• Published 4th Sep 2020
  • 823 Views, 17 Comments

Sunset Shimmer and the Castle of Everfree - HAKDurbin



When master thief Sunset Shimmer discovers that the money she robbed from a casino is counterfeit, she goes to the country of Everfree, rumored to be the source of the forgery only to discover a plot involving the love of her life.

  • ...
6
 17
 823

Chapter 12

It was almost noon the next day, and the main road to Castle Everfree was packed with cars. Drivers were honking their horns despite knowing that they were completely stuck, surrounded by other vehicles close to each other. Some of the drivers decided to park their cars and take a nap on the driver's seat while waiting for traffic to move. Others chose to hold picnics with their families or let their children run and play in the field while they and their spouses stayed in their cars. No matter what anyone did, however, there was no chance that anyone was going anywhere.

But while everyone else accepted that they were trapped, a blue car was driving on the grass beside the road. A plump moderate orange man with a white beard that covered half of his face dressed in gold and white robes was playing with the large hat in his hands as he sat on the back seat. His chauffeur was struggling to drive through the grass while being careful not to hit anyone along the way. Unfortunately, his path was blocked by a blue couple who had set up a table and umbrella next to their car and were sitting on folded chairs, playing cards under the shade.

The chauffeur honked his horn and asked, "Hey, could you two get out of the way? We're trying to get to Castle Everfree."

"Join the club, buddy," The blue man with dark grayish phthalo blue hair said. "Everyone's trying to get there."

"But this is the Archbishop back here," The chauffeur said, pointing at the orange man in the back with his thumb.

"Doesn't matter if he's the king of the world, dude. It's completely jammed up ahead," the blue woman with rainbow hair said. "They say there's a landslide about seven kilometers from here."

"But we can't miss the wedding," the Archbishop said. "I'm supposed to marry the queen and the prince."

"Hey, I feel ya, Your Holiness, but there's not much that you can do," the rainbow-haired woman said. "You're gonna need a miracle to get to that wedding on time."

The Archbishop grew anxious and tightened his grip on his hat. He bowed his head and started praying while his chauffeur tried to think of a way past the traffic. Just then, they heard the sound of someone walking over to them, and they turned their heads to see Applejack walking over to the car, carrying Winona with both arms.

"Excuse me, but would you by chance be the Archbishop?" She asked.

"Yes, that is me," the Archbishop replied. "What can I do for you, my child?"

"I was wondering if you could bless my dog," Applejack said. "Poor girl hurt her paw while playing out in the field."

Winona let out a whine, pretending to be in pain. The Archbishop sighed before he made a sign of the cross at the collie. Then the chauffeur noticed Applejack's caretaker clothes and asked, "Hey, do you live around here?"

"Yes, sir. I do," Applejack said. "I live in a cottage not too far from Castle Everfree."

"Do you know another way to the castle?" The Archbishop asked.

"Sure, there's a couple of country roads that are rarely used," Applejack answered. "It's not a smooth ride, but it'll get ya there."

"Could you show us the way, please?" The Archbishop asked.

"It would be my honor, Your Grace," Applejack replied with a smile.

"Fantastic. Hop in," the chauffeur said.

Applejack nodded, and the Archbishop opened the back door for her to get in. After she placed Winona on the car floor in front of her seat and put her seatbelt on, the Archbishop asked, "What is your name, my daughter?"

"Name's Applejack, Your Holiness, and this here is Winona," Applejack replied.

"Applejack, Winona, bless you both," the Archbishop said, crossing the gamboge woman and the dog.

"Now, now, please hold your praises, Your Holiness," Applejack said. "We've got quite the journey ahead of us."


********************************************************************************************

Back in the city, the festivities were livelier than ever. Banners were hanging up on top of buildings, and people were waving Everfree flags out on the streets. Some of the roads were cleared so that people could play music and dance, and tourists were wandering all over the place, taking pictures, or interacting with natives.

On the main road, two, two-story buses with large satellites installed on top of them were driving down toward Castle Everfree. The people nearby were cheering and shouting out hello to the buses as they passed by. Flash was in the leading bus, sitting in the passenger seat dressed as a field reporter with sunglasses, a black wig, and a hat to cover his face. A man named Micro Chips who had pale, light grayish violet skin and dark grayish sapphire blue hair wearing glasses was driving the bus. A third secret agent with light grayish amber skin, and grayish harlequin and moderate pistachio hair named Sandalwood was driving the second bus. Flash was waving back at the people, pretending to be invested in the festivities until he heard a voice.

