• Published 31st May 2020
  • 1,530 Views, 74 Comments

The Chef's apprentice - vincent789



What if Twilight becomes a chef instead of Celestia's apprentice

  • ...
6
 74
 1,530

Summer sun celebration part 4

The 50 ponies donut special was a massive pyramid. And had some of the biggest and wackiest donuts. However it's not necessarily made for 50 ponies as their are 50 donuts for the dish. The name is there to scare customers off, since it's super hard to make. This didn't stop the family Sparkle and Cadence from ordering it repeatedly. And when Trixie was also working there, some of the donuts became even wackier.

After roughly one hour of waiting. The massive dish arrived at Twilight's group. As an exhausted Joe places the dish on their table and Twilight and Trixie immediately started to eat one. As the day waned on, the hours pass by quickly. Since they were done with the dish and they had further nothing to do. So they chose to spend the day at Joe's place as they ordered drinks and play games on the table. With the occasional donut being order here and there.

The time moved fast. As it quickly reached 5 O'clock. By that time, Trixie finally won a game for the first time. However by the time that happened, they needed to get going or be late for the major event.

"I finally won!" Trixie said after losing 150 times in a row.

"Good job. You outsmarted me." Shining said with a bit of pride.

"Yes, well it's time." Twilight said pointing at the clock.

"Okay. I will go and pay the bill. Meanwhile you two go on ahead. I have to go home after paying up." Shining urges.

"Okay. Let's go Trixie!" Twilight said excited.

Trixie nod and moved alongside Twilight to go towards the castle main garden. Trixie felt excited and happy for the first time in years.

Twilight looked at Trixie prideful 'I guess, I have done it. I just need to get her a house and some money to restart her life.' she thought. 'But first the summer sun celebration.'

As they move towards the crowds at the garden, they look towards the podium. It hadn't started yet. Twilight looked at the clock and spots Celestia arriving. It's time.

"Ladies and Gentlecolt. We have gathered here today to celebrate the rising of the sun and rising of the moon. However the rising of the moon is equally important! So we feast and sing tonight under luna's beautiful moon." Celestia shouted.

"May we celebrate the moon rise as well as the sun rise!" She finished before flying up low. Lighting up her horn as she pushes the sun down the horizon. And as it reached the horizon, the moon also appeared on the horizon. Slowly the sun passes the moon as they trade places in the sky. And after a few seconds the moon was in place. And the festivities roared up.

Then a massive array of fireworks light up and complements the sky. Trixie's eyes were shimmering. While she at the same time obtained her cutie mark. The cutie mark had a small moon with a smile in it. Something which represents her happiness that day, yet with a cloud of uncertainty behind it.

Twilight noticed Trixie's cutie mark and smiled. 'I guess she got it first. That is fine. May she live a happy life.' Twilight prayed.

"Trixie! You got your cutie mark. Congratulations!" Twilight exclaimed.

Trixie looks at her flank and sees it. She smiled softly at Twilight and ask "So now what?"

"Well after the festival. I should find you an affordable home and give you some money to get started. My family will also pay some of the starting rent. Something that should get you ready to live your life." Twilight explained.

"I see. Perhaps 'Trixie' could live in the rentable cart." She suggests partly in third person.

"Hmm. Perhaps when you got a better income and better living condition, you will be allowed to do that. But for now I recommend living in an house until further notice." Twilight requests.

"Okay, I will do that first then. And I still need to go to school." Trixie nodded and added.

"Right school! I almost forgot about that. Perhaps you could go to the school for gifted unicorns. We will pay entry fees and give enough for a few years of schooling." Twilight said.

Trixie nodded "But first the festival." She said smiling and looking around.

"Sure how about I go and do something really quick. While Shining shows you around." Twilight replied as she points to Shining who arrived just as she said that.

"Sure I will show her around." Her brother said before moving away from Twilight. Dragging Trixie along once again.

Twilight meanwhile took a good look around. The garden looked beautiful at night with lots of white lilies and night time flowers blooming. Besides the flowers she saw a statue of Luna and a statue of Celestia on opposite side. There were lots of tables with white cloth draped over it. And food placed on top of it.

She saw a bar with lots of drinks, wines and beers on them. And the air was filled with lanterns that shone the color 'light blue'. She saw that behind the bar Clear Music was making some drinks for the guests. She also spots Mage Keeper guarding the podium with Pride nearby. They seemed to be chatting about work.

She also saw Vermouth and Elly sharing some red wine near one of the bars on the right side of the plaza, while Twilight was looking on the left side. She looked through a window and saw Sundown and Royal hard at work in the temporary kitchen set up. Twilight also noticed Becky joining them. Arms Keeper was looking from his guard platform alongside Celestia and Cadence.

Shining and Trixie were checking out the Donut eating contest, against what appeared to be Rainbow dash and a pink earth pony. Carrot Top and Moon Dancer were on a hill in the background watching the stars, with Flour Dance nearby. She saw that Applejack and Apple Junior were attempting to sell apples on the festive grounds. And then some.

