• Published 22nd Mar 2021
  • 1,246 Views, 70 Comments

Make a Swap - PonyPixel



Something strange is happening to make creatures start switching genders.

  • ...
2
 70
 1,246

A Simple Day Out

When Dash, Gilda, and the dragons returned to the castle they could see Garnette, Barb, and the young six walking away from the school. “Where are you going?” Dash asked.

“We were going into town to try a couple of sporty activities,” Garnette answered. "Is breakfast done yet?"

"We were about to check it out."

"I am kind of hungry," Sandy admitted. She began walking into the castle with Garnette and Smolder following her.

"Hey, I thought we were trying new things or something," Goldenriver reminded her.

"I'm not doing something new on an empty stomach," Gallina stated. She followed her friends inside the castle with Yon and Tarsus. The hippogriff sighed before following his friends inside. Walking down the hall, they could hear various voices chatting with each other.

"You think that'll be a good name?" a voice sounding like Vixen questioned.

"It's the best one I can think of," Thorax spoke. The group walked closer to the kitchen just as Thorax and Vixen carried out the last of the breakfast that Pinkie and Applejack had made. "Oh, you're back."

"Hey, Thorax," Barb spoke. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm getting used to this new form. Plus, Vicky here helped think of a new name for me; Mesosoma."

"Huh. That's a... very unique name."

"What part of the body is that?" Sandy whispered to Tarsus.

"It's the middle part of a bug," Tarsus whispered back to her.

"Anyways, we're ready to eat," Mesosoma stated. "Let's go." The creatures soon went to the map room, where plenty of food had been set out with Pinkie and Applejack sitting there proud of their work.

"Man, I didn't know you two could work that fast," Vixen commented.

"We just have that special touch," Pinkie noted. "I'll get some extra chairs." The pink stallion walked away to do that as Barb sat down in her chair. Garnette sat beside her as they looked at the variety of the breakfast.

"Your friends are good at cooking," the dragoness commented.

"Just wait until you taste it," Barb chuckled. She quickly grabbed a fresh apple fritter and placed it on her plate. Garnette took a little longer to pick her meal as she wasn't used to pony delicacies. She picked some random pastries on her plate. Goldenriver and Yon had already started eating, with the yak being a bit of a messy eater.

“Do all yaks eat like Yon?”

“Not to my knowledge.”

“He’s usually like that when his hunger gets the better of him,” Sandy noted. Garnette turned her attention back to her plate and picked up the apple fritter that was on it. She took a bite out of it and her eyes widened.

“Wow! That tastes amazing.”

“You know it,” Barb chuckled.

Pinkie soon returned with some more chairs so Vixen and Mesosoma could sit down. Vixen quickly took a bite of one of the muffins on the table. “Mmm, she right,” the dragoness commented, “They did a pretty great job.”

“It’s a family skill,” Applejack noted. “You’d be surprised how many things you can bake out of apples.”

Pinkie nodded in confirmation as he grabbed a cupcake or two. “I’m going to tell Rarity about this,” he said. “Be right back.” The pink stallion raced out of the castle to get the boutique, leaving everyone else to their breakfast.

“So, Meso,” Barb said, “Why don’t you tell our guests about yourself?”

“Sure thing,” the changeling queen responded. “Let’s see, well I’m the king... queen of the changelings after the last one was dethroned. Long story. Changelings used to be sort of like love leaches.” Garnette looked over to Tarsus who just nodded in confirmation. Vixen listened to the changeling queen’s story. “After I became the king, or right now queen, the changelings changed their ways for the better.”

“That sounds good,” Vixen commented. “I think dragons have a good chance.”

“I don’t think they’re that bad.”

“You don’t know that much about dragons, do you?” Garnette questioned.

“Well, I have talked with Ember. She… I mean, he… seemed to give me an idea with dragons; creatures who have tempers that get the better of them.”

“That’s not far off,” Smolder commented.

“Anyways, changelings have been trying to expand their culture as back then all we did was hunt.”

“They do poetry, right?” Barb asked. This grabbed Garnette’s attention.

