• Published 11th May 2020
  • 224 Views, 4 Comments

Project: Equestria Dimensions - Draconequues



Adventure in different dimensions and universes.

  • ...
 4
 224

Chapter one: Tied together by random. Part two: Fast-changing threats.

Since the beginning of Twilight’s reign, the lands of Equestria began to flourish thanks to friendship and magic. Twilight, who was the mighty magician, led her kingdom to a bright future until something changed and progress suddenly stopped. No one noticed it except some ponies who gave their oath to defend Equestria and stop everything that threatens it even if it will cost the lives of many creatures.


“Let’s put that Frown upside down!”


“POV Cold Light”

*Dimension M2*

I woke up in early morning with disgusting taste in my mouth and asked myself.

“Is morning so bad all the times?”

But I didn’t had enough time to think about it.

Sadly, it even was hard to get out of bed..

“One-Two-Three... Agh my back!” I screamed with pain.

After the Dragon Incident, my back was hurting, and I had problems with getting up all the time, I was considering to take a short vacation to rainbow falls..

But sadly, I had very, as I thought, important job.


I temporary was working undercover as librarian in School of Friendship..

It was my first day on that job and because of it I lost, but I saw pony who was looking like teacher and decided to ask for direction.

“Hello, I am a new Librarian. Can you point me the way to the library?“

“Sure, the library must be somewhere there, by the way, my name is Kiter,“ he answered to me with pleasure..

“Thanks! Let’s talk later,.“ I answered to him.



He looked and acted like a good guy, I decided that he wasn’t changeling.

I walked in the direction he pointed and found the library.


“Ohh, it's you again! Ki...Kiter, right?“ I greeted him when came in.

Kiter entered the library with 2 cups of coffee.

He gave me one and muttered something, but I didn't understand it.

“Do you wanna, maybe... maybe you wanna go out for a break with me?“ he repeated but louder.

He looked very blushed, but I understood that it was very hard for him.

“Yeah, sure, why not? I don't know where the canteen anyway. By the way, friends call me Cold.?“

I decided that I should check him to make sure that he wasn’t a changeling.

“What do you teach?”

He was going in front of me but when I asked him he leveled up with me and told me things about his work.

“I'm Honesty teacher, teach the honest, like how to say the truth, importance of truth and for some reason how to grow apples and superiority of the apples~“

He wanted to ask me something, but suddenly I heard strange and weird voice from a closed class.

“I think the queen will be happy to hear about our success.“

At first I was thinking “Is that voice belonged to changeling?” But it wasn’t sounding like any voice of changeling I heard. “What if he was just talking about queen of griffons or dragons or even hippogryphs?” With those thoughts I decided to open that door.

“Hey, go without me, I'll catch up with you later, I need to go to the ladies room,” I asked Kiter.

Sadly, he gave me the answer that I didn't expect.

"There is such the nearest room in the canteen. But I think I understood, you don't wanna go with me? If so, you could just say so."

I didn't mean it, he is quite a good guy, well as far as I could see, because of it I decided to ask him for help.

“No, no, I just… ok, can you please help me? Stand on the lookout, if anyone comes near warn me, I'll explain everything later, but now I don't have time. Got it?“

He nodded.

Luckily for me I took lessons on horn lock-picking earlier from pony who is the best in telekinesis.

“Now place those bugs in the shape of a square. And... there! Greetings, my queen, I have good news, we are ahead of our plans, Ponyville almost fully under our control,“ a strange voice said.

When I opened the door I saw old changelings: black bugs with infinity thirst for love.

Then the scariest voice I ever heard burst out in the room, it was the queen of old changelings, the same, old, Queen Chrysalis.

“We're almost done in Canterlot too, commander. Finally, we got everything that can ruin our plan! My revenge on this foolish, stupid Starlight Glimmer will finally happen! Oh, and of course we will have enough power to rule all Equestria and feed everyone of our kind. Wait for the next meeting, I have somethings to do and remember: don't touch Starlight, she is mine!“

“Oh crap,” I said when I heard it.

