• Published 29th Aug 2020
  • 1,432 Views, 44 Comments

The Parenting Project - frenettek314



The Main 7 are split into 3 teams - each team must take proper care of a simulated baby doll for their Home Ec. Class. Will these makeshift families succeed?

  • ...
0
 44
 1,432

Pinkieshy - "One for the Money, Two for the Shy"

To say Fluttershy was giddy about getting the chance to do this project with Pinkie was a huge understatement.

The two girls have practically been a well-developed couple for the past year or so, being deeply in love with each other. They had gone to movie dates, restaurants, hiking trips, beaches, practically everywhere together. In the quiet girl's opinion, this was the best year of her life. Pinkie always knew how to make her smile, cheer her up when she was upset, how to get her to have fun; her infectious, bubbly demeanor was a shining beacon for her on many cloudy, anxious filled days - a source of happiness in a sometimes dark world. Fluttershy wasn't sure what the future for the pair was, but she secretly hoped they could be together forever.

Which is why she was so ecstatic about the prospect of taking care of this inanimate child - it was pretty much the chance to explore the two's skills as parents, and more importantly as a family. Not only would she get the chance to spend time with her love, but they could prove to everyone that they could work well past the typical "high school relationship".

As Fluttershy smiled down at the cradled toy in Pinkie's arms, she felt a tingly sensation inside of her. What if they got married one day? What if they had a child of their own? Created a fun-little family with a bunch of furry friends and a child or two? Warmth spread across her cheeks as she envisioned their lovely future together - if they could work well together as "parents" for this doll, then her fantasies could become realities one day. A future where she and Pinkie were together - it couldn't get better than that.

"And then we can teach you how to ride a bike, and go ice-skating, and bake cookies..." Pinkie trailed off to the little bundle of joy in her arms, snapping Fluttershy out of her daydreams. As she began listening to her girlfriend excitedly ramble at the toy, she couldn't help but giggle. She knew that Pinkie's ideas were obviously far-fetched (and hopefully she was joking), but seeing the look of excitement on her face was downright contagious. She was the sweetest thing in her turquoise eyes.

"I'm glad we're going to my place. We have the whole house to ourselves since Zephyr's with friends and my parents are out of town. We'll be able to live..." Fluttershy blissfully sighed, "...like an actual family."

"You betcha!" Pinkie turned to her with a smile. "This'll be great. The two cutest things in the world with me!" she announced, causing the timid girl's cheeks to flare, albeit with a large smile on her face.

"I was thinking maybe I could cook us dinner tonight. I haven't had the chance to practice in a while and I'd love to do it for you, Pinkie." Fluttershy warmly smiled.

However, Pinkie only looked back to the baby with the same bubbly grin on her face.

"It's fine, I can take care of dinner. Don't worry about it."

Fluttershy felt her positive mood falter, her smile transforming into a small frown.

"But I want to."

Pinkie said nothing, preoccupied with the baby and not paying her any attention, leaving the girl to coldly give a small sigh.

As much as she loved her relationship with Pinkie, life always offered a tiny sliver of harsh reality.

Fluttershy definitely wouldn't say their bond was perfect - in fact one glaring weakness always upset her. While Pinkie was shown to be an excellent girlfriend - always doing her best to love, pamper, and take care of her - perhaps she did it too well. Whenever Fluttershy wanted to do something to help out or offer her own input on a suggestion, it felt like she was talking to a brick wall. All too often she would be met with either a frustrating ignorance or a failed reassurance that she didn't have to worry about it, the other girl having it covered.

But Fluttershy didn't want to be left out of things, she didn't want to just sit back and watch Pinkie handle everything. She wanted to contribute to things together as the couple she thought they were supposed to be. It was like the bouncy teenager thought she couldn't be trusted with anything!

As time went on and the number of these incidents increased, Fluttershy realized that her girlfriend wasn't intentionally trying to hurt her - she just wanted to show how much she loved her, being too wrapped up in her own head. Still though, a brick wall was a brick wall and no matter how soft or sweet it was trying to be, it still hurt.

She kept trying to tell Pinkie that she wanted to do things, she wanted to help out; but again, it was like it was going in one ear and out of her dismissive mouth.

The rest of the walk back to her place proved to be silent for the meek girl, wrapping herself in her own thoughts.

"It's fine. It's always fine with her."

But then as she got closer to her front doorstep, an alarm went off inside her head.