“Barb, right now?”

“What? You don’t have to worry about creatures laughing at you anymore.”

“That might be true, but I don’t have my bongos with me.”

“We can find a substitute,” Mesosoma said. “It’s a good way to break the ice.”

While they had their chat, Pinkie made it to Rarity’s boutique. Walking inside, he found the fashion mare turned stallion was making good progress on Seaspray’s outfit. It looked to be a skin-tight jumpsuit that went quite well with the hippogriff’s feathers and mane. Rarity soon saw his friend entering the boutique. “Oh, hello Pinkie,” Rarity said. “Is breakfast ready?”

“Sure is,” the pink stallion confirmed. “Get it while it’s hot.”

“Yak heard,” Rutherford spoke. She quickly ran through the door nearby ramming into Pinkie.

“So, your friend is the best with the yaks?” Seaspray asked.

“Indeed,” Rarity confirmed.

“...With his energy, I can see why they get along so well.” The creatures quickly went back to the castle to enjoy the breakfast that had been prepared.

Arriving back, they found most of the creatures were already chatting about their different homes. Flicker flew over to Vixen who was happy to see her. “How did it go?” Vixen asked.

“We didn’t get much work done,” Flicker admitted, “But Seaspray’s outfit is going well.” The two looked over to the hippogriff, whose skintight outfit was grabbing some attention.

“Wow, that looks great,” Goldenriver commented.

“Thank you, Silverstream,” Seaspray said.

“It’s Goldenriver for the moment,” Smolder noted.

“...Right.”

“So, how are you taking this so far?”

“Still a little shocked by this and I think I found I’m a little more flexible.”

“You are?” Goldenriver asked.

“It’s true,” Rarity commented. “Care to show them?” Seaspray nodded and managed to bend her leg behind her head, much to the amazement of the creatures at the table.

“You think we could do that?” Vixen questioned.

“I think it’s worth a shot,” Flicker admitted. She was about to copy what Seaspray did but her stomach signaled her to stop. “Maybe later.” The creatures that just arrived started loading up their plates while they all had different conversations.

“You know,” Dash said, “I honestly think I’d like to stay like this.”

“You’re joking,” Gilda gasped.

“I think being a stallion isn’t that appealing but it honestly doesn’t feel that bad. Not to mention I’m way faster now.”

“...You do, I’d like to be back to normal as soon as possible.”

“I hear that,” Beff commented.

“I’m getting used to this,” Dart said. “I don’t remember when I feel like this.”

“You sure it feels... you know… right?”

“You could say that.”

“I’m liking your spirit,” Dash commented. “How about we test our strength when this is over.”

“You’re one.” Beff groaned as she looked across the breakfast meals to find anything as hard as gemstones to her desperation.

While that happened, Rarity told Applejack about his temporary name. “Elusive?” the farm pony questioned.

“Yes,” the unicorn responded. “Hopefully it’s only for a short while. Still, it’s better than being a stallion with a lady’s name.”

“Fair point. You think Pinkie will want a change in his name?”

“Oh, I doubt it. Looking at him, Pinkie is just something that can’t be separated from him. Anyways, I’m really hoping we aren’t stuck like this. Dresses have more variety than tuxedos.”

“You know simplicity is sometimes the best.”

“That’s true.”

Garnette was starting to open up more to the changeling queen and the two were even sharing a laugh. “There’s no way Ember said that,” the dragoness laughed.

“Oh, she did,” Mesosoma giggled.

“Allergic to feelings?”

“That’s what she said.”

“Oh my gosh! I would’ve loved to see that.”

“It’s nothing too exciting.”

“Still would be funny if I could see it.”

“Speaking of seeing,” Yon spoke, “Yona don’t see Pat.”

“Yeah, he brings up a good point,” Sandy commented. “Where is she?”

Vixen spoke up. “She went home with Dragon Lord Ember,” she answered. “I don’t think she could take this anymore.”

“Couldn’t blame her,” Gallina spoke. “It is one thing to become a girl, it would be another to be forced into a place you didn’t want to be.”