I had to get out of there, at first I wanted to call the agency, but then I realized, she said “~Everything that can ruin our plan~” That could’ve mean that they had already corrupted agency too.

Kiter must have heard me and saw that I lost in my thought, because he walked to me and asked.

“Is everything alright?”

When he asked me that question I calmed down and told him everything that I could.

“So, listen, things are very bad... and... and we need to run right now. I explain everything when we will be safe. And in case if anything will happen with me, remember: Don't trust anyone!“

He looked worried, but he nodded and followed after me.

We run as fast as we could, but after some time, he said the most meaningful words that anyone could say at that moment.

“Wait, why are we running? I don’t think that they saw you, don’t they?“

After a bit of thinking I answered

“Ahhhm... I think I should say that I am not the smartest pony.“

“Not the smartest pony” Flashed through my head and train of thought rushed out of my mouth.

“Hmm, If i thought in this way I, I am not the smartest pony, not the fastest pony, I even failed the magic test in the academy... Why I imagined myself as a cool super agent, why someone from the agency would send me to such missions!? How I even completed some of the tasks? Was it pure luck? I don't remember most of it...“

I think Kiter heard my thoughts because he tried to calm me down.

“I don't know what are you talking about, but if you still here, still alive, you must be ready for your job. I don't think you are a lucky pony, because piano almost fell on you twice, while we were running, you aren't good at running or jumping, but, if you still alive, you must be ready for everything, have you thought about it like that?“

He was right, I never thought about that before, “If I still have my job - I am ready for it!”

I stopped and hugged him, but seconds later I realized what I was doing.

“Uhh sorry for this, but thank you, unlike me, you are smart pony.“ I apologized.

He blushed. “You not thaaat dumb... and you look kinda beautiful“.

After his words II blushed, but it was very cute from his side.

“Ok, we should go before it became more awkward, and I think now we are safe, so listen~ “ I said.

He shook his head.

“I am agent ColdLight, I work at S.M.I.L.E. agency, which stands for Secret Monster Intelligence League of Equestria. In short, we are the main shield of Equestria, ‘While Frown is down Smile is around!’ Right now, I think there are changelings, old changelings, and they are coordinately taking out everything that could fuck their plan up, even my agency. And now, I might be the only one who can stop them. And please don't ask me about Frown, I don't even know what it is.“

“So basically we are doomed, and only you can save everyone? If I understood your mumbling right, then I am with you,“ he said it and stomped his hoof of the ground.

I stopped because I was shocked. “No! You didn't ready for it, you didn't complete the agency course... So didn't I, but why would you do this? We met only today!“ I confusedly screamed.

After minute silence he hardly answered. “I... I just don't know... I care about the world’s sake and... I think I just like you… You're not like others...“

I blushed and blushed hard, I think I even turned from cyan to red. Nobody ever liked me.

“Ok, I am flattered... You can help me, I guess?“ I hardly said.

He blushed too.

“Ok then... What will we do now then?“ he asked when we were approaching my house.

I yawned. “Well now we should rest, it's already too late, you can sleep on my couch, tomorrow we should examine the Smile agency.“


“Wakey-Wakey, for world's sakey. Seriously, get up already! We should save the world!“ sang Kiter and woke me up.

I yawned. “Isn't it too early... Even my alarm clock didn't' ring yet... What time is it?“

He looked at the clock and said. “It's time to save the world!... But really it's 5 AM.“

I yawned again. Why he up so early I really wanted to sleep, but I don't wanna show myself lazy.

“Ohh ok, but isn't it too early, I mean everybody is still sleeping.“

He answered pretty rudely.

“That what I talking about Many who is sleeping, the agency will be almost empty! I suppose. It's perfect for us to find some changelings! There, I made food from what I found in your fridge. But, seriously, you should eat healthier food. “

“Ohh, thanks you, I never saw something that looked so delicious, you shouldn’t have...but thanks,” I thanked him.