"Is this how it's always going to be? Do I really want to spend the rest of my life with someone who doesn't want my help? I love Pinkie, but I want us to be a team - not a performer and an assistant."

"Fluttershy? Hello! Fluttershy?!"

"Huh...what?" Fluttershy snapped out of her train of thought, seeing a pink hand snapping in front of her face, a worried look attached to the owner of the hand.

"You ok Flutters? We're here." Pinkie announced, gesturing to the door they were standing directly in front of.

With a slight blush, Fluttershy quickly unlocked the door to her home, beckoning for her guest(s) to come inside.

"I hope this works out..." she faithfully hoped, closing the door behind her.


After a few minutes of situating themselves (plus allowing the chance for Fluttershy to take care of Angel and some of her other household pets), she slowly made her way downstairs towards the living room - only to see Pinkie ever so gracefully rocking the doll on the couch. She knew the bubbly teen could be overtly sweet and nurturing, but to see her this calm and relaxed invoked a sense of warmth in her. Pinkie could be a great mom one day... " Maybe we could be great moms one day." she corrected herself.

Fluttershy felt a sense of joy inside her as she slowly made her way to Pinkie, hovering over her shoulder from behind the couch.

Pinkie turned to acknowledge her beautiful girlfriend.

"Hey Cutie."

She blushed at the nickname.

"Right back at you. What'cha doing?"

"Just holding Pinkieshy. I think her eyes are slowly closing though. She probably needs a nap."

"Oh!" Fluttershy beamed, hoping this could be the chance for the couple to work in unison, "We can take her upstairs..."

"Don't worry. I got it." Pinkie quickly stated, slowly getting up from the couch and tiptoeing her way up the stairs.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy merely glanced at the now vacant stairs with a narrowed look on her face.

Wasn't this supposed to be their project? Weren't they supposed to be a team?

Before she knew it, Pinkie trotted back down the stairs, making her way back over to the couch.

"Isn't she the sweetest thing?"

Fluttershy had to keep her tone and smile in check, becoming more agitated at the idea that Pinkie didn't seem to want to allow help with their makeshift family.

"Yes. She is."

Then Fluttershy suddenly remembered the task that she was going to do, allowing her the chance to get the evening's dinner situation taken care of.

"Hey Pinkie, I'm going to run to the market real quick and get some supplies for dinner. Do you mind if you stay here and watch Pinkieshy for a bit?"

Pinkie all too suddenly glanced over her shoulder to stare at her girlfriend, a worried and puzzled frown developing on her features.

"I thought I told you not to worry about dinner?"

Fluttershy's happy smile all too quickly fell, a mild annoyance soon taking over.

"Yes. But I told you that I want to make dinner. I want to practice cooking a little bit."

Pinkie's frown only worsened.

"But...Flutters..."

Seeing the upset look on her girlfriend's face instantly made Fluttershy forget her irritation for the time being. Despite her frustrations, she knew Pinkie truly had the best intentions at heart. Not wanting to hurt her feelings, she decided on settling for a friendly, yet direct approach that allowed her to know she wanted to do this.

With a soft sigh and a wavy smile, she instantly sat down on the couch next to Pinkie, placing a hand on top of her shoulder.

"Pinkie, I know you just want to help, but I want to help too. We're supposed to do this together and I would love nothing more than to contribute. So how about I go out and come back to make dinner and you watch the baby? Please, Pinkie? I promise you I would love nothing more than to cook for you."

Pinkie monitored her sweetheart's gentle, yet stern plea, feeling a small smile capture her.

"Yeah, of course. We'll be the best parents around!"

To say the often emotional girl was touched was putting it lightly.

Wrapping Pinkie in a tight embrace in a strength that was surprising coming from the meek girl, she warmly smiled as she kissed Pinkie's cheek.

"Thank you, Pinkie. You're the best!"

Pinkie blushed, returning the kiss right back.

"Nuh-uh. You are."

Staying silent in the hug for a moment, Fluttershy then made her way over to the door with a small purse in tow.

"You coming Angel?"

With a speedy hop down the stairs, the tiny bunny made his way over to his owner before hopping in the surprisingly spacious bag.

"Good boy." she cooed, before walking over to the door. Then, she remembered one more thing.

"Oh! I almost forgot! Think we can feed Pinkieshy together when I get back?"

Pinkie's head tilted in confusion.

"But...?"

