• Published 16th Sep 2020
  • 198 Views, 5 Comments

Lilac's Fall - CyrenesSiren



When the body of Roseluck is found, Crystalline Eclipse begins to notice something, off about her girlfriend, Lilac Fall. What she find out shocks her to her core.

  • ...
 5
 198

Chapter Three

Lilac had calmed down, and now was just staring at Crystalline as she moved around the kitchen. Crystalline had a worried expression painting her face, and kept glancing at Lilac every so often.

Meanwhile, Lilac had a blank expression, her cheeks matted from tears, and her hair a mess. Lilac had her ears pinned back, and her tail was limply laying on the ground.

“Lilac, you sure you’re okay?” Crystalline broke through the silence, and Lilac jolted her head up to meet her gaze. Jumbled thoughts flew around inside her mind, but she settled on one long enough to vocalize something.

“No, but yes,” Closing her eyes and lowering her head to the table, Lilac swiveled her ears to face Crystalline.

“Lilac, please don’t get mad at me for asking this, but why did you react as you did to Roseluck’s death?”

Lilac's blood ran cold. Her heart sped up as she searched her mind.

“I..”

She opened her eyes and stared at Crystalline.

“Lilac, you can tell me why,” Crystalline smiled softly at her, moving a tiny bit closer.

“We, we went to preschool together,” Lilac coldly responded. Her ears pinned back again. “I had a small crush on her when we were younger and before I met you. We had been close friends. It shocked me, that’s all.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Crystalline moved closer again and gave Lilac a soft kiss on the cheek. “I didn’t know that, sorry again,” Crystalline moved away, her ears lowered.

“Why did you have blood on your hoof?”

Crystalline paused mid-step and turned her head back to Lilac, “What?”

“You asked me a question I get to ask you one. Why did you have blood on your hoof,” Lilac's cold expression and monotone voice chilled Crystalline to the core.

“I was helping Fluttershy out with a few injured animals, I couldn’t save one of them and it hit me hard so Fluttershy sent me home. I forgot to clean it off before I got here,” Crystalline tried to keep a steady voice but it crumbled as emotion washed through her. “Sorry if I scared you with that.”

“Oh, okay, well-”

Knock, knock.

Crystalline snaps her head to the door and moves towards it. “I’ll get it,” Lilac nodded as she watched a pale glow encase Crystallines horn, then the door handle. With a quiet creak the door was pulled open. “Oh! Hello there!”

“Hello there miss, Crystalline Eclipse, is it?”

“Yea, that’s me, who might you be?”

“I’m Tsunami, a journalist for the Equestria Times, and I’m covering the-” Tsunami lowered her voice, “-the murder of Roseluck.”

“Oh, well, come in.”

“Thank you, I would just like to ask you a couple of questions.”

Lilac flicked her ears and turned her head towards Tsunami, who had paused and was staring at her.

“Lilac? What the hell are you doing here?” Tsunami pinned her ears back, her eyes narrowing and her professional demeanor slipping.