“I hope she’s doing alright.”


Pat was busy getting some gems to eat. She whacked her tail against the wall, breaking several gems from the rocks. “Can’t believe things are worse now,” she grumbled. Pat picked up some gemstone to eat as she saw Barry and Billy coming up to her. “Are you two following me?”

“...Maybe,” Barry spoke.

“We just want to know how to handle this like you,” Billy spoke.

“Here’s my advice,” Pat spoke, “You can learn on your own because we’re going to change back when this is all over.”

“And how long is that going to take?”

“Don’t know, don’t care.” Pat soon flew away to have some privacy. After finding a spot, Pat sat down and started eating the gemstones she had. It was a bit quieter than she thought it would be. She looked out from her hiding spot to see some other dragons feeling like fish out of water with the current events. Two dragons were starting to come close to her hiding spot.

Both were male and female are they appeared to be in an argument. “You know how I feel now?” the male questioned.

“Hey, you had an ego that was big as Torch!” the female questioned. “Ooh, my lovely spines. I’m as rare as a diamond.”

“Would you shut up?!”

“Well, you have it easy! I’ve gotten too many dragons trying to date me.”

“They know we’re together.”

“That’s what I said. Where were you when they kept hitting on me?”

“Probably where you should’ve been every time I was challenged to test my strength. They don’t know the meaning of the word ‘no’.”

Their arguing was getting on Pat’s nerves and she had to step in. “Would you two shut up?!” she questioned. She stomped over to the gender-swapped couple.

“We’re dealing with a bit of an issue,” the drake stated. “You’re not the only one that’s having problems.”

“I’ve been having some longer than you. I was one of the first to be flip-flopped.”

“Okay, if you know more than us, how do we deal with dragons trying to date or challenge us?” the dragoness questioned.

“Either you tell them to mind their own business, or you get Dragon Lord Ember involved.”

“That’s what I was thinking,” the drake said. “You know what, I’m telling him right now.” The couple flew away, with Pat noticing they looked much happier. This made the dragoness think about her friends back in Ponyville. She didn’t want to be back at a place she was forced to go, but it felt like something was missing in the Dragon Lands.

Pat groaned as she had a feeling that ponies might’ve had something to do with this guilty feeling. “Please, don’t tell me I have to go back there to make me feel better.” With a load of frustration, Pat quickly ate the rest of the gems she found before she went to find Ember.

The Dragon Lord was in the middle of an argument with the couple Pat had just talked with. After a few minutes of waiting impatiently, the couple flew away and Ember looked towards Pat. “What’s wrong now?” the Dragon Lord questioned.

“If I knew that, I wouldn’t ask for help, now would I? I’ve been feeling terrible since I left my friends in Ponyville and I think that I need to go back there. Which is something I don’t want to do.”

“Well... There are a lot of things like that. If I didn’t do things like that... I probably wouldn’t be a good Dragon Lord.”

“What do you mean?”

Ember took a minute to breathe in and out before answering. “I had the task of having dragons getting along with not just each other but with other creatures as well. You know that’s not an easy task.”

“Definitely not.”

“Still, Twilight and Spike said it was for the best. And honestly, after fighting those three buffoons, I think we can agree they were right.”

“Yeah, that was fun. Wish I could do it more often.”

“Same. Anyways, if you want to feel better, you should go back and see how your friends are doing. I know you don’t like being around ponies, but I think some of them would be happier if you were with them.”

Pat thought for a moment before she responded. “Okay, I’m only doing this because you’re the dragon lord and you’re asking nicely. I’m going to grab a snack to go and then I’ll head back.”

“You do that. I’ll keep the rest of the dragons in control.” Pat walked away and Ember thought about what just happened. “Huh, Thorax is right. They will listen better if I’m nicer.” He gave a sniffle as he thought his allergies were starting to act up.


The breakfast feast was a success given the fact that almost all of the meals were gone. Barb and Pinkie were placing the leftover into some containers while Elusive checked on Seaspray’s workout uniform. “Hmm, I still need to do some work,” the stallion commented.

