• Published 30th May 2020
  • 245 Views, 0 Comments

Sunlight Blaze, Odyssey of an Apprentice hero: Funny Shorts Volume 2 - Justafanfictioner



A second volume full of funny shorts on Sunlight's life when he is not fighting evil or bad guys

  • ...
 0
 245

Short 2: Special Ogres and Oubliettes 1

[Evening, Flash’s Chamber]

Flash, Spike, Big Mac, Trixie and Sunlight Blaze where all reunited for another of their O&O plays.

“Alright, guys, said Spike, I will be the DM for tonight. Does everyone have their dices, sheets and costume?”

They told him they had everything they needed to play.

“Perfect, so, Let’s make a brief comeback on the last time you played, said Spike. Trixie, your character, a magician, named The Great and Powerful Phosphoris, almost died. But thank to Flash avatar, Sir Knightingale, a Rogue/Warrior, you got saved just in time.”

“This is the last time i fight an army of Skeletons alone” she said.

“Big Mac, said Spike, your character, Sir McBiggin, defeated a powerful Minotaur in hand to hand combat.”

“Eeyup” said Big Mac.

“And finally, said Spike, Sunlight’s Character, Sunblast, an Elemental Magician, friended a baby dragon.”

“And, don’t forget i am level 57” he said.

“Yes, you kinda got lucky in the battles, said Trixie. The Great and Powerful Phosphoris is just level 40, And Sir McBiggin is level 54”

“And mine is only level 45” said Flash.

“But, you forgot that he defeated with Mac most of the enemies you met, said Spike. Normal that him and Big Mac avatars levels are higher than yours. Oh, did i told you we will have a new player in our crew?!”

“What? Said Flash Who?”

“She will arrive soon, said Spike, just wait...”

“She? Asked Flash. Uh, i don’t know any girl outside of Trixie who play O&O...”

“Hi, guys” said Sunset, who was wearing a Sailor Moon like outfit.

Flash and Big Mac were voiceless. Sunlight, Trixie and Spike, who knew she would be the new player (since they are the ones who made Sunset interested), smiled.

“Yes, Sunset, here, recently get passionate of O&O, said Sunlight. I helped her with her costume, Trixie, with her character sheet and the basis. Spike him, is the one who included her in our group.”

“I would never have thought to see you playing Ogres and Oubliettes, said Flash. But i am glad you join us!!”

Sunset presented her character to the group. The name of her avatar was Princess Solaris. She was a warrior/enchantres and a healer, attacker and deceiver. Her main weapon was a katana and her secondary weapon was a magical scepter. Spike put her character level 40, to make sure she would not be a dead weight to the group. After she finished, Spike prepared the board and started dthe game.

“Now, prepare to enter in the world of Ogres and Oubliettes!” said Spike

[In the world of Ogres and Oubliettes (Not literally, they will just interact with each other as their avatars, sure you get it)]

“Sunblast, asked Sir Knightingale/Flash Sentry. You are our leader, you decide where we have to go next?”

“Uh, There is a town not so far, at the North, he answered. We could probably get new quests here.”

“What is your definition of «Not so far?»” asked Phosphoris/Trixie

“30 Miles, answered Sunblast/Sunlight. This is not that far, we can make the way in a few hours”

“Why you don’t use your Teleportation Stone to get us in the town directly?” asked Phosphoris.

“The Stone can only teleport us to places we already visited” answered Sunblast.

“Oh, right, she said. Guess we will have to walk again, i am tired to walk!!”

“Is she always like that?” asked Solaris/Sunset.

“Yes, she always complain about almost everything who bother her, answered Sir Knightingale. You will get used to it...or not...”

“Uh, But Trixie...Uh...Phosphoris is right, said Sunset. Don’t we have a much faster way to travel?”

“We could use horses, answered Sunblast. But i find that weird...You know since, you know, we are also horses”

“Why that would be weird? We are different from them, said Sunset. But yes, i understand what you mean”

“About that, asked Trixie/Phosphoris, i was wondering. Do you and Sunlight can understand horse in our world? You know, since you are ponies.”

“I never tried, answered Sunlight/Sunblast. But i suppose we probably could be able to talk to your world horses.”

“I never tried too, answered Sunset. But that would worth trying”

“Enough speaking, said Sunblast. We have to move now. Nights in this region are a nightmare....”

The group started to walk until the night began to fall. They made a campfire and built their camp.

“No fire, said Sunblast. Monsters could be attracted by the light it will emit”

“But i am cold!!” said Trixie/Phosporis.

Sunlight casted on her a spell to keep her warm.

“You forgot i am a pyromancer, he said. Don’t worry for the cold, i got this.”

The group passed the night without any problems and the next day, they continued their way. Suddenly, while they were taking a shortcut, by passing trough a Forest, they were interrupted.

“What is the problem? Asked Flash. Why did you stop?”

For only answer, Sunblast told to him to lay down and threw a big ball of fire.The projectile hit something and a scream of pain followed.

“Damn it, said Flash. What was that?”

“We have to find the exit of this forest, and fast!” answered the leader.

“Why?” asked Trixie.

“Because we will soon get purchased by a bunch of...White Spiders!” he answered.

“I heard that their venom is deadly, said Flash. It can kill almost anything, even dragons and giants if they are many on one.”

“In that case, we should run!!!!” said Trixie.

The group started to run and they soon saw a hundred of these spiders chasing after them. Sunlight used his fire magic on them and killed a dozen of the creatures, But even with that, the spiders were gaining terrain on them.

“They are faster than us!! Said Flash. Sunblast, You have to teleport us away!!”

“But, if i do that, we will be back at the last town we visited!!” he answered.

“Where is Fluttershy when we need her!!! Said Sunset/Solaris. We definitively need an animal specialist in this team!!! If we make it, i will invite her to play with us!!”

“There is another way we can get out, said Sunlight. But it can be risky for us!”

“Speak!! Said Trixie. We have nothing to lose!!!”

“I will start an inferno!! He said. I will put the forest on fire. That will stop the White Spiders from chasing us!!”

“What about the animals living in?! Asked Sunset. Maybe the fire will kill a lot of spiders, but you will kill innocents creatures!!”

“Don’t be stupid, said Sunblast, these woods are cursed! There is no innocent wildlife in it, only monster!!”

“But why did you said that this idea was dangerous?!” asked Flash.

“We are in the forest too! He answered. If we don’t get out quick, we will be also trapped in the fire and you'll die!”

(Narrator) Will the group get alive out of this forest? Does the idea of Sunblast be fatal for our heroes? Stay tuned to discover it!