• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 2,634 Views, 54 Comments

Crazy Dream - Triv_



Story about a guy named Jack and how he eventually comes to love a princess.

  • ...
10
 54
 2,634

Chapter 4

Okay screw it, kept messing around with this chapter trying to get it right and it's as close as I can get it to being acceptable. Also terribly sorry this took SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG to get out, had some unexpected delays which didn't help (Long story short I lost all the data on my pc). Honestly this should have been done back at the start of November! Well it's done now so enjoy!


Chapter 4




“Oh buck.” said Lyra as she was face to face with Princess Luna.

Luna was a bit startled when she had opened the doors to her personal library to find a pony standing right there in front of the doorway. Luna quickly covered up her surprise and frowned at the intruding pony.

“What exactly doust thou think thou art doing snooping about in our castle? Hmm?” questioned Luna as she advanced upon the pony who was backpedaling up until she bumped into one of the bookshelves causing a few books to fall to the ground.

“Well umm, you see that is…”

SILENCE!

Poor Lyra let out a pitiful squeak at Luna’s sudden use of the Royal Canterlot voice.

“Now before trying to explain why it is thou art snooping about in our personal library thou shall tell us thou name!” commanded Luna pointing an accusing hoof at Lyra.

“M-my n-name is L-Lyra Heartstrings your h-highness.” came a stuttered reply from a very scared Lyra who was cowering before Luna.

“Very well then Lyra, now tell us why art thou sneaking about our library?!”

“I-I didn’t m-meant to sneak in here exactly, it’s just that I was searching for something that I…misplaced.”

“Oh? And what exactly did thou ‘misplace’?” asked Luna becoming curious as to how this pony before her could have possibly misplaced anything in the Canterlot Castle of all places.

“I…can’t say. Sorry your highness.” mumbled Lyra as she kicked at the floor with her hoof.

Luna frowned and said, “Very well then be that way. We shall take thou before our dear sister and together we shall start getting some answers from thou.”

And with that Luna concentrated her magic around Lyra picking her up and proceeded to leave her personal library and head for the throne room to await for Celestia. Lyra merely gulped know that she had been caught and had to face justice for sneaking into the castle, she could only hope that when she finally did tell the royal sisters what it was she had been looking for that they’d believe her and not think her to be some crazy pony and have her shipped off to an asylum. That thought alone made her shudder as Luna started down the hallway with Lyra in tow.

As soon as they left the library though Luna stopped and stared in disbelief at what was standing before her.

“What in tartarus is going on?!” exclaimed Luna.








Going back about 20 minutes…







“Don’t you guys ever quit?!” yelled Jack as he ran for his life down yet another hallway.

“Halt! In the name of Celestia Halt!!!” shouted a guard as the two beside him shot off another volley of magic towards the human.

Glancing over his should Jack had enough time to jump to the side as a pair of magical rays shot forth from two of the three unicorns behind him. As he evaded the attack it singed his shirt, normally he’d just shrug it off but it wasn’t just and shirt they had just burned it was his favorite shirt too! On it it said, ‘Genius by birth, slacker by choice’ in bold black lettering. He liked it because it described him perfectly but now it was ruined. This also sent him a message that while he could probably keep out running these pony guards he was inevitably getting tired and starting to slow down. He’d need to find a place to hide and lay low for a while and he needed to find it now.

Looking ahead Jack noticed another pair of double doors with a picture of what looked like…Bananas.

‘Why the hell is there a picture of bananas on a pair of double doors in a castle?!’

Shaking his head and deciding to not bother trying to find a logical answer as to why that picture was on the door Jack started to sprint further ahead of the 3 guards chasing him and using his should rammed into the double doors sending them slamming into the walls and bouncing back slightly as he entered the new room. Needing to barricade the doors quickly Jack slammed them shut again and scanned the room for something to block the doors keeping them closed. He found a coffee table being better than nothing promptly grabbed it and slammed it into the doors. Jack jumped back as soon as he finished moving the table as the guards chasing him had suddenly slammed into the doors.

Outside he could hear them talking, “He’s barricaded the doors again! Quickly find those dang earth ponies we need them to buck these doors down!”

‘Well that buys me a few minutes’ Jack thanked his lucky stars that the table was able to hold them at bay.

