• Published 8th Nov 2020
  • 1,970 Views, 6 Comments

Nier: The Last Human - StardustSprinkle



What if Sunset wakes up, and finds out that she is the last human in existence?

  • ...
4
 6
 1,970

Anemone's Journal

Dear Diary: Hi. It has been quite a week. I did my best to keep track of Number 9 9S, so he doesn't run into Number 2 and Sunset. It truly marvelous that they haven't run into each other by now. Yesterday, 9S returned to the camp minutes after Number 2 and Sunset left. I genuinely hope Sunset has a plan because it's only a matter of time before they meet. I don't know what was 9S up to, but he was severely wounded every time I see him. What was once a bright young man is now a depressed man seeking revenge. He has more in common with Number 2 than he knew.

Enough about that; perhaps I should spend some time talking about Sunset. She has been co-managing the camp with me. Her body may be fragile, but her mind is sharp. I expect no less from a human. Number 2 also says, 'you taught her well. The truth is, I never taught her anything. Perhaps I should ask Sunset who her teacher was if she had one. From what I learned, humans have to spend a prolonged period learning a specific set of skills from another, more experienced individual. Life must be rough if you have to spend so much time learning everything. Actually, Sunset told me that you forget most of it or never use any of the skills you learned anyway. How peculiar. I wondered why is this the case. However, Sunset told me that it's impossible to find out, and I shouldn't concern myself with matters like this. Maybe being a human isn't as great as I believed.

Also, Sunset gives me a piece of rock as a symbol of friendship. She told me it was a piece of magic portal to her home. When humans start to turn into salt, Sunset decided to destroy it so to protect her homeland. By doing so, she will never be able to return home. It's a sad story, really. She then told me that she wasn't close to her family anyway, so it's ok. I don't know if she was trying to comfort me, but it may not be a good idea to dig my nose into her past.

This morning, she got up at 5 and visited Devola & Popola's grave. The pair of twins saved her life, so it's understandable. Yet, Sunset is the only knows what the twins did (they were always hated for no good reason). Even so, she still paid her respect. I tried to get some info out of Number 2, but she doesn't know anything either. Apparently, the twins failed at a particular task which led to a catastrophe. Sunset won't tell anyone what that task is, so I shall respect her wish. Number 2 said that Sunset has been doing this ever since the twins died. Why though? It seems like humans like to engage in meaningless behavior repeatedly. Maybe, I should ask Sunset about it, so I may learn the meaning behind her actions.