• Published 8th Nov 2020
  • 1,970 Views, 6 Comments

Nier: The Last Human - StardustSprinkle



What if Sunset wakes up, and finds out that she is the last human in existence?

  • ...
4
 6
 1,970

A2's Journal

Sunset asked me to keep one so there is it. Guess I will just summarize my day: Nothing happened.

I'm back, Sunset told me to write more. She told me that she's not gonna read it, but it's great way to record good memories and look back. She asks me to write something interesting. Well, I've been by her side the whole day. Sunset doesn't want me to run into Number 9, believing that he will kill me. She's partially right, I'm getting soft. Is that a good thing? Who knows. If Number 9 ever lost his mind, I will then knock some sense into him. I hope Number2/2B can forgive me for that. Actually, speaking of interesting thingy, the necklace Sunset give worked. I pet Anemone on the shoulder and imagines images start to pour into my head. It's creepy and I asked for none of that. Anemone was amazed, not offended, which is good. I told Sunset about it, and she didn't believe me. So I tried it on her. Guess what? Nothing happened. Sunset tried it on me, and nothing happened either. I tried it with Anemone again, and nothing happened. Not sure what that was, but ok. Speaking of which, I should give her something. I received a gift, and I should give something in return. Maybe a Pod? Those boxes are annoying, but useful. I fished one up a couple of days ago, and it should be good to go tomorrow. After tomorrow, we will be able to call each other any time we want to. Hopefully, she will allow me some freedom afterwards. I understand her concerns, but I am capable of protecting myself.

One thing always bugged me is Sunset's well-being. She appears normal and friendly, but something isn't right. Sometimes, when she thinks she's alone, Sunset would stare into the space for hours. If you look into her eyes at that moment, you will see nothing. Eyes are the window to one's soul, that is what Sunset taught me. If that's the case, her soul must be dead at that moment. If you call her name, she would not respond. Only physical touch (a tap on the shoulder or something) or loud noises can snap her out of it. What bothers me more is the look on her face when she comes out of that state: It only lasts for a few seconds, but she looks...I don't know how to describe it. It's sad and disturbing, especially considering how optimistic she is all the time. I tried to talk to her about it, but she would just change the topic. Sometimes, she would start a conversation with a really weird look on her face (looks like she's gonna cry) and then change the topic and her expression all together. I don't know much about humans, but that ain't normal. Maybe when all these is over, we can talk it out.