• Published 3rd Oct 2020
  • 2,694 Views, 28 Comments

Kind hearted Demon - Hydreigon_Omega



Meliodas, and his pig friend Hawk, are transported to another world by a cult who summoned them. Where the cult want to over throw the princesses, so Meliodas decides to play their game for a while, until they find a way home.

  • ...
4
 28
 2,694

Crystal Tavern

The group of companions have been traveling for a few more hours. Not to raise any alarm, they stopped flying and walked the last half mile. Seeing a creature with dark purple wings, that were almost as big as he is, would be kinda terrifying. Whenever one of them got cold, Meliodas would use Hell Blaze to keep them warm. It was just after nightfall when the three of them made it to the crystal empire.

“Meliodas,” Stella said, “would you mind telling me about the seven deadly sins?”

“The seven deadly sins are a group of elite holy knights made to defeat the ten commandments. Each one of them has committed an unforgivable sin.” Meliodas said, “There is King, who is Bear sin of sloth, Ban, Fox sin of greed, Merlin, boar sin of gluttony, Gowther, Goat sin of lust, Escanor, Lion sin of pride, and there is me, Meliodas, dragon sin of wrath.”

Stella let out a small chuckle, “you don’t seem to be very wrathful,” Stella said, “Infact, you are the exact opposite.”

“Just because it is the sin I represent,” Meliodas said, “Doesn’t mean that I am always angry. It just means my anger has gotten the best of me, that was my deadly sin.”

“Happens to all of us.” Stella said, “No one is perfect.”

“I understand that,” Meliodas said, “But my wrath and anger has wiped an entire kingdom off the map.”

“Sweet Celestia,” Stella said in shock, “You have to be the strongest of the seven sins.”

“Actually,” Hawk said, “Escanor is at least 10 times stronger than him.”

“He’s joking.” Stella said, “right?”

“Nope,” Meliodas said, as he saw something in the corner of his eye. It was a sign that said, ‘Bartender Wanted for Hire.’ Meliodas went inside the small building, “Come on Stella, I think I found a job.” Inside it was relatively empty, other than the group, there were 2 unicorns, 3 pegasi, and an earth pony.

“Welcome to the Silver Crystal Tavern.” An older looking unicorn said, “Anything I can get you?”

“I would like to know If you're still hiring?” Meliodas asked,

“Yes we are,” He said, “My name is Alex Stonewell, I own this relatively small Tavern. If I employ you, I need to know your name.”

“I am Meliodas, and back home, I used to run The Boar Hat Tavern.” Meliodas said, “It was relatively small in size, but many people loved it.”

“Well then Mr. Meliodas,” Stonewell said, “I am glad to have you hired as the new Bartender.” Stonewell then noticed Stella standing behind Meliodas, “Sorry, I didn’t notice you, can I get you something Miss?”

“Um, no thank you.” Stella said, “I am just travelling with Meliodas.”

Not too long after her statement, a large low growl could be heard. Everyone turned to look at Hawk.

“How much longer till lunch?” Hawk asked, making Stonewell jump in surprise. “What, You act like you’ve never seen a talking pig before.”

“That's because pigs normally don’t talk.” Stonewell said as he recomposed himself.

“Well anyways,” Hawk said, “When’s lunch, we have eaten at all today yet.”

“Here let me make you all something to eat.” Stonewell said, as he moved to the relatively small kitchen. He arrived back at the bar carrying three salads for Meliodas and his friends. “I hope you like it.”

“They actually look quite delicious.” Stella said with a smile, “Thank you for the meal.”

Upon eating the first bite, it was like heaven. Despite being a simple salad with very little season, it tasted extraordinary. Meliodas was enjoying his meal when he heard a bell ring, he looked over and saw a small bell being rung by some kind of magic or enchantment.

“Is it already that time?” Stonewell asked,

“Huh?” Meliodas asked, “What do you mean?”

“The evening shift for the royal guard is over.” Stonewell said, “In about three minutes, we will have at least 40 members of the royal guard, not including the captain himself.”

“I see, so I might as well start getting to work.” Meliodas said as he moved behind the bar, “Stella, if you need anything just call for me.”

