• Published 16th Jul 2020
  • 571 Views, 14 Comments

WARRIORS - CROSSOVER KING



Two mortal enemies must put their differences aside in order to save their world from the malicious queen of the Changelings.

  • ...
2
 14
 571

Danger surrounds us, but won't bring us down

Some moments after they teleported out of Chrysalis' throne room, the group collected their remaining members who were fighting entire hordes of Changelings in the feeding area. Immediately afterwards, they all instantly teleported right outside the royal palace in Bright Moon.

One of the said members was Princess Mermista of Salineas, a dark-skinned girl with a thicker body type, black-painted nails, brown eyes, and deep teal hair with a pattern that had a close resemblance to a wave, referencing her powers and kingdom. She was wearing a tracksuit with teal and turquoise scales and a gold collar, gold and turquoise pauldrons, golden bracelets, golden ear cuffs, and gold, teal, turquoise, and blue high-top sneakers.

Another member was Seahawk, Mermista's eccentric ally and companion. He was a fair, well-built man with dark burgundy tousled hair (held back by a black headband), black eyes, and a "naturally shiny" handlebar mustache. He wore a white shirt with a square collar and a triangular cutout, a red neckerchief, a blue jacket with gold accents, brown bracers with gold accents, dark grey pants, a brown belt with a holster and golden buckle, gold trapezoid-like earrings, and thigh-high cuffed leather boots with golden tips on the sole.

Then, there was Frosta, who had a short cobalt blue bob cut, blunt bangs and two strands of hair that were hanging in front of her ears. She also had almond-shaped black eyes, blue triangular eyebrows, and wore a three-pointed ice crown that sat like a hairband. Her round face and short stature lent to her young age of 11 and 3 quarters, a youth she resented amongst the older princesses. Moreover, she was wearing a blue jacket lined with white fur, a dark slate blue belt, light khaki pants and fur-lined boots that were cerulean, light blue, and dark blue.

The last (but certainly not least) was Huntara, a mercenary Adora and her friends had met during their adventure in the Crimson Waste. She had lilac-coloured skin with white hair styled in a tight ponytail, and also greenish yellow eyes. She appeared to have a spiral shaped marking on the top side of her head, and two stripe markings on her right thigh. She had a very muscular body. She wore two red bands with a gray purple waistcoat with gray golden details. She also had gray purple gloves with gray golden details, and some gray purple shorts with gray gold pieces from the sides. Moreover, she was wearing golden knee pads and Horde uniform boots with white bands.

Before the group could get a chance to take a breath and relax, the front gates of the palace suddenly opened, and the ruler of Bright Moon, Queen Angella, appeared.

She had long, dual-toned hair of both pink and purple. Her skin also had a tint of purple to it. She possessed a pair of translucent shimmery wings. Her outfit consisted of a long, blue cape, pink leotard and light purple leggings with purple boots. An opalescent gem adorned her forehead, matching her pearl-drop earrings. She wore special gloves that were white to make her royal personality stand out more.

In addition to all that, she had a very stern expression on her face and upon seeing the group, she furiously asked, "Glimmer?! What is going on here?!"

In response, Glimmer stepped forward, let out a small nervous giggle, and replied, "Hi, mom. I... I can explain everything."


Soon enough, all of the former Horde members were imprisoned inside the guest room while the Resistance members argued amongst ourselves what they were going to do in regards to both their prisoners and the Changeling situation. Needless to say, there was a whole lot of tension inside the guest room due to everything that had happened in the last few days. Catra was still furious with Shadow Weaver for betraying her trust and so, she was standing beside the door with her arms crossed and staring at the ground with a huge frown on her face. Shadow Weaver, meanwhile, was meditating on the ground about a dozen feet away from Catra. As for Scorpia, she was standing right in the middle of the distance between them, constantly looking back and forth between them with an uncertain look on her face.

After about five minutes of this awkward situation, Scorpia finally took a deep breath and tried to fill in the silence by saying, "Uhhh... Catra? Have you thought about what are we gonna do once we get out of here? I mean, we ARE getting out of here at some point in the near future, right? I'm sure you'll come up with a brilliant escape plan very soon. I know you will. Once you do, we'll bust out of here in no time. After that, we can go back to the old gang at the Crimson Waste and stay there as long as you want. Wouldn't that be great? Now, of course I don't wanna confuse you if you've already decided on a different plan. I'm just saying- "

"We're taking the fight to Chrysalis", Catra suddenly said, causing Scorpia to give her a very confused look.

"Um, what did you just say?", she asked.

Catra replied without looking at her, "Like you said, I'm in the middle of coming up with an escape plan. Once I do, we'll break out of this cell and go to the Crimson Waste. Once there, we'll gather the gang and then we'll attack the Changelings with everything we've got. Fright Zone will be ours again and I'm going to tear Chrysalis apart limb from limb."

