• ...
16
 197
 4,323

PreviousChapters Next
1-7: Roughly Fixed Alders

Author's Note:

Due to forgetful shenanigins I can't actually use the font generator I usually do for my titles. Expect it to be up by the time 1-4 goes up tomorrow.
Discord server is here.
Google Docs version is here as always. Please leave any correction or words suggestions over there.

Chapter 1-7: Roughly Fixed Alders

Pulling into the driveway of 4 Privet Drive, Petunia and the others spot Vernon’s car already parked, leaving Petunia a little nervous. “Will our hair color stay changed?”

Princess Celestia shrugs in answer as she and the others get out of the car. Before she can say anything, however, the house’s front door opens to reveal Vernon clutching Petunia’s note.

He exits the house and looks over them before staring at Petunia and Dudley and says in a rough voice, “So you did go through with it? Decide to follow your aunt, uncle, and cousin to magic school instead of Smeltings? Did it work?”

Receiving nods from them, Vernon next turns to glare at Princess Celestia and roughly warns her. “You better make sure my boy comes home healthy and happy. At least there isn’t a magical terrorist running around to harm him now.”

Lastly, he approaches Lightning and towers over him as he begins in a very stern tone, “BOY!” He then picks Lightning up in a bear hug and says in a softer voice while tearing up, “I’m glad you’re alive H-, no, Lightning.” He then resumes glaring again, “Don’t ever make me have to say that again.”

Vernon then turns and carries Lightning back into the house in that bear hug. “Come on in, and you can tell me what magical shenanigans you’ve gotten my son into. I may still not like wizards very much, but I’d like to know what you became over there in pony-land, Petunia and Dudley. You also appear to have raised my nephew into a healthy, happy person Aletia, even if he goes by a new name and thinks himself a pony like you.”

Petunia follows along behind Vernon closely. “We became, what was it Aletia? Oh right, I became what you called an Earth Pony, and Dudleykins became an Earth Hippogriff. It took a minute to adjust, but we remained able to stay standing on two legs. Gripping things with my hooves was weird; it felt like I still had fingers. I was also able to recognize our faces even if it appears the trip has changed our hair colors permanently.”

Dudley goes inside to have tea with them. “Making me able to go to Hogwarts hurt just as much as miss Aletia said it would, and I grew a curved horn like Lightning has. My shirt also tore when I grew feathered wings passing through the portal.”

Aletia closes the door behind them before sitting down on the couch. “Yes, well, if Lightning hadn’t been there, Dudley would probably be dead, which is why I’m never allowing the quick version I used to be used again. It does not normally cause species change.”

Vernon finally lets go of Lightning as he sits down in a chair. “Yes, well, Lightning do tell me how you’ve enjoyed growing up in pony-land. I want to hear it for the pony’s mouth.”


And so, they spend tea time whiling away the hour talking about how Lightning being away has affected their lives and how things have gone. Eventually, however, as all good things must, they notice how the afternoon has passed onto the evening. Vernon, being the good host, offers them a lift. “Can I give you two a ride home?”

Princess Celestia nods to his question before turning to Petunia. “You are always welcome to visit us, Petunia and Dudley.”

Petunia stands up to give Aletia a hug and Lightning a hug and kiss on the cheek. “As are you and your friends Aletia and Lightning.”

Making a sound of dismay at the kiss, Lightning returns the hug before offering Dudley one of his hands to shake. “It was nice meeting you two, Dudley and Aunt Petunia.”

Dudley takes the offered hand and shakes it before hugging Princess Celestia. “It was nice meeting you two as well, Lightning and miss Aletia.”

Vernon gets up and opens the front door. “I won’t be too long you two.” He then exits and quietly gets into his car. Once Princess Celestia and Lightning enter, he asks, “I forgot to ask, but what is your address?”

Receiving the answer of “11 Magnolia Road”, he starts up the car and quietly drives along, looking like he wants to say something. Finally, he speaks up and asks, “I’m not taken much for flights of fancy, but hearing of Dudley and Petunia’s experience, I’m curious what I look like on the other side. Can we detour through the portal?”

Princess Celestia gives him a bemused look as they park by the park. “I suppose we can go through.” Getting out of the car, she adds, “We’ll lead you there, but you have to lean on me while entering.”

Curious as well what his uncle will look like, Lightning leads the way to the portal and steps through first. Getting out of the way and turning around to look, what emerges from the portal is the expected Princess Celestia and a wobbly-looking gunmetal grey griffon which wasn’t expected.

Looking into the mirror, Vernon asks as he looks over his form, glad he still has his mustache and spotting his black to distinguished grey hair feathers, “What am I, and how do I look like?”

Princess Celestia softly chuckles as she continues supporting him. “I should have known you’d become a griffon given your son’s species over here. Predators of the air, griffons are known for being fierce and honorable when traded with but also interested in self-betterment. You also look fine and distinguished, if otherwise uninteresting.”

Lightning chuckles as well as he comments, “You are going to have fun explaining the holes in your shirt.”

Vernon just rolls his eyes at that before blinking as he takes a shaky step away from Princess Celestia. “It’s odd I can still roll my eyes, but odder still is having both a beak and still having teeth.” He then spends a few seconds making expressions in the mirror, testing if there are any he can’t make.

Princess Celestia just smiles softly at seeing the smile on the normally taciturn Vernon’s face. “Does the experience measure up to your expectations Vernon?”

Remembering he’s not alone, Vernon stops making faces in the mirror. “It does…. Aletia, I would not be opposed to coming here with Dudley and Petunia, provided you can provide proper tailoring for us.”

Lightning chuckles softly at that request. “We know someone who made all our clothes with wing and tail slits that become unnoticeable when not in use.”

Nodding in agreement with his claim, Princess Celestia points back to the mirror. “It is, however, getting late. We should probably head back through.”

Vernon, in answer, wobbles his way back through the mirror, followed by Lightning and then Princess Celestia. On the other side, Vernon gives Lightning a last bear hug with one arm and offers Princess Celestia a handshake with the other. “It was nice meeting you again, miss Aletia and finally meeting you, Lightning.”

Hugging his Uncle Vernon back, Lightning responds, “It was nice to meet you as well, uncle.”

Princess Celestia adds as she takes his hand and shakes it, “Likewise, Vernon. It was nice to meet you again.”

Vernon lets go of them then and gets back in his car for the trip home. On the other hand, Princess Celestia starts leading the way to her home. “I hope you don’t mind staying here for a few days, Lightning. I’ll ask the Elements to make sure one of them is with you five troublemakers at all times.”

Following Princess Celestia home across the street, Lightning shakes his head. “I don’t mind, Aletia, and I’m sure the rest won’t either. Besides, I feel like… nah, I’ll save that surprise for later. I hope supper is good.”

Giving Lightning a sharp look at hiding the surprise from her, Princess Celestia leads the way in, where they have a delicious supper.

PreviousChapters Next