believe you cook it yourself,” Starlight said, taking a bite of her pancakes. Thomas even enjoyed his after cutting each slice and eating them. Princess Celestia lightly giggled, “Of course, Starlight! I really enjoy doing it. It's a small way to say I care. Especially for your dear nephew, who I love to care for.” The door opened, and Princess Luna had the look of a sleepy pony. “Good morning, sister! Join us?” Princess Celestia asked, showing her a plate full of pancakes. Princess Luna then walked away, sourly refusing the pancakes and used her magic to take a pineapple, “Too tired.” She took a bite of the fruit. “Please excuse me.”

“Wow. Last night must've been really hard on her,” Starlight said. Princess Celestia sighed sadly, “Perhaps. But she is like this every morning.” She discarded the pancakes for Luna into the waste bin.

“Is something troubling Princess Luna?” Thomas asked. “I think so,” Starlight said. “Thomas, why don’t you comfort Princess Celestia and we’ll deal with Princess Luna later?”

“Okay,” Thomas said, and he went to Princess Celestia, and then he gave her a comforting hug on her stomach and rested his head on her chest. “Aww... aren’t you sweet?” she asked, hugging him back. “I’ll go write to Twilight about my progress while Thomas takes care of you,” Starlight said, as she left the dining hall to the guest room, and then Princess Celestia took Thomas for a joyride by flying, as he sat on her back.

Later on, Starlight and Thomas joined Princess Luna for the night, as Thomas rode on Luna’s back. “Wow, Princess Luna. You do this every night?” Starlight asked surprisingly. “Lavender's calming scent is known to aid dreamers in achieving a restorative sleep,” Princess Luna explained, as Thomas sniffed from it, and made a soft warm smile about how good it smelled. Starlight sniffed some of the flowers, “That's so thoughtful!”

“I try my best to make sure the ponies in this castle sleep peacefully,” Princess Luna said. Suddenly, the door opened and Princess Celestia came in with other Canterlot ponies. “And so, then I said, "Touring? More like 'boring'!" Fleur Dr Verre said, as he and the others made an airy laughter. Princess Celestia laughed as well, “Oh, you really are a card!”

Princess Luna sighed frustratingly, “But as always, my sister is too busy having fun with dignitary ponies to acknowledge anything I do. Hmph!” Thomas felt worried for Luna.


Later on, as nighttime continued, Starlight was wearing her robe and slippers, while Thomas wore his blue star covered footsie pajamas and sat on Starlight’s lap, as she wrapped her forelegs around him for a cradling hug. “Well, Thomas. It looks like both princesses are hurting each other without realizing it. And instead of talking about it, they're just getting colder and more distant.“ Starlight said. “I don’t like it. They’re sisters and they love each other,” Thomas said, as he gently squished his cheek on her chest. “I know, honey. I know,” Starlight said. “But it looks like we’ll have to confront them with a thoughtful and strategic explanation type of way.”

“Do you think they’ll understand?” Thomas asked. “Maybe, but it looks like we’ll have to find out in the morning. It’s late anyhow,” Starlight said, as she saw Thomas yawning, until he fell asleep in her embrace. Starlight then put Thomas on the bed, and then she took off her robe and slid her slippers off her hooves, and then climbed into bed with Thomas as she hugged him against her chest for comfort.


The next morning, Starlight and Thomas joined Princess Celestia for breakfast again, which were pancakes, but with pineapples and peaches. “Wow. I almost feel bad eating this. It's adorable,” Starlight said.

“Like I said, I enjoy this part,” Princess Celestia said. “I just wish Princess Luna felt the same,” Thomas said, eating his pancakes. The door suddenly opened, and Princess Luna walked in, taking a banana and eating it. “Hi,” she sourly said with her mouth full.

“Uh, Princess Luna! Wait!” Starlight exclaimed. “As you both know, the map sent me and Thomas here for a reason, and I... think we found out what it is.” Thomas nodded nervously. Princess Celestia was shocked, “Really? Oh, that is wonderful, Starlight! What is it?”