"Are we almost there?"

"Almost, Twilight," Flash replied without looking at the grayish mulberry woman hiding behind his seat. "More than likely, the royal guard will want to make sure we really are Canterlot 9 News, so make sure your squadron stays hidden."

"Got it," Twilight said.

She turned around to where Spike and half of her troops were cramped in the back of the bus. Having overheard Twilight and Flash, Spike took out his walkie-talkie to inform the rest of their squadron hiding in the second bus that they were close to the castle. Twilight gave her brother a small smile as she sat next to him.

"How are you feeling, Spike?" She asked.

Spike shrugged and said, "I'm a little uneasy."

"Thinking about Rarity?" Twilight asked.

"How can I not be?" Spike asked. "She was so upset that we have to go back, and after everything you told me about the catacombs and traps and everything, I'm worried that we won't be enough. Rarity already worries whenever I'm away as it is. I hate to think of what she would do if we get killed inside that castle. She's probably going to be watching it live at home."

Twilight smiled and wrapped her arm around her brother, saying, "Don't worry, Spike. There's no way there will be death traps in the chapel. There are going to be dozens of country officials in that place. The queen wouldn't dare use up traps in front of people like that. Worst case scenario, we're only going to be dealing with the royal guard, and we've faced them before. How much more threatening can they be in a few days."

Spike smirked and said, "Probably less threatening with that big dumb oaf, Captain Tirek, leading them."

"Exactly," Twilight said with a giggle. "Besides, I won't let anything happen to you. Rarity will kill me if you get hurt, remember?"

"Yeah, I do," Spike said. "And you better make sure that the whole squadron gets out in one piece too. We're all risking our necks and, most likely, our jobs helping you, after all."

"Deal," Twilight said.

Spike smiled at his sister appreciatively, and the other officers gave the inspector approving looks. Meanwhile, the buses were entering the front gate of the castle, where two butlers were waiting for them. Twilight, Spike, and their troops got as close to the floor as they could with the tight space they were in as Flash, Micro Chips, and Sandalwood got out of the buses to greet the servants.

On the second level of the castle, Cozy Glow and Tirek were watching the men disguised as a film crew discuss where they will be shooting with the butlers. The teenage maid grinned at the sight while Tirek watched skeptically.

"I still don't think it's a good idea to have a film crew here," he said.

"Well, the queen thinks it's a great idea, and I agree with her," Cozy Glow said. "She wants everyone to know that her marriage to the prince is completely legitimate and that their union is a historical event."

"Be that as it may, I feel we should be keeping an eye on them," Tirek said. "We've never allowed the news media to enter the compound before."

"That's why those two butlers are there to make sure the film crew doesn't go somewhere they shouldn't be," Cozy Glow said.

Tirek hummed and nodded in approval before the two of them noticed a blue car entering the compound. The car parked behind the two buses, and a maid stepped in to open the back door to reveal the Archbishop.

"Excellent. The Archbishop arrived just in time," Cozy Glow said. "The queen will be pleased."

The Archbishop came out and crossed in front of the maid as a way of blessing the women. Then he faced the castle and made a cross in front of it too. Cozy Glow bowed her head and crossed herself, making Tirek raise his eyebrow.

"Since when have you become religious?" He asked.

"I'm merely playing my part to pretend we share the Archbishop's beliefs," Cozy Glow said. "Besides, there's little harm in praying just to be sure that Sunset Shimmer doesn't somehow disturb the wedding."

"I thought we all agreed that you killed her," Tirek said.

"She might have succumbed to her wounds, but we can't say that for a fact when we haven't found the body," Cozy Glow said. "My Shadows and I are going to be hiding all over the chapel in case Sunset Shimmer tries anything. You and your men just focus on guarding the front gate."

"Understood," Tirek said.

Cozy Glow looked down from the balcony and smirked as the Archbishop walked toward the castle entrance. The guards were bowing their heads as he passed by them. Cozy Glow made a sinister chuckle with her mouth closed and said, "The Queen has been waiting a long time for this day, and everything has to be perfect. Nothing's going to make me happier than to see my mistress find that treasure she's wanted all of her life."

Tirek sneered and said, "Ever devoted to the queen till the end. Eh, Cozy Glow?"

"Till the very end, Tirek," Cozy Glow confirmed. "Till the very end."