He looked very excited and asked. “So do you have a plan or something? I mean we just can't enter like everything is normal?“

I didn’t had a good plan, but I had an idea.

“Well, why we can't? I mean you can, as long as no one wants to check who you are. What about me, I think I need disguise because I should be on duty, and I kinda famous.“

He face-hoofed.

“It's 4 am, I think there will be almost nobody.“ He reminded me.

Hmm, he was right, so I answered him embarrassedly. “You know what... I think, you right, there will be only some guards and few agents…usually, at night, it's almost empty.“

He answered a bit irritatedly. “Really... hmm do you have any way to get in then?“

At that moment I knew that horn lock-picking finally paid off, not like I paid much for it, but it was hard to find a teacher.

“You know what! They told me that horn lock-peeking lessons were a waste of time! But see now, it's really helpful!“

“Ok, it is helpful, I don't know why someone said to you that it is useless...“ he said.

“So, that is it? We're ready, I suppose“ he asked me.

I took out my notebook. “So, the bag. Check. Plan. Kinda check. Saddlebags. Check. Trusty friend. Check?“ he coughed. “Ok-Ok. Check! You happy now?“ I corrected.

He shook his head as a sign of disagreeing and said. “I meant, why did you check bags twice!“ Hmm, what? Oh of course.

“No, it's isn't a mistake. I have a special magician bags.“ I said, then I cast the spell.

*Poof*

He jumped away and screamed.

“What the hay is going on“

My first thought were “Maybe he never saw a spell of Fantom Bound?

I tried to explain. “Oh don't worry, it's just one of unic...“

He interrupted me with his scream.

“I knew what it is, sort of, but as I know that Fantom whatdoyoucallit can’t carry giant, metal, scary-looking hat. And all of this blinding glowing!“

At first I didn’t understand what he was talking about and I thought that he was crazy, but he pointed at my head.

“What is wrong? The same blue-salad colored mane. The same ears. The same hor... horn?

“WHAT IS IT ON MY HORN! IS IT WANTS TO EAT IT?!“ I loudly screamed.

I was so terrified that I fell on my croup.

He looked from different sides and said, “I think I can take it off. *hmph* *pop*. What is it...hmm you better look at this“

I thought it was some kind of face eater but when saw it, I understood it wasn’t alive.

I looked it around and said.“Well, it looks like some kind of technology... I presume? WAIT WHAT THE HAY... It IS WRITTEN HERE ‘If find without the owner, please return to…’ WHAT THE HAY?!...“


“What... what happened... Where am I?!”

Suddenly I heard a voice.

“Wakey-Wakey...Wake up! Hey! wake up already! Okay, you leave me no choice!“ What, Am I asleep?

*SPLASH*

“HEY! What the hay are you doing!?“ I screamed at Kiter who just have poured water at me.

I was all wet and angry at him.

“I saw you fainted... And I thought it will help... and it did! I think you should check this thing. It might be interesting... Just keep yourself in hooves,“ “Oh, ok, I am ready! Give it to me... “ I levitated this thing to me and looked it around. “Hmm, there it is! ‘Return to Cold S.’ Wait, what?“

I had so many questions. But one of my first thoughts was that it was Changelings!

“What do you think?“ I asked with interest and hope for answer.

He looked thoughtfully, and it took him some time to think, but I hoped that he will understand something that I couldn’t.

“First of all: It was created by Cold S. whoever it is...“

I interrupted him. “Cold S. is like… like my true name, everyone calls me Cold or ColdLight because I like it, but almost no one knows my real name, Cold Spark“

“Okay, as you said it wasn't created by you, but here it says it was... I'm confused... But okay, at least we know that somehow it does interact with your magic, so it got something to do with you. I don't think it might be changelings, because they don't know about us and I don't think that they can do such spells.“

We both went silent.

After a minute he added. “Hey, you know what? I think I know someone, who can Enlightenment the situation, and I think we should go now because it's seems more important than changelings, but if it isn’t she might help us with the Changelings problem.“


I had somewhere near a hundred questions, but Kiter said to me that I should keep them until we meet *her*. Kiter looked very uncomfortable while he was talking about *her*.

