• Published 18th Apr 2020
  • 5,062 Views, 120 Comments

A Jedi's Journey - Postwarmonkey50



This story is set between “Star Wars Episode 6 and 7”, whilst also set between season 8 and 9 of “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic”.

  • ...
8
 120
 5,062

Chapter 3: The tale and fall of the Jedi and the Republic

Far from Ponyville, on the top of a mountain, stood a large city, the symbol and capitol of all of Equestria; the City of Canterlot. From within the royal throne room, both Celestia and Luna were present in Canterlot when they received a letter from Twilight. Sure enough, the Mane 7, Spike, Sunburst and the Young Six, were in the throne room, who wanted to know who Luke Skywalker was and why he was here. They listened whilst standing next to both the Princesses of the day and night, listening to what the new visitor has to say.

Luke bowed to the two princesses. ‘Greeting royal sisters of Equestria. My name is Luke Skywalker. Thank you for taking time into summoning me for this meeting.’

‘You are welcome Luke Skywalker,’ said Celestia as she and her sisters bowed their heads and focused their attention onto the new visitor ‘It is not every day that we receive visitors from the stars.’

‘Indeed,’ responded Luna as she agreed ‘But we are curious of why you have arrived on our world though.
Luke knew it would be hard to explain to them where he comes from, but he realized they needed to be brought up to date of what happened to the galaxy he came from. ‘Your highness,’ said Luke as he made up his mind ‘To talk about why I’m here is to also talk about what I am, who we served, and why a new alliance took form.’

‘Indeed.’ said Celestia. ‘You may start about what you are.’

But before Luke could get started, seven other faces entered the throne room. ‘Pardon us for being late your highness,’ said the one with the long beard ‘We had just received your message and…’

The six ponies were surprised to see Luke. ‘Who are you?’ said one with the Cajun accent.

‘Oh, thank you for coming Starswirl.’ said Luna as she smiled to see familiar faces arriving.

‘Luke Skywalker,’ said Celestia, gaining his attention as she introduced him to the ponies that entered the hall. ‘These are the Pillars of Equestria. They protected our kingdom from darkness long ago. Luke Skywalker, meet Starswirl the Bearded, Rockhoof of the Mighty Helm, Flash Magnus of the Royal Legion, Mage Meadowbrook of Hayseed Swamp, Somnambula of Southern Equestria, Mistmane of the High Mountains, and Stygian, the pony who united them.’

‘It’s an honor.’ said Luke as he bowed in respect.

‘Everypony,’ said Celestia as she introduced Luke to the Pillars ‘This is Luke Skywalker. He is a visitor from the stars.’

The Pillars were surprised to hear this. ‘A visitor from the stars?’ said Rockhoof surprised.

‘From a galaxy far, far away.’ said Luke whilst he kept his arms crossed.

‘But what are you doing here?’ said Stygian, wondering what Luke would want.

‘He was just about to tell us.’ said Starlight.

Pinkie then popped up behind the Pillars and pushed them ‘So come on, sit down and hear his story.’

After Pinkie brought them to their seats, she sat down, with both her hooves on both sides of her face. Luke only nodded with a smile, admiring her positive attitude. ‘Now then, where should I begin?’ he asked.

‘Well,’ said Spike as he wanted to know something ‘You can start by telling us how you did that back at the school.’

‘Ah yes.’ said Luke, as he pulled out his Lightsaber and used the Force to lift it up, slowly twirling about as he demonstrated. Some were surprised to see what he can do. ‘What you saw earlier, I used the Force to lift the object.
‘The what now?’ said Applejack as she shifted her left eyebrow.

‘The Force is part of a Jedi’s power,’ said Luke as he began, placing his Lightsaber away. ‘It creates an energy field surrounding all living things, it surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.’

‘Whoa,’ said Twilight as she realized something ‘It almost sounds like the magic of our world. We each feel the magic inside of us.’

‘Indeed.’ responded Luke.

‘If you don’t mind me asking darling,’ said Rarity as she was curious about something ‘Would you mind telling us what a “Jedi” is, and where they all come from?’

‘I would gladly. But I will also explain as best as I can of the galaxy I came from.’

Luke explained as best he could so that they could understand.

