• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 3,558 Views, 116 Comments

Benevolence in Black - LucidTech



Equestria, zombies, hero, doctor, plague, Twilight wish. There ya go, all you need to know.

  • ...
13
 116
 3,558

Busy day for Doc

The man took rubbed the sanitizer over his gloves for several minutes until he was confident of their cleanliness, then turned back to the stallion who lay on a length of cloth, his eyes looking up at the man. The surgery had been performed while he was fully awake, due to his wishes, and now he look up at Lucid with a sympathetic gaze. “Thank you. I was worried that the disease was going to take me.” Looking down, the bird mask bobbed once in a ‘you’re welcome’ before the one behind it disappeared into the back room, his equipment in hand.

As he stepped away from his patient the two mares approached him, Twilight’s steps slower and more hesitant than Trixie’s. “Hello, and welcome to our little shack. A minor sanctuary in the hell hole that is now Equestria.” The smile that graced the showmare’s face proved to be contagious, as before long the stallion had adopted wide smile of his own.

“Yes, well, I can assure you that that is exactly what it is out there, despite how much I wished otherwise." With a cringe of pain he forced himself off of the cloth and into a semi-sitting pose. “I’ve been travelling around since the curse really took hold. Trying to find some haven or another.”

“So you must have seen Canterlot then.” Twilight said, her attention suddenly grabbed. “What’s it like? Did it make it through alright?”

The stallion glanced at her, catching her eye for a moment before he shook his head. “All of Canterlot is in ruins, the disease may have gotten them but they sure didn’t go down without a heck of a fight.”

“And the princesses?”

“No idea. I didn’t see them among the dead, or the plague-ridden. I assume they have locked themselves away while they work on a cure. But that could just be wishful thinking on my part.” Twilight nodded slowly, opting not to speak as her gaze moved to the floor. “But while we’re asking questions, may I ask exactly what is going on here? Who or what is that creature who saved me.”

“His name is Lucid.” Trixie said, her gaze dancing over the form of the cursed unicorn at her side. “He managed to save Twilight and I from the disease, and so we’re mounting an attack against the curse, via use of the elements. We have already recovered two of the six required ponies, after we get it together we’ll be able to free Equestria.” A rising tone of pride carried through the unicorn’s voice.

“I see, that is quite a lofty goal. I would call you three mad, but that... ‘Lucid’ just saved me from infection and if he’s saved a pony from being completely plagued, well, I think that you have a good shot of achieving it, just so long as you don’t make a hasty decision that messes you all up.” The earth pony said as he fully clambered onto all fours again.

“Why don’t you stay with us?” Twilight asked. Her gaze hopeful as she looked to the pony, part of her wanted him to stay to drive off the encroaching loneliness she felt all around her, the other part wanted to eat him slowly and deliberately while relishing the cries of fear that would exit from his mouth.

“I would if I could. And indeed, if it weren’t for Lucid I probably would be among the ranks of the dead right now, but I simply can’t. I’m looking for someone, someone exceedingly important to me. I have utmost faith in you though, if you manage to achieve this goal, know I’ll be right there to thank you and congratulate you with the rest of Equestria.”

Twilight nodded in understanding while a curious look came over Trixie’s face. “You say he saved you. Are you simply referring to the operation or is there something else?”

“Well, if he hadn’t beat those other ponies aside like he did I don’t think I would have been getting anywhere fast.”

“How exactly did he beat them aside?”

“Well, he just moves so fast, as I’m sure you know. It was blink and you miss it, and I blinked.”

“I see...” Trixie seemed ready to continue on the line of questioning but was cut off as the door shot open. Both her and Twilight readied their impromptu weapons and pointed them at the entranceway, but dropped them when they saw Rainbow Dash dragging a net behind her. Dropping the weapons the unicorns moved forward and began to help her with the load.

Upon seeing Fluttershy within the strings, blood smeared over her face in a frightening visage, their efforts doubled and before too long they had pulled her completely into the room. “Lucid!” Trixie called. “Rainbow got another of the Elements!” Not seconds later the door that separated the building swung open, just as the stallion closed the main entranceway.

Glancing over the tainted pegasus for but a moment Lucid signalled them to bring her into the other room, the trio gladly obliging. The stallion made to follow them but was shoved aside as the three ponies exited, sweat rolling down Rainbow face in droves. She glanced up at the stallion for a moment, let loose a squeal of shock, then took a deep breath and began to chew on one of her medicinal tablets.

“You leave him alone while he works with them?” The stallion asked inquisitively.

“Yea.” Twilight responded. “Is that an issue? I mean, he IS the only one here who knows how to cure a pony who has been fully corrupted. If any of us were in there we would probably get in his way.” Despite the factual phrasing of the librarians words there was an obvious undercurrent of worry that carried through and the stallion merely let a small smile cover his face for a moment before shaking his head.

“Nothing at all. I’m sorry to have bothered you.” The stallion made his way toward the door, swinging it open and exiting. Just before he closed it completely he leaned in briefly. “Thank you, and give whatever is behind this a good solid kick in the face for me would you?” The mare’s nodded in return, except for Rainbow Dash who was looking between the unicorns and the stallion with an odd look on her face. With that the door closed and Rainbow Dash turned to her friends, an eyebrow raised.

“Who was that?”

“That was...” Twilight paused for a moment, wracking her brain when a name didn’t come willingly to her mind. “I’m not quite sure. I don’t think I got a name. Did you Trixie?” Trixie shook her head and Twilight placed a hoof on her chin. “Huh, I wonder who he was.”

Outside the door, the stallion smiled to himself contentedly. “I’m glad you got some friends Trixie, regardless of the situation. I know your mom would be proud.” With a glance to either side to check for plague-ridden the stallion broke into a run away from the town in the direction of whitetail woods, where he would be able to take up shelter in his camp once again.


((Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this story. -N64Fan))