“I wish I could stay and help,” Seaspray said, “But I need to report back to King Novo.”

“Yak needs to return to kingdom too,” Rutherford added.

“So do I,” Mesomona sighed. “I wish I could stay longer, but I have a job to do.”

“You do what you need to do,” Fluttershy commented.

“We’re going to stick around for a little while longer,” Gilda said with Gabby nodding in confirmation.

“I’ll change out of this,” Seaspray said, “Then I’m going back to Mount Aris.”

Mesomona and Rutherford headed to the castle exit while Elusive helped the hippogriff out of the uniform. Seaspray followed the queen and princess to the station, leaving everyone else to their activities.

“So, now what?” Vixen asked.

“Maybe we go to Rari... Elusive’s,” Flicker suggested.

“Not a bad idea,” the unicorn commented. “I can still make your dress.” The stallion looked at Barb and Garnette. “Now, if the rest of you would like to volunteer to be models.”

“You’re joking,” Beff muttered.

“Models?” Garnette questioned.

“I’ve helped Elusive with dressmaking before,” Barb said. “I think you might enjoy it.”

Garnette looked a little unsure. “If you don’t want to help out, that’s fine. Fashion isn’t for everyone.”

“I’m up for it,” Sandy spoke.

“Seriously?” Gallina questioned.

“This is likely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”

“You go ahead and do that. I’m going to stick with the boys and do some sports.”

“Suit yourself,” Barb said. “Lead the way, Elusive.” Barb, Sandy, and Flicker followed the fashion stallion walked back to the boutique. Dart walked over to Gallina with a smirk on her face.

“So, what do ponies have to offer?” Dart asked. “I’ve already had a couple of races. How about something for strength?”

“We’ll take a look around town and see,” Gallina chuckled. Applejack and Pinkie stayed behind to clean up breakfast while everyone else went into town.


At the boutique, Elusive placed Seaspray’s outfit to the side for now as she got the dragons’ and Sandy’s measurements. “I’m kind of excited for this,” the stallion admitted. “I have made suits for Barb before, but now I get to make her a dress.”

“How is this special?” Flicker asked a little puzzled.

“Suits are a little harder to add some flare to. Dresses can have practically any kind of look to them. Now, what color would you girls like to have?”

“Green and violet,” Barb answered.

“Yellow and white,” Sandy spoke.

“Red and pink,” Flicker responded. She blushed a little bit as this was a completely new experience for her.

“Very well,” Elusive said. He quickly got his glasses and grabbed some rolls of silk of the colors her assistants told her.

“So, now what?”

“This is the part where we wait,” Barb explained.

“But... What will our dresses look like?”

“That’s for Elusive to decide. Trust me, they are going to look great.”

“We just need to find something to pass the time,” Sandy noted. They looked over to Elusive using his sewing machine with some violet material.

“I brought some comics to help pass the time,” Barb spoke. She showed the backpack she had brought which she opened up to show different comic books. She handed one of them to Flicker, showing it to be an issue of the Power Ponies.

“What are the Power Ponies?” Flicker questioned.

“It’s a group of superheroes who fight a various amount of villains,” Sandy explained.

“That sounds interesting.” Flicker opened the comic she was given and could see the various picture with speech bubbles. “Um, this is a little different from the books.”

“Yeah, comics are a little more simplistic,” Barb explained. “Still, the artwork and story are great.” Flicker took their word for it and read the comic she was given and sat down in a nearby chair. After reading a few panels she was now a bit interested in what was going on.

Meanwhile, at the rolling rink, Gallina and Smolder had bought some skates for them, their friends, and the visiting dragons. Garnette, Dart, Vixen, and Beff looked at the ponies racing around the rink. “I’m surprised that they’re still doing this despite what happened,” Garnnette commented.

“I know,” Beff agreed. “I would’ve stayed home.”

“This honestly seems kind of fun,” Vixen admitted. She was given her set of roller skates and sat down to put them on. “Okay, so how does this work?” Gallina explained how to tie the laces together, as dragons didn’t have footwear.

