• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 4,538 Views, 25 Comments

5 Times Sunset Spilled Her Heart Out To Her Journal - LunaEclipsed15



And the one time she spilled her heart out to her friends.

  • ...
5
 25
 4,538

Bitter Tears

Sunset sat on the bathroom floor, crying with her knees pulled up to her chest. There was blood dripping down her wrists.
She sobbed into her hands, trying to drive all the pain away.

She had been walking to class when Gilda Griffon and Trixie Lulamoon came up behind her and shoved her to the ground, knocking all her books out of her hands. He had started taunting her.

“Nobody wants you here, pony freak!” Trixie yelled.

“Awww- little she-demon can’t handle a little rougin up,” Gilda taunted.

Sunset had tried to gather her stuff, but kept dropping it as the girl ordered the Diamond Dogs to kick and punch her and keep her down. Eventually, Sunset gave up and ran off, trying to get as far away from them as possible.

She had thought of going up to the roof, but decided against it, not knowing if she could trust herself not to jump as everything came crashing down on her.

Now she was sitting in the farthest stall on the floor after slashing at her wrists while sobbing.
She knew she should be in class, but really Sunset didn’t care.

She still had her backpack on her, as she had been carrying it to her locker after her art class. She reached toward sit with shaking hands. She wanted to scream, but couldn't, so she had to settle for the next best thing, her journal.

November 18th

Today was terrible. Between the girls pestering me to hang out at my place and getting attacked by Gilda and her cronies, it was the worst day I've had all week.

I think I might be depressed. I feel so empty all the time, and it’s so hard to feel happy most days. I’m just going through the motions now. I want people to not

Hate me anymore. I’m trying to change, but nobody will give me a chance. I guess that’s my fault.

The warehouse has a new hole in the roof and it’s only getting colder outside, so I guess that’s news. I tried to fix it but only made it worse.

I find myself crying so often. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t cry myself to sleep. I think I’m crying just to cry, at this point. Can crying become a routine?

I think I’m going to talk to the girls soon. I can’t keep living like this, I want help. I really, really do.

Everyone in the hallway saw what Gilda and Trixie did to me. I bet my life savings they don’t get in trouble, or, you know, I would if I have one.

Sweet Celestia, I want to go home.

I think. Maybe I just want to be loved again. Yeah. That sounds nice.

For now, I guess I’ll just have to push through. I don’t even know when the portal opens again. I stopped counting months ago. I doubt my parents would want to see me again. We didn’t leave off on a very good hoof.

I can’t remember the last time I truly felt happy. Maybe it’s me, maybe I’m the problem.

How do you fix someone who’s completely shattered?

I wish I knew.

-Sunset Shimmer

Sunset looked down at the bloody, tear stained pages. Her writing was blurring together as more tears filled her eyes. She tried to wipe away the tears but only smeared blood across her cheeks.

She slammed her journal closed and threw it at the stall wall. She let out a choked sob.

She went silent when she heard the bathroom door open.

“Sunset? Sugarcube, are ya in here?” Applejack’s voice rang out into the bathroom, echoing off the walls. As shudder racked Sunset's rigid body.

“Look!” Rainbow Dash pointed at the floor. Blood was streaked across the floor coming out of the last stall.

“Sunset?! Darling! Are you in here?” Rarity knocked on the stall door.

“Go away girls!” Sunset yelled, trying to keep the wobble out of her voice.

“Please, Sunny! I saw what happened in the hallway!”

“We want to help,” Fluttershy spoke up.

They heard Sunset sniffle, then stand up. Slowly, the door opened.

The five girls crowded around the stall gasped at her blood covered hands and tear stained face.

“I’m so, so sorry,” Sunset whispered, looking down at the group.