• Published 21st Sep 2020
  • 561 Views, 37 Comments

A Collection of Unfinished Stories - LunaEclipsed15



This is a collection of all of my unfinished MLP stories. Feel free to use these as ideas for your own stories or finish them however you like.

  • ...
3
 37
 561

A Thousand Years (T)

Author's Note:

After her friends have all died, Princess Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria. After spending a century in a depression, Princess Twilight suggests she goes and talks to Princess Cadance. The two have a conversation about love, friendships, and moving on but not forgetting.
Companion piece to Love Story, but not necessary to read to understand this.

Sunset laid on her bed in Canterlot Castle, sobbing into her hooves. In front of her sat a picture. It was one from her wedding. She and Twilight were standing in a beautiful forest at Camp Everfree. Twilight’s pink princess dress shimmered in the light and Sunset’s icy blue gown fell around the two of them as she held the bookworm to her chest, their rings glinting in the light on their entwined hands.

She looked up at it and more tears flowed from her eyes. The fur on her cheeks was tear stained and mattered. She lifted her wings and pulled them tighter around herself, trying her best to close herself off from the world.

Sunset vaguely heard hoofsteps approaching her bedroom. The door was open after all. She just didn’t care anymore. It had been over a century since they left the human world after all her friends and wife’s death and she still couldn’t get over them. She didn’t forget. She would never forget. She cried almost everyday, missing them. The new princess of the sun barely convinced herself to raise and lower the sun every morning and evening, delegating most of her tasks to Princess Twilight.

The elements of harmony connected Twilight and all her friends. They wouldn’t die, at least not for a very long time. Seeing them around broke Sunset’s heart more than it already was. They were all carbon copies of the girls she loved more than anything.

Twilight wouldn’t lose them, but Sunset, she had lost everything.

Her mom and aunt had died off almost half a century ago. Her wife and friends had all died relatively close to one another. She could barely recover and grieve one before the next one was gone too. Rarity, then Applejack, then Pinkie, then Rainbow, then Fluttershy, then Twilight. All dead within two years. Her mother-in-law and father-in-law, who had loved her like their own daughter and served as her parents when her mother lived in another world, gone. Her niece, daughter, and the rest of her in-laws were dead too. She had returned to her world only once, to be beside her daughter on her deathbed when old age finally caught up to her.

“Sunset.” A familiar voice cut through her sobs. Sunset started crying harder.

“Sunset, you didn’t show up to lower the sun.” The princess of the moon and friendship walked over, climbing beside her on the bed. Sunset didn’t respond.

“You haven’t been you, not since you came home,” The princess said.

“This isn't my home anymore. Twily was my home. Skyla was my home. My friends were my home. And now they’re all gone!” Sunset wailed. Princess Twilight scooted away a few inches.