‘In our galaxy, every world was separated from one another, not communicating, nor were friends. When each world had reached for the stars, they were afraid of one another, and soon waged war at one another. Then one day, each leader reached out to another, and soon, they became the first leaders of the inner core of the galaxy, and became known as the Republic, a galactic community who strive to make it a better place. Soon, they chose a leader to guide the galaxy, the first Chancellor. Among his fellow Senate members were senators that represents their homeworlds. If each have a problem, they come to the Chancellor for guidance.’

Spike whispered to Twilight as he said ‘Wow, kind of reminds me of how the Pony tribes were formed.’

‘You know, I kind of see the resemblance.’ said Twilight as she whispered back. But at the same time, she continued to take notes of his galaxy.

‘But along the way,’ said Luke as he continued ‘As the galaxy continued to grow into a much more larger community, the Jedi came to be, who owed their allegiance to the Republic, vowing to bring peace to the people and race of every world. Overtime as the years went by, many races soon became force sensitive, which meant they were chosen to become the next Jedi to lead the next generation. In time, many Jedi had constructed temples on a few planets, so that they could keep a closer watch on the galaxy.’

‘Whoa.’ said most of the ponies as they were amazed by the stories.

‘The Jedi also took an oath into protecting the galaxy.’ said Luke, then he cleared his throat as he recite the oath of the Jedi to them.

'There is no emotion, there is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
There is no passion, there is serenity
There is no chaos, there is harmony
There is no death, there is the Force'

Some were surprised by the oath, for it definitely has some meaning. ‘Interesting.’ said Starswirl as he listened to it ‘And what of that strange device on your hilt?’

Luke took out his Lightsaber and activated it, revealing a plasma blade, surprising them, especially the humming sound it was making. ‘The Jedi would often say that this weapon is our lives. For in a way, they are powered by Kyber Crystals, the very gem that would allow a Lightsaber to be activated. I was able to make one of my own after I lost my old one.’

Luke placed his Lightsaber away as he continued with his story. ‘For thousands of years, the Jedi continued to fight for peace and justice throughout the galaxy,’ said Luke ‘But it wasn’t meant to last.’

‘What do you mean?’ said Luna as she too found it curious.

‘For the light side of the Force, there is also the Dark Side. And they in turn, become the Sith.’

‘The Sith?’ said Sandbar whilst he wondered what it meant.

‘They follow a different code.’ said Luke as he recite their oath as well.

'Peace is a lie, there is only compassion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me'

Some could tell the difference, and they could tell the Sith oath sounded scary.

‘And because of both sides, the Sith chose to wage war against the galaxy, forming their own Empire. For many years we were caught in an endless cycle. They exterminate us, we rise up, we exterminate them, they rise up. Many lives were lost and many planets of innocents suffered. That was, until the last Sith Lord, Darth Bane, ended up doing something diabolical that no one had ever seen this coming.’

‘What did he do?’ said Spike as he was slightly peeking behind Twilight’s leg.

‘He created the Rule of Two.’

Many were puzzled by what that was, with Mistmane saying ‘The Rule of Two?’

‘You see,’ said Luke as he told them the curse of being a Sith ‘The Sith have a tendency to slaughter each other in droves as they were victims of their own arrogance and greed, until only one survived.’

‘Darth Bane.’ said Stygian, when he figured who he was talking about.

‘Yes,’ said Luke ‘And with him being the only survivor, he chose to pass the knowledge of the Sith down to his apprentice. But in doing so, after the Apprentice had learned all that he knew, he trained his own student, before he killed Darth Bane. And in doing so, the cycle had gone on and on, until all knowledge of the Sith had been forgotten, and the Jedi continued to watch over the galaxy.’

Many were shocked by what happened to the Sith. ‘So they became a slave to their own darkness.’ said Somnambula, as she had the same expression as the others.

‘Yes, but the peace wasn’t meant to last.’ said Luke as he lowered his head.

‘What do you mean, darling?’ said Rarity, as she heard a tone in Luke’s voice that she knew all too well.

Luke looked up and told them the rest. ‘About thirty three years ago, in my galaxy, many of the criminal kingpins and warlords nearly rose to power, which left the last Supreme Chancellor named Vallorum, paranoid. So he secretly asked a fellow Jedi Master named Sifo-Dias, without the knowledge of both the Jedi Order and the Republic Senate, to help find a way to build an army for the Republic. So he came up with a solution; a Clone Army.’