Taking a moment to examine the room Jack saw that there was another pair of double doors across the room with the same picture on them and to his left or right were a single door each that looked fairly normal, for a castle anyway. Unable to think of a further course of action Jack decided to go through the next pair of double doors. Opening them he was to behold the site of…Bananas, bananas everywhere! Mountainous piles of Bananas layer everywhere even the wallpaper in the room was nothing but bananas. Stranger still was the varying sizes of the bananas, some were normal, some where big enough to sit on and there were even a few tiny looking ones spread all across the floor.

“…What in the actual fuck?”

Jack just stared in disbelief, why on earth would there be a room dedicated to nothing but bananas in a castle of all places?!

Before he could continue to try and rationalize why someone would have a room like this he heard the sudden noise of clopping hooves. Jack went wide eyed as he searched the room hoping that there weren’t any guards that had somehow snuck in. Then to his terror Celestia came trotting out from behind a pile of bananas with one in her mouth. As she came into view she saw him stare at her with a look of fear and disbelief, she smirked around the banana. Winking at Jack she started to suck on the banana in a rather suggestive manner. Jack noticed this and turned beet red and promptly spun on his heels and ran out the door thinking, ‘Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope’.

As he ran off toward one of the side doors Celestia removed the banana from her mouth and started to laugh like a little school girl having been successful in embarrassing the poor man.

Going through door number two (he’s still a bit flustered by the way) Jack found himself in a guest room with a door leading back into the hallway. Deciding it’d be better to have to deal with the annoying guards than that…that…whatever she is Jack headed back into the hall and started running like a bat out of hell. As soon as he was out in the hall the guards that were about to break into the double doors he had barricaded notice the door down the hall open and saw the human sprint down the hallway.

“There he is after him!” exclaimed one of the unicorn guards as they all gave chase.

‘huh, you’d think they’d have just used the side doors like I did to get around that barricade I made, heh morons’

Heading down the hallway again Jack took a left turn only to stop after a few steps as he noticed something. There weren’t any guards chasing him anymore. In fact the entire hallway seemed to be eerily silent. Taking a cautious step near the corner Jack leaned over to look back where he came from noticing that all the guards seemed to have vanished.

Deciding it better not to question it he spun on his heel and was about to take off running again only to come nose to nose with Celestia.

She looked at him and smirked, “Hi.”

If he could Jack would have jumped out of his skin, how did she get ahead of him and why was she that close?! Taking a slow step back he never took his eyes off of her fearing what she might do if he looked away for even a second.

“Running is pointless I hope you now that Jack.” She said still smirking.

Jack to another step back which resulted in Celestia taking a step forward. This repeated two more times before Jack finally decided ‘to hell with it’ and bolted back the way he had previously come from. Celestia laughed with glee and gave chase.

Heading back towards the double doors he recently departed Jack made the mistake of looking back to see if Celestia was still there and sure enough she was, with her horn pointed at his rear end. Jack gave a yelp as she lightly poked him which caused him to run slightly faster and unfortunately step on a banana peel (cliché I know) and ended up landing face first with his rear up in the air and slid to a halt at the hooves of Princess Luna.

Princess Celestia came to a halt right before Jack and Luna and tried to remove the smile on her face as Luna frowned at the sight of both of them.

“What in tartarus is going on!?”






And we’re back to the present ta-da!







“Ah sister how nice to see you!”

“Don’t try to change the subject dear sister we demand to know why this…human is out and about in the castle and not in the dungeon!”

“Oh well um, you see…”

“Ugh, Tia you were tormenting this poor fellow weren’t you!?”

Celestia gave a sheepish grin, “Speaking of fellows who’s that you’re carrying about? Decided to play for the same team huh?”

Luna’s cheeks turned red as did Lyra's.

“Tis a lie! We haven’t done such a thing since before the..incident…” Luna trailed off her ears drooping down as she recalled the time of her banishment.

Celestia frowned at the mention of her sister’s banishment due to Nightmare moon.

“Oh Luna I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have brought that up.”

“Tis fine Tia, but you still haven’t answered our question: Why is the human free?”

“To be honest I haven’t a clue” she looked down at Jack who was sitting up and had his back pressed up to the wall “How did you escape?”

“I, uh…um that is, I-I-“

“Come now we don’t bite...much” Celestia muttered the last part.

Jack’s face flushed as he heard that, “I-I umm attacked the guard down in the dungeon when he opened the cell door and said he was bringing me to meet you two.”

Celestia’s attitude suddenly changed from playful to serious, “So you attacked one of my little ponies? And don’t deny it?”