**********************************************************************************************

It was a minute until nine o'clock at night, and the chapel was packed with high-class people, officials, and royal families from countries all over the world. Dozens of candles lit up the stage where the Archbishop stood in front of the altar. On the right side, Flash and Micro Chips were high up on a balcony where Flash was holding a microphone, and Micro Chips had a large camera set up on a tripod while Sandalwood had another camera set up on the left balcony. Flash took deep breaths through his nostrils, getting ready to get into character for when the ceremony started.

Eventually, the sound of the clock tower ringing nine times outside announced that it was 9 o'clock, and everyone in the chapel became silent. The Archbishop raised his hand and said, "Let the ceremony commence." A woman began playing the pipe organ, and the audience turned around to face the entrance. Two butlers opened the doors to reveal maids and butlers dressed in black robes and pointed black hoods with eyeholes holding swords with both hands standing in two lines. They marched down the aisle until they covered both sides of it, and then faced each other and held their swords up to make a saber arch.

Finally, Adagio and Rough Draft entered the chapel with Adagio's arm wrapped around Rough Draft's. The queen was wearing a white dress with a long golden train and wearing a large, golden crown covered in rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and other jewels. The crest of the Celestial family was strapped to her chest with golden sashes for everyone to see. Rough Draft wore a black tuxedo with the crest of the Lunar family sewed to the upper left side of the coat that was partially covered by the boutonniere in the colors of Adagio's skin and hair attached above it. On his head was a silver, crown half the size of Adagio's.

The queen smiled as she walked down the aisle with her groom, playing the part of a blissful, innocent bride with her eyes fixed on the Archbishop who will unite her with the man of her greedy desires. Rough Draft, on the other hand, showed no emotion as he walked down the aisle. His pupils were so small that his eyes looked like plain, green circles, and his movements were wooden as if he was a robot. If anyone noticed the prince moving like a zombie, they didn't say anything out of respect.

Once the bride and groom made their way to the Archbishop, the hooded servants lowered their swords and faced the stage as the woman on the stage stopped playing the organ.

"My children, we are gathered here today to witness the union of Queen Adagio Kristina Dazzle of the royal family of Celestia, and Prince Rough Muriel Draft the third of the royal family of Luna in the bonds of holy matrimony," the Archbishop said. "May we have the proof that you are the legitimate heirs to the ancient families?"

Adagio turned to a hooded butler standing next to the stage and nodded to him. The butler stepped up to the Archbishop, holding the rings in a maroon and gold pillow. The Archbishop nodded and said, "The exchange of these rings shall reunite the two families who have been divided for centuries as is custom under Everfree law. By your own free will, do you, Adagio, consent to this marriage between you and this man?"

"I do," Adagio said proudly.

"And do you, Rough Draft, consent to this marriage between you and this woman?" The Archbishop asked.

But instead of an answer, Rough Draft continued to stand still like a statue. The audience looked at each other confused, wondering why the prince wasn't giving the Archbishop a response. Adagio turned her eyes to Rough Draft, and her smile grew, knowing that Rough Draft was unable to say no.

"If you choose to remain silent, we shall assume that the answer is yes as is custom," the Archbishop said. "All present shall bear witness that the groom expressed silence as his consent. Do you agree?"

"We do," the guests say simultaneously.

Adagio resisted the urge to grin as the Archbishop grew closer to pronouncing her and Rough Draft man and wife. The Archbishop held up his right hand and said, "May God bless you with this unity, my children. Now, let us have the rings, and we shall -"

"I OBJECT!"

The audience jumped and looked around the chapel, startled at the sound of a woman shouting coming from all over the hall. Adagio frowned and the Archbishop wondered what was happening while Rough Draft continued to stand still.

"I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS WEDDING TO GO ON!" The voice boomed. "IT IS AN ILLEGAL AND UNHOLY PLOT TAINTED BY CENTURIES OF MURDER AND DECEIT!"

The audience grew worried as they still could not figure out where the woman's voice was coming from. It seemed as though it was coming out of thin air. Adagio's frown deepened as it became clear whose voice it was. Suddenly, the blade of a samurai sword stuck out from the center of the altar and zoomed around it, cutting the altar in half in a perpendicular stroke. The top half of the altar slid down, causing the tall cross to wobble before falling off, front first. Adagio, the butler carrying the rings, and the Archbishop ran away with the Archbishop moving Rough Draft away before the cross landed where they were standing with a loud crash. The candles lighting the chapel suddenly went out, and the crowd panicked while the hooded servants surrounded Adagio, Rough Draft, and the Archbishop with their swords drawn.