“You two,” Starling said. “Excuse me?” Princess Celestia asked. “I beg your pardon?” Princess Luna simultaneously asked.
Starlight then continued as she hugged Thomas by holding him on her right foreleg and against her chest, “I think you're accidentally hurting each other's feelings without realizing it. Princess Celestia, does it bother you that Luna never notices the wonderful breakfasts that you prepare for her?”

“Uh... Y-Yes. It does,” Princess Celestia said. Princess Luna, tell Celestia how you feel about the fact that she never acknowledges the work you put into lining the hallway with lavender every night,” Starlight said. “I... Well, I... I-It's not the best feeling,” Princess Luna said, until she turned to Celestia. “I'm sorry I never noticed that you make fruit faces on pancakes, but nights are long for me. You might be a morning pony, but I am half-asleep.”

Princess Celestia scoffed, “You think I don't get tired? I'm exhausted! Oh, I apologize for not noticing flowers in a wall sconce. But by the time I get to retire for the night, I can barely see straight! Even so, I still make an effort to smile!”

“Like smiling is so hard,” Princess Luna argued back. “I-I-I'm sure that's not what Princess Luna meant to say, Princess Celestia,” Thomas said. “Is that what exhausts you? Smiling and being adored by everypony?” Princess Luna asked sourly. “And you have it so much worse, do you?! You've spent your evenings flitting around giving ponies lovely dreams! Oh, it sounds just awful!” Princess Celestia replied in an argumentative tone. Starlight chuckled nervously, “Okay! I feel like we should step back, take a deep breath...”

“Don't presume to know what it is like to govern the dream realm! I try my best, especially when little Thomas had nightmares during his first time here a while back!” Princess Luna yelled. “Don’t you dare bring him into this! He’s too sensitive to be taken that way! And yet you know exactly what it's like to be me?! HA! Oh, please!” Princess Celestia scoffed argumentatively. “Enough!” Starlight shouted, as there was a shimmering magical flash. The princesses looked at their cutie marks, as Celestia had Luna’s cutie mark, and Luna had Celestia’s cutie mark.

“There! Now you'll know exactly what it's like to... be each other,” Starlight and Thomas both nervously gulped, as Starlight nervously smiled and Thomas shook in fear worried about what happened. Princess Celestia gasped, “What have you done?!”

“I... went with my gut?” Starlight nervously replied, until Thomas spoke up. “S-Sorry, Princess Celestia...”

“Switch our cutie marks back this instant!” Princess Luna hollered. “My apologies, your majesties! But I can't, even if I wanted to. The spell lasts twenty-four hours. I-It may have been extreme, but, uh, I think it's still a good idea?” Starlight said in a nervously smiling response. Princess Celestia gave Starlight a serious look, “What?”

“Y-You said it yourselves! Neither of you believes your sister knows how hard it is to be you. So this is your chance to prove it,” Starlight said. “Please. I don’t want you two to tear each other apart anymore. Or otherwise you’ll end up lonely like before,” Thomas said sadly.

“Well, I could use an easy day followed by a good night's sleep,” Princess Luna said. “You can try. I haven't had an easy day in, well, ever! But now, I get to sleep, and tonight will be a breeze,” Princess Celestia said in agreement. “All right, Starlight Glimmer. We will do this.”

“Good choice! Not that you had one,” Starlight chuckled. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna both snorted. “I'm gonna stop talking now,” Starlight said. “I’ll just leave you too it.”

“Thomas? Since we’ve been delayed... would you like to spend some time with Luna so I can spend time with you later?” she asked. “You mean it?!” Thomas asked excitedly. Princess Celestia nodded, as Princess Luna leaned down towards his level, and let him climb on her back. “Now, let’s go have some quality time, just you and I,” Princess Luna said. “Okay!” Thomas said. “Luna? Try to keep him happily occupied, would you?” Princess Celestia asked. “Will do, sister,” Princess Luna said, as she, Thomas and Starlight walked off to the throne room.


