• Published 30th May 2020
  • 245 Views, 0 Comments

Sunlight Blaze, Odyssey of an Apprentice hero: Funny Shorts Volume 2 - Justafanfictioner



A second volume full of funny shorts on Sunlight's life when he is not fighting evil or bad guys

  • ...
 0
 245

Short 1: Sunlight the Musician

That was one day like another, where our heroes, and Sunlight, where doing their things. Sunlight was watching the Rainbooms practice for a charity event where their group would be playing, and was enjoying the beat of their songs, especially two of them: Shake your Tail and Better than Ever.

“Wow, you sound so great!!! Said Sunlight to them. You are very talented!”

“Yeah, we are the best, said Rainbow Dash, this is not for nothing that we won the Battle of the Band by defeating the Dazzlings in an epic final showdown and that whenever Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna need a band to play at a charity event, they chose us. We are awesome!!!”

“What is she trying to say, said Applejack, is that our group is pretty much famous since the events of the Battle of the Bands. Rainbow Dash plays electric guitar, Sunset is the lead singer and also plays electric guitar, Fluttershy plays Tambourine, Pinkie Pie plays drum, Twilight is the second lead singer, Rarity plays Keytar and me, i am the bass.”

“Hum, each of you have an important role in this group, said Sunlight. I didn’t told you before, but i was thinking of trying music.”

“Really?” said Rainbow Dash.

“I even asked to every person in the school who was leader of a band, he said. Including Trixie and Flash. But they all told me that they didn’t need more members.”

“Not everyone, said Sunset. There is still our group!!”

“Are you sure, Sunset? Asked Dash. We are kinda professional, you know”

Sunlight was about to ask to join their group, but stopped after she said that. Rainbow Dash was right, he was not good at music, in fact, he didn’t even have is own instrument to begin with.

“What is the problem with that? Said Sunset. He can join us even if he is not that good, i will personally teach him how to play if he need practice”

“Well, Told me Sunlight, asked Rainbow Dash. Are you good or bad at playing an instrument? Uh...Sunlight?”

“Uh, girls, said Fluttershy, he is gone...”

Sunlight was effectively gone.

“We have to find him” said Sunset.

On his side, Sunlight was actually inside a store who was selling music instruments. He was searching for an instrument he would be good at and asked Vinyl if he could try them before buying.

“Hum why not, said Vinyl, First let’s try the guitar”

Sunlight took one of them and started playing. He was doing great, but the group had already two guitarist. So, he tried on other instruments the Rainbooms were not playing. He tried the maracas, the xylophone, the piano, the saxophone, the flute, the triangle and even the violin (on which he was so bad that Octavia slapped him, shocked.)

“No, No, No!!!! He said. None of these instrument have their place in a rock band. I could still take the guitar, but the Rainbooms already have two of them, my sister and Rainbow Dash, who are way too talented compared to me. And the bass, the drum, the Keytar and the Tambourine are already taken by the others. Think Sunlight, think!! There is maybe an instrument you neglected!!”

Vinyl was ignoring him, listening her music. Then, suddenly, Sunset and her friends entered in the store and saw Sunlight turning in circles, talking to himself. He was looking pissed and stressed

“There you are!!! Said Rainbow Dash. We were searching for you!! I should have realize sooner that you would be here!”

“Why are you here, anyway?” asked Sunset.

“To buy an instrument, Duh” he answered.

“And, Asked Applejack. Have you found an instrument you are good at?”

“Well, i am pretty good with the electric guitar” he said.

“That’s great!!, said Sunset. But why are you so upset?”

“I am not upset! He answered. I just...Urgh...i don’t know how to say it to you....”

“You won’t have to tell us” said Sunset

She hugged Sunlight, and by the same occasion, used her magic to read in his memories.

“I understand” said Sunset to him.

“What is the problem, then? Asked Rainbow Dash. Explain us, Sunlight, or Sunset...”

“Fine, i will told you why, said Sunlight. I was about to ask you, sooner in the day, to join the Rainboom. But you then said something that made me doubt and panic. When you said that in order to join the group, i would need to be experimented, and that made me doubt”

The group looked at her with a frown.

“He he he he, she said, embarrassed. I was not thinking you would take it like that, Sunlight, i am sorry if i made you feel bad...I swear”

“That’s okay, and she is right, answered Sunlight. I am not good enough to join a group, especially the Rainbooms. Plus, you don’t need a third guitarist in the group...”

Sunset put her hands on his shoulder and smiled at him.

“You are wrong, Sunlight, she said. Maybe you are not as good as we are, and this is normal, we played for years. Don’t listen to Rainbow Dash. With our help, you will become good in no time. Rainbow Dash and me will teach you how to play like a pro, right, Rainbow?”

“Uh...Sure!!!” she answered, still embarrassed.

“Personally, i don’t see any problem for us to have one more guitarist in our group, said A.J. Except maybe if Rainbow Dash is afraid that Sunlight could steal her spotlight one day”

“This is not true!!! She said. I am not afraid of him becoming better than me...and even less of him hogging my spotlight on the scene”

Everyone looked at her with a doubtful face, Sunlight and Vinyl included.

“Okay, maybe just a little” she admitted.

“I won’t steal your «spotlight», Dashie, said Sunlight. I am not as egocentric as you....Okay, i am, but i just want to have fun with my friends.”

“Dashie? Please don’t call me like that, i can accept it from Fluttershy, but coming from you, that make me awkward!!” said Rainbow Dash.

“Oh, then, maybe you prefer me calling you Rainbow Crash?” he said.

“Who...Told you...That name!?” she asked to him, very mad

“My bad, said Fluttershy. I am sorry, Dashie, we were talking about our childhood at school and...”

“That was a joke, said Sunlight. I won’t call you Crash, or Dashie. I don’t want you to call me by my worst nickname”

“You have a bad nickname? She asked. I want to hear it!! What is it?!”

“Only if you let me call you Dashie, he said. But i am sure you will never...”

“Fine, she said. I will let you call me by any of my nicknames if you told me yours!!”

Sunlight whispered it to Rainbow, who was surprised.

“Wow, i am glad i was not you, she said. Rainbow Crash sound pretty good compared to your nickname”

“Keep it for you, okay? Asked Sunlight. If you call me like that in front of anyone outside of us, i will burn you...alive...”

“Get it, she answered. But you have to admit that Sunlight Glaze sound very funny, why did they called you like that”

“Long story, i will tell you on the way...”

“Okay, and if we were just returning to practice? Proposed Sunset. You will have the chance to practice too, Sunlight. Because you are officially part of the Rainbooms from now on. Until you will be ready to play with us live, you will be our supporter, and if you want, you can even write a song or two for the group. There is so much way you can help us!!

“And i already made a beautiful outfit for him!!!” said Rarity

“In that case, come on y’all!! Let’s do this” said A.J

“I am glad to have you for friends, he said. I will do my best!!”

Sunlight paid the electric guitar and rejoined his friends. He had fun and Pinkie even threw a party. Later, in the evening, When he was about to sleep, he suddenly had ideas for a song. So, he immediately start to write them...