• Published 6th Aug 2020
  • 1,513 Views, 36 Comments

My Little Avengers: Endgame - Kitsune_Kenshi

  • ...
13
 36
 1,513

CHAPTER 1

"You don't need to do that," Discord said, concentrating on the task at hand. He was sitting at a table inside Capper's ship. He had just flicked a small piece of silver paper , folded up in a triangle across the table, and in between Tempest's hoofs.

Goal.

With her swift reflexes, however, Tempest had caught the paper football. She grunted, and looked at Discord. "Because, uh, you're just holding the position, " he explained. Then he put his paw/claw on the table, outstretched and touching. Both paw/claw pointed upward. He nodded for Tempest to take her shot.

Balancing the football on one pointed end, Tempest flicked the piece of paper with her hoof, and watched as it sailed through the air over the table, missing the goal completely. It landed on Discord's arm. "Oh, yeah," Discord championed her attempt. "That was close,"

Tempest grunted. She took the paper football in her hand, and set it up once more. This time, she flicked the football a little more toward the right. It sailed over the table, right between Discord 's paw/claw.

"That's a goal," Discord confirmed, a smile in his voice.

Tempest straightened visibly, and put both of her hoofs on the table.

"We are now one apiece," Discord proclaimed, keeping score of the game.

"I would like to try again," Tempest determined. She was fascinated with something so simple as a game, in particular one that didn't involve actively trying to defeat a foe by pummeling them into submission in an ill-fated attempt to please her ex-master Storm king. But her life history also provoked her competitive nature.

She flicked the paper football again, missing the goal. Then Discord took another "kick". The football went through the "goalposts".

Discord was ahead,

But Tempest was a swift learner. Another flick of the football, and she made another goal.

"We're tied up," Discord stated for her benefit.

Tempest placed her hoofs on the table to form the goal again. She looks down at her hoofs, then across the table at her adversary, assessing her.

"Feel the tension? It's fun." Discord noted, playfully. Then he flicked the football, watching his shot go horribly away. "That was terrible. Now you have a chance to win." he explained gently, if a bit patronizing.

Taking the football once more, Tempest placed it on the table, flicked it. The piece of paper went right on between Discord's paw/claw, landing on his lap.

"And you've won." he smiled.

Tempest sat back. The words "And you've won" were not ones her ears were usually hearing.

"Congratulations! fair game."

Then Discord did something that both surprised and baffled Tempest. He extended a paw across table, and held it there. She thought... does he expect me to take his paw? To what, smash it?

Then she thought better, and extended her hoof slowly in kind. Then she grasped Discord 's pae Following his lead, the two shook.

"Good sport," Discord said. "Did you have fun?"

"That was fun," Tempest admitted, and she couldn't believe it.

(~)

Another game of football later, and Discord had retired to the flight deck of the spaceship. He was sitting on the cold, metal floor, holding his Iron Draconequus helmet. The headpiece was battle damaged from the war a year ago with Storm King. He had to enact some major-league repairs. But his resources in space were limited.

Discord putted the helmet aside, he felt so lonely. He missed his friends.

Sadly, Storm King snapped that stupid finger of his an wiped out changelings, dragons, hippogriff/sea ponies, Yaks, and their leaders. Almost half of the world's living beings were gone. Discord felt a tear rolled down his eyes, how's Fluttershy, how's her students back at the School of friendship? And most important of all----- are they still there.....

These are not the only problem he's facing; the spaceship's fuel cells were running low, and the oxygen could only last one day. Foods were getting lower each day, so are the water.

He thought about the lack of food aboard the ship. They had used some of their rations just this morning. Discord had offered them to Tempest, but she refused, giving her's to Discord instead. Maybe she was being kind, or they just tasted terrible.

"Oxygen will run out tomorrow morning, and that'll be it. Fluttershy, my friends, I'm so sorry...." the depressed earth draconequus confessed, sounding saddened in his tone. He pulled out a picture of his girlfriend, Fluttershy, and he let out a long, sad sigh.

Tired beyond words, Discord reached out for his jacket,, put it on. Using his arms as pillow, Discord closed his eyes, and drifted into an uncomfortable, unsettled slumber.

Tempest walked onto the flight deck, and saw Discord asleep on the floor. She stood over him, rolled Discord onto his back. Then she got him to his legs and put him bodily into the captain's chair of the ship.

Discord did not waken through it all.

Tempest touched Discord's shoulder in a rare gesture camaraderie and comfort, then moved away, walking toward the interior of the ship. But behind her, she realized something glowing outside the ship's cockpit.

An attack? That was her immediate thought. but when nothing immediately collided with the ship, she wondered if perhaps it was a comet,

The light grew brighter, and Tempest saw Discord was now awake, and trying to shield his eyes with his paw/claw.

Both were stunned when they saw the source of the bright light---- a pony, floating in space, her hair was both red and golden yellow, and her skin is a color of orange.

Discord felt like the pony just brightened his hope.

It was Sunset Shimmer.

The mare smiled.

Author's Note:

An Avenger Endgame crossover. Hope ya'll enjoy!