• Published 16th Sep 2020
  • 198 Views, 5 Comments

Lilac's Fall - CyrenesSiren



When the body of Roseluck is found, Crystalline Eclipse begins to notice something, off about her girlfriend, Lilac Fall. What she find out shocks her to her core.

  • ...
 5
 198

Chapter 1

Lilac sat on the couch, crossing her hind legs and leaning back comfortably. A soft smile crossed her face as her eyes drifted shut, weariness from the day prior overcoming her.

She was unsure how long she sat there, on the verge of sleep, but she jumped when the door to her home swung open softly. Her minor surprise melted into joy as a deep grey unicorn mare walked through the door. The mare had a rich grey coat, with white hooves and a white marking on her face, and her horn was white as well. The crescent moon with three spots below it on her rump resembled a cutie mark, but Lilac knew better. A choker around the mare’s neck had a necklace hanging from it, an onyx crystal held by gold hanging down onto her chest fluff.

“Hi sweetheart, how was your day?” Lilac felt the words slip out of her muzzle and watched as Crystalline’s ears perked towards her, a smile spreading across her face.

“Hello Lilac,” Crystalline paused to yawn as she approached the white and grey striped mare. Crystalline’s maroon eyes locked onto Lilacs light blue/pink ones. Lilac glanced down, blushing as her girlfriend pulled closer.

Lilacs eyes landed on Crystallins right hoof, and Lilac gasped. Her own hooves reached down to take it, and fear played through her senses as she pulled it closer, looking at the red that was staining the pure fur. “Crystalline, what’s this?” Crystalline glanced down, and paled, attempting to pull her hoof back.

“Nothing, darling, let me go get that cleaned off,” Lilac backed away, sensing an air of fear and regret wash through Crystalline. Nodding, Lilac placed the hoof back on the ground and gave Crystalline a light peck on the cheek.

“I love you,” Lilac whispered, smiling at Crystallins retreating form.


The tears had already begun streaming when Crystalline entered the restroom, Her breaths were short and stilted, her whole body shaking as she fumbled with the faucet. It eventually turned on, and she stared into the flowing water.

What do I tell her…? She knows I wouldn’t hurt a soul, would I? What did I do…

Crystalline began to furiously scrub at the fur on her hoof, effectively scrubbing the dried reddish color out of it and down the drain. Tears were flooding her face, and her breaths caught in her throat, effectively bringing sobs out. She flared her magic up, turning the shower on to full blast.

Curling up on the floor she sobbed openly for a few moments, before just stopping and staring off into nothing. A few moments of silence later she sat up and stumbled into the shower. As the scalding water poured over her body, a memory she had tried to push down flared up. A memory of her rocking a dead creature, its warm blood spilling onto her right hoof.

Oh right, that’s what happened.