“As you can see, Celestia and I are switching places today,” Princess Luna said to the staff of the castle, as they made confused murmurs. “I assure you, I am more than capable of handling all of Celestia's, heh, duties while I have time to spend some, heh, quality time with this little one.” She playfully tickled Thomas’s belly, that made him laugh. “Dismissed,” Princess Luna said, and the castle staff made nervous murmurs. “So, what is first on my dear sister's to-do list?”

Starlight lifted the list up with her magic and read through it, “It says you have a few public appearances. Store openings, judging the royal rose contest... You know, that sort of thing.” Princess Luna chuckled, “Oh, I knew today would be easy, but I didn't think it would be that easy. And maybe we’ll get some ice cream along the way.” Thomas then hugged his auntie.

Princess Luna smiled lightly while riding Celestia’s carriage and waved at the ponies, while Thomas sat on her lap, and Starlight followed from behind by trotting, then Luna did a ribbon cutting ceremony for a store opening, but she stomped on the ribbon and the ponies cheered. Luna did the royal rose contest judging by sniffing each rose, and then made up her mind and pronounced them all winners, which made the contenders happy, but confused. After the contest, she smiled lightly for the camera as the school ponies were having a picture for their school trip, until she accidentally frowned with a scowl.

“Well, it looks like you’ve handled most of it pretty easy. Except this,” Starlight said. “"Princess Luna Unhappy with Student Fundraiser"? But I wasn't unhappy!” Princess Luna exclaimed. “Um, you were scowling,” Starlight said, as Thomas nodded in agreement while eating his small ice cream cone that had four small scoops, one consisting vanilla bean, mint chocolate chip, regular chocolate, and cookies and cream ice cream.

“Well, I-I didn't mean to! I've been smiling all day! My cheeks hurt! I stopped for one second! And that's when he took the picture!” Princess Luna said. “Guess smiling all day isn't as easy as you thought?” Thomas asked, before taking another bite of his ice cream. “It says here that, because of me, the school didn't raise enough funds to go on their field trip! I-I didn't mean for that to happen!” Princess Luna said, as she face planted her head on the table.

“I know. But you can't dwell on that now. According to the list, some delegates are about to arrive for a luncheon. You need to dispel rumors of timberwolves in the White Tail Woods. The nearby towns have been in a state of panic for weeks,” Starlight said.

“B-B-But I have to fix this!” Princess Luna said. “You can't. You need to put on a brave face and help these ponies. It's what Princess Celestia would do,” Thomas said, after finishing his ice cream. “You’re right, dear one. Very well, here goes nothing,” Princess Luna said, as she opened the doors, took a deep breath and shouted. “Hello! Great news! There are no timberwolves!” She then slammed the door. “ No, there are definitely timberwolves!” said the delegate ponies.

“I'm sorry. But I couldn't stop thinking about those poor students. Normally, I have all the time in solitude I need to work through my problems at my own pace,” Princess Luna said. “Well, your sister doesn't get that luxury,” Starlight stated. “Mmhmm,” Thomas said, as he finished up his scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream and moved onto the chocolate flavored ice cream scoop.

“The princess will definitely side with me!” Mayor Cream Cheese said to Mayor Baltimare behind the door. “Please see reason, Mayor Cream Cheese! I'm telling you, Baltimare...”

“Ready for the town hall?” Starlight asked. Princess Luna sighed and went to go reason with Mayor Cream Cheese and Mayor Baltimare as they continued arguing.

Later on, as nighttime appeared, things were now fixed. “Glad that's settled,” said Mayor Baltimare. Mayor Cream Cheese chuckled, “And it only took three hours.”

“That got heated, didn't it?” Mayor Baltimare asked. “Still on for golf?” Mayor Cream Cheese asked. “Oh, absolutely,” Mayor Baltimare said, as Mayor Cream Cheese chuckled.

“You made it to the end of the day. Yay?” Starlight nervously cheered, as she saw Princess Luna looking exhausted. “Hmm? Oh. Yes, uh...” Princess Luna yawned. “I'm just going to turn in, then. Good light, Starnight. Good night, Thomas...” She yawned again as she walked to her room.