After a moment, a light came out of the hole in the altar. Everyone but Rough Draft watched Sunset emerge from the hole, sitting on a chair that Starlight and Tempest were supporting using carrying poles. The amber woman's head was completely covered in bandages save for her left eye. Tempest held her sword with her free hand while Starlight had her anti-tank rifle strapped to her back and was holding a lantern with her free hand. The guests grew fearful as Sunset spoke in a ghostly voice.

"I represent the helpless victims of five hundred years of villainy," she said. "Tonight, the Celestial family shall be recognized for the blood they have on their hands."

Adagio clenched her teeth as she realized what Sunset was doing. The guests were confused as to what she was talking about while still afraid of the bandaged figure. The Archbishop whimpered as he backed away while holding his arm in front of Rough Draft defensively.

"God, help us! It's an evil spirit!" He cried out.

"No, it isn't, you fool. It's just a woman trying to scare you," Adagio said.

On the balconies, Micro Chips and Sandalwood had their cameras focused on Sunset, Starlight, and Tempest while Flash held the microphone close to him with a mischievous smirk as he got into character.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like the criminal mastermind known as Sunset Shimmer has crashed the wedding," he said. "The woman that Queen Adagio said died from her wounds appears to be alive. But what could she be talking about with her claims of the Celestial family having murdered people for centuries?"

"Rough Draft. Rough Draft. Rough Draft, can you hear me?" Sunset called out.

But Rough Draft remained still like a lifeless doll. Adagio stood in front of Rough Draft and the Archbishop as Starlight and Tempest carried Sunset toward them.

"Oh, Rough Draft, my poor prince," Sunset said. "They drugged you, didn't they? The queen didn't want you to be able to speak against marrying her! Curse you, Queen Adagio! You'll pay for taking away his free will!"

The guests' fear began to die down, and they whispered among themselves, wondering if what Sunset said was true. Adagio furrowed her brow and raised her hand towards the criminals. Without hesitating, the hooded maids and butlers charged towards them, and Starlight and Tempest dropped the chair and moved away.

At that moment, Rough Draft uttered a soft groan, and his pupils slowly returned to normal size. He heard the sound of blades piercing through something relentlessly as the drug started to wear off. When he completely regained consciousness, the first thing he saw was Sunset's body dangling in the air with the servants holding her up by their swords, impaling her body. His stone face turned into a look of devastation, and it took a second before he found his voice.

"SUNSET!!!"

He took a step to run to the body, but the Archbishop forced him back while he screamed, "NO!!! NO!!! SUNSET, NO!!!" The guests gasped in alarm at the disturbing sight of the dangling body while Adagio let out a triumphant laugh.

"At last, there is no doubt that the master thief, Sunset Shimmer, is dead!" She roared. "Let her friends die, knowing that they have attempted to kidnap my groom for the very last time!"

Starlight and Tempest moved back as the remaining hooded servants surrounded them with their swords ready. Tempest took a defensive stand with her sword while Starlight took out her rifle and aimed it at her enemies. Rough Draft kept trying to break free from the Archbishop’s grasp until he began to break down in tears. His legs gave out, and the Archbishop caught him before he got on his knees. The prince cried out loud until he heard a soft voice whispering in his ear.

“Don’t cry, babe. Your sunshine isn’t going away that easily.”

Rough Draft stopped crying, and he lifted his head and looked around, wondering where the voice came from. But then he heard a hissing sound and all eyes were on Sunset's body, which was inflating like a balloon. The body exploded with a loud boom, and everyone moved back in alarm. Sunset's voice could be heard all over the chapel again, roaring in laughter while pieces of paper flew all over the place.

"How do you like my wedding gift, Adagio?!" She shouted. "Countless counterfeit money from all over the world that your printing presses have made! Consider it my payment for Rough Draft and the rings!"

The guests were confused again as some of the fake money landed in their hands, and they started looking closely at them. Adagio was livid as she and her servants looked around, wondering where the thief's voice was coming from. She then looked down to find Sunset's head in front of her feet and found wires and gears appearing below her neck. The queen growled in anger as she smashed the mechanical head with her foot.

"Stay alert! She could be anywhere!" She barked.

But while they looked around, the Archbishop looked at the rings the butler was holding with a mischievous grin. He looked around to make sure no one was looking before he reached out and snatched the rings off of the pillow. The butler looked down and gasped loudly, and Adagio turned her head to find the rings missing. Her anger turned into shock until she heard the Archbishop giggling. She turned to see him holding the rings with his left hand and his right arm wrapped around Rough Draft's waist.

