• Published 1st May 2020
  • 405 Views, 6 Comments

The Mane Seven Elements of Harmony - psinet



Basically the series but with Sunset as one of the Main Characters.

  • ...
 6
 405

Chapter 3 Sunset's family and the story of her cutie mark.

Sunset Shimmer was cleaning her workshop the day after her adventure defeating Nightmare Moon when she heard the voices of her friends Twilight Sparkle and her dragon assistant Spike, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Rarity "Hey everypony." She said "What's up?"

"I was about to ask you that." Said Twilight as she watched Sunset work.

"I'm cleaning the workshop and my home before my family comes home from visiting relatives in Manehatten." Sunset replied.

Applejack spoke up "Mind if we help ya sugar cube?"

"Not at all." Responded Sunset handing Twilight and Rarity a broom and the others a dish cloth like she was using "You can clean every where but the work shop I'll take care of that myself." She told them.

Pinkie Pie was puzzled "Why's that?" She asked

"Because." Replied Sunset "These chemicals are very volatile and I don't want any of you to get hurt."

"Sunset is right." Said Twilight "We don't know what those things are or how delicate they could be so everypony keep away from them."

"Got it." They all said and continued working till Rarity broke the silence " By the way Sunset how did you get this workshop?"

Sunset answered "It was actually built by my father a few years before he meet my mother." She pointed to a picture of a yellow stallion on the wall with a red mane and a fireball for a cutie mark the bottom of the picture read Solar Flare.

"And he taught you everything about his work? Asked Fluttershy.

"That's right." Answered Sunset.

"So you help him out?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

"I used to." Said Sunset sadly "But he passed away a couple of years after my brother and sister were born."

"Sorry." Said Rainbow Dash.

"How did he die if you don't mind me asking?" Said Fluttershy.

Sunset looked sadly over at Applejack "It was from the same Timberwolf that Applejack's parents got killed by."
The others gasped and started to apologize to both her and Applejack but they told them not to worry about it.

"Hey Sunset tell us about you brother and sister." Called Twilight

"OK but let's move to cleaning the house we're done here." Sunset said she led them to a door at the back of the shop into a large house then pointed to a picture of a light gray mare with a yellow mane with a black spot circled by a white ring with what looked like rays coming out of it with her were two twin foals one was a red colt with a black mane that had a yellow stripe in it and black dots for his cutie mark the filly to his right was yellow with a black Mane that had a red stripe in it and had gray swirly cloud as a cutie mark. "This my mother Eclipse and the foals are my brother Sunspot and my sister Moon Dust they are twins."

The others were amazed at the picture "Darling their wonderful." Said Rarity "Though seeing their cutie marks reminds me how did you get yours we told you how got ours last night after defeating Nightmare Moon but ran out of time before you could tell yours"

"Fair enough." Said Sunset she took a deep breath "I'll tell you while we work it began when I was a filly I was trying to help my parents with their work I read from my fathers mind that he was low on certain things for his work that come from the Everfree forest so I set out to get them." The others gasped at this but didn't interrupt "I was walking the path that my father always takes and saw some phoenixes flying to get food for their chicks suddenly I heard a loud boom and saw a rainbow explosion however a big dragon was walking nearby and the noise frightened the chicks they started crying out the dragon decided he was going to eat them then head to the source of the sound I knew I couldn't let that happen so I shot a magic blast at him which upset him but just before he could toast me the phoenixes came back the oldest of them saw me defending the chicks he flew down to me and started glowing while circling me the dragon shot his fire at me but the elder phoenix given me immunity to fire which answers your question on how I was unharmed when I went into that burning building when the dragon saw I was fine he sent his most powerful flame but the phoenix had given me another gift the ability to control fire I sent it back to him defeating him with his last breath the dragon decided to grant me gifts as is dragon law they were the ability to breathe fire, knowledge of the dragon law, resistance to mind control and the torch outside it was smaller when he gave it to me but he had a spell to make it bigger the flame on it is whats left of the elder phoenixes life force which is tied to mine as long as I live that flame burns and nothing can destroy that torch I painted the phoenix picture on it as a sign of accepting the elder phoenixes gift my parents were upset when I came home but also proud of me I got my cutie mark then and have had it ever since."

"Woah that is awesome!" Cried Rainbow Dash

Spike asked "How big was the dragon?"

"Very big I would need a dragon much bigger then you to tell you that Spike." Answered Sunset.

Twilight was amazed "Wow!" She said "I'll have to write this down when I get home."

They moved into Sunset's room and started cleaning as they were doing so Fluttershy noticed a pony sized wyvern outside "Um Sunset why is there a wyvern out your window?" She asked

"Oh that?" Said Sunset "That's my pet Ray I found him on one of my runs he had just hatched and had no parents so I promised to take care of him according to Princess Celestia he's a runt the size he is no is as big as he will get he learned to fly by himself"

"Wow" the others said they moved to the kitchen.

"So what are your mom and siblings talents?" Asked Pinkie Pie.

Sunset smiled "I'll tell you that and some other things about them." She said "Mom does ceramics and lights she and my dad meet in military training Dad could fire a light burst in the air like a flare mom can make an invisible shield that makes it so no one can see her or anypony she puts it around Sunspot can find lost ponies or animals if he has something of theirs and Moon Dust can find lost objects but you have to describe the lost item to her I sometimes help them with my mind reading but they usually only want me to do that as a last resort they see it as taking advantage of me."
"Awww." said the others except Spike who was looking out the window "Hey Sunset." He called "Your family is here."

Sunset and the others looked sure enough there was Sunset's mother and sibling walking to the house Sunset ran out to greet them. "Sunset!" the twins said running to her and giving her a hug which their mother joined in on they then noticed the others Sunset introduced them and explained what had happened while they were gone.

"Well." Said Eclipse. "Sounds like you had quite an adventure."

"Wow!" Yelled Sunspot. "You and your friends are awesome Sunset."

"Yay!" Called out Moon Dust. "Our sister is a hero."

Sunset smiled and so did her friends her mother then walked over to a door levitated a key she had around her neck to the lock and unlocked it opened the door and invited the others inside it was a huge ceramic studio with light fixtures along one wall the others gasped as Sunset had not told them about the room her mother explained that she liked to clean it herself after she cleaned it she insisted the others join her family for dinner to get to know them better.

Author's Note:

as always let me know of any mistakes you find.

Thanks. Psinet