"Pinkie..." Fluttershy lightly scolded in response, sending a light glare for half a second.

"Fine. Sounds good." Pinkie lightly sighed, returning a thin smile.

"Thank you!" a light sing-song voice chorused, the door closing behind her a moment later.

However, once Pinkie was certain Fluttershy was out of sight and hearing distance, she leaned back onto the sofa with a heavy sigh.

"Flutter-Butter says I'm the best, but how can I be the best girlfriend/mother around if I let her take care of the shopping and feeding? What kind of person am I if I let her do chores like that?"

Pinkie's eyes dawned in realization, slowly standing up with a confident look.

"Don't worry my sweet, sweet Fluttershy! I, Pinkamena Diane Pie, will prove that I'm the best!"


With a few small grocery bags and purse in hand, Fluttershy made her way up the doorstep before opening the door to her home. She hadn't been gone too long she figured, she was able to find everything with relative ease - the only thing that took forever was the line at the checkout but the kind girl wasn't bothered too much. As she made her way inside, she found Pinkie in an almost identical position to the one she left her in, though now with a cradled form in her lap as well as her cell phone in one of her hands.

"Huh. The baby must've woken up from the nap. Good, we can feed her together."

"Hey Sweetie." Fluttershy angelically announced, placing the bags on the dining room table next to her.

Pinkie immediately perked up from her phone, before picking up the baby and running over to her girlfriend with a super wide grin on her face.

"Hey Cutie." Pinkie called back, hugging the girl. "How was the trip?"

"Great! I've got everything I need to make..." she began to hum before she got a good glance at the baby. While the toy itself seemed fine, there was a noticeable difference that made her instantly freeze up. Eyes doubling in size, she frigidly pointed at the bundle in Pinkie's grasp.

"...Pinkie...?" she lowly replied.

"Yeeeeeesssss?" Pinkie obliviously drawled out in an overly energetic voice.

"Why is there cupcake on her face?"

Indeed, swirled around Pinkieshy's lips was what appeared to be strawberry frosting.

"Oh that." Pinkie nonchalantly waved a hand. "When Pinkieshy woke up from her nap, she started getting hungry so I decided to feed her. She didn't seem to eat the cupcakes, but luckily I found this cute little plastic bottle tucked away in her blankets that she seems to enjoy much better."

Fluttershy found herself snapping back to the situation at hand, giving a disapproving look at her partner.

"So you fed her after I asked if we could feed her together when I got back?" she swore she felt her right eye begin to twitch.

"Yeah, it's fine. I got it." Pinkie casually reasoned.

Now Fluttershy was positive her eye was twitching, a wave of anger pouring over her.

"It's fine. Of course. It's always fine."

Steadying herself with a long exhale, Fluttershy kept her voice low.

"Pinkie. I said I wanted to help you when I got back. I also told you earlier that the baby can't eat cupcakes."

Pinkie tilted with an inquisitive frown.

"You did? When?"

Fluttershy felt her patience starting to wear thin.

"Earlier outside the school."

"Huh... I guess I learned my lesson." Pinkie happily stated.

"One lesson anyways." Fluttershy grumbled, turning around to put the groceries away. On a more positive note, at least now she could begin preparing...

"Oh! By the way, dinner should be here shortly."

Fluttershy's body immediately tensed up, driving herself back over to Pinkie with a gradual glare.

"What?!"

Unfazed, Pinkie offered to elaborate.

"I didn't want you to worry about preparing anything as soon as you got home, so I ordered a pizza tonight - and maybe you could cook another night."

The typically sweet and kind girl felt a bitter snort escape her nostrils, now fully possessed with anger.

"Didn't I tell you that I wanted to make dinner?" she pointedly asked.

Pinkie's face contorted into a slightly worried expression for a moment - processing this.

Unfortunately, any chance of Pinkie understanding the situation flew out the window.

"Don't worry. I made sure to order the Vegetarian Lover's just the way you like it."

While she would've normally gushed and thanked her girlfriend for being thoughtful, her normal pleasantries were the least of her concerns.

"Pinkie Pie! The pizza isn't the problem! The problem is I specifically told you what I wanted and you didn't listen to me!" she seethed.

Pinkie felt her eyes quiver as she looked over at her now raging partner. Something wasn't right here.

"I was just..."