“…yes to both questions, please understand I was terrified of what would happen so I knocked him out and just ran.”

“Yes well we see how well that turned out.”

“Yes well, if thou are done we should continue this in the throne room. We are sure our loyal subjects are wait for the both of us isn’t that right dear sister?”

Celestia groaned, “Don’t remind me Luna, you know I don’t look forward to having to sit for hours on end listening to those up tight high society ponies complain about this or that.”

Luna giggled and turned to Jack, “ If thou would be so kind as to accompany us to the throne room?” she offered a hoof towards Jack who accepted with a slight blush and got up to his feet standing a few inches shorter than her.

The walk back to the throne room was relatively quiet. Until Celestia let out a short gasp, “Luna I forgot all about you friend here, what’s her name and why is she coming along with us?”

“Ah yes this is Lyra Heartstrings, We found her sneaking about in our personal library.”

Lyra simply looked at the floor as she was still floating in the air thanks to Luna’s magic.

“Interesting I’d like to know more once we’re in the throne room.”

Luna simply nodded as they all continued to walk. As the continued Luna found herself constantly staring at Jack. He seemed smaller than he actually was mainly due to the slouch he had and the obvious fact that he seemed rather scared with everything that had happened this morning. She also noted that he was walking closer to her than Celestia; she could only guess what Tia had done to make him nervous of her.

As they walked Lyra didn’t take her eyes off of Jack the entire time and only looked away when he glanced in her direction. In her mind Lyra was doing back flips she knew exactly what he was and knew that while her spell still needed work the fact remained that she was right and everypony that said she was crazy was wrong.

Entering into the main hall yet again the group noticed the guards and castle staff were at work repairing the doors and bringing out new furniture to replace the ones broken when Jack had blocked the door at the top of the stairs resulting in the guards that had chased him smashing both the chair and the doors to pieces. The double doors would take time to replace as they were very elaborate while the chair and some other pieces of furniture were more easily replaced. Heading up the stairs most of the guards present glared at Jack while the castle staff stopped and stared at the odd looking creature accompanying the princesses.

Feeling more nervous than he already was Jack stepped a bit closer to Luna seemingly trying to hide behind her as everyone stared at him. This made Luna uncomfortable and every time she took a step away from him Jack would step closer as he tried in vain to hide from the ponies watching him.

Walking past the ruined double doors and into the throne room Celestia took her seat up her throne and patted the throne next to hers indicating that she wanted Luna to sit as well. Luna gently put Lyra down on the ground next to Jack as they both waited for the two princesses to pass whatever judgment they saw fit on the both of them.

As the pair waited for the princesses to speak Jack looked over at Lyra again as she quickly looked away blushing. Leaning over slightly Jack whispered in her ear, “Hi, names Jack nice to meet you.”

“Oh! Right, Lyra and it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Lyra raised her hoof and he grasped it and shook hands/hoof with her.

Lyra was practically jumping for joy in her head, ‘Ohmygosh! A real human! And he has hands!’ Lyra was so excited that she accidently let out a little squee. This gained a raised eyebrow from Jack and a smirk from Celestia who had been watching the two as they waited for her and Luna to pass judgment. Lyra blushed furiously as she realized what just happened and promptly covered her face with her hooves. Jack merely shook his head and looked back at the princesses.
‘Bit odd but I guess she seems nice’ Jack thought to himself

“Oh-ho! Taking an interest in my little ponies already hmm?” said Celestia with a smirk.

Jack went wide eyed, ‘Shit forgot that she can read my thoughts’.

“Yes and if I were you I’d be careful what I thought.” She said with a wink causing Jack to blush slightly.

*ahem* Well getting to why we are here, Lyra heartstrings you stand accused of breaking and entering our castle snooping about my personal library, do thou deny these charges?”

“No your highness.”

“And you Jack stand accused of assaulting a member of the royal guard and causing property damage, do you deny these charges?”

“No your highness.”

Celestia and Luna shared a brief glance at each other then nodded.

“Very well, Lyra you are hereby sentence to 1 week of community service starting today, this shall be carried out in your hometown of Ponyville.”

Lyra breathed a sigh of relief as Luna motioned for a pair of guards to escort her outside.

Starting to panic Lyra spoke up, “Wait your highness! What about Jack?!”

Celestia merely smiled and answered, “Oh don’t worry about him, and we have something special in mind for Jack.”

