• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 1,232 Views, 10 Comments

The Last Human - Silver Shiner



A story of Lyra telling of her past conections with human's Leading to the point where she finds on

  • ...
2
 10
 1,232

The Dream

Introduction

( The Dream )

“Run!!!”

“Run?! Run where!” “There is no where to run!” “There is lava rushing down from the left and right, and There forcing us back!” “We don't have anywhere that we can run!”

Everything stopped moving, the trees halted form there waving back and forth. The lava moved no further, and the smoke held still, even the smell of ash ceased.

“Wait whats going on?!”

Slowly everything was fading away in a dark shadow of nothingness. Even there pursuers vanished into the black aura coming closer form every side.

“Are they gone? …......... Hey are you listen......”

She turned her head to see the one who has been with her this whole time has also disappeared with the rest of her surroundings.

“Where are you!!......”

Gasping at the sight of nothing. Everything around her quickly had changed from the terrain that she was so familiar with Into a blank desolate place. Everything away from where she was standing was black. There was no light, no shape. It was just nothingness, only the place where she was standing had any color any shape to it. It was a small patch of grass with one flower. It seemed to be the only thing that came with her to this strange place.

“Geese, it's as if I'm on an island in the middle of nowhere..... Where am I?!” She stood there confused and scared. After she looked around at her surroundings for a little bit, she looked down at the flower.

“Well... at least I got you...” She said with a forced smile, and Huff of air.

Immediately after she spoke those words the ground she was on began to shake. The dark area that had been surrounding her began to wave as if it was made of some kind of unknown liquid. It gave off the appearance that it was as unstable as the ground was at this moment.

“What's going on..... Woooah...”

She screamed as the only patch of foot hold she had seemed to be giving away. The dark area became more violent and the ground shook more and more until finally stopping without reason.

Her face seemed to be froze in a state of fear even after the shaking stopped.

The area of black began to move left and right as if something was forcing it that way. The Black liquid began to open a small hole that got larger every second. The hole revealed some sort of light. A light so bright She had to close her eyes when it entered the zone that she seemed to be trapped in.

After a small amount of time the light got dim enough to look at. She raised her head and up from the ground she was lying on and stared at the transparent orb. Much to her surprise the orb began speak. At first It was in a language she could not understand, but over the course of a few seconds the orbs language was completely understandable.

Out from the darkness a light shown forth.
The time of peace has come to an end......
Things long forgotten shall return.....
Plagues shall return to the innocent.....
But...... Do not be afraid, for the time of your destiny is neigh.....

She looked at the orb with a confused and scared stare. She didn't understand what it was talking about so she decided to speak.

“Destiny?!” “What are you talking about? What destiny? Who are you?! Where are you? And whats coming back?”

All shall Be revealed in time child, When the time comes, a civilization lost to time shall make an abrupt appearance. And only you can choose how it forms.....
But be warned the day shall return, And the world will change as you know it....

“Why are you telling me all this?”

For you child are the one who will bring them back, you Lyra are the one chosen to bear this task. As it has been since before you were born, since a time of legend.

“But why me? Why am I so special? I don't even have my cutie mark how am I supposed to do any of this? And how will I know when the time has come?”

Do not be modest in your self, you are more than capable to preform this task. You yourself hold something no other of your race has. And that dear child is the knowledge of them that are to come. When you awaken from this slumber all the knowledge of them shall be sewn into your mind.

“I'm asleep?”

Yes, and when you awaken you will not remember our conversation until the time of destiny is at hand. And when that time comes I shall return unto you.

“What do you mean I'm not going to remember you? If that's the case why tell me any of this now, why not wait till then? I don't understand.”

All will be revealed in time child. Until then farewell.......

“Wait!! Don't leave me! I still have questions, I still don't know what I'm supposed to know.”

She yelled out to the orb as it returned to the hole it came from. Closing it as it entered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Good morning sweetie. Did you sleep well?”

“Yes mother I did.” She said with a half awake grin.

She looked around her room seeing her usual room. Not to extravagant it had what you would expect to find in a little foals room. From a bed, to the book shelves, to the large stack of stuffed animals. She didn't own anything out of the ordinary, nor up to this day did she do anything out of the ordinary. She was the typical unicorn child, she did what she was told, she ate what was given to her, and she loved her family. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. But as of today that was the past. Now she would still do what she was told, and eat what was given to her, and love her family. But now there was something there that hadn't been there before. There was a large vast of information that prier to this date she had never had. But as of the moment it was just sitting there waiting to be let lose. Like a well behaved dog standing calmly as can be, all up until the moment it is released into the outside, which is when it acts on instinct alone. The knowledge in her mind was like this. For now it is just staying there doing nothing but take up space. But.. as soon as the moment that It is allowed out it will be out at full force with nothing to hold it back. But as of now it's just sitting there taking up space. As it will till she decides to use this new knowledge.
Lyra looked back up to her mother as she was getting out of bed.

“Is today the day?”

“Why yes it is. Are you excited about your first day of school?”

She asked while she handed her, her saddle bag. Lyra grabbed her bag and put it on her back.

“Oh yes I can't wait.”

She said with a bit of a squeal. She then walked down her stairs with her mother, and sat at the table that was placed in the middle of the kitchen. Her mother had already placed her breakfast on the table. Lyra saw this and began to eat her cereal.

“Mother do you think Bon-Bon will be in my class? I sure hope so.”

She said while trying to swallow the remaining food in her mouth.

“I don't know I'm sure that you'll find out when you arrive at school today.”

Her mother answered while she was looking around the house for her glasses.

“Are you ready to get going?”

She asked as she found her glasses on the table. Which is where she always places them in the mornings, but still manages to forget every day.

“Yes mother I believe I'm ready.”

Lyra placed her bowl in the sink and walked to the door.

“I really hope she's in my class I have to tell her about these really cool things called humans.”