She was stopped however as a furious Fluttershy stomped past her, making her way grouchily up the stairs. Angel Bunny quickly trailing behind her, giving the pink girl a harsh glare on his way up.

"Where are you going?" she curiously prompted.

"To be alone!" a growl retorted before the loud slam of a door echoed throughout the house.

Pinkie nervously looked at the baby in her grip, wondering what went wrong.

"But... I did everything right, didn't I? Ok, so maybe you have some frosting on your face, but still..."

The doll said nothing, apparently giving her the silent treatment.

"Not you too! You don't think she's mad do you?!"

Again, nothing.

"I hope you're wrong." Pinkie prayed, bouncing up the stairs with fake child in hand before she approached Fluttershy's bedroom with slight apprehension.

With a chorus of light knocks, the door soon opened to reveal a cold, glaring form staring at her.

Pinkie's hopes for a misunderstanding dwindled.

"Yes Pinkie?!" the girl rigidly stated, arms crossed as she leaned against the door frame.

"Heeeeeyyy Cutie-Patootie, how's that booty?" Pinkie playfully snapped her fingers, hoping this teasing would invoke her normal playful laughter, a smirk, anything that a not angry Fluttershy would do.

All that ended up happening was an even more pointed look, if that was possible.

Pinkie nervously chuckled, deciding it was time to get the show on the road.

"So... Pinkieshy had this insanely crazy idea that you were angry at me..."

"I'm very angry at you." Fluttershy nodded in cold agreement.

"Exactly, I knew it would be ridiculous... wait what?!" Pinkie took a small step back, as if the admittance was a physical slap.

"I'm very upset, Pinkie."

"Why?"

"You never let me take care of anything, you're always doing stuff for me!"

In a somewhat expected display of her scatterbrained personality, Pinkie seemed to momentarily forget her girlfriend's wrath, taking the previous statement as a compliment.

Before the other girl could object, Pinkie wrapped her in a bone-crushing hug, closing her eyes as she let out an enthusiastic grin.

"Awww, you're welcome! I love you!"

This seemed to snap something in the other girl's head however as she quickly shoved the affectionate girl away, her eyes burning.

"NO! Dammit Pinkie!"

Pinkie loudly gasped, covering the doll's ears as she gave a soft glare.

"Fluttershy! There is a child in this room!"

For the briefest of time, fading out of her anger, Fluttershy let out an apologetic expression.

"You're right. Let's put her in the spare bedroom."

As Fluttershy and Pinkie both tucked the doll in the bed - not caring whether she was tired or not - they quickly closed the door and returned to their previous positions across the hall.

"So, you were saying about Dammit's?"

"Right, thank you." Fluttershy gave a polite smile before the switch to rage turned back on, re-discovering her glare.

"Dammit Pinkie! You don't get it do you?!"

Pinkie's brow rose. "What do you mean? I just want to help!"

Fluttershy snorted angrily.

"That's the problem! You do everything for me, but you never let me handle anything! I keep trying to tell you that I want to do something or I offer suggestions - and you never listen!"

Pinkie harrumphed a little, folding her arms.

"I do so listen! I'm just trying to be the best girlfriend I can!"

"By doing everything yourself?!" Fluttershy jabbed a finger into Pinkie's chest.

"Yes! I don't want you to worry about things like chores and such! I keep telling you 'It's fine'!"

There was that oh so common phrase again - "It's fine".

Fluttershy paused, feeling tears running down her cheeks before she ultimately pounced, going face-to-face with the now shocked girl.

"YOU KNOW WHAT PINKIE PIE?! IT'S NOT FINE! IT'S NEVER BEEN FINE! YOU KEEP BRUSHING ME ASIDE WITH EVERYTHING! THROUGHOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP AND NOW WITH THIS GROUP PROJECT! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A COUPLE! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A TEAM! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO DO THINGS TOGETHER!"

Pinkie felt her heart sink at the vocal tirade, never knowing things between them were this bad.

"Flutters... I..."

But what was said next ultimately shattered her.

"Perhaps we need to rethink our relationship!" Fluttershy cried, slamming the door in front of the heartbroken teen's face.

Pinkie felt like the door hit her in the face, but in all honesty, it probably could've and she wouldn't even feel it; the cracks in her heart were radiating a greater pain.

"She...she wants to rethink things... no, NO!"

Pinkie felt her sobs pouring out before she took off down the steps, collapsing onto the sofa as she released all the newfound anguish she found herself in.