‘Clones?’ said the Mane 6 at the same time, gaining Luke’s attention as he flexed an eyebrow by hearing the tone of their voices.

‘I assume you had one of those?’ said Luke out of curiosity.

‘It…didn’t work out so well.’ said Twilight as she nearly cringed because of all the Pinkie Pie clones.

‘I see.’ said Luke. Without further interruption, he cleared his voice and continued with the story.

‘In order for that to be possible, he left for the planet Kamino, which was famous for their cloning technology. From what I heard, they asked a famous Bounty Hunter named Jango Fett, to come to Kamino to take samples of his blood, in order for them to create their perfect clones.’

Luke changed his facial expression as he remembered from what Kenobi and Rex had told him since he last saw them. ‘However, Senator Palpatine, who was secretly the Sith Lord, Darth Sideous, caught wind of what Sifo-Dias was up to, so he secretly corrupted a fellow Jedi named Dooku, and send him to follow Dias and killed him, whilst he took over his project and installed control chips inside the Clones’ minds.’

‘Control…chips?’ said Silverstream as she had a hard time grasping what Luke meant.

‘Picture them like mind control stones,’ said Luke ‘But were controlling over millions of clones.’

Many gasped, as did Pinkie Pie whilst she was also surprised ‘Wow, that’s almost as much as a plate of cupcakes, but through an entire city.’

Luke continued his story, despite trying to pretend he didn’t hear Pinkie Pie, even though her enthusiasm was most welcomed. ‘They installed those chips inside their minds, so that in case they would go rogue or would start a rebellion, they would automatically activate and seize control of their minds. One of those command codes was Order 66.’

‘Order 66?’ said Gallus with a flexed eyebrow.

Luke took a breather, as he knew all too well what it meant. He looked at them as he said ‘To exterminate all Jedi on sight.’
Many were shocked to hear what the Sith had done to the clones. ‘That’s…horrible.’ said Fluttershy as she had a hard time grasping that reality.

‘Eleven years later,’ said Luke, continuing the story ‘By the time when my father was eighteen, and he had become My old Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi’s apprentice, more and more worlds broke ties to the Republic and had formed their own empire, known as the Separatists. When my father, Anakin Skywalker, my mother, Senator Padme Amidala, and Master Kenobi were captured, the Jedi launched an assault trying to save them, but the new army, known as Droids, lifeless machines that carry out orders without question, were too much for them. But they were saved by their teacher, Master Yoda, who led an entire Clone Battalion and saved their lives, whilst also starting its first battle. But Dooku was able to escape, and the Clone Wars had begun.'

Many continued to be fascinated by the tale as he continued. ‘For the past three years, the Clone Wars were fought on every planet between the Republic and Separatist lines, until one day, during the Battle of Coruscant, the capitol of the Republic, my father Anakin Skywalker, now a Knight, fought Count Dooku head on and struck him down, severing the leadership of the Droid Army. However, after the battle, our mother was pregnant with myself and Leia. But…there came a problem.’

‘What kind of a problem.’ said Sandbar, now that he was into the story.

‘Jedi also have the ability to sense the future, but because of the power of the Dark Side, it clouded their vision. But my father had a vision about my mother…dying of childbirth.’

Many were shocked to hear that part. ‘But…what did Kenobi do?’ asked Ocellus.

‘He didn’t know,’ said Luke ‘My father didn’t tell anyone.’

‘Wait, what? Why?’ said Silverstream.

‘Because forming attachments, even falling in love is forbidden by the Jedi Code.’ said Luke, with many others surprised.

‘Forbidden to fall in love?’ said Flash Magnus as he was surprised to hear this ‘Why?’

‘Because forming attachments can lead to jealousy, and fear. The fear of losing a loved one, as well as being too close to others, can lead straight to the dark side.’

Many were surprised to hear that part. ‘Sounds like the Jedi were a nomad race.’ said Rockhoof.

‘Nomads?’ said Smolder as she was confused by that name.

