• Published 19th Jun 2020
  • 1,119 Views, 5 Comments

Divorced or Still Married? Sparity - Majestical4729



Can Sparity be a thing even after 'The Last Problem'?

  • ...
32
 5
 1,119

Spike's Fifteenth Birthday

"Long ago," Yona narrated, "Or should Yona say, not so long ago, on Spike the Royal Advisor's fifteenth birthday..."


In a flashback, a fifteen-year-old Spike was having a birthday party hosted by the married party ponies, Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich. Every creature got along and raced, with their leaders having a friendly meeting.

Rarity, who was late fo the party due to her duties as a fashion designer and the Generosity Teacher at the School of Friendship, was panting when she arrived at Canterlot.

"Rarity! There you are!" Rainbow Dash greeted, "You're actually late! Really late!"

"What kept you?" Applejack asked, alerted by Rainbow calling Rarity.

"Well, I got a lot of duties recently, plus, I had to choose something absolutely divine to wear at Spikey-Wikey's fifteenth birthday! And of course, get him a very special something to celebrate the occasion of him turning one and a half decade old!" Rarity explained, before levitating the present she got for Spike.

"What is it?" Rainbow asked, shaking the box.

"Uh, uh, uh! Only Spike can open it!" Rarity told the pegasus.

"Applejack!" Caramel called, causing Applejack to turn her attention to her husband, who galloped towards her.

"How's the party so far?" Caramel asked.

"Great, except for the part where one of my best friends is late," Applejack honestly replied, making Rarity feel a bit guilty.

"So, Rares, what's the gift?" Rainbow asked.

"Sorry, but it's for only my dear Spikey-Wikey, whom I totally had taken interest in over the years, I just cannot believe that when he and Twilight left Ponyville to move to Canterlot, I was too busy being upset about Twilight leaving, that I didn't think about Spike leaving." Rarity responded, before recalling what happened:

Crying about not being able to stay together, the possibility of drifting apart, and hugging Twilight for the final time she was in the Castle of Friendship before moving away. Rarity and the rest of her friends were highly focused on Twilight, and they sure did not seem to bother about Spike, until he warned them that they were going to miss their train.

"I was really focused on Twilight, too," Rainbow remembered, "We all were,"

"Right, but now that that's gotten over with, we should just give Spike my magical gift for his fifteenth birthday!" Rarity declared, leading the way.

Spike was having a great time hanging out with his old friends, Big Mac and Discord, playing carnival games, a second before he noticed Rarity.

"Hey, Rarity!" Spike greeted, "You're finally here! I actually started to think that you can't make it to my party!"

"Oh, Spikey-Wikey, how can I ever miss a party thrown to celebrate you, my first dragon and non-pony friend." Rarity asked.

"Well, a lot has changed since the coronation, and since now, you got a lot to do as a fashion designer!" Spike pointed out.

"Yes, but I've always saved my free time for you, Spike, and I totally spent it to get you this," Rarity took out the present with her magic.

"What's this?" Spike asked, opening the present to find a book.

"It's a magical book, Spike," Rarity explained, "Starlight enchanted it to make it magically connected to mine," she then used her magic to take out her book. Spike watched with awe as Rarity used a quid to write a message in her book, and the same message appearing in his.

"Happy birthday, Spike," Spike read the message, before turning to Rarity, "Thanks, Rarity! Can I try writing you a message, too?"

"Of course, Spikey-Wikey! After all, this is your gift," Rarity replied, levitating a quip to his claw.

Spike thought for a while before writing, "Rarity, it is very thoughtful of you to think of such a great gift like this, but I'm afraid that as Royal Advisor and Friendship Ambassador, I barely have time to message you, so if we want to write messages to each other, we only have the night to do so, I hope that you'll understand."

Rarity was a bit upset to hear that Spike could not be any closer to her, even when they could always write messages to each other, and have that message sen in one second.

"Oh, you do have a point, Spike. We barely have enough time to message each other, but at least we got an hour every night," Rarity responded, trying to be positive.

"Well, at least I get to tell you things, Rarity," Spike replied, staring into her eyes.

Rarity smiled as she stared into his, a moment before an announcement made by Pinkie Pie:

"Attention, every creature! We are now going to cut the birthday cake for the Royal Advisor's fifteenth birthday!"

The Wonderbolts flew around a huge box before lifting it up, and revealing a huge mouth-watering birthday cake.

The best fliers in all of Equestria then flew at the speed of light to place the candles on the huge pastry, before Smolder the dragon used her fire breath to light the decor up.

"Happy birthday, Spike!" the crowd cheered in unison.

Princess Twilight Sparkle then appeared, levitating a cake cutting knife to cut it into equal pieces, before giving them out to the crowd. Every creature enjoyed the pastry with Spike being the happiest of them all, getting a beard of icing as he ate.

Rarity could not help but giggle at Spike's humorous appearance before taking out a handkerchief to wipe him clean, "Oh, Spikey-Wikey! You should have known to be more regal as a Royal Advisor<,"

"Sorry, Rare, bu I can't help it," Spike responded.

"Well, if you really love that cake, I could always buy it and bring it to you on every Council of Friendship meeting. It won't be much of a problem, as Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich can always make it," Rarity offered.

"Are you sure you want to? I mean, I'm the Royal Advisor, I don't have to worry about my money, but as a fashion designer, you do!" Spike pointed out.

"If you really are that concerned about me, I guess that I'll just go by with just messaging you every night." Rarity sadly replied.

"Rarity, I know that you're the Element of Generosity, but this time, I don't really need what you want to give me, the magical books are enough," Spike told the unicorn.

"But, I really wasn't the one who made it! Sure it was my idea, but I bought the books from a Bookstore, and then got Starlight to enchant them!" Rarity explained.

"The main point is that you thought of the gifts and made them happen! As in, if it weren't for you to think of them in the first place, none of the other stuff that treats these magical books will happen, thus making the gifts from you," Spike clarified.

Rarity, with her heart melting, looked at Spike, "Spikey-Wikey! That's the most heart-melting thing abut a gift that I've ever heard you say! I must have it written in our magical books!"

Rarity happily hugged Spike, as Twilight, watching them, made a memory of it in the magical book of memories that she got from her friends after the coronation.


After breaking the hug, Spike suggested, "Alright, enough hugging, why don't we go and ahave some fun? This party's half carnival because it's special!"

"Of course, Spike! It's been forever since we last hung out for fun." Rarity agreed.

In a montage, Spike and Rarity had a great time playing games, going to photo booths, and even having private time in a Ferris wheel. The time flew past quickly as Twilight lowered the sun and rose the moon.

After their hangout, Spike and Rarity could not help but wish that it could last forever. "That's the best hangout ever! I just wish that it never have to end," Spike commented.

Overhearing Spike's wish, Discord appeared, "Did some creature say 'wish'? May your wish be granted!"

The next moment, Spike and Rarity found themselves going through the carnival all over again, but with each passing minute, they got more and more tired to the point that Spike took his wish back, returning them to the minute before Discord sent him and Rarity back in time.

Yawning, Rarity told Spike, "Well, that's all I can go through today, Spike. I hope that you can message me staring from tomorrow night,"

"Of course, Rarity, I'll always find a way to make time with you," Spike replied, before sharing a hug with her.