"What have I done?!"


Pinkie wasn't sure how long she had been crying - it could've been 5 minutes or 5 hours, but she didn't care. What did catch her attention however was the chime of Fluttershy's doorbell, indicating there was company. But who could possibly be expected to show up at this hour - with the two residents of the home either trembling in emotions or releasing a gallon of tears into the cushions? With a second chime however, Pinkie realized it was up to her to answer the call. Grudgingly making her way over to the door, she opened it, only to be surprised at who was behind it.

"Hey Pinkie. Pizza?" Mr. Frenette questioned with a smile.

That's when Pinkie remembered earlier.

"Oh, right. Pizza!.. wait, pizza?"

"Mr. Frenette? What are you doing here with a pizza order?"

"I'm a pizza delivery man at night." he boldly claimed.

"I thought you were a teacher during the day?" Pinkie questioned.

"Teachers don't have amazing salaries..." Mr. Frenette bitterly sighed.

"Oh... well...thanks..." Pinkie sadly stated, taking the pizza from her teacher as she placed it on the dining room table behind her.

"Pinkie... you alright?" Mr. Frenette noticed the depressed stance of his normally perky student, making him worriedly glance at her.

Pinkie sighed, looking out into the night sky and realizing how late it was.

"It's a long story." she mumbled.

"Well, I don't have any more deliveries to do - and as your teacher, I am worried about your well-being - so I'd love to listen." he sat down on the small doorstep, patting the spot next to him, gesturing her to sit down.

With an appreciative smile and a light sniffle, she happily obliged before taking a calming breath.

"Ok... here goes..."

*Fast Forward through Explanation*

"...and that's why Flutters is upstairs bawling, I'm downstairs bawling, and the baby is the only one in this house who isn't bawling." she recapped, Mr. Frenette having been fully invested the whole time as his eyes widened in shock.

"No wonder why Fluttershy is upset." he reasonably stated, receiving a mild snort from his pupil.

"It seems like everyone understands that except for me! All I'm trying to do is be supportive and help her out!" she cried out, resting her head on her lap in dejection.

"I know you Pinkie and I have no doubt that you're just trying your best, I'm sure Fluttershy understands that part too; but there's more to this than you realize. You can't just do everything for someone all the time - especially in a relationship."

"Well, why not?!" Pinkie looked at her teacher, not understanding where he was going with this.

The teacher began thinking of a way to explain this to the creatively-minded individual (being kind of an eccentric type himself) before an idea popped in his head.

"Tell me this Pinkie. If I kept doing stuff you kept offering to do - say I keep making cakes before you get the chance to, even though you really wanted to - and I keep waving you off, would you be happy?"

Pinkie gasped upon picturing that scenario in her head.

"Of course not!" she exclaimed, shocked someone would even do that.

"Oh. Why not?" he lightly asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Because then what would I ever do?! I'd feel worthless!"

Then her eyes widened, suddenly gaining a very good perspective as to what her girlfriend was feeling.

"I-I made her feel worthless?"

The teacher gently patted the girl's shoulder, a sympathetic smile on his face.

"I'm sure not intentionally, but it can't feel too good to feel like someone doesn't want your help, right?"

Pinkie nodded.

"And isn't the point of a relationship doing things together and not leaving everything to yourself?"

Pinkie once again let out a gasp.

"So that's why... she wants to reconsider... I made her feel... What have I done..." her tears reignited as she buried her head into her lap.

"Pinkie."

With that calm voice, Pinkie looked up from her tears to see a reassuring, yet serious expression on the man's face.

"I'm pretty sure you two can work stuff out - people say things when they're hurt or angry - but you need to fix this before it gets worse, understand?"

Pinkie sniffed as she traced the ground with a finger.

"I-I just wanted to be the best girlfriend ever. The one she deserves."

Mr. Frenette smiled, glancing up at the moon in the beautiful night sky.

"Sometimes the kindest thing you can do is let others help - especially when they offer. One day if you two are married, you want to be able to rely on each other."

He looked back at her.

"I know how much you two love each other, but you've got to be able to communicate and listen with one another. Let her be able to do her share, or better yet, work together. My money is betting on the fact that she wants to prove herself for you, just like you do for her. And how can your bond survive if there is no sense of trust between you?"

Pinkie slowly felt a warm smile as she slowly stood up, prompting him to do the same.

