• Published 12th Sep 2020
  • 114 Views, 1 Comments

My Speed Write Bookshelf - OceanBytez



This will serve as a drop box for all my speed writing submissions.

  • ...
 1
 114

The Wild Mustang (CW: Alcohol)

Content warning: Alcohol abuse in story below.

============================
*clink*

I look around the room in a haze. I can't really remember where I am. It's dark and multi-colored lights flash back and forth. Suddenly, my senses come pouring back in after I wobble violently.

"Duuuuude! You okaeeeey? I… I… I think those last drinks really did a number on youu."

My eyes struggle to focus on this mystery pony for a moment. His mane was disheveled and his electric blue color was tainted by some unknown fluid. His coat was relatively unstained considering he was white as snow though, his fur still stuck out at odd angles all over.

"Heeey!" He slaps my cheek lightly. I note the booming music in the background. Was that always playing? "Are you still in there brooo?" He practically spits at me with his last words.

Suddenly I realize that he is none other than my best friend Spark Feather. I struggle to grasp at any real thoughts as to where we are. Things still feel fuzzy.

"Where are we?" I say slowly and cautiously. Bit by bit my memory seems to be coming together. My mouth is still numb from tonight's events.

"Finally…" he gave me a deadpan look before almost bursting into laughter. After he calms down, he continues "The Wild Mustaaang bro… havvin the night of our liiiives…" He dramatically throws both forelegs onto the bar and lays over. Just as I think he is unconscious he pops up and waves at the bartender.

We must have had a tab set up already because the bartender simply nods and grabs two drinks from a fridge. He rolls them across his wings and flings them gently to the bar. One slides to each of us perfectly leaving me dumbfounded at such a display of skill.

We both open our drinks and throw back the next round. Darkness slowly encroaches on my vision as my thoughts begin to crumble once more…

Author's Note:

The prompt of: Sins

Placed 3rd

Wrote this on the first thought i had. hope you enjoy.

Remember, drink safely and responsibly and, Not like these characters.