“So, do ponies use these things?” Dart questioned.

“Usually just for sport,” Tarsus explained. “Need some help putting these on?”

“Nah, I’ve got this.” Dart slipped the skates onto her feet and saw the laces would get stuck under the wheels. She tried to get rolling, but once one of the laces got under the wheels, she tripped and faceplanted. “Maybe a little.” Tarsus helped the dragoness up as Beff and Vixen managed to get her skates on.

“So, you think we have an unfair advantage to the ponies?” Vixen asked. Beff looked to be in deep thought so she didn’t answer her friend’s question. “Beff?” Vixen tapped her shoulder, which made the dragoness turn her head.

“What?” the black and green dragoness questioned. Vixen repeated her question and Beff just gave a low brow. “I’m honestly here to make sure you guys don’t lose yourself.”

“Seriously? The diamond changed our bodies, not our minds.”

“Then how come Dart has become so athletic?” Vixen looked over to the said dragoness, who had gotten her laces together thanks to Tarsus.

“Well, we weren’t able to express ourselves that much around most dragons. I mean, how much have you heard Flicker speaking around more than two dragons?”

“...Not really.”

“Maybe being around nicer creatures allows her to show her true colors. I mean, were you expecting Garnette to be a poet?”

“...You have a point.” Suddenly, they heard the doors of the rink burst open. Several ponies ran away from the big brown dragoness that was looking around.

“Pat?” Vixen flew over to her friend and landed, nearly slipping on her skates. “I thought you went back to the Dragon Lands.”

“I did,” Pat explained, “But I felt like something was missing.”

“You were missing them weren’t you,” Smolder said. The two looked to see a smug drake with his arms crossed and his eyebrow raised.

“Look, the Dragon Lands were in a mess and Ember didn’t want me making more problems.”

“Sure. Keep telling yourself that. Anyways, you want to share in roller skating?”

“Is that what’s on your feet?”

“Yep,” Vixen confirmed. “We were just about to start.”

“...Yeah, no. I just flew to the Dragon Lands and back. Just so you know, it's pretty far.”

"Suit yourself." Vixen led her tired friend over to the benches while Goldenriver and Gallina stepped into the rink where the other customers were skating around. The hippogriff was excited and quickly started accelerating to keep up with the flow of the other skaters.

“So, we just roll around with these skates?” Beff questioned.

"That's the idea of this," Rainbow Dash commented. He was ready to and quickly raced onto the rink with Gilda in tow. Beff stood up and nearly fell over if it wasn't for her wings flapping to make her airborne.

"Why would they roll around if they could fly?"

"The idea is speed!" Gallina answered zooming past.

Dart rolled over to her friend looking rather confident. "Come on Beff," Dart said, "Let's show them how we do this. Dragon style." Beff liked the sound of that and they both rolled onto the rink, quickly picking up speed thanks to their wings. Smolder was helping her sister get her balance when Dash and Gilda zipped past them.

“Man, how fast is that pony?” the dragoness questioned.

“Ever heard of a sonic boom?” Smolder questioned. Garnette started picturing what her brother was talking about and was amazed. “Yep.”

Dash and Gilda raced around the rink at speeds that would probably be slow compared to their flight. Dart and Beff started rolling beside them with the blonde wanting to have some fun. “Hey, you think you’re just as fast on the ground as you are in the air?” Dart asked.

“Racing again?” Dash asked.

“You bet.”

“Okay, no wings this time.” The stallion and dragoness quickly took off with their wheels spinning like mad. Gilda was tempted to join in until Beff tapped his shoulder.

“Hey, how long have you know Dash?” Beff questioned.

“I was fledgling when we first met,” Gilda explained. “We had a little fallout when I visited Ponyville, but after that, we got along well.”

“Uh-huh, and did he say anything about this change.”

“I’m pretty sure I heard him saying that he would like to be like this for a little while longer after they found the solution.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah, I know. Then again, he’s a part of the Wonderbolts.” This confused Beff a little bit. Gilda led her off of the rink so they could sit down and he could explain. “Okay, so basically they’re a bunch of pegasi that fly around and put on shows for creatures to look at.”