All her friends and connections were together in one place. Turning a corner into the more quiet part of the festival she saw Fluttershy communicating to some cute birds. As Twilight sat down on a bench, she looked at the moon, when suddenly she felt extremely tired. 'I guess all that stuff. Between the incident and Trixie took its toll. I hope that I won't get sick.' Twilight thought as she slowly fell asleep, just as her parents join her on the bench.

------------------------------------

Dreaming.

Twilight woke up on what appears to be the moon. She looks around confused.

"Were am I? What is this place?" She asked nopony in particular.

"You are on the moon, child." said the dark blue pony in an old accent.

"Luna?" Twilight asked looking at the pony.

"That is correct. I am Luna. But right now, I am just an echo. The real Luna is still on the moon." 'Luna' said.

"I see. That means that you casted an exhaustion spell on me. Right?" Twilight asked.

"That is correct. According to the original timeline you were supposed to save me from Nightmare Moon. However clearly something is different or alternative." 'Luna' spoke.

"I could still save you differently?" Twilight offered.

"I know Twilight. And It will happen. However remember this. Nightmare Moon is somepony else from Luna. Although they share the same body, they are still two separate entities." 'Luna' explained.

"I know. One is from the Discord era, the other has lived much longer." Twilight said smiling warmly.

'Luna' pulled back surprised, she looked in Twilight's heart and saw a sliver of darkness, but a heart of gold. Returning Twilight's smile she said the following.

"Tell, Celestia this. "Luna is happy that you remembered her birthday. Thank you." It's time for me to go. I will always be watching you, Twilight Sparkle and Trixie Lulamoon!" 'Luna' said before vanishing.

Twilight kept smiling warmly as the dream ends.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight woke up and sees that her parents and Cadence were sitting on the bench also. She notices Celestia sniffing some of the flowers and she had a smiling mask on, but she looked sad within it.

Twilight smiled warmly at her parents before approaching Celestia.

"Celestia." Twilight said casually.

Celestia turned around to see a very happy Twilight approach her. smiling back she asked "How about now? Still not going to join my school?"

Twilight shook her head "I know a pony that could be your protegé. Someone I will vouch for." She said.

Celestia raised her eyebrow. "Who?" she asked.

"Trixie Lulamoon. She has a little less potential as me, but I have a feeling she would also be able to do great things." Twilight offered.

"I see. I will look into her." Celestia said.

Twilight smiled then turned around, but not before she did she looked Celestia in the eye for a few moments.

Celestia looked confused at her, before Twilight smiled warmly.

"She said Thank you." Twilight said.

"Who did?" Celestia asked confused. Cadence also looked confused.

Twilight was standing at the entrance and said under her breath "Luna did."

Cadence and Celestia got stunned on the spot. And just as Celestia was about to ask more. Twilight teleported out of the garden and back home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Once home. twilight looked at the living room to find an exhausted Trixie on the sofa. Twilight smiled before placing a bed sheet over her. As she watched Trixie sleep on the sofa. Twilight decided to go to the kitchen once more to make something special.

As she grabbed some of her special pre-grounded hot chocolate milk powder. She warmed some milk up in the a pan and added chocolate powder and two spoons of sugar to the mix. Mixing it to a singular colour and placing it into 2 cups. Opening the fridge to grab some whipped cream and placing it on top.

She placed one in front of Trixie and watched her wake up automatically to drink some chocolate milk. As she herself was already drinking some.

"This taste nice. It remind me of mom." Trixie said saddened.

"What are their names?" Twilight asked.

"I don't remember. All I remember is that we lived in Trottingham. And that I have 2 sisters." Trixie explained.

"I see. Well let's drink the chocolate milk before going back to bed then." Twilight suggested.

"I agree." Trixie simply said before sipping it up.

After roughly one hour of sipping chocolate milk. Trixie places the chocolate milk cup on the coffee table before laying her head down as she falls asleep immediately. Although she was smiling now.

Twilight smiled. 'I guess, I got over my fear of my magic. I should still be careful but I feel a lot more confident suddenly.' She thought.

Her mind went back to Trixie's parents as she inspected Trixie's pendant. Her father had orange hair and blue hide color, he had a donut cutie mark. Her mother on the other hoof was white and had a black hair color, her cutie mark was that of restaurant.

Twilight immediately connected the dots. They have a donut shop in Trottingham. Her parents most likely own a restaurant or chain. And Trixie works in a donut restaurant. Coincidence? Perhaps. But Twilight did have some connections in Trottingham. Perhaps they would help.

This, however had to wait as Twilight herself is currently working hard on other projects and Trixie's health was more important. Twilight nodded to herself before heading back upstairs into her room before passing out on her bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following day. It was monday according to the calendar and the end of Twilight's vacation. Her lessons would start today and Royal could come any minute. Twilight however was still asleep, with the toll of the past few day finally hitting her.

Twilight slowly woke up feeling very dizzy and hot. She quickly realized that she had a fever and when she attempted to stand up, she would simply collapse after leaving her bed. Climbing back on her bed, she would fall asleep once again.

Velvet meanwhile were sitting together with Trixie on the couch. When Royal knocked on the door. Night who was standing in the kitchen moved to open the front door.

"Hey Royal." Night said.