Jack gulped fearing what was to come.

As Lyra albeit reluctantly left her mind still racing the princesses turned their full attention towards Jack.

“As for you Jack my sister and I have agreed to move you to a guest room here in the castle instead of sending you back to your cell.” Jack let out the breath he had been holding, “However, there will be limitations to your freedom and you will have to abide by certain rules.”

Jack simply nodded feeling slightly better about the fact that he would have a bed to sleep on tonight instead of a pile of hay.

Celestia was about to continue until a guard came up to her and whispered something in her ear. She nodded and the guard trotted off to where ever he was going.

“Since you are staying here in the castle we have decided that to better understand you we are having the bearers of the Elements of Harmony come and get to know you, your life is going to be in there hooves from this moment on.”

“Uhh Elements of what now?” asked Jack in confusion.

“Elements of Harmony, I’d go into detail about them but we simply do not have the time today, for now Luna here will be showing you the way around the castle and to your new room. Once you’re settled in I shall have my faithful student and bearer of the element of magic, Twilight Sparkle come and meet you, the rest of the elements shall arrive tomorrow.”

After she finished Luna stood up and motioned for Jack to follow her and their business in the throne room was done.

“Guard! You may send them in now.” Ordered Celestia as a guard went and announced that the royal court was ready to begin. All sorts of fancy uptight ponies started to file into the throne room eager to ask Celestia for this or that. Celestia sighed, “So much for my good mood…”







Later with Luna escorting Jack around the Castle…








“And down that hall leads to our wing of the castle.” Luna showed as two of her Lunar Guard stood watch at the entrance to her part of the castle.

Jack just nodded and took it all in trying to remember everything she had shown him of the castle. So far he was fairly confident he could make it to the main hall, kitchen, garden and the ball room without getting lost. Of course there were some areas Luna had told him not to go to such as the training yard, personal rooms of either herself or Celestia and several other places. He still felt odd about all this it all felt like a dream what with the walking talking pastel colored ponies and magic. And he couldn’t shake the feeling of constantly being drawn toward Luna there was something about her that he couldn’t put his finger on…

“Art thou still listening?”

“Huh? Oh! Yes, yes still listening yup heard everything you said.”

Luna smirked, “Oh really? What did we just say then?”

“uhhhh…”

“We thought so, please pay attention so we do not have to repeat ourselves.”

“Yes princess.”

“Please, Luna will do.”

“Ok Luna.”

As they continued to walk they fell into an awkward silence. Jack started to get annoyed at how his gaze kept drifting toward Luna as they walked.

‘hmm, she does look rather attractive...’

Immediately Jack’s hand flew to his mouth as if his thought was said aloud. Luna stopped and looked at him with a slight blush and a frown.

“…Yes well here we are, this is thy room we trust it will me thy needs… We must depart farwell.” And with that Luna galloped down the hall leaving a very embarrassed Jack standing at his door. Sighing Jack pushed the door open and entered his room.

“Smooth Jack now she probably thinks you’re a pervert.” Jack mumbled to himself upset that he forgot the two sisters could read his mind. Flopping onto the very comfortable bed Jack let out a sigh of relief as he let his body sink into the bed. Jack let himself enjoy the feeling of the soft bed as his mind wandered. It was the second time he had any time to actually stop and think about what happened, the first being his brief time in the dungeon.

Jack tossed and turned a bit as he tried to figure out how all this had happened. He was still fairly sure this was just his imagination going wild and that he was still asleep in his own bed in his room. Sadly that was not the case, looking down at his torn shirt was all the proof he needed to know that this was indeed not a dream. Hell he could practically feel it when that guard had shot at him resulting in his now ruined shirt.

‘Need to find someone to fix this shirt, can’t exactly walk around with my stomach exposed.’

Rolling onto his other side Jack tried to catch some z’s and hope tomorrow would be less hectic.






Think it’s time to see what Twilight’s been up to wouldn’t you say?






“Again I’m terribly sorry about the mess in the room.” Twilight apologized for what seemed to be the hundredth time.

The hotel manager merely nodded replying, “Really it’s okay. I’ll have some of the staff come up and clean it up in the morning and you more than paid for the damages so really it’s no problem Miss Sparkle.”

“Well if you’re absolutely positive…”

“For the last time yes! Now please let my people get to work cleaning this up. Also I am sorry to have to say it but we don’t have any other rooms available so you might want to try one of the other hotels.”