“So... how long we still have to go?“ I felt uncomfortable because we were running for 20 minutes, I didn't want to look rude, but I wasn’t the fun of running.

Luckily for me, he facilitated my sufferings. “Well, we are here... But you better get ready, you might recognize her.“

*squeak*

He opened the door and showed me to come after him. It was an old but comfy house. When I entered the house, very pleasant smell hit my nose and very nice decor appeared before my eyes.

Suddenly I heard old mares voice. “Hello? Who is it?“.

Kiter looked worried and he was shaking. “H-Hello! We are looking for The G-Great and P-Powerful...“.Old mare gasped.

“Ha-hah... It's been a while since the last time that someone called me like that... Are you fans or what?“

I didn’t understand what he meant by ‘The great and powerful’ and what she meant when she said ‘fans’? I thought it was someone he knows.

Kiter, who was still shaking, answered to her, “I-I am, b-but she isn't, actually we-we-we wa...“ I could’ve swear that he is going to explode so I decided to cut in.

“Firstly, hello, I am Cold, this is Kiter and we were looking for someone who can help us with a little magical problem.“

She turned on the light. I could see her now: She was an old blue unicorn with cutie mark of perfect crescent and a magical wand.

She looked at us and friendly answered. “Nice to meet you Kiter and Cold, come in and... Is your friend alright?“ She looked at me right before Kiter started to fall, luckily I managed to catch him with my magic before he struck the staircase.

“Kiter!? KITER! I think... he fainted... Can I bring him in? He needs rest or something“

She nodded and said. “Lay him on the sofa and wait here. By the way, my name is Trixie.“ She smiled and left the room.

I laid Kiter on the comfy looking sofa and sit nearby. Kiter was smiling and his leg was twitching, but he still was unconscious.

I looked around and noticed that we were in a big living room, there were two chairs, sofa, on which I was sitting, a big carpet with the image of six alicorns, and a lot of pictures with the same old mare, who looked younger, and another pink unicorn with purple-aquamarine mane, they looked happy together.

“Wait, what!? Six alicorns!?” I whispered from surprise. I knew only three alicorns: Princess Twilight - ruler of Equestria, Flurry Heart - Ruler of Crystal Empire, and Her mother - Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. “I should ask Miss Trixie about it later.”

Trixie enter the room, there was the same unicorn from pictures, but older.

Pink unicorn spoke to me with a happy voice. “Hello, my dear! I am StarLight, is everything alright with you friend? Something like this had happened to him before?“ She came closer to him and put levitated first aid kit on the couch.

I answered her, but I had strange thoughts about her. “Hello! My name is ColdLight, nice to meet you. Sorry to say, but I don't know, we met only today. Are you gonna help him?“

She smiled at me and did unknown to me spell. Kiter immediately woke up.

"Wha-what happened? I had the best d...ddd...dream!?" he said when he saw Trixie and I thought that he will faint again.

Luckily, StarLight drew attention on herself, “Hello, I am StarLight. Don't worry, you won't faint again. So, Trixie told me that you need magical help.“

Kiter looked confused and he expressed his disturbance. “But we asked Trixie for help. Aren't you The Great and Powerful assistant? We need The Great and Powerful magician!“ Old mares both burst into laughter.

“Sorry lad, but I'm not a great magician in the way that you thought, I only can do some spells, but I can do a lot of different tricks! I'm sorry if you believe that I was a great magician,“ said Trixie.

As I understand, she was some kind of conjurer, who gets rabbit from the hat.

Kiter looked sad, but he answered. “Nah, it's alright. I'm not a child anymore...“

The awkward pause was broken by my words. “So! StarLight right? We have a very strange story, firstly we found out about the Changelings invasion, then this strange device appeared on my horn. It wouldn't be that bad, but there is written that that device created by me, but I even don’t know what is it!“

StarLight levitated device closer to her, she twisted it, her horn lightened few times, and then she said. “Hmm, interesting! It looks like some kind of magical amplifier. I don't know where it came from, but I might know what...“ She stopped talking after her horn lightened up. “This is very strange... I... I even don't know what to think...“ said Starlight with what puzzled me.