‘Nomads are like monks.’ said Luna as she explained ‘They tend to cut ties with the outside world and seclude themselves in their temples, so that they would not be led astray by darkness.’

‘That’s right,’ said Luke as he continued his story. ‘But over the past week, my father’s paranoia and fear took hold of him, and with Darth Sideous’ help, after killing four high ranking Jedi Masters, he lured my father into the Dark Side. From that day on, he pledged his allegiance to the Sith Lord, and became Darth Vader.’

Some were surprised that Luke’s father turned evil, all because of fear that took hold of him.

‘With my father under his control, Darth Sideous contacted every Clone throughout the entire galaxy and excecuted Order 66, causing the chips inside their minds to be activated, and compelled them to kill all the Jedi on sight. Whilst my father…’ they noticed Luke cringed a bit as he tightened his eyes, making the others concern for him. ‘My father led his entire Clone Army, the 501st, straight into the Jedi Temple, and killed everyone inside, including younglings, children from ages four through twelve.’

Many were horrified by what his father and his clones had done.

‘Through the bloodshed,’ said Luke as he slowly opened his eyes ‘Only Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Grand Master Yoda, were the only survivors.’

‘Yoda?’ said Yona with a flexed eyebrow ‘Who is this, Yoda?’

‘Master Yoda is the Grand Master and head of the Jedi Council,’ said Luke, describing the best as he could about him. ‘He is the most powerful Jedi to ever exist, wise beyond anyone else, and he had trained the Jedi for over eight hundred years.’

‘He’s that old?!!’ shouted Twilight as she was shocked. Many looked at her with flexed eyebrows. She sheepishly smiled and sat down nervously. ‘Sorry, please continue.’

Luke cleared his throat, attempting to continue with his tale of recent events from the past. ‘Fearing that the surviving Jedi were in danger, both Yoda and Kenobi returned back to the temple, and killed the clones that were stationed there. When they were inside, they used the Jedi Archives, the sacred vault housing all of Jedi History, to send a coded message for all the surviving Jedi to stay away from the temple.’

Luke pulled out what appeared to be a cube and hovered it to the center, as all of them were focused on it. Luke concentrated, allowing the corners of the cube to turn and slowly fly in four different directions. And within a split second, a hologram of a bearded man, wearing a Jedi Robe, appeared in front of them, which surprised them as they saw the hologram.

‘This is Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi,’ said the hologram of Kenobi as he delivered the message. ‘I regret to report that the Jedi Order and the Republic, have fallen, with the dark shadows of the Empire, rising to take their place. This message is sent as a warning and a reminder to any of the surviving Jedi. Trust, in the Force. Do not return to the Temple, that time has passed, and our future is uncertain. We will each be challenged. Our trusts, our faith, and our friendships. But we must persevere. And in time, a new hope, will emerge. May the Force be with you. Always.’

Luke ended the ending as he held the cube back in his hand, however, Twilight flew close and observed it. ‘Ooooooo, what is that?’ she asked with sparkles in her eyes as she was now eagerly eager to study it.

‘It’s called a Holocron.’ said Luke as he explained ‘They contain crystals that were recorded by the Jedi who came before them, even the most dangerous secrets that no Jedi, nor even Sith would dare to use, no matter how dire the situation is.’

Starlight used her magic to bring Twilight back to their group. ‘Let him finish.’ said Starlight, making Twilight giggle sheepishly, for she was now being distracted whilst Luke placed his Holocron away. ‘Sorry about that, please continue.’
‘After the message was sent,’ said Luke, continuing with his tale after he placed the Holocron away ‘Master Kenobi was shocked to learn who was responsible for the attack. So Master Yoda told him that they need to destroy the Sith, with him going after Sideous, now proclaiming himself Emperor and turned the Republic into the Empire, with Kenobi having no choice but to go after my father.’

‘But…where was your father after the Jedi had fallen?’ said Meadowbrook as she was afraid to find out.

‘He went to where the Separatists were hiding. Since they had outlived their usefulness, the Emperor decided to get rid of them, and ordered my father to kill them. With the Leaders gone, the Separatist Alliance was no more.’

‘And…I take it yer mother wasn’t too happy about this?’ asked Applejack, having a wrenched feeling in her gut that Luke’s mother was going to be heartbroken.