"Well, would you look at that," he taunted in a singing voice. "I have something you don't have."

"What is the meaning of this?!" Adagio barked.

The Archbishop giggled again in response before he reached under his neck and ripped his face off to reveal Sunset, giving Adagio a mocking grin. Adagio and her servants looked at the thief dumbfounded while Sunset threw the mask into the ground and knocked her hat out of her head to let out her fiery red and yellow hair. Rough Draft took a moment to process what was happening before his face lit up like a candle, and he pulled Sunset into a tight hug. Adagio clenched her teeth again as her groom kissed her enemy’s cheek.

"Shimmer!" She screamed. "How dare you make a fool out of me at my wedding!"

"It's your fault for not getting rid of me when you had the chance, Adagio," Sunset said. "I told you I don't die so easily."

"You'll pay for this with your life!" Adagio barked as her hooded servants surrounded Sunset and Rough Draft.

"I don't think so. I still have plenty of tricks up my sleeve," Sunset said. "Or have you forgotten that I don't have a stout figure like the real Archbishop?"

With another giggle, Sunset spread out her arms to reveal several dozen lit fireworks strapped underneath her cloak. Before anyone could react, the fireworks shot up and exploded into the air. The guest screamed and ran out of the chapel, while Adagio and her servants covered their eyes from the flashing explosions.

Adagio opened her eyes to find Sunset sticking her tongue out and lowering her eyelid at her before she put the rings in her jacket pocket, wrapped her arm around Rough Draft again, and fired her grappling gun at the ceiling. Before the queen could run towards the thief, the grappling gun lifted Sunset and Rough Draft into the air. Once they were at the height of the chapel's glass windows, Sunset stopped pressing the button, leaving her and Rough Draft hanging into the air. She swung her body back and forth until the two of them burst through one of the windows.

The queen shut her eyes, closed her fists, lifted her head, and let out a scream of rage that was drowned out by the exploding fireworks. She took her crown and veil off her head, ripped the long train off her wedding dress, grabbed a sword from one the maid's hands, and ran out of the chapel. All the while, the Canterlot secret agents were recording everything live with Flash still announcing with a grin.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this has been an unexpected turn of events," he said. "The notorious Sunset Shimmer has run away with Prince Rough Draft, and Queen Adagio Dazzle is chasing after them. And now it looks like Sunset Shimmer's companions are about to fight the queen's guards and some strange ape-looking figures."

Starlight cocked her anti-tank rifle as Cozy Glow, and her Shadows appeared from behind the hooded servants that were surrounding her and Tempest. Starlight fired her rifle at one of the assassins charging after her, and the bullet zoomed through the assassin's chest and sent the body flying, toward the servants behind him. The Shadows and armed servants looked at the limp body in horror while Starlight looked at her rifle in awe as if it suddenly turned into gold. She laughed like a madwoman before aiming her rifle again at her terrified enemies.

"Yeah! How do you like that?! Not so tough when your armor don't mean jack, are you?!" She boasted. "Now, who wants to go next?! Don't be shy! I'll give a big, warm welcome to anyone who wants to go toe to toe with Starlight Catherine Glimmer!"

The purple woman laughed maniacally again as she continued to shoot anyone who came near her. Meanwhile, Tempest took another defensive stance with her sword as two hooded butlers came at them with their swords. The dark orchid woman swung her blade as quick as a flash, and the blades came off of her enemy's swords. The two men looked at their broken swords in shock while Tempest zoomed past them to cut off the blades of her other opponents' swords.

While the hooded servant stood still defenseless and dumbfounded, some of the Shadows charged at the samurai. Tempest smirked as she dodged every thrust from the assassins before she did an uppercut with her sword, slicing through a Shadow's arm. The Shadow screamed in pain as she watched her hand fall off her arm like a dead tree branch. The other Shadows looked at her in disbelief before they turned back to Tempest, who was chuckling with a toothy grin.

"Finally, some action worthy of my blade," she said.

The assassins looked at each other before they bravely attacked the samurai, hoping that their numbers would prevail. Flash's grin grew as he watched Starlight and Tempest take down their opponents.

"What an exciting turn of events," he said before turning to the entrance. "And what do we have here? It looks like Inspector Twilight Sparkle from Canterlot has come in with her squadron."