“Oh, hello, Starlight. Hello, Thomas. I don't know about you, but I feel very well-rested. Where's Luna?” Princess Celestia asked as she appeared. “Um, uh, she already turned in for the night,” Starlight said. “Did she now? It seems my duties were harder than my sister expected,” Princess Celestia said. “I have an idea for you both. Why don’t you join with me tonight?”

Thomas nodded, and then he suddenly yawned as he got sleepy. “And it looks like he’s had a good time, but... could we give him some dinner before we head off?” Starlight asked. Princess Celestia nodded, and then they walked over to her bedroom to sleep.


After Thomas had some pasta and steamed vegetables, he put on his green pajamas, and then Starlight read one of her books. Princess Celestia then raised the moon with her magic, “Okay, moon raised. It's even easier than raising the sun.” She then chuckled. “So, what’s next?” She then saw Thomas sleeping by leaning towards her left leg. “Aww... Oh, right. Of course. Everypony's asleep at night,” Princess Celestia then tucked Thomas onto her bed, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Heh. Luna works alone... Oh, but it's nothing I can't handle. All I have to do is watch over Equestria, visit the dream realm, and protect ponies in their nightmares. My list was three times as long!” She then chuckled, and then Starlight got into bed with her nephew.

The lights in the houses in Canterlot were turned off. “All right. Everypony's asleep. You're talking to yourself, Celestia. Heh. But there's nopony else to talk to!” Princess Celestia chuckled. “Yet. I can talk to ponies in their dreams!” She then concentrated and traveled to the dream realm. When she arrived, she saw blue orbs consisting all of the ponies’ dreams.

“Now, to save some ponies from their nightmares. Which aren't real, so it shouldn't be too hard, right? Right. Good call, Celestia! And I'm talking to myself again,” Princess Celestia said, until she heard a child and a female voice screaming in fear. “Thomas?! Starlight?! Wonder what they’re dreaming about... Oh no!” She saw Thomas riding on Starlight’s back running down the hall with floating pancakes talking to him, “I care. I care. I care. I care.” Thomas kept running until he saw Twilight looking angry at Starlight, “This is big! Like, really big!” Twilight’s eyes shown both the sun in the day and the moon in the night.

Thomas and Starlight then ran into a dream version of the main hall, until Princess Celestia appeared to comfort them both, “Starlight! Thomas! I'm here now. Tell me what's wrong.”

Princess Celestia held Thomas against her chest on her right foreleg and Thomas cried underneath her chest fur, “Going with my gut was the wrong call! We were supposed to bring you two closer together! But I've only driven you apart with magic! If you two can't see why you need each other, then—!”

“Then I am back!” said a voice, until it was Nightmare Moon, who started laughing evilly. Princess Celestia stood by Starlight and kept holding Thomas, “Don't worry, you two. I know how to handle Nightmare Moon.”

“Yes! But can you handle... me?!” said another voice, as she revealed herself laughing evilly. She looked like Princess Celestia, but she had pale light grayish orangish white fur, her mane and tail were blazing with fire, she had deep reddish brown eyes with brilliant orange and brilliant gold gradient pupils, a helmet that was molded as flames in orange and light orange, razor sharp teeth, and her flank and chest piece had a cutie mark of Princess Celestia’s sun with a brilliant orange background. She also had a flame molded helmet in deep and light orange, a deep orange chest plate with Celestia’s sun symbol, deep orange armor on her wings, and deep orange shoes on all four hooves. Princess Celestia was fearfully shocked as the evil version of her kept cackling, “This can't be!”

“If Luna can turn into Nightmare Moon, you can absolutely turn into me — Daybreaker! The better, prettier, and more powerful version of you!” she said. “No! I'll never turn into you!” Princess Celestia said, as she stood by Starlight to protect her and still held Thomas in her hoof. “Deep inside, you know how powerful you are. You don't need Luna,” Daybreaker said. “That's not true! Even when we were apart, I knew I needed her!” Princess Celestia said. Daybreaker laughed, “Oh, please! You don't need anypony! You can do whatever you want. And all you have to do is get rid of anypony who stands in your way!” She blasted a red magical beam from her horn, but Princess Celestia blocked it. “I never should've banished you to the moon! I should've destroyed you!” Daybreaker said angrily at Nightmare Moon.

