• Published 28th Nov 2020
  • 6,674 Views, 132 Comments

Homeless Sunset Shimmer - Sunny Solaire

  • ...
27
 132
 6,674

The Spirit of Thanksgiving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBlWgdmIYLM

You hold the door open for Sunset and you both head inside the Apple's home. Christmas music plays from a stereo and you see the whole gang is busy with different tasks around the house. Granny Smith and Applejack are in the kitchen, Rarity, Twilight, and Fluttershy are putting up some Christmas decorations, Rainbow Dash and Big Mac are playing video games, while Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo watch from the couch. Pinkie joins Rarity and Twilight in putting up decorations on the tree.

Time to make yourself known.

"How's it going, Apples?!" You announce.

Multiple eyes turn to you and light up immediately. "ANON!!"

The three kids run up to you and dog pile you in a big hug. They land on you hard and you fall on your butt as they begin talking all at once about how excited they are to see you, and what they want to do with you while you're here, and stuff like that. You laugh and return their hugs as best as you can.

Mac comes over to you pulls them off. "Alright, give him some air."

"Heh. Thanks, Big Mac." You smile.

He nods and grins. "No problem, Anon."

Mac is a bit quiet, but he's your bro. He helps you to your feet and you give each other a brohug before turning to everyone else.

Applejack comes up to you with a big smile on her face as well. Her cheeks are a little rosy as she looks at you. "Good to see ya again, sugarcube!"

"Good to see you too, Applejack." You give your old friend a hug and smile.

Fluttershy, Rarity, and Twilight all give you hugs as well while Rainbow greets you from a distance. There was a bit of a crowd around you now.

You mingle with everyone else for a second or two before Rarity gets your attention. "Excuse me, Anonymous, but who is this lovely thing you've brought with you?"

You look back at Sunset, who's standing there awkwardly with a small grin on her face.

"Oh! Where are my manners?!" You walk back to her and hold her hand. "Everyone, this little drop of sunshine is Sunset Shimmer."

She steps forward and gives a small wave. "Hi everyone. It's nice to meet you all."

The whole group collectively smiles and waves back.

"Well shoot! It's a pleasure to meet ya too, Sunset! Any friend of Anon's is a friend of ours!" Applejack grabs Sunset's hand and shakes it happily. "Name's Applejack!"

Sunset grunts a little as Applejack roughly shakes her hand. It makes you laugh a little bit.

As everyone else makes their introductions, you follow Applejack into the kitchen. "So, there's turkey and decorations and everyone's here now, but what's the occasion? Thanksgiving is tomorrow."

Applejack chuckles. "Well, we heard you were comin' back to town, so we decided to have a little pre-Thanksgiving dinner for friends tonight!"

Pinkie pokes her head in the kitchen. "Isn't it a great idea, Anon?! Two thanksgivings in one year! That's double the food and fun!"

Applejack points her turkey fork at her. "More importantly Pinkie, it's double the opportunity to give thanks for what we got. Now what did I say to you about settin' foot in my kitchen?"

Pinkie just giggles at her. "Silly Applejack! Only my head is inside the kitchen right now! I haven't set one foot in here!"

She's technically right. The whole "Not touching! Cant get mad!" approach.

It makes Applejack visibly frustrated.

You just smile and laugh. "Ah, I've missed you guys. It's great to see you again."

---

You are now Sunset Shimmer.

You're sitting on the Apple's couch while Rarity, Twilight and Fluttershy talk with you. The big guy, Mac you think his name is, is sitting next to the rainbow-haired girl and they're playing a video game. Anon went into the kitchen with Applejack and Pinkie followed them.

You don't know why, but... you don't like Applejack.

She's so nice and really friendly, but there's something about her that you just don't like. It makes you feel bad, because you really have no genuine reason to not like her, but you just don't. She's putting off a bit of a vibe. But she's Anon's best friend, so of course you'll be pleasant for him.

Rarity, Twilight and Fluttershy seem nice enough though. The rainbow-haired girl didn't even get up to introduce herself to you. She just said "Sup?" and went back to her game. It must be a good one. Oh well. You'll talk with her more later.