Micro Chips and Sandalwood moved their cameras to the entrance where Twilight, Spike, and their troops came in with their clubs and shields. The grayish mulberry inspector yelled, "Charge" before they raced toward the fighting, ramming their shields at the hooded servants from behind. Some of the Shadows noticed the police and came over to attack them, hoping they would be easier prey, but while they had no means to take down their enemies because of their armor, the squadron stood their ground as they blocked the Shadows by huddling together to create a wall of ballistic shields.

"The Canterlot police are putting up a fierce fight against Queen Adagio's force," Flash announced. "And it looks like the queen's royal guard is about to join in."

As the police forced the Shadows back, Spike heard the sound of men letting out battle cries behind him. He turned his head to find Tirek and his guards charging after them with their swords ready.

"Twilight, they're here!" He called out.

Twilight turned her head to see the guards coming, and she raised her hand that was holding her club, shouting, "Take point in the rearguard!" The troops formed into a circle just in time to block the charging guards. Tirek and his men hit the police's shields while the police pushed back. Before long, the police were surrounded by hooded servants who lost their swords huddled together, trying to push the police back like football players.

"Stand your ground!" Spike shouted. “Do not give them an inch!”

“Spike, I need you to keep them occupied,” Twilight replied. “I’m going to lead Flash to the printing presses.”

Spike turned to his sister and nodded, saying, “Go. Do what you got to do.”

“Thanks, Spike,” Twilight said. “Don't forget, Rarity might be watching the broadcast, so be careful.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Spike said.

The siblings gave each other one last look before Twilight got on her hands and knees and crawled past the Shadows and hooded servants, unnoticed. Spike took a deep breath before he raised his club and shield and turned to Tirek, who was attacking Derpy.

"Hey, peabrain! Remember me?!" He called out.

Tirek turned to the shorter man, and he growled like an animal. Spike grinned as he walked over to the captain, holding up his club and shield like a medieval knight getting ready to fight a ravaging beast.

"You!" Tirek snarled. "You should have stayed in your prissy country when you had the chance!"

"And you shouldn't have had all of your men guard the front gate," Spike said. "Or are you too dumb to think that we could have hidden inside the news buses in the courtyard and get inside the castle before you could do anything?"

Tirek growled again and yelled, "That's it! I'm gonna break your head open and crush every bone in your body like twigs!"

"Bring it on, Bigfoot!" Spike shouted.

******************************************************************************************

Back in Canterlot Castle, Commander Harshwhinny was walking down the halls of the palace. Two guards were walking close beside her with stone faces as though they were taking a prisoner to jail. The brilliant orange woman kept her chin up, refusing to show a hint of concern. The guards guided her to one of the towers where a cross Chancellor Neighsay waited for them in his office. There was a TV on the left side of the room where the broadcast of the wedding was showing. Harshwhinny glanced at the television where she could see the police, Starlight, and Tempest fighting Adagio's people on the screen. Chancellor Neighsay waved his hand, and the guards saluted before leaving the office, closing the door behind them.

For a moment, the room was silent apart from the sound of the fighting coming from the speakers.

"Commander Harshwhinny, did I or did I not tell you that your case regarding a so-claimed counterfeit operation in Everfree was closed?" Chancellor Neighsay asked.

"You did, Your Excellency," Harshwhinny replied.

"And did you knowingly defy orders by having Agent Sentry go back to Everfree to find said operation with Inspector Sparkle who is subject for suspension?" Chancellor Neighsay asked.

"No, Your Excellency," Harshwhinny answered.

"Then how do you explain the inspector's squadron in Queen Adagio's chapel fighting her security with Agent Sentry pretending to be an announcer?" Chancellor Neighsay asked.

Harshwhinny turned her head back to the TV, where the fighting was still happening just in time to hear Flash's voice from the speakers.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have never seen such a heated battle," he said. "Look. There's Canterlot's very own Lieutenant Spike Sparkle facing Captain Tirek of the Everfree royal guard."

Harshwhinny turned her head back to the chancellor and said, "Simple. I gave him a new assignment, and allowed Inspector Sparkle and her squadron to go with him with the commissioner's consent."

"Consent?!" Chancellor Neighsay barked. "She's subject to suspension! She isn't allowed to go anywhere!"

"The commissioner does not share your train of thought, chancellor," Harshwhinny said.

"What do you mean?" Chancellor Neighsay asked.

