• Published 28th Aug 2012
  • 956 Views, 21 Comments

Fortepiano - Aevus



Allegro has fallen for a high class musician, what will he do?

  • ...
4
 21
 956

A Star in Gold

You slowly drift into consciousness. The smell of a newly cleaned room fills your nostrils. You look around and notice that you have a terrible headache, like really, really terrible. You turn your head again and are greeted with the sight off a nurse. She has a white coat and a red cross with four pink hearts surrounding it.

She's writing something down on a clip board and as you look over she doesn't notice. She notices you're awake after about a minute of this and hands you a letter.

"Straight from Twilight Sparkle, said to meet them at the Wonderbolts stadium. You're free to go when you want, just be out and at the stadium by 7. That's when the performance starts." You nod and try to stand, your head spins for a second but then returns to normal. You test out a couple of steps, they go well enough so you decide to go.

Then you remember what happened to Octavia. You turn to see the nurse gone so you decide to find and ask a doctor. On the way out of the door you close your eyes and try to think over what had happened. When you're walking down the hallway you bump into someone.

"Sorry." You both say simultaneously. You open your eyes and instantly recognize who it is.

"Conundrum Enigma!" You shout pulling him into a hug. Conundrum was one of your closest childhood friends. Your parents had kept you away from him though. They said that he was a bad influence, that just because his cutie mark was a little weird that he would ruin you. For 10 years he had done just the opposite, always at your side, always backing you up.

Since your parents had split you up you had only seen him for small amounts of time at school. Your parents had gone out of their way to see that you two never had any classes together. He seems surprised by the hug at first but then realizes it's you.

"Allegro! I haven't see you in like forever!" You two pull out of the hug. "So, who's life going?" This question throws you off guard, life lately has been kind of all over the place. You got accepted into the Orchestra, but on the other had Octavia did just get stabbed so yea.

"Life has been.... interesting lately." You reply after a moment. "Some good things have happened and some bad things have happened."

"Oh, like what?" He asks.

"Well I did get accepted into the Royal Canterlot Symphony, but on the other had my friend just got stabbed so yea........ Life's all over the place now a days." He cringes a it at the part about Octavia being stabbed. He contemplates his words before saying them.

"Well, yea. That is all over the place. What are you doing today?" You think for a second, trying to recall what you were doing just a second ago.

"Well first I'm going to visit my friend that got stabbed, then somepony named Twilight Sparkle invited me to the Wonderbolts Stadium, and after that I guess just sleep." He nods and is on his way, he had to go visit his mom, she was sick and he wanted to be with her as much as he could. You continue down the hallway and soon you here the sound of a mare crying, but not just any mare.

It was Vinyl.


---

You follow the sound until you come to a large white door labeled A-12. You push the door open and enter. The first thing you notice was that Octavia was not yet awake, but she was breathing. Vinyl was sitting in a chair not far away from her. She didn't look over when you entered so you walk over and sit down next to her.

You wrap a leg around her neck and she leans into your mane and continues to cry. She cries for what seems like hours but is really just a couple of minutes. She stops crying for a second and then says something.


"What if she doesn't make it? What if I wake up tomorrow and she's gone?" She begins to cry again. "Sh-she's all I ha-have!" She once again leans into your mane and cries. You gently run your hoof through her mane, causing her at first to lock up, but then she relaxes.

"Shhhhh. It's ok Vinyl, everything is going to be ok. I have to leave now, but don't worry. Octavia will be okay." Vinyl slowly pulls away from you and waves you off.

"Good luck wherever you're going." She says as you walk out of the door. You make your way to the exit of the hospital by following the signs on the walls. When you step out cold air hits you. A small breeze flows through your mane and you set off for the stadium.

It's only a short jog away once you get your bearings. As you arrive you take in the beauty. The stadium rises high into the air, dwarfed only by the castle itself. The center of the arena is made of cloud, while the outside is made of a white marble. It eloquently curves and flows like it was made of water, frozen in the middle of a wave.

You walk up to the door and a guard stops you.

"Halt, do you have a pass of any kind?" The guard is a regular celestial guard. Golden armor shining in the light of Celestia's beautiful day. You nod and show him the letter. He quickly steps to the side.

"Ah, there you are." Says a purple unicorn as you enter, she looks like somepony you've seen before. You just can't for the life of you remember. "You're Allegro, right?" You simply nod and walk to greet her.

"You must be Twilight, it's good to meet you and all, but why exactly am I here?" You ask in the most serious voice you can muster. She giggles a little at your serious voice.

BOOM

A huge explosion echos through the room, and before you can ask who it is a streak of gold zooms past you. The streak slows to a stop and lands next to you. The streak turns out to be a pony. This pony is pure white and has a gold and grey mane and tail.

"That reason would be me." He says.

---

OCs in this chapter:

Conundrum Enigma, OC for Citpo, Page here.

Gold Star, OC for Demon killar, Page here.