• Published 7th May 2020
  • 202 Views, 3 Comments

Adventures of a Bat* - BronyWriter186



A story of a confused bat pony unicorn hybrid

  • ...
 3
 202

Prologue

Date: Dec 5th, 2000
Location: Canterlot Royal Hospital
Time: 7:50 am

"Ma'am, may I go see my wife she recently gave birth, her name is Glyph," the stallion said to the nurse behind the desk.

"Your name, sir?" the nurse asked.

"Oh, my name is Ichor," he replied.

"Okay, you can go see her, she is in Room #25," the nurse stated.

Ichor made his way to the hospital room, it only took about a minute to reach the room, as he approached the door he tilted his highly sensitive bat pony ears to see if his wife was awake. Not only was she awake, but he could also hear the breathing of his newborn son.

"Knock, Knock," Ichor said, lightly, as he opened the door to the room.

"Honey, it's so nice to see you, I thought that you couldn't come until noon," Glyph said, joyously.

"Princess Luna gave me yesterday off, so I went to sleep early so I could come to see you and my handsome son today," Ichor replied. "But enough about that, I want to see my son."

"Time to go to daddy," Glyph said. "Here ya go, remember to be careful," she reminded him as she handed him their foal.

Ichor grabbed him and almost immediately got poked by the young foal's horn. As he held his newborn son he noticed something odd it felt like his son had wings. "Honey, I know this is going to sound completely dumb, but does our s-," he started before she cut him off.

"Yes, our son has wings," she replied halfway through his sentence.

"We need to get the princesses down here if our son has wings and a horn doesn't that make him an alicorn?" Ichor said in an extremely confused tone.

"All four of them are already coming here as we speak, they are scheduled to be here in a few minutes," she replied.

As if on cue they hear knocking on the door. "Come in," Ichor said.

"Oh, Ichor, nice to see you how long has it been?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Too long, Princess, too long," he replied.

"Oh, Ichor, you know better, call us by our names, you have been my guard captain for over 10 years now," Princess Luna stated.

"Of course, Luna," Ichor replied.

"So, is this the young colt?" Luna asked.

"Yes," Glyph replied. "Honey, you can take the blanket off him he has a diaper on."

Ichor did as his wife suggested and took the blanket off of his son to reveal a pair of bat pony wings. As he did this you could practically hear the surprise coming from the four alicorns.

"This is amazing, but also hard to believe," Princess Twilight stated, "Glyph, Ichor, may I check to see what types of magic he has? I promise it won't hurt him at all."

Ichor and Glyph looked at each other for a second. "Yes, that would be fine," Ichor said.

After getting confirmation from Ichor and Glyph, Twilight started to cast a spell on the newborn, only to stop almost immediately after casting it. "Well, I can definitely say that your son is not an alicorn," Twilight stated.

"Then what is he?" Glyph asked.

"Well, the thing is he isn't anything," Twilight starts before stopping to think, "Ichor, Glyph can you have your son sent to the hospital nursery?" Twilight asked bluntly.

"I guess, but we do still want to know what our son is," Ichor said.

After the baby was sent to the nursery

"I truly don't know how to say this, but your son isn't a normal pony. He has unicorn magic and some bat pony also, but" Twilight took a deep breath, "I know this will sound insane, but he appears to have some kind of archaeic changeling magic."

"Are you saying our son is a changeling?" Ichor questioned.

"Nonono, he is very much a pony, I think you miss understand archaeic changeling magic is, how do I put this, the same magic used to change a normal pony into an alicorn, the spell used to make us four," she gestured to herself and the other three princesses, "into alicorns. Basically it is the magic that the old changelings used, in truth, some ponies are just born with it, anyways as you might be wondering why I asked you to send.... what is his name?" Twilight said.

"We haven't decided on a name yet," Ichor said.

"Well it doesn't matter right now, anyway," Twilight started to say in the tone only a teacher has. She was about to continue when Cadence stopped her.

"Twilight before you go into monologue mode, please try to sum up what you were going to say in 30 words or less," Cadence said.

"Okay, basically your son seems to have a form of magic mixed from old changeling, unicorn, and bat pony with some capability to use vocal and runic magic also," Twilight summed up.

"He probably got the vocal and runic magic from me. Anyway, from what I did understand from what you said in what sounded more like a lesson is that my son can change his wings, is that right?" Glyph stated.

"Yes, but it may be more than that too, I saw some stuff I didn't understand," Twilight said. "Also do you mean to tell me that you can do vocal and runic magic?" she asked.

"Yes, I learned it before I became a royal night guard, but it gets unstable when I try more advanced runic magic, watch," Glyph said as she drew the rune for Algiz (protection) on the whiteboard in the room, "Algiz Levis est clypeus tempus unius!" Glyph said and right in front of her a shield made entirely of light appeared with no assistance from her horn, "3.. 2.. 1..," as if on cue the shield disappeared with a silent shatter, "you see that should have lasted a full hour."

"That's incredible," Twilight said.

The door behind Celestia opens. "I am truly sorry, but I must ask that only two of you stay in here the room are only big enough for five full-grown ponies," a nurse says to the group.

"Okay, I am pretty sure we are done here anyway," Luna said.

"Yes, that answers our questions. Also, Luna, can you stay here for a little while longer, we need to talk to you," Ichor asked.

"Of course," Luna says as she watches the other princess leave. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Well, before he was even born my wife and I decided that we were going to ask you if you would be okay with us naming you as a sort of godmother of sorts to him," Ichor asked.

"I am honored that you ask me, but why me?" Luna asked.

"Well, even though most other guards would have a different reason than mine, it is because without you we wouldn't be together, you did ask for me in particular to be part of your guard," Glyph replied.

"Not to mention if it wasn't for you I would still be living in the cave at the east side of Canterlot mountain with no future, who asked me to be part of your guard even though I came from a poor family," Ichor reminded Luna.

"I forgot that that was how you became one of my guards, and to answer your question, yes I would be honored to be his godmother," Luna said, through light tears. "But on a different note where does your son get his rainbow mane?" she asked.

"I believe that is another thing he gets from my side, my mother has a rainbow-colored mane," Glyph replies. "Also Luna, I personally was wondering that since you are here, can you help us think of a name for our son?" she asked.

"Of course, I would be glad to help," Luna replied, "let me think. . . . . . . maybe no. . . . . . . what about. . . . . . . aha, I got it, how about you name him after the rune for transformation," she suggested.

"Well, that would fit, there isn't a rune for transformation, there is one for the fire of transformation, Kenaz, it more often used to lead the way often with light, though," Glyph says. "What do you think?" she asks Ichor.

"It sounds perfect." Ichor replied.

Author's Note:

First, remember everyone, comments are the lifeblood of any good story, authors read them and often consider the suggests they get from them so please comment down below. Now I do need to say this, please don't bully each other, everyone has their own opinion, respect it, you don't have to like it, just respect it.

Second, to anyone who noticed yes, I misspelled archaic as archaeic, this was very intentional I believe it looks better.

Third, the below 3 pictures are of the OC's I created in this chapter.
Glyph (pronouced Glif) (The Mother)

Ichor (pronouced ˈīkôr) (The Father)

Kenaz (pronouced KAY-nahz) (The Son) (as a young colt)