‘No,’ said Luke ‘My mother went to confront him, and she was horrified to hear what he had done, from his own words. She tried to get him back, but she didn’t know that Master Kenobi had snuck onboard her ship.’

‘And…what did he do?’ said Fluttershy, as she was frightened.

‘I…I do not know.’ said Luke ‘Obi-Wan and Yoda never told me much about what happened. I wish I could though.’

That was, until Twilight had an idea. ‘Oh, I know something that can help.’

‘You can?’ said Luke, as he was curious of what she had in mind.

‘I learned a spell that can help take us to the moment that you told us about.’ said Twilight, before she looked at Celestia. ‘If that is alright with you?’

‘Of course.’ said Celestia.

‘Come to think of it,’ said Luke as his thoughts were pondering of what Twilight had offered ‘I would like to know what happened between my mother, Kenobi and my father.’

‘Very well then, this won’t take long.’ said Twilight. She concentrated all her magic through her horn, allowing it to glow brightly as she engulfed the entire room in pure light.

When they opened their eyes, they saw that they were on some platform, with Padme, wearing a grey sleeveless shirt and a pendant around her neck, with a skirt and white pants underneath as she was also wearing boots.

She was trying to talk to Anakin, as he was wearing a brown Jedi robe, with black boots, crimson pants, dark leather jacket with red sleeves and black gloves. They saw Padme trying to talk to Anakin, but horrified by what she had learnt, as they noticed that she was still carrying their children, whilst also noticing that Anakin’s expression was that of anger. Many wondered where this was going to go, with some already afraid to find out.

‘Obi-Wan was right,’ said Padme ‘You have changed.’

‘I don’t want to hear another word about Obi-Wan.’ said Anakin, noticing that his anger and the darkness inside his heart was growing ‘The Jedi turned against me, don’t you turn against me as well.’

Slowly, Padme was in tears, horrified and heartbroken by what Anakin had become, with some couldn’t help but feel the same. Luke on the other hand, his expression changed to shock and horror, not realizing what his mother went through because of the fact that his father had turned to Darkness. ‘I don’t know you anymore,’ she responded. ‘Anakin…you’re breaking my heart. You’re going down a path that I can’t follow.’

‘Because of Obi-Wan?’ said Anakin.

‘Because of what you’ve done.’ she responded back ‘What you planned to do.’

However, Anakin’s focus was shifted to the ship, with the others not noticing what he was looking at, with Padme trying to convince him otherwise. ‘Stop. Stop now, come back. I love you.’

Suddenly, Anakin’s expression changed as he raised his voice ‘Liar.’

She turned her attention to the ship. And from the ship, she saw a Jedi Master, wearing brown boots, teal pants, white Jedi Robe with sleeves, as well as the brown cloak of a Jedi. It was Obi-Wan, walking down the ship’s ramp, and making his way towards Anakin.

‘No…’ she said, for she was surprised to see Obi-Wan, realizing that he had snuck onboard without her realizing it.

‘You're with him,’ said Anakin, not believing her as she took a few steps back. ‘You brought him here to kill me.’
And within that split second, he extended his hand, whilst his hand had made a grip form, causing Padme to be lifted partially from the ground, as she held onto her throat with both her hands, shocking everypony and creature when they saw what was going on, even Luke when he suddenly took a step forward, wanting to stop this.

‘Let her go Anakin.’ said Obi-Wan, trying to get through to him, but his focus was on Padme, as if feeling betrayed by his own wife was the last straw.

‘Anakin.’ begged Padme, wanting him to stop.

‘Let. Her. Go.’ said Obi-Wan, now more serious.

Within a moment, Anakin released his grip, dropping Padme onto the ground, unconscious, with Obi-Wan shocked what had transpired, especially the ponies and creatures who were witnessing it.

Anakin looked at Obi-Wan in anger, knowing that his wife’s betrayal will not stand. ‘You turned her against me.’

Obi-Wan, on the other hand, looked at Anakin in disgust. ‘You have done that yourself.’ he responded.

Anakin walked back and forth, whilst taking his cloak off, now focused on Obi-Wan. ‘You will not take her from me!!’ he shouted.

‘Your anger and your lust for power had already done that.’ said Obi-Wan as he took off his cloak. He and Anakin walked in a circle, slowly. ‘You have allowed this, dark lord to twist your mind until now…until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy.’