“Oh that’s no problem I was going to head over to the castle anyways.”

“Very well then, take care Miss Sparkle”

Waving good bye Twilight started trotting off toward the castle. As soon as she was out of sight she let out a heavy sigh. Twilight was not pleased at all that Lyra had left her to clean up a mess SHE made. As annoyed as she was with her friend Twilight couldn’t help be somewhat happy at the fact that Celestia summoned her to the castle, it had been a while since they last saw each other and Twilight couldn’t wait to see her mentor again.

After several minutes Twilight had finally reached the castle. Upon reaching the front entrance the two guards on duty saw her, gave a curt nod and let her through. Heading up the stairs to the main doors she was greeted by another guard who opened the doors for her allowing her into the castle.

Walking through the main hall Twilight looked around and saw that there were some ponies working on the double doors leading into the throne room. She trotted up to one and asked, “Excuse me sir?” one of the workers turned around to look at her, “I was just wondering, what happened here.”

In a gruff voice the stallion replied, “Oh this? Yeah well apparently some weird lookin creature went running about the castle causing all kinds of trouble. Eventually caused the guards chasing em to crash into this here door so now we’re fixing it. Kinda annoyin too, know how hard it is to make these fancy doors?”

“Ah no I don’t sorry but I have to get going. Thank you for answering my question though!”

The gruff pony merely grunted and went back to work as Twilight walked past the workers and into the throne room. Upon entering she found instead of Celestia she found Luna sitting upon the throne. It made sense since it was night time but Twilight was so used to seeing Celestia up there that it was going to take some getting used to seeing Luna up there as well.

Bowing before Luna she said, “Hello princess, it’s wonderful to see you again.”

“Ah, Twilight Sparkle it has been to long since we last met. How do thee fare on this wonderful night?”

“To be honest you highness I could be better. But that’s not why I’m here Celestia said she wanted to see me as soon as possible. You wouldn’t happen to know where she is would you?”

Luna merely nodded and pointed a hoof at the opposite side of the room. Twilight followed the hoof to where it was pointed and was happy to see Celestia walking in.

“Princess Celestia!” exclaimed Twilight as she ran up and nuzzled against the princess.

“Ah Twilight it’s so good to see you!”

After their greeting Celestia motioned for Twilight to follow her down the hall.

“My faithful student I’m sure you’re wondering why I summoned you so suddenly.”

“Oh yes princess! I’m very curious about it since you’re letting didn’t really reveal anything.”

“Yes you see for now I want to keep this a secret until I am sure.”

“Sure of what princess?”

“Sure that he isn’t going to be a problem during his stay here.”

“He?”

By time the finished talking they were already at Jack’s door and Celestia had opened it to reveal the human to Twilight. Twilight’s eyes widened upon seeing the human, she had never seen anything quite like it. Unfortunately she didn’t have time to admire as Jack was thrashing about in his sleep. Celestia notice this as well and quickly nudged Twilight in before shutting the door.

“Twilight I’m going to perform a spell I need you to watch over the both of us.”

“What kind of spell?”

At that Celestia smirked then fell to the ground unconscious. Sufficed to say Twilight’s going to flip the fuck out in right about now.

“Princess! Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no!! This is bad this is very bad!”

Trotting around the room Twilight tried to think of a way to handle the situation.

“It’s going to be okay Twilight! Just gotta keep it together! Keep. It. Together!”

After having a slight episode Twilight levitated Celestia onto the far side of the bed making sure Jack didn’t end up hitting the princess. Shortly after Twilight went back to panic mode which only got worse as Luna came into the room stopping dead in her tracks as she took in the scene of a thrashing Jack lying next to an unconscious Celestia and a very distressed Twilight looking at her with a slight twitch in her eye.

Luna sighed thinking Celestia was playing another one of her games, “Twilight We need thou to watch over us all and if anyone comes by do not let them in. We need to do something.”

And with that Luna too fell to the floor unconscious.Twilight not having a clue how to handle the situation went crazy and ran around the room in a panic for a brief moment before collapsing onto a nearby couch too exhausted to do anything at the moment.





Going into Jack’s little dream world….





As you’d expect from a realm of dreams nothing made ANY friggin sense. However for Jack he had come to expect this whenever he was asleep. Rarely did he dreams make anything BUT sense. Yet this time everything was a lot more confusing than previous times. Looking up in the ‘sky’ were one would typically see clouds Jack saw giant mugs swishing back and forth and spilling their contents as they did. Chances of raining blistering hot chocolate: Imminent.