"Interestingly, while he did find Inspector Sparkle disobeying orders out of character, he found that there are regulations against outright suspending an officer just for disobeying a superior one time," Harshwhinny said. "Furthermore, the commissioner found the way you disregarded clear evidence after seeing it for himself along with the testimonies of Sentry, Sparkle, and her squadron peculiar."

"Are you insinuating something?!" The chancellor snarled.

"Not at all," Harshwhinny replied before turning her head to the TV. "Speaking of which, though, what do you suppose Inspector Sparkle is up to?"

Chancellor Neighsay turned his head to the TV to find Twilight sneaking her way past the fighting to the broken altar. She looked up to face the camera and pointed at the staircase beneath the remains of the altar with a grin.

"What's this? I think Inspector Sparkle is trying to tell us something," Flash said. "Could it be that she knows where Sunset Shimmer took Prince Rough Draft? Let's go to our remote camera and find out."

"Why would he think Sunset Shimmer took the prince there?" Chancellor Neighsay asked. "She escaped with him through one of the windows using some grappling thing."

"Oh, did she?" Harshwhinny asked.

Chancellor Neighsay glared at Harshwhinny and said, "Cut the act, commander. You know she did."

"Actually, I don't," Harshwhinny said. "I haven't been watching much of the wedding before you summoned me, chancellor."

Chancellor Neighsay kept his glare on Harshwhinny, refusing to believe what she was saying. He then turned back to the TV where Flash had climbed down the stairs from the balcony, holding a camera on his shoulder to meet Twilight behind the altar.

"Inspector Sparkle, this is Canterlot 9 News," Flash said. "What is it you found?"

Isn't it obvious?" Twilight asked with a smug look. "There is a staircase hiding where the altar used to be. Wherever it leads, Sunset Shimmer must have taken Prince Rough Draft there."

"And what makes you think Sunset Shimmer would take him there?" Flash asked.

"Years of tracking her down, my good man," Twilight replied proudly like a teacher teaching a student. "Wherever you think she was going is a trick. She led Queen Adagio away so that she could get away with the groom unnoticed, but after investigating this area, I can deduce that Sunset Shimmer went down to this secret entrance with the prince. What she doesn't know is I've figured out her scheme, and I'm going to catch her by surprise and bring her to justice at last."

"Can I come with you to witness your victorious feat?" Flash asked.

"Absolutely!" Twilight chirped. "Follow me!"

"What do they think they're doing?" Chancellor Neighsay asked. "Are they looking for the counterfeit money?"

"I don't think it's appropriate to say they're looking if they're heading to a place they've already found," Harshwhinny said.

The Chancellor winced at the commander's explanation. Harshwhinny looked at the leader of Canterlot curiously while he watched Twilight run down the staircase with Flash running behind her with the camera.

"Sunset!" The grayish mulberry inspector called-out in a singing voice. "Oh, Sunset Shimmer! Your crime days are over, you no-good, thieving, rapscallion!"

Chancellor Neighsay clenched his teeth and shouted, "Pull them back, commander! Call then off now!"

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Your Excellency," Harshwhinny said, giving the chancellor a smug look. “Even if I wanted to, there's no way I could contact them before they reach their destination."

Chancellor Neighsay let out a frustrated growl and said, "I'll see you all imprisoned for this."

"I don't know, chancellor. I don't think you will have the right when it's revealed that the Horse Bills are real," Harshwhinny said.

"They are not real!" Chancellor Neighsay growled.

No sooner did he make that claim than Twilight and Flash made it to the bottom of the steps, and opened the door in front of them to reveal the hall of printing presses. The two of them let out over dramatic gasps as Flash moved the camera around to show the entire room.

"Inspector Sparkle, what are these machines?" He asked.

"Oh me, oh my. Those look like printing presses," Twilight said, facing the camera with her hand on her cheek.

"Printing presses? What could they be for?" Flash asked.

Twilight frowned and squinted her eyes as she said, "I don't know, but I'm going to find out."

Harshwhinny covered her mouth to hide a snicker while Twilight and Flash were walking towards the presses.

"You know, those two are terrible actors, but at least they are having fun," she said. "Wouldn't you say, chancellor?"

But when she turned to the chancellor, her snickering stopped, and her amusement turned into a look of confusion. Chancellor Neighsay stood up from his seat with his eyes wide and his mouth hanging open in apprehension. He stared at the TV as though it had turned into a carnivorous animal, preparing to pounce at the man if he made a wrong move. The commander of Canterlot's secret service looked askance at Chancellor Neighsay before she then turned back to the screen where Twilight picked up a large sheet of bills and let out another overdramatic gasp.