‘Don’t lecture me Obi-Wan.’ said Anakin as he was no on the other side, with Obi-Wan, walking towards Padme, wanting to make sure that she was okay. ‘I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do.’

As Anakin turned around, Obi-Wan crouched and placed his hand onto Pad me’s neck, making sure that she was still alive. Anakin on the other hand had his back turned, as he continued to rant ‘I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new empire.’

‘Your new Empire?’ responded Obi-Wan, whilst sounding confused.

‘Don’t make me kill you.’ said Anakin, who’s anger had now greatly consumed him.

‘Anakin,’ said Obi-Wan, trying one more time to get through to Anakin ‘My allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy!!’

‘If you are not with me,’ said Anakin, not making eye contact. ‘Then you’re my enemy.’

Obi-Wan sighed, for he knew that it wasn’t going to end well. ‘Only a Sith, deals in absolutes.’ he responded. Sure enough, he pulled out his Lightsaber, and prepared himself for battle. ‘I will do what I must.’

Anakin only responded ‘You will try.’

Obi-Wan activated his blue Lightsaber, and within a split second, Anakin activated his blue Lightsaber too whilst he jumped backwards and in front of Obi-Wan. To many, even Luke’s shock, they saw master against apprentice as their sabers clashed. As they clashed, they kept moving backwards, they made their way towards the bridge and headed straight inside the building, with Luke watching as both Obi-Wan and Anakin continued to fight one another. They continued clashing their sabers as they went down the halls, slashing and slicing the walls until they were in another room, where they continued to clash their blades and deflected onto what appears to be a control panel. They jumped onto a table where they continued fighting, with Obi-Wan knocked Anakin’s Lightsaber out of his hand, until Anakin grabbed Obi-Wan’s throat and forced him to bend over backwards and nearly made him slice his throat with his own saber.

Thankfully, Obi-Wan kicked Anakin’s back, causing him to roll over and stood up quickly. Obi-Wan had just got up and regained his balance, until Anakin jumped up and kicked him over with both his legs. Obi-Wan stood up in time as they continued to clash and kicked him over. He summoned his Lightsaber and was about to strike Anakin, but Anakin summoned his Lightsaber in time and was able to block it. They both stood up and continued to clash blades into the next room.

Anakin and Obi-Wan continued to fight and clash with their sabers, the began to twirl them around to strengthen their blows, until they ended up clashing again once more, each of them staring at one another, with many surprised to see just how powerful they were. Obi-Wan and Anakin used their Force push to push one another, but it clashed, which caused the two of them to focus all their strengths. And with one final push, they pushed one another as they crashed into separate consoles. Anakin quickly got up and leapt towards him, for their fight wasn’t over.

They later were outside, where they were amazed that the fight was still going on, for despite the heat, despite the falling lava and the failing bridges, they still kept at it, fighting one another. They eventually made it to a floating platform, with Anakin standing on top of a robot. They hovered closely, with Anakin looking at Obi-Wan in anger.

‘I have failed you Anakin.’ said Obi-Wan as he was somewhat smiling, feeling a sense of pride because of a sense of pride in him because of his skills. ‘I have failed you.’

‘I should’ve known the Jedi were plotting to take over.’ said Anakin, now that all of them noticed that the color of his eyes were now yellow, the mark of evil.

‘Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil.’ said Obi-Wan, trying to talk some sense into him.

‘From my point of view, the Jedi are evil.’

‘Well then you are lost!!’ he shouted.

‘This is the end for you, my master.’

Anakin jumped on the platform and the two of them continued to duel, trying to outmaneuver one another. They continued to fight, until they were near solid rock, allowing Obi-Wan to jump up and stood firmly on the ground, with Anakin watching him.

‘It’s over Anakin!’ shouted Obi-Wan ‘I have the high ground.’

‘You underestimate my power.’

‘Don’t try it.’ said Obi-Wan, begging Anakin not to do this.

Anakin jumped up in the air within a split second, allowing Obi-Wan to do the unthinkable; he sliced Anakin’s left arm and both his legs off, causing Anakin to roll over near the lava lake, grasping onto the side. Many were shocked to see what was going on, even Luke.

