• Published 16th May 2020
  • 1,921 Views, 12 Comments

Love Griffs - Majestical4729



Gallus struggles to confess to Silverstream about how he views their relationship on Hearts and Hooves Day.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,921

Silverstream's Misbelief

“No, no, no, no! I can’t let her find out! Our whole relationship can change!” Gallus panicked back and forth.

“Isn’t she supposed to find out? I mean, you are supposed to tell her the truth about your feelings for her, eventually.” Trixie reminded him.

“But...but...but...it isn’t supposed to happen before I tell her!” Gallus protested, while he was still panicking.


Meanwhile, in the school library, Silverstream visited the rest of her best friends. “Hey guys!” she cheerfully greeted, “So, what are we studying? And not to distract you by changing the topic, but do you think that there is something wrong with Gallus?”

The other members of the Young Six looked at each other before Sandbar replied, “Well, since he was acting kind of crazy whenever we mention love, so of course. There’s something wrong with him.”

“If there’s something wrong with him, he would have just told us! But he didn’t!” Smolder stated.

“Or maybe he’s embarrassed to tell us. He may be scared of telling us,” Ocellus suggested.

“But we are friends! Friends should not be scared to tell each other things!” Yona argued.

“If you must know, when I found him at Counsellor Trixie’s, he didn’t want to tell me anything but ‘I’m fine’. He then acted like he wanted me to leave, even when I cared about him!” Silverstream added.

“Wait, so you meant that Gallus did not appreciate your care towards him?!” Smolder asked.

Silverstream sadly nodded, a second before Yona asked, “And did not want to tell you why he was acting so differently?" Yona added.

"And wanted you to leave?" Ocellus asked.

"And since he acted crazy around mentions of love, and kept wanting to shun others out, that means..." Sandbar gasped.

"That Gallus doesn't like Hearts and Hooves Day! And wants nothing to do with it, nor us!" Silverstream figured out, exclaiming her theory.

"How can Gallus not want anything to do with Heats and Hooves Day?!" Ocellus asked.

"Didn't he changed to like being with his friends?!" Silverstream asked, with a bit of sadness in her tone.

"Should we ask him why?" Smolder suggested.

"We can, but will he answer?" Yona asked.

"We can see Guidance Counsellor Trixie..." Sandbar begun, before he remembered something, "Oh, wait. Gallus is with her, and he needs some time away from us."

"Or maybe we can ask Head-mare Starlight?" Silverstream suggested.

"Didn't Vice Head-stallion Sunburst say that she went shopping?" Smolder asked.

"Actually, I'm done with shopping," a familiar voice said.


The Young Six(except Gallus) gasped as they turned to see that right beside them was their Head-mare Starlight Glimmer.

"Hed-mare Starlight!" Silverstream exclaimed.

"I overheard your conversation, and know that your friend Gallus seems a little off." Starlight told the top students.

"Speaking of Gallus, can you help us check if he's okay?" Sandbar asked.

"Oh! I actually went to see Trixie earlier, and figured that Gallus is lately overwhelmed by needing to confess how a relationship with a friend mattered to him," Starlight responded.

"A friend? Who?!" the students asked in unison.

"Better for me to not tell, as it would ruin his work," Starlight answered, before proceeding to her next destination.

"Wait!" Silverstream called out, catching the unicorn's attention."Is the relationship Gallus is worried about alright?"

"Actually, he's scared that it would change not for the better, when he tells who his relationship is with how he views it."
Starlight admitted, before leaving a concerned Silverstream behind.


Later, in her room, Silverstream had her wall filled with papers and red lines, making it like a detective's mystery-solving wall. Figuring that she needed more evidence and clues to find out whose relationship with Gallus was bothering him.

The next few days in school, Silverstream asked interrogated teachers about Gallus' behaviour, and figured that he acted normal around every student and staff in the school, with the exception of his best friends.

With her and her friends as the only remaining suspects, Silverstream figured that she could identify who Gallus was uncomfortable with by having each of the suspects to have private time with Gallus.

Silverstream was the first to have one-on-one privacy with Gallus, who could barely act normal around her, and was blushing uncomfortably, with noticeable cold sweat flowing down his chin. As fast as a minute flew, Gallus claimed that he needed some alone time.

After the final suspect, Sandbar, spent time with Gallus, the records were out:

Gallus was uncomfortable the most around Silverstream, and dismissed her in the shortest time.
Gallus had a good, tough conversation with Smolder.
He had good time with Ocellus, comparing their shades of blue.
He had a great time talking about what griffons and yes have in common with Yona.
And Gallus obviously had a great time hanging out with the only other male of the group, Sandbar.

Silverstream then finally solved the puzzle's heart-breaking answer:

The one creature whom Gallus was uncomfortable of admitting his views about his relationship with, was...her.