“That sounds cool.”

“Yeah. I’m guessing since Dash is faster as a stallion, he’d like to stay this way.”

“And you’re not upset about this?”

“Surprise, but a need for speed doesn’t seem out of character for Dash.” The griffon tilted his head before asking the dragoness a question. “Is something going on with your friends?”

Beff sighed. “Before came to visit Ponyville, Dart was lazy. I’m talking about naps that could sleep through the end of Equestria. We managed to wake Pat up a couple of times, getting some bruises in return. Dart, however, was just impossible. Now she’s wanting to challenge your friend to any kind of competition.”

“Really? Aren’t most dragons like that?”

“Well... Yeah, my friends and I get into games like king of the hoard, lava surfing, tail wrestling, stuff like that.”

“So, maybe Dart’s just getting into her competitive nature. I’ve seen Dash take naps with snores louder than Grandpa Gruff.” Beff didn’t understand this joke. “He’s an old griffon where I live. Lives up to her name.”

“Sorry, you live near him.”

“The trick is to make the complaints sound like white noise.” This made the dragoness chuckle a bit.

Over with Pat, she just watched the skaters roll around the rink. She still wasn’t in the mood to join in, not just because she was still tired from her flight, it was also because she didn’t see the point of running around on shoes with wheels. She saw a gray griffon sit beside her which a plate of nachos.

“Hey,” Gabby said. “Have we met?”

“I don’t think so,” Pat spoke. “Who are you?”

“I’m Gabby,” the griffon said. “You?”

“...Pat. That’s my temporary name.”

“You don’t like the gender swap, do you?”

“You think? I’m not sure how you’d do back at your home, but in the Dragon Lands, drakes are going to be all over me. I saw a couple of them try on some unlucky girls.”

“Uh-huh. I thought something like that would happen.”

“You did?”

“Yeah, I had a little chat with your friends on the way here. Mostly, Garnette and Smolder. To me, this doesn’t honestly seem that bad.”

“In your opinion. In mine, it’s going to be horrible.”

“I think you won’t have to stay this way forever. They’re still trying to make that cure right?”

“And I can’t wait long enough.” Pat lied back with a groan as Gabby looked at the nachos he was holding. Trying to cheer the dragoness up, the griffon offered one of his nachos to her. She held a cheese-coated chip over Pat’s face and she looked curious. “What’s that?”

“A nacho. It’s a pony snack. You should try it.” Pat was given the chip from the griffon and tossed it into her mouth. The cheesy taste lit up the dragon’s mouth.

“Wow.”

“I know. Want some more?” That might’ve been a mistake as Pat snatched the small plate of nachos out of the griffon’s talons. She quickly munched the snack down, much to Gabby’s amazement. “You were pretty hungry, were you?”

“I hate a light breakfast.”

“Well, you missed a feast at the castle earlier. I think there are still some leftovers there.”

“...Where were you when I was checking the castle?”

“I believe I was here.” The griffon smiled didn’t do much for the dragon’s bitter mood. Not wanting to fly all the way back to the castle right now, Pat decided she’d lie back down and enjoy the nachos she had.

Dash and Dart were busy running around the rink much faster than the other skaters were used to. “You really think you can outrun me?” Dash questioned.

“You’ve definitely got speed,” Dart scoffed, “But we dragons have you outclassed in stamina.” With that, the dragoness pushed the stallion back to boost her speed. Dash flapped his wings to help push himself forward. The two were neck and neck again but were going too fast for their skates to handle. The axel of Dart’s skate couldn’t take it anymore and snap away.

This caused the dragoness to lose control and grabbed onto the stallion to keep her balance. This resulted in her and Dash crashing into the wall. Dart went head first into it, while Dash flew over it into the nearby snack bar. The stallion groaned as he was now covered in ketchup and mustard. “Put this on my tab,” he groaned. Dash looked over to Dart, who left a pretty bad dent in the wall.