"You're right. I never meant to make her feel like she was worthless or that I didn't trust her. I just got so worried that she'd be upset if I didn't handle things... but ignoring her and brushing her aside wasn't handling things. She so badly wanted to feed the baby and make dinner for us, but I still went ahead and managed everything anyways."

Mr. Frenette gave a warm, shining smile.

"Go to her. Make things right. Tell her how much you want to be together."

Pinkie gave one more sniffle before she tackled her teacher in a hug.

The man however felt a little uncomfortable.

"Ummm... Pinkie? Teachers shouldn't be hugging students."

She only giggled.

"You're not a teacher silly, you're a pizza delivery man."

He gave a hearty laugh back, hugging her for a moment longer before letting go.

"For better or worse."

"If you ever need me, you know who to order from." he said, beginning to walk away.

"Thank you!" she called out, "And when we get married, you get the front row at our wedding!"

He smiled as he made his way to the door of the car.

"Looking forward to it. Good luck with your 'assignment.'" he winked, "The important one."

And with that, he waved as he drove off, leaving Pinkie with a determined smile, glancing back at the interior of the house.

"Don't worry. I won't fail."


Maybe Pinkie spoke too soon with that whole 'confident' attitude persona, as she had been shaking nervously in place outside Fluttershy's door for the past 10 minutes now - the slight sounds of sniffling coming from the bedroom only making her more anxious.

"What if she doesn't want to see me again? What if she hates me? What if..."

But then she paused as she heard a masculine voice in her head.

"Make things right."

No! She wouldn't bail now! Even if Fluttershy never wanted to speak to her for the rest of their lives, she still deserved to hear a proper apology! She deserved to know how much she'll always love her!

Bracing herself, Pinkie gave a slight knock on the door...before throwing caution to the wind and just going inside.

As Pinkie took a couple steps forward, she saw her target. There she was - head stuffed in a face full of pillows, lightly shaking as Angel Bunny gently rubbed her shoulder in a soothing motion.

However, as Pinkie cautioned another step, she was soon noticed by Angel who glared her daggers. Pinkie never thought a bunny could be so menacing but here they were.

Regardless, she steeled herself, making her firm voice known.

"Angel, can you please give us a few minutes? This is important."

The bunny seemed surprised at the seriousness in the bubbly form for a brief second before his daggers re-sparked, sending a low-bearing growl in her direction.

What the bunny didn't realize was that another head perked up from the call, gently sitting up on her bed with red, puffy eyes staring at Pinkie for a moment, trying to find something in the pink human's soul.

Finding nothing but sincerity, Fluttershy's eyes softened as she turned towards her scowling bunny.

"Angel, please."

The bunny looked up at his owner before he sighed in resignation, hopping out of the room as he left the two girls alone.

"What is it Pinkie?" the girl on the bed asked, obviously still hurt but noticeably less enraged than earlier.

Pinkie supposed she should take this as a good sign, but she'd rather have her love not upset at all. She mentally winced at the tear-stained form in front of her.

Pinkie sighed. She could've taken this one step at a time but she chanced stepping right into the fray, lest she say the wrong thing before the apology began.

"I'm sorry about what I've been doing. I-I never meant to ignore you or push you away; all I wanted to do was take care of you - because I love you."

Fluttershy's eyes softened even more as she felt herself leaning forward, her curiosity offering the girl to continue.

"But all I did was take control over everything in our relationship - even if I had the best intentions. I know you said you wanted to take care of the cooking and feeding but I still did it anyways because I felt bad you were doing stuff; little did I know that going behind your back and not listening to you would hurt much worse."

Pinkie felt her tear ducts burst once again, bowing her head in shame as she carried on.

"I know you probably hate me right now - I don't blame you, I would hate me too. I probably made you feel like you weren't important in this relationship and that's the exact opposite of what a relationship is supposed to do! We should've done stuff together as a team, you should've been able to tell me these things without me brushing them aside!"

Fluttershy felt deeply moved by the words being spoken, her heart beating tenderly as slowly rose from the bed with a concerned gasp on her face.

"She really is sorry. She finally understands..."

Pinkie sniffled, turning her head away.

"You know, I was so excited for this project! I thought it'd be cool to pretend we were parents - hoping that one day we could actually become some. I was hoping if we were still together we could one day get married and maybe even have a family."

"Pinkie..." Fluttershy muttered, feeling a different variety of tears fall. Unfortunately, Pinkie still hadn't noticed.

