• Published 19th Jun 2020
  • 1,119 Views, 5 Comments

Divorced or Still Married? Sparity - Majestical4729



Can Sparity be a thing even after 'The Last Problem'?

  • ...
32
 5
 1,119

The Wedding

"That is...a little...too romantic..." Spike and Rarity's daughter commented, her face turning green.

"Maybe dragon should sit this one out," Yona suggested, "Because this story is about to get more romantic!"

"Enjoy it for yourselves!" the dragon cried, rushing upstairs to get away from the story.

"So, is unicorn ready to hear the most romantic part?" Yona asked.

"Sure," the colt replied, "So, what is it?"

"The part where your parents got married," Yona described.


In a flashback, an eighteen years old Spike was visiting a Jewelry shop where he got a rare, expensive ring for Rarity, to propose to her. He was quite lucky that he was known and recognised as the Royal Advisor and Friendship Ambassador, getting a half off discount for the ring.

Later that day, after Council of Friendship meeting, Spike and Rarity had their private date, strolling through the magical night and enjoying physically being together, chatting about life.

"Happy third dating anniversary, Spikey-Wikey," Rarity told her boyfriend, giving him a new fancy outfit to wear.

"Thanks, Rarity," Spike blushed, before nervously taking out a present, "And, I have something for you, too."

Rarity used her magic to levitate the present towards her and open it. She was very shocked to find a proposal ring inside it, her eyes widening in response as she gasped."It's a proposal ring?!" she faced Spike, "Does this mean..."

Spike took a deep breath before saying, "Rarity, it has always been my dream to have an official couple status with you, even though the feeling fades at certain times. I know that we can't be together because of our jobs, but, we can still see each other from time to time. And, if we can maintain our relationship, I believe...that being wed to you...is still worth it."

Rarity was frozen for a few seconds, causing Spike to sadly sigh, "I understand if you reject me..."

Rarity placed her hoof on Spike's shoulder, telling him, "Oh, Spikey-Wikey, I would never reject you! I may be always the kind of mare that would go searching for handsome stallions everywhere, but deep down inside, I knew that I can only be wed to one male. It just took me a while to find out who that should be...and after what happened on your fifteenth birthday, I felt the feelings I had for you becoming stronger than ever, like you are the only male I love...with affections. I absolutely accept your proposal."

Spike's eyes widened as he smiled, "Really?"

"Of course, Spike, I would love to be wed...to you." Rarity confirmed, kissing him on the cheek.


A few days later, every creature gathered at Canterlot for a second huge wedding. Princess Twilight Sparkle served as chief witness once again, while Fluttershy conducted her songbird choir music like she did at the royal wedding. Rarity regally walked down the red carpet and onto the platform. She and Spike looked into each others' eyes for a brief moment before turning to Twilight, who gave her speech in response.

"Every creature in this crowd, we are gathered here today to celebrate and witness the marriage of two of Equestria's famous heroes. One being known for her generosity, and the other, known for saving the Crystal Empire twice, as well as saving all of Equestria from possible threats by befriending the leaders of the dragons and the changelings respectively, before they were the leaders, which soon led to them becoming the leaders, and ensuring peace between every creature. We are all grateful of the bride and groom we have at this wedding. Without further ado, I present them husband and wife."

Sweetie Belle, being the best mare at the wedding, levitated the red pillow with the wedding rings. Twilight then took the rings and placed one on Rarity's horn, and the other on one of Spike's claw fingers. The newly-weds walked to the balcony and waved to the crowd watching them from below, with most of them being the Crystal Ponies, who came to see their beloved hero and cheer.

At the reception, Spike and Rarity romantically embraced each other before the dance as music played. Sweetie Belle levitated the microphone right in front of her mouth, singing 'Love is in Bloom' once again.

After the dance, Spike and Rarity rode away in their carriage to Carousel Boutique, where Spike would be staying temporarily, for his and Rarity's honeymoon the next day. Taking off their wedding outfits, the newly married couple enjoyed a nigh of sleeping together, leaning on each other.