Tarsus stopped nearby the crash very concerned. “Are you okay?!” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Dart responded. She stood up like she just tripped over a rock. The axels of her skates were red hot now, and the wheels were probably never going to roll again. Vixen stopped beside them and saw the damages.

“I think we had enough fun here,” she commented.

“Yeah, we should probably get going,” Tarsus agreed.


The group of creatures left the roller rink in search of another activity for them to do. “How Sandbar and friends doing?” Yon questioned.

“What?” Beff asked. She had a hard time upstanding the yak’s broken English.

“She’s talking about Sandy, Barb, and Fizzle,” Smolder explained.

“You think they’re done by now?” Tarsus asked.

“Let’s find out.” The two friends took off as the other did their best to keep up.

They made it to Elusive’s boutique and opened the door to find the stallion was busy testing Barb’s new dress. The skirt looked like it was a ballgown design and the sleeves looked too puffy. “How are you feeling Barb?” the stallion asked.

“This... Feels pretty nice,” the dragoness admitted. She gave the ballgown a twirl before she noticed the creatures walking in. “Oh, hey guys.”

“Barb, is that really you?” Smolder questioned.

“Um... Yeah. What do you think of this?”

“...You look pretty nice,” Vixen commented. They all walked inside and some of them got a closer look at Barb’s work-in-progress dress.

“I must say, I really outdid myself,” Elusive boasted. Many of the creatures agreed, with most of the dragons not impressed.

“I don’t see what the point is if we don’t wear clothes,” Beff muttered.

“Kind of a waste of time,” Pat whispered in agreement.

“Hang on, where’s Flicker?” Garnette asked.

“She and Sandy should be in the back,” Elusive explained. “I can only make one dress at a time.” Garnette, Yon, Vixen, Gallina, Goldenriver, and Gabby went to investigate. They found Sandy and Flicker taking a look at some accessories that Elusive had made previously. The young mare was putting on a sunhat that would go great with her new dress while Flicker found a red bow.

“So, do ponies really wear clothes like this?” the dragoness asked.

“Usually they’re worn for special occasions,” Sandy explained. “Still, most ponies wear some bit of accessories most of the time.”

“Like Applejack’s hat.”

“Exactly.” Sandy was about to get more accessories until she was taken by surprise by Yon walking up to her.

“Sandy dressing up?” the yak questioned.

“...Kind of. Elusive can only make Barb’s dress, so we’re just waiting until his hooves are full.”

“Can’t you do it?” Garnette questioned.

“We have been given lessons on sewing,” Goldenriver commented, “Though, Elusive never let us use it the sewing machine without her.”

“Maybe I could learn,” Vixen said. This was quite a surprise to Garnette.

“You sure about that?” Garnette questioned.

“Well, Dragon Lord Ember did send us here to learn new things about ponies. I’m sure to learn about the stuff they use counts as learning.”

“She’s not wrong,” Gabby commented. “We just need to ask Elusive.” The griffon and curious dragoness walked back to the stallion, who was still working on Barb’s dress.

“I really hope that I can get to work on more dresses for other species,” Elusive admitted to Barb.

“Excuse me,” Vixen spoke.

Elusive looked towards the dragoness, who was holding her claws together. “What is it?”

“I was curious if you could show me how to make clothing like you.”

This was surprising to a couple of the creatures, but Elusive liked the sound of it. “If that’s what you like, we can get started right now.”

“Perfect.”

Beff couldn’t believe this. “Um, Vicky, can I have a word with you?” she asked. Vixen, a little confused, followed her friend outside of the boutique as Elusive took another look at the drawing she had made of the exercise suit.

Outside, Beff was fuming. “Beff, is something wrong?” VIxen asked.

“You bet there’s something wrong. That diamond is messing with your minds. First Dart becomes sporty, then Flicker is wanting to try on dresses, and now you want to make dresses.”

Vixen didn’t look happy hearing that. “So, just because we’re picking up new hobbies means we’re completely different creatures?”

“I honestly thought that Gilda was onto something but I’m not sure what to trust anymore!” The sound of Beff’s voice got the attention of the rest of the dragons. They walked outside to join in with the argument.