"Why this is Yakyakistan money," she said.

"Why is that being printed here in Castle Everfree? Could those be counterfeit?" Flash asked.

Twilight put her hand on her cheek again, pretending to be shocked. She looked closely at the sheet and ran her fingernail through it before she gasped loudly again.

"Oh my goodness. Yes, they are indeed counterfeit, she said. "The best I have ever seen. And look over there."

Flash turned the camera to where Twilight was looking and said, "Oh, would you look at that? I see sheets of fake money for Mt. Ares, Saddle Arabia, Aquastria, the Crystal Empire, Griffonstone. Good heavens, even Marapore, the Dragonlands, and Somnambula."

"Marapore? Somnambula? But those countries are practically half a world away," Twilight said.

"Inspector Sparkle, could Queen Adagio, the ruler of Everfree, be sending fake money to every nation in the world?" Flash asked, turning his camera back to Twilight.

"Oh, dear. I think she is. What a surprise," Twilight replied.

"What a surprise indeed," Harshwhinny said with a grin. "And now no one can deny that the Horse Bills exist and are being made in Everfree, right chancellor?"

But when she turned her head to look at the chancellor again, she found him still looking afraid. The brilliant orange woman tilted her head in curiosity, wondering if something else was on his mind. The terror in the man's moderate turquoise eyes grew when Flash suddenly turned the camera to a desk containing several folders on a rack.

"Inspector Sparkle, what do you suppose are in those folders?" He asked.

Twilight walked over to the folders and took one out to look at its contents. She stood still like a statue for a moment, staring at what was inside the folder in disbelief before she shook her head, took out a handful of papers from the folder, and held them up in front of the camera.

"These are orders for fake money," she answered.

"Unbelievable! The queen must have secret clients all around the world," Flash said.

"Indeed, she does," Twilight said as she started looking through the papers. "There are orders from the Flim Flam brothers from Las Pegasus, Emperor Sombra of the Crystal Empire, Chief Ahuizotl of Tenochtitlan Basin, fashion designer, Suri Polomare of -"

Twilight's voice died in her throat as she looked at the next order. She covered her mouth to hide a giggle before she got back into character, held the piece of paper in front of the camera, and said something she didn't expect to say.

"There's even an order from Chancellor Neighsay of Canterlot."

Chancellor Neighsay's gray skin turned pale. He could hear Flash trying not to snicker from the TV speakers while Twilight covered her mouth again with the orders to hide a giggle. Harshwhinny covered her mouth in shock before turning to the horrified chancellor with a smug look.

"Well, well, well, this explains an awful lot," she said.

Chancellor Neighsay snapped out of his terrified state and glowered at Harshwhinny, shouting, "You planned this from the beginning! Those orders are fake! You must have had Inspector Sparkle and Agent Sentry make a fake order to frame me out of petty vengeance!"

"They didn't plan anything apart from making sure the world knows the truth," Harshwhinny said. "Plus, judging by the inspector's reaction before revealing that order, it seems very clear that she was surprised to find those orders."

"Liar!" Chancellor Neighsay hissed. "This is a conspiracy against me, and I will not tolerate it! I will make sure the world knows that you three are trying to frame me!"

"I doubt you can," Harshwhinny said calmly. "After all, it's like you said, chancellor. The world believes what it wants to, and right now, it believes the truth over you and Queen Adagio. Good evening, chancellor."

"Where do you think you're going?" Chancellor Neighsay barked. "I gave you no permission to leave! You stay right here until -"

But before he could finish his sentence, Harshwhinny had already exited the room and closed the door behind her. The gray man took a step to go after her, but he stopped himself, accepting that it was pointless. He could hear the brilliant orange woman laughing with glee as she climbed down the tower despite the door being closed, unknowingly adding salt to his wound. The powerless Chancellor Neighsay plummeted to his chair and let out a frustrated growl, accepting that he had been beaten. He rested his elbows, lowered his head, and ran his fingers through his hair while hearing Twilight still playing her role on the TV.

"Oh, my goodness, what an unexpected turn of events. I came here to stop Sunset Shimmer and found myself discovering a horrible conspiracy," the grayish mulberry inspector said before lifting her head up, holding her hand up to her forehead, and letting out a loud sigh like a soap opera actress. "Oh, what to do? What to do? What. Am. I. Going. To. Do?"