“Strange what? What is it? What it's supposed to do?“ I asked hoping for more details and explanation.

“It's the main problem! I don't know! It wasn't supposed to be here! It's just doesn't belong to this world,“ Starlight said. She confused me even more. But I understood that it was something weird and wrong. Maybe even something impossible!

“So... What we suppose to do then!?“ I asked again, hoping for answers. But no one said anything.

I wanted to say that we should go then, but Kiter proposed an strange idea. “Hey, you are the powerful unicorn, aren't you? Maybe you can use some spell that can help us find the place where it came from, not where it was created, but how it got to her.“

“Hmm, I guess I can do it. But there is a problem, it will take us with it,“ said Starlight. I think she saw our confusion and explained. “That means it will teleport us near that place.“

“Are you sure we should do it? I mean, there might be changelings everywhere.“ I complained.

“Well, you know, I don't think that a little group of pony can save whole Equestria, so we have same chances,“ said Kiter. I saw that Starlight and Trixie were whispering with each other.

“I think that your friend is right. We can't save Equestria from changelings, but there is a lot of special groups who can save it, but this-“ Starlight pointed at the device. “-this might be more important. I know only one thing like this, the armor of Nightmare Moon, it came from nowhere. And now this thing, who knows, maybe it's coming of the great evil.“ I hoped that she didn't consider me as a possible villain. But after this Trixie picked up the bags.

“I don't know about you, but I am ready,“ said Trixie.

I was surprised by their speed and that they were ready for action. I wasn't ready for something like that at all. I wanted to disagree, but Kiter outstripped me. “Yes, we ready!“

I wanted to complain, to say that I don't want to, but when I opened my mouth it was too late, we already were in the sky.

Quite literally in the sky! Very very high, and we were falling.

I saw that Starlight and Trixie ‘Froze’ on place. At first, Kiter was flying near them, but then Trixie pointed at me. Kiter flew to me very fast with strange light surrounding him.

He caught me right in time. We landed and looked around while waiting for Starlight and Trixie. There was a golden fence behind us, then I noticed ponies that were running towards us, they had spears and golden armor.

Finally, I realized that we were near the Canterlot castle and those ponies were guardians. We were trespassing the castle's border.

“Guys. I guess we have a problem...“ I said when Starlight and Trixie almost landed. I pointed at the direction of the guards. Trixie looked worried, but Starlight opposite, she was calm.

“Nothing to worry about. Twilight is our friend. Everything is gonna be alright,“ said Starlight.

I was hoping so, because I didn't want to have any more trouble.


“SHE IS GONNA SENT YOU TARTARUS! SHE... I AM GONNA DO IT BY MYSELF!“ Starlight was screaming while guardians transported us to the dungeon under the castle.

“Hahaha, yeah, of course, she will. Now, shut up and sit here until the ‘princess’ will be ready to ‘judge’ you,“ said guardians, while they were leaving.

“ ‘Everything is gonna be alright’ ,“ I quoted, “Maybe you forgot about what I said about changelings!? Or you thought that I lied?“ Starlight looked very angry, but yet, she was sad.

“Ahm... Sorry, she didn't mean to, I suppose you were hoping that we were wrong about changelings. You just wanted to meet an old friend, don't you?“ Kiter apologized for me.

Her anger extinguished and she looked even sadder than before.

“Sorry” I mumbled

“To say the truth,“ Got in Trixie. “I wanted to see her too, it was too long.“ She hugged Starlight.

“Ok! If we want to get out of here we have to do something! There is no time for revelations,“ said Starlight. “Maybe anyone has a plan or something that could help us?“ She looked very thoughtful.

“Can you just teleport us out of this cell?“ asked Kiter, expressing my mind.