“No, you can't do that! Day, night, sun, moon — Equestria needs both of you!” Thomas said, as the two evil alicorns kept fighting. “Without balance, there's no harmony! Please, stop!” Suddenly, Daybreaker made an explosion towards Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon then growled frustratingly and made a explosive shield. “Who needs balance when you can have it all?!” Daybreaker then laughed, until Nightmare Moon blasted her with her magic.

“You can't get rid of me so easily, sister! Unless you plan on smiling me to smithereens!” Nightmare Moon said mockingly. Princess Celestia then spread out her wings after she appeared magically, “Enough!” Daybreaker laughed, “I told you I was more powerful than you!” Nightmare Moon then summoned black magic from underneath her. “Ugh. So much black. We get it. You're sad. You could really use some... sun!” Daybreaker breathed fire at Nightmare Moon as she blocked it with her black magic orb. Starlight gasped, as she grabbed Thomas from the burning carpet, and Celestia flew with then in her hooves, until she casted a bubble made by her magic. Daybreaker made a flaming burst, and Starlight started crying, “This is all my fault! I never should've gone on this mission! Now Equestria is doomed!”

“I WANT MY MOMMA!” Thomas said, as he cried as well. Princess Celestia then searched for Luna’s dream, until she saw her sister dreaming about smiling.

Suddenly, the students she saw somehow teased her singsong, “That smile's too wide... It's obviously not real...” Princess Luna saw them looking sad, “Why don't you want us to go on our field trip?” The filly started crying.

“I don't...!” Princess Luna suddenly started to lose some of her teeth. “I mean, I do!” The fillies and colts teased her again, “That smile's too wide... It's obviously not real...” Princess Luna saw Celestia come through, “Celestia! I'm so glad you're...!” She was cut off by Celestia bringing her to Starlight and Thomas’s dream, where Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker kept fighting.

“I've seen a lot, but I haven't seen this before,” Princess Luna said in her normal tone. “It's a dream for both dear Thomas and Starlight Glimmer. They’re afraid this is what will happen if we continue to fight!” Princess Celestia said. Starlight kept sobbing, “What was I thinking?! I'm never going with my gut again!”

“I wanna go home to my Momma! I want my Momma!” Thomas said. “If you don't fix this soon, it could have a grave consequence on both their psyche,” Princess Luna said. “But my magic isn't powerful enough! I thought if we worked together...!” Princess Celestia was cut off by Princess Luna, “I have your magic, remember? It doesn't work in the dream realm. It has to be you!”

Princess Celestia started leaking tears from her eyes, “Oh, Luna, I can't do this! I was wrong! Your job is so incredibly hard! You have to battle nightmares and work in the darkness and do it all alone! It takes such a brave, strong pony to do what you do!” Princess Luna smiled warmly after hearing her sister’s thoughtful words, “And that pony is you. I walked a day in your shoes. I thought all you had to do was smile and be adored all the time, but I was wrong. There is so much more to it than that.”

Daybreaker laughed maniacally as she surrounded fire all over herself spirally, and Nightmare Moon was about to blast Daybreaker with a black and purple aura beam, but Daybreaker used the fire aura against the black alicorn. Starlight and Thomas panicked, as the boy hid underneath his auntie. Daybreaker started laughing maniacally, as her flames were spread on the pillars in the throne room.

“Don't do this to each other!” Starlight said. “Please! Please stop it! Please!” Thomas said, while he continued to cry. Daybreaker started walking over to Nightmare Moon. “In order to defeat Daybreaker, you need only to trust in your strength as I do,” Princess Luna said, as she and Princess Celestia smiled at each other.

Daybreaker lit up her horn, and so did Nightmare Moon, but as they shot magic from them, Princess Celestia stepped in and blocked both the auras with her wings. “You can't destroy me! I'm everything you want to be!” Daybreaker growled. “No, you're not! You are not real, and you will never exist again!” Princess Celestia said, as she spread her wings out and both Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker disappeared in a magical pop.

