• Published 20th Oct 2020
  • 208 Views, 4 Comments

To the stars and beyond - punkrose



A constellation that manifests randomly,a scientist who believes in alicorns,a beast straight out of a fantasy book...the life of Fluttershy takes an unexpected turn the night she's visited by a princess in her dreams,entering a legend.

  • ...
 4
 208

~Chapter 5~It's Just the News

As she woke up in her bedroom,two things came upon notice.

One,the famed constellation still reflected on the sky after a quick peek behind the curtains.Giving away a sign for having woke up in the middle of the night.Its presence was usually of short matter.

And two,she was certain of detaining the strangest dream in her existence.What would make it strange?It was just a job as a librarion.

Ah!She met a peculiar lavender alicorn,not stopping to ask for directions and other mindless whatnots.But it was sensefull,wasn't it?To have dreamt of an alicorn in this particular night.She felt as if she was back in her filly days,when she would have heard of the legend of the illustrous Nightmare Moon who haunts the dream of ponies,and would be appalled by the prospect of it.

Notheless,it would explain the abrupt awakening when faced to one.

Notheless,this alicorn didn't have an ounce of mischief in her at all;it looked like the presence of the constellation held a bigger impact...

She made her way back to her bed,carefull not to wake up the young dragon sleeping thight in the basket.The feet of her bed filled in his light snores.She gave a small smile at the sight of his peaceful slumber.After three years of living in her cottage,the basket she gave him to sleep in was starting to adopt his own size.Only furthering the point that he will outgrow it and that she should get him a new one.Time sure does fly.

She sank idly in the mastress to catch up on her restfull hours,before the chirping of birds revealed itself quicker to reach her ears.That was fast.

Fluttershy extracted herself from her sheets.Reaching out to the window,she opened it fully with the both of her hoofs.The sunrise orange innocently blazed her feathers,the soft breeze played in her locks.It was peacefull not to think of the mornings she missed:

"I haven't seen the time pass...,"she rested her elbows on the low cross.

The birds greeted her with a louder singing.One even perching himself on her muzzle,sharing his toughts with her trough a chirp.Fluttershy let an undertanding smile grace her lips,coming to grounds with his interaction:

"Sure,I'll let him now,"she responded.The bird took his flight whitout missing a chance to chirp in return as a way of thanks.

"Spike,time to wake up...come on,"she pressed on,the room drowned in sunlight,"don't forget to feed the birds with the brownies left in the oven,I'll have to get going..."

"Got it,"he raised his claw in affirmation.Still resting under his sheets.

She slightly shook her head at this image,but still trusted him enough to fulfill his task.

"I'll leave the breaksfast in the dining room,as usual."

"Thank yoouu..."he gratefully responded,now with a motivation.

The breakfast took her a longer time,catching up at her peacefull dream getting a disturbance.Now,how's that for a break?She didn't need to call out anyone,but it was fun to revisit your dreams with a clearer view of reality.But no,even in reality we would take apart her moment of peace:

"Oh,Rarity,what are you doing here?"Fluttershy filled in the sureal vision of her friend at her door,checking on her pristine hoof with smug pride,"you have time to accompany me to work?"

"Yes,yes whatever.It's not the most important part but if you're invested,I let Sassy Sadles run the boutique in Canterlot."

"Okay,then if it's not too much trouble,how about the one in here,"Fluttesrhy counter parted,reflecting her nonchalantic way,"you know,Ponyville?"

"It's Sweetie Belle."

Now,did she catch her in her act,she had no way of backing up from this:

"Spare me the serious frown darling,it was merely a joke.The only reason for my presence is to annouce you the great news!"

Before she could place one,her histrionic friend spinned around and carried on a monologue about mysteries in the core of space,constellations and matching hats.

"...and you who wanted more time to observe the Alicorn constellation,when I red the journal I knew I had to tell you right away.This is going to be big Fluttershy,do you think we could meet famous scientists and...other important pon-..."

"Let me take a guess,it's still visible in the sky?"

"Darling,the big reveal!"Rarity was horrified beyond measure.This was out of the script of imaginary cinema.

"Well,"Fluttershy bothered to explain,"I simply have a wistful insight and oh!A good view through my window!"

"You're no fun."

Nonetheless,she rose a hoof to catch all the attention around her:

"It's not all,I can still play my card,"the unicorn manifested a newspaper in a spark of magic.Levitating it under the gaze of her friend,she explained as Fluttershy red the article shown:

"There is a conference held in the Ponyville Astronomic Observatory,where a newcome scientist will answer the questions related to this unfamiliar event."

"A newcome scientist?"

"He's from Trottigham.That's all we know for now...,"Rarity scoffed,an amusing fact making its way,"honestly that's the only thing he mentions,as if he has no other clue..."

She dutifully shook the piece of sheet in her magical grip,knowing what's coming next:

"...of course,you're invited.Allowed to take one or two friends with you."

"So I guess the Plus Two would be Rainbow,right?I mean,if she wants to..."Fluttershy simply couldn't picture her athletic friend partaking in those kind of events.That was until she saw Rarity's micheavious grin spread on her face:

"Don't worry dear,she will.In the name of Friendship...or else."

In a tight hug did she find herself caught in,yellow feathers and blurted thanks,by her visibly taller friend.She affectionaly returned the gesture,wrapping her in her arms:

"Oh,it's nothing really."

"Are you going to keep me company on the road,?"

"Now that's a grand idea.Oh,it reminds me that I haven't found the perfect match for the caps we'll be wearing there.Rainbow will have one too,I already designed..."

They made their way to the pegasus' clinic,the chats reaching mindless subjects and shameless gossips,at last fading into small talk.The perspective of having a definitive answer around the constellion enchanted Fluttershy.But the location of this scientist triggered an air of familiarity she haven't yet experienced.

Trottigham,where could've she heard its mention?