“Ah hell.”

Jack sprinted off toward whatever shelter he could find. Oddly enough it happened to be a giant shoe looking house.

‘Wow talk about memory lane…’ Jack thought to himself as he headed for the shoe…house…thing.

Upon entering the door Jack found himself inside of Canterlot castle again. However taking a look at his surroundings he noticed where everything used to be very clean and tidy now seemed to be half melted charred and whatever was still intact was and a thick layer of dust on it. Besides the ruined décor it was extremely dark inside the castle.

Having nothing else to do Jack decided to explore the castle. As Jack roamed the unfamiliar halls he noticed the further into the castle he went the more damage he saw. Jack was feeling uneasy as he continued walking through the halls. After a few minutes he came to a door to what he assumed used to be a guest room. Upon entering said room Jack went from feeling uneasy to downright terrified. Sitting on the bed on the opposite side of the room sat Pinkamena who had a sadistic smile as she watched the door open.

“Oh goody! You’re back!”

Jack stood there wide eyed as the crazed pink pony hopped off the bed and took a step towards him.

“So do you want to play again?”

‘Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope fucking NOPE!’ thought Jack as he promptly slammed the door shut and proceeded to run down the hallway.

Not a minute after he had closed the door shut it was shattered as Pinkamena came trotting out.

“Wait come back! I thought of a new game we can play!” exclaimed Pinkamena followed shortly by a very creepy laugh.

“Hell no! Stay the hell away from me!” shouted Jack as he ran like a man possessed.

Pinkamena merely laughed as she hopped after him. Rounding the nearby corner Jack continued to run away from the pony from hell. As he ran he noticed on the walls were there was once elegant and one of a kind pieces of art there was now disturbing messages adorning the walls. Things like, ‘Will you play with me?’ or ‘Don’t you want to try my cupcakes?’ were written on the walls in bold red lettering.

Yet again Jack was pretty much scared shitless and found himself running into the main hall of the castle.

‘Huh, déjà vu.’ Thought Jack as he ran up the stairs leading to the throne room.

“Oh I don’t think you want to play That game again mister human!” shouted Pinkamena as she burst into the main hall not long after Jack had.

Ignoring her and still looking for a place to escape from the pink pony Jack flung the double doors to the throne room open…and proceeded to fall through the air.

“FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK” screamed Jack as the rapidly approaching ground came closer and closer and he plummeted.

As Jack was about to make his peace with god he noticed an odd tingling sensation run throughout his body. Risking a peek Jack opened one eye and found himself hovering several inches from the ground. Looking up he saw both royal sisters looking at him. Celestia wore a small smile and Luna looked at him with worry. Celestia using her magic set Jack down on the ground who gave out a small “oof!” as his was dropped onto the floor.

“Ugh, Little warning next time please?”

Giggling Celestia replied, “And what fun would there be in that?”

Jack rolled his eyes before continuing, “So mind telling me what’s going on? ”

Luna answered this time, “We were hoping you’d tell us. When we found thee in thy room you were thrashing about in your sleep.”

“Luna here thought I was messing with you again since I was unconscious next to you.” Smirked Celestia.

Luna shot a glare at her, “Yes well it wouldn’t be the first time you messed with some poor fellows mind.”

Celestia’s eyes went wide then she looked down with a frown. Jack took note to ask what that was about later.

“Right well if you could I’d like to get the hell out of here before that pink menace tries to kill me…again.”

As if on cue the manic laughter of said pink pony could be heard from up above as she dove towards the trio.

“Umm NOW would be good princesses!” exclaimed Jack.

“Very well then, come stand near us and we will perform the spell.” Said Celestia and she and her sister focused their magic on the spell that would wake the three of them.

Soon the three started to glow as the magic took effect. Pinkamena upon seeing the three trying to escape howled in rage knowing she couldn’t get to them fast enough.

“I’ll get you! You will play more games with me I swear it!” she hollered sending a shiver down Jacks spine as the three of them disappeared and were swallowed up by darkness. The darkness didn’t last long as a blinding light to place of it and soon Jack and the princesses found themselves gradually waking up.