Even though Scorpia was visibly creeped out by this plan, she once again became confused when Shadow Weaver interjected, "This is a task too difficult to complete with just a band of mercenaries. You'll need more help."

This finally caused Catra to look at Shadow Weaver and she said with utter irritation, "From an old hag like you? Forget it!"

"Actually, I wasn't referring to myself", replied Shadow Weaver. "I mean you need Adora's help. Only she can give you the strength to stand a chance against Chrysalis."

Upon hearing that, something finally snapped inside Catra and she let out a dry laughter before furiously declaring, "Yeah, right! I should just let her lead the charge against the Changelings and even let her be the one to finish off Chrysalis! Is that it? Well, I have news, you dumb witch. I am no longer that weak cadet who constantly relied on Adora for protection! I am no longer that weak cadet whom you constantly punished for being sloppy or irresponsible! I am strong now! I lead my own army! I need no one's help or criticism to take care of myself! You got that?! NO ONE! Not Adora and certainly not you!"

As she started breathing very heavily, Shadow Weaver let out a deep sigh and finally stoop up. She then placed her right hand on Catra's left shoulder and said, "You don't have to like each other, but you both need each other tin order o take down Chrysalis and her army. If you attack them head-on with your mercenaries, you will most certainly be outnumbered a hundred to one. Maybe even a thousand to one. We both know this to be true. We've seen the hive with our own eyes. Only with the help of someone as powerful as She-Ra can you end this threat. Think of her not as a friend, but as a temporary ally. Can you do that?"

Even though Catra looked away from Shadow Weaver's eyes and even pulled her shoulder away from the sorcerer's hand, she actually thought hard on her words. Then, several seconds of contemplation later, she came to the realization that there was indeed some truth in the Shadow Weaver's words and therefore, she looked back towards her eyes and gave a small nod.

Just then, the noises from outside became quiet, the door opened, and Adora entered the room along with Bow and Glimmer by her side. Both her group and Catra's group then started walking towards each other and met at the center of the room. Right after that, Catra asked, "You're ready to stop Chrysalis by any means necessary?"

"With the means at hand", promptly replied Adora.

This caused Catra to become a bit suspicious and inquire, "What's your game? You're always three steps ahead."

"Saving the planet is enough for now", Adora announced and then, she extended her hand towards her former friend.

Catra looked at that hand for a few seconds before looking back at Adora and deteminedly saying, "I am NEVER going back in this cell."

Although this made Adora become a bit uncertain about the whole deal, she nevertheless declared, "We'll cross that bridge later. Right now, the world needs us."

Upon hearing that, Catra looked at Shadow Weaver behind her and the sorcerer gave her an approving nod. She then looked at Scorpia who, despite being briefly nervous about the plan, eventually nodded in approval as well. In response, Catra looked back at Adora and proceeded to shake her hand.


Unbeknownst to all of them, an eagle was observing everything that had happened inside the room from a tree beside the balcony. The moment Catra shook Adora's hand, it took off and began flying towards Fright Zone at full speed. About ten minutes later, it finally spotted its destination: the Changeling hive.

Therefore, it transformed back into Pharynx and proceeded to enter the complex. As he flew towards the castle, every single Changeling he passed by saluted him as a sign of the great respect they had for him as a leader. However, he did not salute any of them back and hurriedly entered through the castle gates and made his way into the queen's throne room. Once there, he found the queen pacing back and forth, and she only put a stop to it when she saw him come in.

Right after Pharynx bowed before her, she commanded, "Report, general."

"There has been some surprising developments, your highness", explained Pharynx. "The escapees have allied themselves with the kingdom of Bright Moon. I fear they're planning to launch a massive attack on the hive soon."

Chrysalis looked at him in a suspicious way before saying ,"Really? I'm not so sure about that. If any of them are smart, they wouldn't dare come near ten miles of this place, even with an army at their disposal. My guess is that they're going to try either sneaking in here or trick me into leaving the safety of my hive. I can assure you that neither of those tactics will be successful in the slightest. When they fail, the blonde-haired girl will be mine once again and the love inside her will make our soldiers so strong that they'll be able to conquer every single one of the kingdoms."

Thorax then took a deep breath and declared, "I understand, my queen, but I also believe that to make sure the hive is completely safe from any further intrusion, we must attack our enemies before they could get a chance to attack us. Even without the love inside that girl, we still managed to take over the entirety of Fright Zone in just a couple of hours. Imagine how easy it would be for us to do the same to a kingdom as weak as Bright Moon."

Upon hearing all that, Chrysalis began thinking about Pharynx's proposal. Then, a handful of seconds later, she announced, "Very well. Assemble the troops, then. Make sure they're ready to mobilize at sundown. However, I want you to stay here along with a batallion made up of your finest soldiers to protect the hive during the attack. Don't worry about the rest of the army. I shall lead them myself."

This prompted Pharynx to hover in the air and reply, "As you command, your majesty."

Afterwards, he quickly flew out of the room to carry out her orders.