• ...
16
 197
 4,358

PreviousChapters Next
0-3: Lightning Move to Ponyville

Author's Note:

Original Google Docs version can be found here where you can comment on fixes/rewords you think would work. Yes I know my uploading two days in a row is a miracle. Also this contains minor spoilers but below is Harry/Lightning as a reformed changeling.

July 5th, 995 CE

“Mom, why do we have to move to Ponyville again?” Whined the now five, almost six-year old Lightning Sunrise as he puts his saddlebags on his back. “I have friends here who love me. I want to go to school here with them.”

“Lightning, We’ve already told you why we have to move. Don’t think I haven’t caught you practicing using your wings to levitate stuff. Besides, you know why we are moving,” replied Stellar briskly. “Now do you have all your stuff packed for the move?”

Glumly Lightning replied, “Yes mom. I have it all packed. Can I go outside to play with my friends one last time?”

“Sure, you can go play with them and wish them goodbye. I’m also sure you’ll see them again. And you can speak to them by letters. Just remember to be back here by sun-down. We’re catching the evening train to Ponyville.”

Nodding, Lightning leaves the old house on his way to the local park playground, hoping to meet up with his friends for the last time. As luck would have it, he quickly finds most of them there already. It makes sense they would be there after all, he told them the day of his move.

“Hey Lightning!” shouts out Blue Scream, the most boisterous of their group and a dark blue pegasus colt with a forest green mane. “I’m glad to see you managed to make it here on your last day.”

“I...I am glad you made it here as well,” said Vanilla Sparks quietly, a shy white unicorn filly with a yellow mane.

“I’m also glad I managed to finish up my packing early so I got to spend these last few hours with you. I also wrote down my new address so we can write to each other,” replied Lightning to their statements.

“Has anyone seen the last three members of our group?” Asks Blue Scream.

“Joy t-told me s-she had a-a fami-ily thing t-today,” answers Vanilla with a stutter.

“I don’t think Spike will be making it as he’s assisting Twilight with some test or other but, well, there’s the last member who’ll make it today,” said Lightning.

Huffing and puffing a mildly overweight red earth pony colt with a purple mane ran into the park making a beeline for the group before stopping. Catching his breath, Claret Gardener manages to utter out, “oh...oh good. I managed to...catch you Lightning. Why are your...folks making you move again?”

“Yeah, I was looking forward to getting to go to school with you,” added Petalfeather the young bright green lynx/owl griffoness and last member of their little group that was there.

“They’re Ponyville’s new librarians. She also asked them to look out for people connected to some bright rainbow thingy that happened 5 years ago. Well besides her personal student. Mom says she got her cutie mark due to that explosion,” answered Lightning.

“I hope I get my cutie mark doing something as awesome as I heard she did,” responds Blue with the others nodding in agreement except for Petal.

“In any case, let’s stop talking and enjoying this last day of regular play. I’ll try to talk my parents into coming back to visit on break or something.”

And with that ended the heavy talk for the day as the quintuplet moved on to lighter matters, playing on all the fixtures you are familiar with from a playground and also playing such other games as tag and such, enjoying their last regular day together.


Later that afternoon as the group of giggling kids approached Lightning’s house, they paused to join in yet another group hug while murmuring how much they will miss each other, some with more tears in their eyes than others depending on how tough they pretended to be.

Breaking up the hug, they then all marched up to the door and knocked on it. As soon as it opens they all except Lightning say, “Hello Mrs. Stellar. I hope you let Lightning visit us sometime with you,” before unleashing the puppy dog eyes upon her.

Putting one hoof to her chest, Stellar responds as she fights off the deadly waves of cute, “I’m sure we can do that sometime. Now come inside you all. I may have baked a batch of chocolate chunk cookies for all of us to share and they aren’t coming with us on the trip. For one thing I still have to wash the pan but we still have an hour before we have to leave.”

And so, following her inside, the group spent the last hour in the house reminiscing on the times spent there while munching on delicious warm cookies and sitting on the floor. About halfway through Sunspot arrived home from his last day working his old position and joined them in enjoying the cookies and reminiscing.

Leaving the house, Stellar asks them, “Lightning did give you our new address right?”

“He did indeed Mrs. Stellar,” answers Petalfeather.

“That’s good to hear,” responds Stellar before her horn lights up and pulls them all into a group hug while adding, “You be good now and hopefully I don’t learn from your parents about any more crazy incidents when you turned a neighbor’s cat green.”

She then let’s them all down as they nod back while she adds, “We must be going now but goodbye and I hope to see you again.”

“We hope so too,” they respond before adding, “Goodbye Lightning, Mr. Sunspot, and Mrs. Stellar.”

Lightning then says back at them as he and his parents start walking to the train station, “Goodbye Petal, Blue, Vanilla, and Claret. I won’t forget to write you and hope to see you soon.”

And with that the trio made their way to the train station where they boarded their train for Ponyville and sat in one of the first class cars.


After a fairly uneventful train ride the trio left the train only to run into a pink earth pony Mare who gasped at seeing them and ran off. Offput by this the trio quickly picked up some takeout on the way to their new 2-story suburban-style house to unpack a little and go to bed after eating.

The next morning they went to Sugarcube Corner for breakfast where they were surprised by the trademark mandatory Welcome to Ponyville party hosted by a still in school Pinkie Pie.

PreviousChapters Next