“Sadly no, long time ago, this castle was protected by the magic blocking spell, I don't know about all magic, but we can't do normal magic, I don’t think we can do magic at all, last time I interacted with that kind of magic, I couldn’t anything,“ said Starlight.

Everybody went quiet for a few minutes until the laugh of the coming guards broke silence.

“Hahahahaha. It is so pleasing to watch him suffering. Sooner or later he will break and then we will get what she wants, whatever she want,“ said first guardian.

“But what she wants from him? I mean, everything that he says sounds like gibberish,“ asked second.

First shrugged. “Don’t know, don’t care. I just like watch him suffer.”

They throw somepony to the neighbor cell. We couldn't see him, but when they were carrying him, I saw that he was beaten up.

“Ahh, if only I took my prison-escape trick set with me. There were lockpicks inside,“ said Trixie.

It would be nice if she packed it, sadly that no one were wearing tiaras or brooches or something else... Then it dawned on me.

I concentrated on the spell of fantom-bound, trying to summon my little bag. It was a lot harder than it was before and it was hurting a lot. But when I was on the limit of my powers, I finally did it. I fell on the floor.

Everyone were shocked, they saw how fell on the floor exhausted and all in sweat. But then, I pushed bag to Trixie. “There should be lockpicks inside.“

“That is good, but there is a second problem,“ said Trixie. “I also need something long and hard, like a knife of screwdriver.“

“Oh for Celestia's sake!“ I swore. “I don't know, try using your horn!“ When I said that she went silent.

After she came back to earth, she took lock pick out of my bag, came closer to cell door and put her horn into the lock. After some time we heard click. Cell door opened with a lingering creak.

I stood up and followed out of the cell. Luckily for us, our items were nearby.

I walked up to the cell of the stranger and said. “Hey guys, I guess we should take him with us. He is our buddy in misfortune after all.“ Enemy’s enemy is our friend.

“I am okay with it,“ said Starlight. “ As long as I don't have to carry him.“

It reminded me that we can't use magic normally, so someone has to carry him. “I can carry him,“ proposed Kiter.

“Well, we can carry him together, we will be more quickly,“ I said. He nodded.

Trixie opened his cell and we laid him on our backs.

All of us followed Starlight. She was a more powerful unicorn than me, and she could use some weak spells that allowed us to avoid almost all of the guardians. Almost…

Unfortunately one of the guardians spotted us and we began to run. Luckily for us, we were faster, but they had an advantage over us, they knew the castle's structure and there were a lot of them. At first, we were lucky to avoid any dead ends. But it could not go on for long. And finally, we were stumped.

They closed all the escape routes. And there she was. Twilight Sparkle, but not for long. Princess and all guards opened their true identity. Changelings.

Chrysalis walked closer to us. “You discovered our little secret. Ohh, and who's here. Starlight Glimmer... I guess you are my biggest threat now and I'm not that stupid to not kill you instantly, but I let you say your last words.“

“HOW!?“ scream Starlight. “ How can you change your form in range of spell!?“

“Ohh, please. That magic was created from the remains of my throne, what did you expect?“ answered Chrysalis. “Now, Die! Oh sorry, not sorry.“

Her horn lightened in the green light, all changelings burst into a laugh.

I fell on the floor because of the pain in my head. I couldn't think anything, I even couldn't move. I felt something wet in my ears and eyes. I couldn't feel anything. Sounds in my head were getting louder and louder.

I almost fainted, but sounds stopped, I heard a strangely familiar voice in my head. “Calm down. Everything is going to be alright. Just remember this.“ It said some kind of combination of gibberish that I couldn't understand, but I remembered it was written in my mind.

I stood up, what confused changelings. And then I repeated that combination in my head. My horn lit up and a little spark jumped from my horn and landed on the floor near our “team”. Then this little spark started growing into some kind of portal. My friends fell into it and I followed them, powerless and tired.

I heard Chrysalis scream. “HOW IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE!?“


*Somewhere unknown*

*Someone unknown*

“Maam, we detected strange activity similar to what you were sicking for.“

“Hah, finally, it's time to visit an old friend.”