• Published 26th May 2020
  • 7,390 Views, 66 Comments

A New Start - Snow dog



After heartbreak, Twilight runs away. Will she return and how will her friends and family take the news?

  • ...
5
 66
 7,390

A Market Adventure

The world slowly faded from black to and finally a blinding white. As the world slowly focused around the lavender, it seemed like a room in a hospital, it was a white with a grey floor like tiles. As she looked around the room, she noticed a grey stallion, with a white mane and a horn perched on top of their head which had a blue aura which was suspending a newspaper in front of his face.

“What happened to me?” the lavender mare asked, rubbing her head as it still ached, ‘did she hit her head?’ she thought.

The stallion lowered the newspaper and stood up, she could see his cutie mark it seemed to be a golden puppet. As he walked up to the mare, a concerned look spread across his face as he asked “You don’t remember?”

The mare shook her head.

“I saw you lying on the ground unconscious so I rushed you to the hospital, to make sure that you were okay but I was unable to catch the gang who did it, as they ran of,” the stallion said, as a gentle smile stretched across his face.

“I do remember one thing,” the mare said” I calling myself Sunset Rose.”

“I did warn you to not go out alone,” the stallion said to the puzzled mare.

The mare looked up in confusion, “What?”

“You shouldn’t concern yourself with that now, I just need to get you home so you I can rest, don’t worry I’ll be fine sleeping on the couch until you get better. But you should were this cloak for now, it could be cold,” the stallion said, the mare nodded trying to comprehend what happened.

As they opened the door of the hospital, they were greeted by the glaring sun shining upon their faces. They put their hooves to their faces and walked out, only to be met with a monochrome city with no-pony taking an interest in any-pony.

They walked down the steps away from the hospital. As they were doing that, the mare looked to see two fillies looking over at her, when she waved at them the ran away screaming ‘monster!

The stallion she was with looked over and said, “You better put your hood up, you don’t want to scare any more foals.”

The mare nodded and put the hood up concealing her face.

======================

The sound of hooves galloping dispersed itself across the quiet castle halls which would usually be brimming with life from guards to maids but at night the castle was quiet but the guards suspected the solar princess, the Diarch of the sun was still awake just like she had the last two nights that Twilight Sparkle had disappeared and their hunt began.

“Sister, you should be asleep,” the dark blue alicorn descended onto the balcony that the ivory alicorn stood atop of.

The ivory alicorn looked up from the ground which she had appeared to be studying, “I know Luna, but I can’t help but miss her-” the alicorn began pacing, “- I mean what if something has happened to her, what if she lives in spite or what if she left Equestria. I must inform the other nat-” she was cut of by a hoof to her muzzle.

“That is a hurdle we will overcome when we get there. I miss her as much as you but we can’t let Equestria suffer because Twilight is gone, we will find her eventually, Celestia,” Luna said seemingly calming down her sister.

“You’re right, we have to continue with our lives but we always have our guards to search for her, however long it may take,” Celestia said heading back into her chambers.

At that moment two guards in black armour to symbolise they are part of the night guard, one pegasus and one unicorn. Both immediately bowed in front of the princesses standing there. The unicorn looked up to the two alicorns and said, “Your highnesses, we have word from the searches of Canterlot and Ponyville.”

“Of course, and did you find Twilight,” Celestia said, with a little pain in her voice when she said the name.

“No, but a hooded mare who called themselves Sunset Rose went on a train to Fillydelphia on the same night miss Sparkle had departed,” the pegasus explained.

“Excellent, maybe she saw Twilight on the train, first thing at sun-up go get the bearers of Harmony and tell them that Celestia would wish them to go to go to Fillydelphia. Also, take two other guards and fill them in and accompany them to the city,” said Celestia, with her mood picking up and her wings at its full length.

“I hope they find her, sister,” said Luna, as she was walking towards the balcony, “I am going back to my chamber, I suggest you retire for the night.”

“Me too Luna, goodnight sister,” said Celestia, as Luna flew towards her chambers.

================

As Sunset Rose put on her saddle bags to go out to get food, she was stopped by a familiar voice. She looked behind her and saw the grey stallion with a white mane walking behind her with a scowl on his face like he often did.

“And where are you going?” said the stallion when he got close.

The mare looked upon him, her eyes filled with fright and said, “T-t-to the market, I n-noticed we have no f-food.”

“Fine but don’t be out for more than an hour or I will personally come find you,” he said in serious tone, looking upon the frightened of the mare, “And were your hood, you look terrible and you don’t want to scare the ponies or even the fillies. You owe me for saving you,” said the stallion, his voice as cold as ice, getting into her face.

O..o..okay,” stuttered the frightened mare who, at this point backed, into the wall. And with the quickest motion she had left the house.

She was walking down the monochrome street, littered ponies who ignored her and with literal litter on the floor, of which she picked up with her magic and put it into the bin at the side of the street. She continued down the street, getting ice cold stares from people and even whispering when she went past. She thought ‘why are they staring at me, is it because of the cloak?’

As she was approaching the station, she saw five ponies with one baby dragon, being accompanied by four royal guards step out of the train station.

Author's Note:

Hi!

Sorry if this was later than what was expected but i am going to release a chapter every Wednesday, to maintain a schedule. I will also remind you if i can't release it.

Also, i would like to give credit for the title to RedWallover28