They saw Obi-Wan, turning his Lightsaber off, with Anakin grasping and groaning in anger, staring at Obi-Wan. They saw Obi-Wan, now distraught and in tears.

‘You were the chosen one!!’ he shouted, shedding tears. And in that moment, Celestia somehow founded herself shedding tears, as she could see something that she could relate to between herself and Sunset Shimmer ‘It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them!! Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!!’

Obi-Wan walked a few paces away whilst he picked up Anakin’s Lightsaber, then watched him, then he shouted at Obi-Wan ‘I hate you!!!’

However, instead of hatred, Obi-Wan responded ‘You were my brother Anakin. I loved you.’

Luke had a hard time grasping of what he had witnessed, even the others. That was, the unexpected happened. Because of the lava, Anakin was set ablaze, causing him to scream of pain as Obi-Wan looked away. Anakin’s whole body was on fire, burning, shocking many others. They then saw Anakin’s face, burning and screaming, horrifying the Mane 7, as well as Luke, when he saw what his father had been through. But instead, rather than killing him, Obi-Wan walked away, now heartbroken over the loss of not only his apprentice, but a brother that he loved.

The image was somehow shifted however, as they were suddenly in another room. There, they saw a man in black and cloak, accompanied by his prime minister. And from the doors, a small green creature appeared. The two guards attempted to stop him, but Yoda used Force Push with his mind, knocking them out as they clashed against the wall and fell flat on the ground. Palpatine on the other hand, used his chair to turn around and look directly at Master Yoda.
‘I hear, a new apprentice you have, Emperor.’ said Yoda as he looked at him, before he glared at him with sternness in his eyes. ‘Or, should I call you, Darth Sideous.’

‘Master Yoda,’ said the Emperor, not amused by Yoda’s survival. ‘You survived.’

‘Surprised?’ said Yoda, keeping himself in check.

Some of them were surprised to see what Yoda looked like. ‘Wait, that’s Yoda?’ said Twilight as she was surprised to see what he looked like.

‘Weird,’ said Gallus ‘I always thought that he was taller or something.’

‘Never underestimate small packages.’ said Spike as he grinned, with the girls rolling their eyes as they continued to watch, with Luke focusing on what Yoda tried to do just to try and stop him.

The Emperor looked at Yoda blankly, but many were shockened to see the Emperor, an old man with yellow eyes, emitting evil by just looking at him. ‘Your arrogance blinds you, Master Yoda. Now you will experience the full power, of the dark side.’

The Emperor slowly raised his hands, and within a split second, to everypony and every creature’s shock, the Emperor shot lightning out of his fingers, striking down Yoda as he was flung against the wall and fell on the ground, with him groaning in pain.

Slowly, the Emperor walked towards Yoda, whilst the Prime Minister left to let them settle their own matters, as the Emperor chuckled at Yoda’s dilemma. ‘I have waited a long time for this moment. My little green friend.’

The Emperor chuckled a bit once more, whilst Yoda slowly stood up at the same time, staring at the Emperor, for now he was mad, not only for deceiving the Republic, but destroying the Jedi Order, an Order he worked hard to maintain for so long for the sake of the galaxy.

‘At last, the Jedi are no more.’ said the Emperor, overconfident as ever.

‘Not if anything to say about it. I have!!’ said Yoda as he used Force Push, launching the Emperor in the air and against his chair as he fell over.

‘At an end, your rule is.’ said Yoda whilst the Emperor stood up, staring at him, showing a slight fear in his eyes. ‘And not short enough it was.’

The Emperor tried to get away, but Yoda jumped in the way, standing in his way of escaping. ‘If so powerful you are,’ said Yoda as he pulled out his green Lightsaber, whilst he activated the moment after he said ‘Why leave?’

‘You will not stop me,’ said the Emperor as he too was prepared for combat. ‘Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us.’ said the Emperor as he activated his red Lightsaber too.

‘Faith in your new apprentice, misplaced may be.’ said Yoda, holding his Lightsaber as he prepared for battle, staring at the Emperor as he said ‘As is your faith in the Dark Side of the Force.’