Back in the guest room with a still passed out twilight…







Luna was the first up shortly followed by Celestia then Jack. During their brief time in Jack’s mind they had tossed and turned a lot with Jack ending up in a rather embarrassing position with Celestia. Luna blushed madly upon seeing the two and ran out the door Tia just giggled and put on a seductive gaze looking towards Jack.

“My my, usually your supposed to take the lady on a date first but I’ll let it slide this time.”

“I-I but um uhh” muttered Jack as he jumped off the bed blushing madly.

Celestia laughed, “Oh lighten up! I was only kidding.” With that she left the room.

Luna was waiting outside still blushing but now glaring at her sister.

“That was very rude sister! Embarrassing him like that!”

Celestia merely laughed again, “Oh come now Lulu! I was only having a bit of fun.” Celestia know had a knowing look about her, “Besides I saw the way you looked at him, both when you brought him to his room and again when we all woke up.”

Luna turned an intense shade of red, “Tis a lie! We do not look at him in any sort of way!”

“Believe what you want dear sister I know the signs when I seem them, take care Luna!”

With that Celestia trotted off down the hall leaving a very flustered Luna at Jack’s door. Meanwhile inside Jack’s room Twilight finally started to come to after her little episode.

“Ugh my head…Wait where’s the princesses?!”

“Whoa calm down they just left not even a minute ago. Now would you mind telling me who you are? I’m Jack.”

Jack extended a hand in greeting which Twilight cautiously accepted.

“Umm right, I am Twilight Sparkle and Princess Celestia had originally planned for me to get to know you. We could start now if you like?”

Jack scratched his head as he tried to forget about that damn pink pony before replying, “Uhh if it’s all the same to you I’d prefer if we started this maybe after lunch.”

“Of course I’m pretty hungry myself. Come on! I’ll show you to the dining room!”

With that the pair walked out the door and bumped into Luna who was still standing there. Startled Luna jumped back a bit then made up some excuse before running off somewhere.

After an awkward silence Twilight said, “Well, that was weird. I’ve never seen Princess Luna act like that before, and I think she was blushing too!”

Twilight brought a hoof to her chin thinking for a moment before shrugging and motioning for Jack to follow her. Jack simply nodded and they both proceeded to the dining room. After a quick lunch and some small talk Twilight and Jack returned to his room to get started.

“Alright let me just get my checklist and some paper and we’ll be all set.”

Twilight then excused herself from the room and trotted to the room she had left her bags at. After a few minutes Luna returned to the room. Upon seeing her Jack sat up on the bed and motioned for her to make herself comfortable.

“Jack, before Twilight returns We’d like to ask you about that dream realm we were in during our brief time in your mind.”

Jack rubbed the back of his neck nervously, “Umm sure, what did you want to know about it?”

“Well during our brief time inside your mind we saw some rather...odd things. Along with that strange pony that had been chasing you.”

Jack gulped, “Umm what did you see exactly?”

“Well-“

Their conversation would have to wait as Twilight came back in carrying her supplies and a very long check list…

“Oh hello again princess!”

“Please, just Luna is fine Twilight.”

“Of course, now Jack, I would just love it if you could go over everything I have here on this checklist.”

And with that she let it drop to the floor unraveling itself and rolling from the door and stopping at Jack’s feet across the room. Needless to say he was in for a very long day thanks to Twilight's inquisitive nature. Seeing no way to escape the most likely hundreds of questions she had Jack let out a sigh.

“Ugh alright Twilight let’s get started.”

Twilight let out a squee of excitement as she prepared to start asking Jack questions about himself and where he came from and what his people were like and… well you get the idea.





Now let’s follow Luna for a bit!







Seeing how Jack would be occupied for the time being Luna excused herself from the room and made her way to the throne room to talk to Celestia. She didn’t get far however as she turned down the hallway she nearly bumped into her sister who was leaning against the wall with a shit eating grin.

“T-Tia! Thou shouldn’t sneak up on is like that!”

“Come now Luna it was you who walked into me. I was just standing here minding my own business.”

Luna gave her a look that said she didn’t believe her. Celestia just kept on smiling at her sister.

“So…did you tell him what we saw?”

“N-no we were about to before Twilight came back and started to ask Jack questions about himself.”

“Aww oh well, there’s always next time. But enough about that! Come, our subjects have been wondering where we’ve ran off too and court won’t run itself.”

Luna nodded and walked with her sister to the throne room yet her mind was still elsewhere. Celestia noticed this but decided to let the two of them figure it out by themselves.