Princess Celestia landed on the ground, but laid there exhausted from the fight, and Princess Luna walked over to her and laid towards her level, “You did it!”

“Only because you were here. I don't know how you do this alone,” Princess Celestia said. “So, um, did you talk to yourself?” Princess Luna asked. “Um, a little,” Princess Celestia replied, and then she and Princess Luna laughed together. They then saw Starlight holding a sleeping Thomas in her foreleg. “Looks like he’s in a peaceful slumber now,” Princess Luna said. “Let’s go home. It’s probably time,” Princess Celestia said, and then they both returned to the waking world after a huge flash from Princess Celestia’s magic. As they got back, Starlight fell asleep next to Princess Celestia as the sun princess took Thomas and placed him in her forelegs so he can sleep with her. He was then snug and warm with her soft chest fur as he heard her heartbeat and hugged his Snuggle Bear teddy.

Princess Celestia smiled warmly and then gave him a kiss on the cheek, “Sweet dreams, little one.” Princess Celestia then rested her head on the pillow.


As morning appeared, Princess Celestia suddenly woke up, and felt like she had a good night’s sleep. “Mmm... what’s a pleasant experience that was,” she said. “Good morning, Princess Celestia!” Thomas exclaimed, as he was on her back. Princess Celestia suddenly jumped, and then laughed as she caused her breath. “Sorry. I brought us breakfast,” Thomas said, showing her a serving dish full of pancakes for them, including Starlight and Princess Luna. “I’m joining this time, since he and Starlight were kind enough to do it. Thomas wanted to surprise you in bed,” Princess Luna said. “Well, I’m flattered,” Princess Celestia said, as Thomas gave her a tray for herself, and then Princess Celestia and Luna had theirs with the mixed berries, and Thomas had his plain, and Starlight had hers with pineapples and peaches.

“Just like I usually do them,” Princess Celestia said. “I wanted to make this special for you and Princess Luna,” Thomas said. “I know you have to be perfect for everypony else, and you do an amazing job. But you don't have to do it for me all the time,” Princess Luna said. “I understand,” Princess Celestia said. “But it means a lot that you tried. I love you, sister.”

“I love you too,” Princess Luna said, as she and her sister hugged each other. Starlight was confused, “So... this was real. Or... was it not real, and this just happened now and-and not in my dream? I'm so confused.” Princess Celestia laughed, “It's all real. It was the right call going with your gut.”

“The map was wise to send you and young Thomas, Starlight. Nopony else would have been so bold as to do what you both did for us,” Princess Luna said. “That's a nice way of saying I came dangerously close to messing everything up,” Starlight said. Thomas nodded in agreement, “I’m just glad you’re back to being yourselves again.”

“It was just what we needed, dear. The experience has made us closer than ever,” Princess Celestia said, until both the princesses’ cutie marks switched back. “Wait. I'm not doing this,” Starlight said, until her cutie mark, and Thomas’s badge were glowing. “I believe that one means your mission is complete,” Princess Celestia said. “Wow! I can't wait to tell Twilight!” Starlight said.

Suddenly, Twilight appeared. “AUNT TWILIGHT!” Thomas exclaimed excitedly. “Sorry to disturb you, but I heard everything!” Twilight said. “I also got here because you forgot your toothbrush!” Twilight revealed Starlight’s toothbrush, which looked like Spike’s dragon design. “But this is a friendly visit!”

“It’s alright, Twilight,” Princess Celestia said. “Oh, uh, by the way, there's a field trip you need to make happen and a – ahem – timberwolf issue you need to address,” Princess Luna said, until Celestia was shocked. “W-What?”

Princess Luna then made a silly comment, “Oh! Look! There's the sun! Time for me to turn in!” Princess Luna then flew away, until Twilight turned towards Princess Celestia, “So, how did it go?”

“Oh, it went... rather well,” Princess Celestia replied, and then the two mares, and Thomas nodded in agreement, and they watched the sun rise over Canterlot together.