Rarity smiles at you. "So, Miss Sunset Shimmer, you and Anonymous are an item?!"

You grin and nod at Rarity. "Yup. We sure are."

She's bouncing with giddiness. "EEEEE! That's so adorable!!!"

It makes you laugh.

Twilight smiles at you. "We're really happy for you! Anon's such a great guy. You're very lucky!"

You take a quick glance at Twilight. "Yeah..." You smile and look over at Anon talking to Applejack. "...I sure am."

A collective "Aww" comes from the three girls around you. You feel yourself blush, but you don't do anything to hide it. You turn back to the girls and rub your arms sheepishly. You're just so happy right now.

"So?" Rarity scoots toward you. "Tell us all how you two met!"

Your smile fades and you look up at Rarity. "H- How we met?" She nods, her smile never fading. "Um..."

Twilight and Fluttershy are just as expectant as she is. You aren't sure how to start out. You don't really know how they'll react to you being a formerly homeless girl. You're sure they'll think wonders about Anon selflessly helping you, but it's too soon to tell if these girls will think highly of you as well. You did just meet them after all...

Still, you've gotta tell them something.

You clear your throat. "Well... We, uh... I was-"

A loud metallic clanging from the kitchen cuts you off. "SOUP'S ON, EVERYBODY!!!"

Applejack comes strolling out of the kitchen with a big turkey in her hands. She sets it on the table while Anon, Granny Smith, and Pinkie come out with the rest of the fixin's.

Rarity sets her hand on yours. "We'll just have to hear it after dinner, alright darling?"

She winks at you and stands up. You follow her and go next to Anon.

He sets everything he's carrying down and faces you. "Everything okay?"

You play with your hair a little. "Eh, kinda... Can we talk for a second?"

He looks a bit worried, but he nods. "Sure."

You both walk into the other room by yourselves.

You turn and look at Anon. "Rarity wanted me to tell her how we met."

Anon just looks at you. "Okay? What's the issue?"

"I just..." You sigh. "I don't know how comfortable I am with telling a bunch of strangers about me being homeless... I'm a bit worried."

Anon nods slowly as the realization hits him.

He gently grabs you by the shoulders and looks in your eyes. "You don't have anything to worry about, Sunset. These girls are some of my very best friends in the world. They aren't judgmental or anything, they're all very kind and will not think less of you at all."

You look back up at his smiling face and sigh. He's right. You need to calm down and stop worrying.

You nod slowly. "I'm sorry, Anon. It's just... I'm kinda nervous, that's all."

He pulls you into a hug and you hold each other. "Don't worry, I understand. If you want, we can tell them together at dinner. It's definitely gonna come up."

It would make it a lot more comfortable if he also told the story.

You take a deep breath. "Okay. Thank you."

He kisses your head. "I love you."

You smile. Oh, how good it feels to hear him say that.

"I love you too, Anon."

It feels even better to say it.

"Now, let's get back in there. We both know how much you love food." He releases you and winks playfully.

"Oh, please don't bring IHOP up." You say.

He giggles and you give him a playful smack on the arm as you both head back into the dining room. Everyone is gathered around the table. A few people are already sitting down.

Anon stops you and whispers in your ear. "Just a heads up, the only one you need to look out for is Rainbow Dash. She may give you trouble or poke fun, but she doesn't mean it. She's a big softie inside."

You eye Rainbow Dash sitting next to Pinkie Pie and Mac, laughing at something Pinkie said.

You nod and follow him to your seat. You sit down with Fluttershy on your left, Anon on your right, and Applejack sitting across from you. In front of you is a huge bowl of mashed potatoes.

The heavenly mixed aroma of turkey, gravy and stuffing fills the air. You now feel the realization of your hunger as a whole as you look up and down the table. Everything looks so good.

Granny Smith stands up and clears her throat. "Now listen here, young'uns. I'm mighty happy to have y'all here with us at this here Thanksgiving dinner. And it's good to have Anon back here with us so we can get to know his pretty little girlfriend he's got there too."

She smiles and points at you, making you blush and bashfully look up at Anon.

Anon smiles at you and wraps his arm around you. "Trust me, Granny Smith. No one is happier than me that she's here, I promise you."