“Actually,” Stella said, “I was hoping to stay with you and help a bit.”

“Okay,” Meliodas said, “You might be able to help, Just ask Mr. Stonewell if he needs help anywhere.” Meliodas heard something, it sounded like an earthquake.

“They are here.” Stonewell said, “get ready for your first day of work here.”

“Eh it's easy,” Meliodas said, “I may just need a little help learning the names of the drinks.”

There were a whole bunch of guards getting in line at the bar. “AYE, misshapen centar,” One of the guards said, “I’ll take a Hydra Venom.” The next one ordered a Zebranica gold, then next was a Luna’s MS. The names of the drinks were foriegn to Meliodas, but he understood the language well enough to know which one they were talking about. A little less than an hour had passed when he had finished serving everyone (or everypony) their drinks. Some came back for seconds or thirds on their drink. All of them were starting to party a little too hard.

“You smell nice,” A unicorn guard slurred out as he sniffed Stella main, “We should go and make foals.”

“Hey,” Meliodas said, walking over to the guard, “You're making my friend uncomfortable, so could you please stop.”

“What ya gonna do about it? Ya hairless ape” The guard said, starting to get offensive, “Ya don’t even have magic.”

“You need a breath mint.” Meliodas said as he flicked the drunk pony and sent him flying through the door, breaking it down in the process. “Are you okay Stella?” Meliodas asked, making sure she was fine.

“Yeah I’m fine.” Stella said, “Thanks for helping me out Meliodas.”

“It was nothing,” Meliodas said,

“Nothing!?” A unicorn guard said, “You took out one of my best guards with a single finger.”

Meliodas turned around to look at the pony, “And who are you?”

“I am Shining Armor.” He said, “Captain of the royal guard, and the prince of the Crystal Empire by marriage.”

“Nice to meet you,” Meliodas said, “I am Meliodas,”

“Well Meliodas, I would like to personally invite you to the royal guard.” Shining armor said, “It pays a lot better than working in the tavern.”

“I’ll put it under consideration.” Meliodas said, “But as of right now, I have to politely decline.”

Shining Armor’s face went blank, “You're turning down a personal invite from the head of the guard. Do you understand how rare those things are.”

“Yes, I am aware.” Meliodas said, “I am trying to go home, so I am not planning on staying here forever. So unless something happens, I am turning down your invitation.”

“Are you worried about your friend?” Shining armor asked, “I could make sure she would be protected with the female guards.”

“No, that's not the reason,” Meliodas said, “If I were to join the guard, all of them would grow lax and week and rely on me to protect the kingdom. Like I said, I am not planning on being here forever, so when I leave, there would be a massive gap in strength.”

“I don’t understand what you're saying.” Shining armor said,

“He is basically saying that he is too strong for the royal guard.” Hawk said,

“Is that pig talking?” Shining armor asked, “Or am I drunk?”

“Yes, the pig is talking to you.” Hawk said, “My name is Hawk.”

Shining Armor looked at the clock on the side of the wall, it was about a quarter after 10. “Sweet Celestia,” Shining armor exclaimed, “Cadence is going to kill me if I don’t get home soon.” He said as he ran off somewhere.

“Who’s Cadence?” Hawk asked Meliodas

“I think she is his wife.” Meliodas replied


Meanwhile in Celestia chambers.

Celestia let out a gasp as she woke up in a cold sweat, as she tried to recall the events that happened in her dream. “Another demon?” Celestia told herself, “No, it can’t be. It's impossible, that thing was too strong to be a demon.” Celestia’s face went ghostly white, “The Prophecy of the Second Sun.”

Three knocks on the door soon followed. “Sister?” Luna said, “Is everything alright? When you woke up, you startled just about everypony in the castle awake.”

“I am fine sister.” Celestia said. “But do you know if we have the Prophecy of the Second Sun in the Secret Library.”

“I think so.” Luna replied, “Why do you want that old book?”

“Let's just say I have a hunch about something.” Celestia said, “I think it would be best to reread it.”

“You had another vision didn’t you?” Luna asked with a sigh

“Yes,” Celestia replied hesitantly, “Apparently that Demon isn’t the only visitor we’ll be seeing.”