"Hey, mr. Light." Royal greeted, "Can I come in?"

"Sure. Twilight isn't awake right now though." Night said worried.

"I see. Are you going to wake her up?" Royal asks Night.

"I will do that." Velvet said. "If you have a moment."

Royal nodded as he sat on the couch and Velvet headed upstairs.

Once upstairs Velvet enters Twilight's room, only to find her in bed with an heavy fever. And after measuring her. Twilight was 10 degrees celsius too hot. As Velvet grabbed a wet towel from the bathroom and placed it on Twilight head. She took a better look at Twilight. She appeared healthy which caused her to realize that her fever came from somewhere else.

As she used the scan spell on Twilight she barely felt any magic from her. 'She has a magic deficiency fever.' she thought. 'That is not good. I have to go and get the doctor.'

As Velvet headed back down stairs, she hears Royal introduce himself to Trixie. She enters the room and moved to the magic phone on the wall. And calls the doctor.

Once done she turns to Royal. Royal meanwhile noticed Velvet worried face and frowned. "Twilight is sick. She can't have a lesson today. I already called the doctor." Velvet said worried.

"What caused the her sickness?" Trixie asked worried.

"Most likely she over used her magic." Velvet suggested.

"Well. She did disintegrate someone's horn using combat magic and proceeded to carry me in her magic for an hour to the hospital." Trixie explained saddened.

"She did what?" Night asked shocked.

"Well they were abusing and punch Trixie around. They kind of deserved it." Shining said as he walked in on the conversation.

"Hmm. How did she learn that?" Royal asks.

"I don't know." Velvet replied.

"I think she learned it from me." Shining suggests "She did read through my magic combat books after all."

"I see. That makes sense." Velvet and Night said together.

"It does?" Trixie and Royal asked.

"I was studying for a magic tournament at the time." Shining explained.

"I see. I guess today's lesson is cancelled. And as much as I would like to stay. I have to go back to work." Royal said before leaving the house.

"Trixie. this is the key to your new home. We paid rent for 3 years and the other payments for another 2 years. We also placed you in the school for gifted unicorns. And paid for 2 years worth of lessons." Shining explained.

"I have filled your fridge with goodies. Alongside some studying books." Night added.

"And here. Take 3000 bits of starter money. That should get you through a few months." Velvet also added before giving her the bits.

"Thank you. I will pay you back someday." Trixie said gratefully.

"I know you will." Velvet said, "Let me show you to your house."

Trixie and Velvet left the house. Meanwhile Shining and Night decided to wait for the doctor. And after waiting for a few minutes. The doctor arrived and Night quickly showed him, her daughter.

"She definitely has a magic deficiency fever. And it also appears that can't stand up, which is a side-effect." The doctor explained.

"How bad is it?" Night asked.

"She should easily restore her magic in a good night's sleep." the doctor said.

"I see. Thank you." Night said relieved.

The doctor and Night exit Twilight's bedroom. "How is she?" Shining asked worried.

"She is fine. Just one night sleep is enough." Night said, before giving the doctor the bits and causing the doctor to leave.

"Thank goodness. You had me worried there." Shining replied.

"One more thing." the doctor interrupted "Make sure she doesn't walk around much. Although her magic may have been restored, her body is a different story. She will need lots of rest periods and a minimal amount of bodily movement." he added.

"Understood." Shining answered.

The doctor nodded, before leaving through the front door. Leaving Night and Shining with their thoughts.

"Perhaps we pushed her too hard." Shining suggested.

"Yeah. Next time one event at the time." Night agreed.

Around that time the front door reopened. Showing Velvet had returned.

"So how is she?" Velvet asked as she entered the house, closing the front door behind her.

"She is fine. Just one night sleep is enough. Her body on the other hoof, is in bad shape and needs more than one night." Night explained.

"I see. Well I will make Twilight something to eat." Velvet said entering the kitchen.

"Let me help." Shining requested.

"Me too." Night added.

Velvet simply nodded, before making something special.

----

Meanwhile Twilight woke up once more. She felt her magic slowly returning, but it wasn't enough. Sighing she looked through her window besides her bed and sees Royal walk away from her house.

"I guess no lesson today." she said to herself.

She feels her body and notices that she felt unusually weak. She realized that two events in one way was too many. Her body couldn't handle that much stress. And the trip to both cities were also harsh on her.

She was sitting up and watching outside when her bedroom door was opened. Velvet entered her room with a worried look. Twilight turned to her with a sad smile on the other hoof.

"Good morning, mom." Twilight said in an exhausted voice.

"Good morning, Twilight." Velvet said with a hint of worry.

"I brought you some sweet oat soup. With some roasted veggies and a banana." she added.

"Thanks mom." Twilight answered still very exhausted.

"I will help you eat. Since you are probably too tired to hold a spoon." Velvet said, which caused Twilight to nod.

It tasted really good. However after eating ten spoons. She fell asleep once more. Velvet quickly realized this and chose to skip work. So that she could stay next to Twilight, for the rest of the evening and night.

Author's Note:

Welp that ends Twilight's vacations.

Next up, the last of Twilight's lessons with Royal.