You blush harder as a collective "Aww" comes from almost everyone at the table.

Granny Smith nudges Mac with her elbow. "You know Mac, you should see if Anon can show you how to get a girl like that. Lord knows you could use some lessons."

"Granny!" He shouts.

Everyone except Mac laughs.

Granny Smith sits down and rubs her hands together. "Now, lets say us a quick prayer an' get to eatin'!"

You all hold hands with each other and bow your heads. Applejack removes her hat and starts giving thanks for everything they've been blessed with.

As she prays, you are amazed that people who live this lavish and are this wealthy can still be so humble. If what Anon's feelings on how rich people act are true, then the Apple family must be an exception. They had to be one.

The Apples' home is enormous, and they live on a massive plot of farmland. Outside, you saw they have a huge garage that's probably filled with trucks of all sizes. There was an extreme amount of detail on every part of the house, both inside and outside. It was very clear that they were wealthy. Despite that, they're humble. You've never seen people like this.

These past few weeks have been very humbling for you as well. Maybe you could grow to like Applejack. You have no reason to not like her, so it shouldn't be too hard. If Anon trusts her, then you can too.

Applejack finishes the prayer and you all dive in.

The nice music comes back on and you all socialize with one another. You learn a lot about Anon's friends.

Fluttershy is really sweet and had a thing for animals. Applejack loved talking about her job on the farm, and had tons of stories about her brother and sister. Twilight loves reading and science, and was hoping to become a chemist. Rainbow loves sports of all kinds. She's hoping to get a soccer scholarship. Rarity is a total girly-girl who was into fashion and boys and all that. Pinkie is... well, you don't think you need to learn anymore about her. That car ride here gave you a good idea of what she's like.

Applejack's little sister Applebloom eventually asked about you and how you and Anon met. You got nervous again, but Anon grabbed your hand and squeezed it gently. You looked up at his eyes and smiled.

You trust him.

You both recounted your adventure of being on the streets for a while and about Anon selflessly taking you in, followed by him making you happy with your movies, your dancing to "Do You Believe in Magic?", and your overall positive attitude.

Everyone was listening closely as you both recounted your apartment catching fire and forcing you to get out of there.

"...until we both landed here a few hours ago." You conclude.

Anon nods. "But you know, despite all that, everything that happened..." He holds your hand and smiles. "...none of it matters. Because I have her to keep me happy and staying positive."

You blush again and cuddle up against him. "And I have him too."

There's another "Aww".

Rarity is practically in tears. "Oh, sweetie, you are so, so lucky to have found a man like Anonymous!!" She reaches over the table and grabs both your hands. "Promise me that you won't ever let each other go! You're too cute a couple to be apart now!"

Anon laughs and uses his free hand to cross his heart and cover one of his eyes.

"Ooooh! He Pinkie-promised!" Pinkie somehow pops up behind you two and whispers in your ear. "That means he's gonna keep his promise FOREVERRRR!!!" She smiles and stands back up. "He must really like you to Pinkie-promise something like that to you, Sunset!"

Anon perks up. "Pinkie, the word you're looking for is 'love'. Not 'like', 'love'."

"Oh, I see!" Pinkie stands there a moment longer before gasping. "Wait, LOVE?!?!"

You both nod.

"Yes, Pinkie. I love him too." You say with a smile.

Pinkie jumps up and down in place. "OOOOH I HAVE TO THROW A PARTY FOR YOU TWO!! I'll get a heart-shaped cake, some heart-shaped balloons, some cute lovey-dovey music for the dance floor, maybe a-"

"Pinkie!" Anon speaks up and somehow manages to make her stop talking. "How about we wait until after Thanksgiving and Christmas are done before we plan any more parties, okay?"

Pinkie nods. "Okie dokie lokie! That's probably a good idea! Too many parties at one time isn't very good!" She goes to sit back down. "Well, not to ME, but, only I'm me, so that doesn't count. I can party every day and rock 'n roll all night!"

You giggle and look at the scene around you. It's been a pretty perfect day, and you couldn't be more happy right now.

You resume eating your Thanksgiving turkey in front of you.