“Beff, what the heck are you talking about?” Garnette questioned.

“I’m saying we need to fix this before we lose ourselves.”

“What?” Flicker questioned.

“Did she seriously just say that?” Dart asked.

“Pat, back me up here,” Beff requested.

“She’s not entirely wrong,” Pat admitted.

“What is she talking about?” Garnette questioned.

“Dart has been acting differently ever since she became a girl. Honestly, I think Flicker’s acting differently too.”

“They’re both perfectly fine,” Vixen stated.

“Really? When the last time Dart wanted to start a contest.” The dragons looked between each other as they couldn’t remember the event that Beff describe.

“That’s a point for our theory,” Pat commented.

“Well, we’re all still ourselves,” Garnette stated.

“So why is Flicker acting like a coward?” Beff questioned.

“What?” the said dragoness questioned. Her voice was very quiet which added to Beff’s argument.

“Look, she helped us fight off sling tails before we came here, and now she can barely get louder than a whisper.”

“Well, how else was she suppose to take this?” Garnette questioned. “We’ve been...”

“No, I want to hear what Flicker has to say about this.” Beff crossed her arms and waited for the pink and white dragoness to respond. Flicker started muttering words as she started feeling a little anxious as all eyes were on her. They could barely make out what she was saying.

“And that’s another point proven.”

“If this is true, what are we suppose to do about it?” Vixen questioned. “Twilight and her friends are doing everything they can do to fix this and we don’t know if they fixed it yet.”

“Then we’re going to make them go faster. Come on Pat.” The two dragonesses flew off back to the castle, leaving their friends behind.

“They aren’t taking this well,” Garnette commented.

“Clearly not,” Vixen agreed. Not wanting to waste their time talking with Beff and Pat in their current mood, the remaining dragonesses walked back into the boutique. Vixen was starting to cheer up when Elusive got his sewing machine to show how dressmaking worked.

“Now, Vicky,” Elusive spoke, “It’s important to remember to keep the shoe, this part, firmly planted on the material you plan on sewing together.”

“Okay. How do I make it started?”

“You place your foot on this pedal here.” The dragoness looked down at the pedal and placed her foot on it to apply pressure. When the pedal went down, the machine started working. The needle went up and down until Elusive stopped her. “Okay, now we just need some tread.”

The unicorn went to get some as Smolder and Barb walked over to Garnette. “What was going on out there?” Barb asked. Garnette explained Beff’s crazy theory about the diamond affecting their personalities.

“I thought she was supposed to be the smart one of the group,” Smolder commented.

“Well, maybe she isn’t thinking straight,” Garnette guessed. “She and Pat are going back to the castle to somehow speed things up.”

“How? Rubbing it like a genie?”

“That’s probably the best idea they have.”

“Why don’t you just let your friends blow off some steam and enjoy your time here?” Barb suggested.

“Barb is right,” Elusive commented. “Let your friend let out her anger. Right now, I think I could help make some designs for you.”

“For us?” Dart questioned.

“I’m on a bit of roll now. Maybe I could make some exercise suits for you.”

“I think my Wonderbolt uniform will be fine,” Dash spoke.

“You’re probably going to need a bigger one,” Gilda commented. Being a stallion, Dash would need a suit that was bigger than one made to fit a mare.

“What are the Wonderbolts?” Dart asked.

“A team of pegasi that performs shows and fly around real fast.”

“Sounds cool.”

Soon, Elusive came back with a roll of thread. “Okay, I think this should be a good one to use for testing,” he spoke. He hooked up the thread to the sewing machine’s needle. He placed some bits of fabric for the thread to connect them together. He assisted Vixen with slowly working the machine and connected to the two bits of fabric. “You’re doing very good.”

“Thank you,” Vixen responded. She slowly carried on with sewing the bits of cloth together as Elusive took out his notebook and began drawing some ideas.

"Do you think Beff and Pat will do anything reckless?" Barb questioned.

"I sure hope not," Garnette admitted. "I don't want anything worse to go on."