• Published 10th Nov 2020
  • 446 Views, 8 Comments

Dream-Mix: Predawn - ScarfStar



The Aether, a mysterious energy begins its return to Equestria. While the Mane 6 are transported to another world to meet unknown characters . New powers and adventures await them.

  • ...
 8
 446

4: D/D Tower Control

“A dark cloud and a gate huh?”

Noland yawned and tipped his hat down as he leaned against the fountain. He was still with Twilight within the rest area, the relaxing sunset sky still shimmering above them.

“Such a large one appearing in the sky and forcibly transporting you is rare. It’s meant for moving large amounts of land, not specific individuals.”

Twilight nodded to him while making notes with her magic, while also levitating the card she’d been given, as well as floating in the air and even firing off a few explosive sparks into the air like fireworks.

“Well it’s not the first time my friends and I have ended up in situations like these.It’s not something completely unheard of in Equestria.”

She effortlessly conjured up a purple sphere to surround her while still keeping the other activities going. It really was like a dream! Her mind wandered as she considered new possibilities and advances in her magic.

Wait! Like a Dream?

It was just like the incident with the Tantabus. Did the Princesses know what was going on? Whereabouts were her friends? These thoughts caused Twilight to momentarily lose her concentration and suddenly she dropped to the ground with an eep.

Noland stifled a chuckle but he remained composed leaning against the fountain still.

“I didn’t detect anyone else in the town besides you and Kamella. I’m guessing your friends ended up someplace else entirely. Definitely not in this-”

He cut himself off and looked off in the distance briefly.Twilight had recovered from her fall and was busy with her notebook, she then stared at him curiously.

The pony(?) was frowning now as if he’d seen something concerning, she was about to ask what was bothering him when she felt a sudden shiver. It was an odd feeling; it felt familiar yet abnormal. It felt like…

“...Magic” She muttered and looked off in the distance where she was sure it was coming from.

Noland blinked and looked back at Twilight puzzled as she began staring as well.

“You can feel it too?”

Yea…and I think it’s coming from that tower.”


Something big was definitely brewing at the tower. The tall structure was emitting a dim glow like a lighthouse in a vast fog. In the sky above, dark clouds began to stir as the roof opened up.

"Reactor 2, output normal."

A voice called out and a hooded unicorn wearing a pale white cloak materialized onto the tower, she was accompanied by a pair of humanoid and futuristic looking machines. They were much taller than the pony and had a slim torso as well as hook-like feet. An arm guard on one hand and a cannon on the other.

The robots positioned themselves on separate parts of the now opened roof while more joined them.

"Adjust the balancer to ...0003!"

Several robots emitted a surge of electricity and a large grey infinity symbol appeared in the dark clouds above the tower.

“Raise the power!"

The flooring of the roof gave way and revealed a large orb of light. More power flowed into the symbol in the sky and the clouds swirled in motion.

"Check reactor source. 1, 2, 3, OK!!"

"Release the energy, code infinity!!"

The whole tower glowed with energy, the dark clouds,the orb and robots producing large amounts of electricity. The unicorn held her hooves up high towards the sky.

“Open the gate!” She cried out and the infinity symbol in the sky began to spin at an unbelievable speed. A swirl of grey energy transforming into…pink?

“What the!? I-impossible…” The unicorn stepped back and instantly slammed her hoof into the ground producing a field of energy around her.

The now pink symbol shattered and the orb on the rooftop unleashed a burst of energy knocking all the robots off the tower, causing them to plummet into the town below. The top of the tower was destroyed in the blast leaving only the hooded unicorn within her forcefield standing.

After dropping the forcefield there was yet another surprise. A blue comet fell through the sky and crashed into the tower. This time knocking the unicorn off as well!

“...scrap,” She muttered to herself as she fell from the tower.


The blue comet had caused more destruction upon entry. It had crashed through several floors only stopping after going through one reinforced with a thick wall. Upon arrival the light from the comet faded revealing a sleepy Pinkie Pie, she was resting her head on a fluffy blue pillow which suddenly faded leaving behind a blue button which was instantly entangled in her bushy mane.

The cold floor disturbed Pinkie’s slumber causing her to yawn and rub her eyes.

“I could really go for some cupcakes or a better bed,” She suddenly gasped at where she was and quickly stood up.

“HUH!? What kind of bedroom is this?”

The room she’d crashed into was plain and empty besides the insanely large red/blue diamond in the center. Her eyes lit up excitedly as she skipped over for a closer inspection. It was shiny and ominous like a special rainbow ice cream they’d sell in Cloudsdale. She knew exactly what to do!

Eyes sparkling with curiosity, she reached out a hoof and gently poked the diamond. It shimmered brightly with its inviting aura and she felt a rush of energy like she had just eaten sugar or had powered up like that time with Tirek.

This feeling didn’t last long however as the diamond shattered into sparkly pieces, Pinkie shielded her eyes briefly and surprisingly an aqua green unicorn fell to the ground in front of her. The pony had a pink mane and was wearing a pair of golden goggles with orange lenses as well as a gold and red lined white jacket.

“Ya visit a new place and suddenly you’re public enemy number one,” He mumbled before dizzily looking up at Pinkie Pie.

“Nice hat by the way,”

Surprisingly, Pinkie of all ponies was speechless at what she’d just witnessed before she shook her head quickly.

“Hat? I’m not wearing any…” Though it turns out she was suddenly wearing a blue wooly hat with a matching hooded jacket now. The symbol of laughter for a zipper as well.

“Oh…I guess I am. I hadn’t noticed!”

She had no idea when the clothes appeared but she trotted in place excitedly and poked at her new zipper and even poked the end of the hat curiously before turning her attention to the flopped pony.

“Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie! Nice to meet ya~” She chimed. “ What were you doing in that diamond? And in this room”

Pinkie quickly glanced around the room and then at the huge gaping hole in the wall she’d crashed through.

The pony steadily got to his hooves and moved his goggles up to his forehead revealing a red right eye and a green left one.

They stuck me in here, I guess I’m famous,” He poked his tongue out mockingly and gestured to the trio of robots that were now watching from the open door. Cannons raised and pointed at the two ponies.

TARGET SIGHTED

Author's Note:

Art by Pridark!