"But you deserve someone much better than me - someone who actually listens to you. I tried to be the best girlfriend for you but all I was was a gigantic jerk. I'm sorry. I-I'm... I think I should leave... I love you, Fluttershy." she tearfully began walking out of the room - hoping she at least made it up to the angel of a woman - before she was ultimately stopped dead in her tracks.

"PINKIE! WAIT!"

Before she could fully turn around and acknowledge the situation, a yellow-skinned girl tackled her - barely able to keep the two standing - as she hugged her passionately, rubbing her head against her neck.

"Pinkie! I love you too! Please don't go!" Fluttershy cried, staring into the pink girl's blue eyes with a warm smile on her face.

Pinkie blinked rapidly, clinging onto the girl for dear life.

"Y--you do?! But you said we have to reconsider our relationship."

Fluttershy quickly wiped the tears from her girlfriend's eyes.

"I said that because I thought you'd never understand! I was just really angry and needed some time alone! But I do love you Pinkie! I want us to work this out!"

Pinkie finally found her smile as she now wiped the tears from Fluttershy's eyes.

"I do too! I want you to be happy, us to be happy!"

Fluttershy and Pinkie both gazed into each other's eyes before they pressed their lips against the other's - wrapping themselves in a tender and passionate kiss.

After the kiss, the two girls merely looked at each other before throwing themselves into a colossal hug.

"I love you, Fluttershy!"

"I love you more Pinkie!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yuh-huh!"

They then both proceeded to start laughing, letting the joyful moment last as long as it could until it naturally subsided.

Pinkie let go of Fluttershy first, awkwardly shuffling her foot on the ground.

"Do you think... do you think we could start over?"

Fluttershy looked at the girl, a warm smirk on her face as she tilted her head playfully.

"Do you promise to work on communicating with me and working together as a team from now on?

Pinkie eagerly picked up her hand as a sign of oaf.

"I promise Fluttershy, as I stand here before you, or my name isn't Pinkamena Diane Pie."

Fluttershy giggled at the overly formal display - Pinkie quickly joining in - until they heard a fake crying coming from the distance.

"Looks like Pinkieshy's up." Fluttershy stated.

Pinkie nodded at her, forming an idea.

"After we wake her up - that pizza I originally ordered finally came. We can either do that or you can cook and I'll offer to help if you need it. What do you want to do?"

Fluttershy stood there with the widest grin imaginable. This was like a million puppies at once.

"Let's stick with the pizza since it's late, and maybe tomorrow we can do the cooking here since I have the place to myself?"

"Okie Dokie!" Pinkie positively gave a thumbs-up, gesturing for her beautiful girlfriend to accompany her in checking on their temporary child. Fluttershy giggled with glee.

"You know, Pinkie? I think this is the brand new beginning of a beautiful relationship."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." she agreed as the two began walking side-by-side to a solo room down the hall.

"Hey, did you know Mr. Frenette is a pizza man?"

Pinkie and Fluttershy - a relationship with the potential to stand the tests of time. While they both knew their bond wasn't always easy - having many ups and downs along the way and still to come - the gratifying love that the two held for each other was worth fighting for, no matter what lied in store. Most importantly though, Pinkie and Fluttershy now knew that they could and would do it together - and they wouldn't have it any other way.

Author's Note:

Author's Challenge:

If you read this chapter (and are interested), I'd love to see either some images, some illustrations, or even some comics of Pinkie and Fluttershy (Pony or Human, Platonic or Romantic) in the comments section of this chapter. Let's fill this comments with these two kind souls. I'd love to view what you got!

(*Can be self-made or taken off the internet as long as the artist doesn't get mad. Obviously don't claim other artwork as your own.*)

Can't wait to hear from you! :yay::pinkiehappy:


(Also, since I wasn't sure if there'd be any "Rainityjack" art, I'm allowing the last chapter to be a part of the challenge as well, allowing posts of:

Rarity and Applejack
Rainbow and Applejack
Rainbow and Rarity
...or all 3!

Again, this can be pony or human art/comics and be platonic or romantic. If you can post the "Rainityjack" artworks under that chapter, that'd be great.)

Also would love to see what you find! :rainbowkiss::raritystarry::ajsmug:


Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter. (Now I want a romantic sit-com with Pinkie and Fluttershy living together). See you next chapter!




Sincerely,

-frenettek314