• Published 8th Nov 2020
  • 1,970 Views, 6 Comments

Nier: The Last Human - StardustSprinkle



What if Sunset wakes up, and finds out that she is the last human in existence?

  • ...
4
 6
 1,970

Covenant

"6334, 6335, 6336...Congrats! You did it!" Popola cheers as Sunset hits the 3 miles mark.

"Don't get too full of yourself," Devola adds: "You still have a long way to go."

"Thanks a lot!" Sunset says, panting for air: "I owe you guys so much! Thank you!"

"We owe you as much; it's our responsibility," Devola responds: "No need to thank us."

"You guys are too kind!" Sunset says, sitting down on the ground.

"No, no, don't sit on the ground!" Popola says, handing Sunset her spear: "It's dirty! Can you still walk? Let's find a better place to rest."

"I'll do my best," Sunset says, taking the spear from Popola's hand: "When you guys said a walking, I was expecting a cane, not a spear."

"It's Type 4O Lance," Devola explains: "It's the newest type from Yorha, and this one is specially designed for you. We can get you a cane as well."

"The spear is cool," Sunset says: "It's so light, though! What is it made of?"

"I don't know," Popola replies: "This one is made for you only. A normal 4O Lance would be much heavier."

"You guys are so kind! I have to do something in return!" Sunset says, standing up: "You guys did so much! I just have to do at least something!"

"We owe you as much," Devola says: "If you want to do something for us, then stay safe and take care of yourself."

"You don't owe me anything!" Sunset says: "If anything, I owe you!"

"It's a long story, but we are created to serve humans," Popola says.

"I still can't believe you guys are androids," Sunset says: "100th-century technology sure is amazing!"

"We wouldn't be here if not for humans," Devola says.

"If you think we are amazing, wait until you see Yorha!" Popola says: "They are the newest models. You've met 2B and 9S. They are something else."

"2B is the woman with short white hair, and 9S is the young man with white hair, right?" Sunset asks: "Why do they have blindfolds on?"

"It's not blindfold," Devola says: "It's some Yorha technology; they can see through it."

"Well, 100th-century technology sure is something," Sunset says: "Say, can I meet them sometimes? I want to thank them for saving me."

"They should be back by tomorrow," Popola says: "Actually, they brought you the spear."

"By the way, do you guys happen to know an android named Number 4?" Sunset asks.

"No, never heard of this name," Devola says: "If you want to know something, ask Anemone, she might know something."


"So, it's happening, ha?" 9S says while running.

"What?" 2B asks, running beside 9S.

"You know, the Commander recognized Sunset as a human and..."

"We are to keep it a secret, don't forget about this." 2B says: "And don't ever give anything to Pascal ever again."

"Fine," 9S replies: "Say, didn't Sunset want to meet us like now?"

"Yes," 2B replies: "watch your tone; she is our creator after all."

Sunset greets the two androids as they arrive at the camp.

"2B! 9S!" Sunset waves as the androids approach.

"Glory to mankind!" 2B stops running, stands bolt right up, and put a hand over her chest.

"G...glory to mankind!" 9S follows.

"Glory to mankind!" Sunset adds.

"Unit 2B at your service!"

"Unit 9S at your service!"

For the love of Celestia, say something! Sunset thought to herself, not knowing how to respond: Something, anything!

"It's my honor!" Sunset responds, with an akawark smile on her face.

"The pleasre is mine, ma'am." 2B says: "How can we help you?"

"I am wondering, do you guys remember the way back to my chamber?" Sunset asks, still in the salute position.

"Of course, ma'am." 9S says.

"Yeah, well," Sunset says: "I need to get something from that place, would it be ok if you guy come with me?"

"Of course, it's our mission to serve the human race." 2B says.

"Great! Thank you guys! Sorry to bother y'all but there's something I have to get back!" Sunset says: "By the way, you guys can call me Sunset, no need to be so formal!"

"So can we stop with the salute then?" 9S mumbles.

"9S!"

"Oh, of course," Sunset says: "Sorry, I didn't know when to stop so just kept doing it. I was waiting for you guys to stop."

"My apologies," 2B says, putting her hand down: "So, are we departing now?"

"Yeah, why not?" Sunset says: "How far way is that place? I haven't fully recovered yet."

"About 5 miles away, but we can take breaks." 9S suggests: "Plus, we can always drop by the desert camp if needed."

"That wouldn't be necessary," 2B says: "We can always carry you. However, if the circumstance requires, we could drop by there."

"So, eh, are we leaving now?" 9S asks.

"Yeah, of course!" Sunset says, knowing fully that it's going to be a rough trip.


"Say, 9S?" Sunset asks as they travel: "What do you think about humans?"

"What? Me?" 9S answers: "Humans are our creators, and I am honored to meet them."

"So, do you have any questions for me?" Sunset says.

"Actually, yeah!" 9S says: "What do you think of us?"

"Me?"

"Yeah! We are created to serve humans and take back Earth from the machines," 9S continues: "I know we didn't do that good of a job, but I am still curious as to how you feel about everything."

"Are guys are the greatest creation of the human race." Sunset responds: "Seriously, for all I know, you androids inherented our good side and didn't pick up the bad side."

"Oh, thank you! I am...flatered!" 9S responds nervously: "We'll do our best and fulfill our missions!"

"We won't let you down." 2B adds: "We'll fight as long as you are willing to guide us."

"Willing to guide you, huh?" Sunset says as a smile emerges from her face: "Of course, we won't let you down."

As long as we are willing to guide, right? Sunset thought to herself: Then fine, I'll be here for awhile. Let's each fulfill our part of the agreement.