• Published 12th Oct 2020
  • 592 Views, 6 Comments

Legend of Zelda: Equestria - Robert Emerald Fountain



Link's quest to save Equestria from Ganondorf

  • ...
6
 6
 592

Awakening Flurry Heart

When Link and Epona woke up the next morning, the rain had not stopped, but it had eased up enough that they did not need the goggles. After catching and cooking a fish from a nearby lake, Link ate a simple breakfast and gave two apples to Epona. Once they were ready, they continued towards the cave where the Tree of Harmony was. Flurry Heart was nowhere near the tree, but there was a glowing spot that sent Link to her. She was laying unconscious in the pinnacle of Twilight's castle. As Link readied his last arrow, he noticed that it was glowing brighter than the others. He then heard Zelda call out to him.

"The fourth arrow has two types of energy inside it. The first type will charge Flurry Heart with the sacred power to weaken Ganondorf, and the second type will come in handy at a later time."

Link nocked the arrow and shot it straight into Flurry's back. She screamed as the stinging pain woke her up.

"YEEOW," she yelped.

Link pulled the arrow out when he saw that it was now glowing blue instead of yellow like it had been previously. He explained what was going on and Flurry walked over to the window. Gazing toward Canterlot, she prepared herself for when she had to fire the powerful energy that Link had given her. A magical flame flew through the window and became a scroll that Link grabbed and unrolled. His heart sank in despair when he read it. The scroll had smudges from where tears had dripped on it, but the writing was still readable.

"Twilight is dead. The doctors were able to treat her injuries, but her life could not be saved."

When Flurry saw the scroll, she broke down in tears. After drying his own tears and cheering up Flurry Heart. Link rushed down to the front doors and blew his horse whistle as loud as he could. Epona came rushing and Link mounted her to find the pieces of Neighsay's medallion.