Sideous raised his Lightsaber in the air, preparing for combat, until Yoda jumped up and deflected his attack, then jumped back in front of him, their Lightsabers still aimed at one another. Yoda deflected left, and he deflected right, with the Emperor cackling as if it was nothing, scaring some as they see how scary he is.

Their fight soon took them on some kind of platform, causing the ceiling to be raised as it was still going up, with Yoda jumping around, trying his best to strike, but the Emperor kept blocking it, as did the latter doing the opposite. When all of a sudden, they were in a massive room, with many platforms all around them, surprising many as they saw what happened. The two of them stood firmly onto the ground as they clashed sabers at one another, then they continued again and stopped in their position.

When all of a sudden, they saw that Yoda was on a different circular platform, jumping from one spot to another, whilst the Emperor floated on his own circular platform and used the Force to throw many more onto Yoda, but kept dodging them. Having enough, Yoda stopped as he placed his Lightsaber away. The Emperor threw another circular platform at Yoda, but instead, Yoda used the Force to stop it in its tracks. Yoda used the force to spin the platform like a saw, then thrusted it towards him.

The Emperor jumped out of the way as he was able to evade it, whilst standing on another circular platform. Looking around, he saw no sign of Yoda, until he appeared right near him, activating his Lightsaber. The Emperor used Force Lightning, knocking Yoda’s saber out of his hand, but he used both his hands to block the lightning, surprising the creatures when they saw how Yoda was fighting, struggling to keep it at bay. The Emperor kept cackling, for he was enjoying this, until Yoda moved closer, causing the lightning to cancel itself out, but sending a shockwave that caused both of them to fall. Though the Emperor was able to grab on and stopped falling, Yoda fell onto the ground. He looked at the cackling emperor, realizing that there was no other way, he escaped.

He climbed through the shafts, trying to find an exit. He suddenly took out a small device and said ‘Hurry, careful timing we will need.’

It responded as it said ‘Activate your homing beacon when you are ready.’

Yoda eventually found an exit, allowing himself to open it, with what appears to be a small ship with a human driving it. Yoda jumped in, allowing the man to escape, a friend of the Jedi named Bail Organa, a senator from Alderaan. Yoda was then in despair, as he said ‘Into exile, I must go. Failed, I have.’

Luke was surprised to see Yoda left. ‘He just…ran away?’ said Luke to himself softly, for he couldn’t believe that Yoda, the most powerful Jedi, to run away like that.

Shortly after, it took them to another scene, but instead of an entire room, it was split in half, one that was red, and one that was blue. When they watched the blue side, they saw Padme, lying on what appeared to be a type of hospital table, with Obi-Wan, Yoda, and the Senator, Bail Organa, watching as they were worried, with both R2-D2 and C-3PO by their side.

The medical droid, after it was done observing her, hovered over to the group as he said ‘Medically, she is completely healthy. For reasons we can’t explain, we are losing her.’

‘She is dying?’ asked Obi-Wan as he was surprised by the discovery, as were those who watched, even Luke.

‘We don’t know why.’ said the droid as he continued ‘She has lost the will to live. We need to operate quickly if we are to save the babies.’

‘Babies?’ said Senator Organa as he watched

‘She’s carrying twins.’ said the robot before he left, whilst Obi-Wan watched, as Padme was resting, for now.

All of a sudden, the red side, gaining everyone’s attention, showed Anakin, burned and scarred, with a sound of his heartbeat, echoing the room, with droids appearing all around him, trying to fix him up by giving him new legs and an arm. And there Anakin was, screaming in agony as the droids did their work, whilst he was flailing and the screaming got a lot worst, shocking every creature and pony, even Luke when they saw what Anakin was going through.

However, their attention was brought back to Padme, as she too was screaming, with Obi-Wan by her side, trying to comfort her in her time of need. The was now giving birth to the twins, with the droid helping her. The droid helped carry the first baby as it brought it over to Padme.

‘Luke.’ she said, suprising Luke, as she just named him on the spot. ‘Oh Luke.’ she said as she placed her hand over to the baby.

The droid however, was not done, with Padme continuing with the screaming, delivering the second baby. The droid was able to save the second, and brought it over to her.

‘It’s a girl.’ said Obi-Wan as he wanted to help her see.

‘Leia.’ said Padme, naming her daughter.

They then saw Anakin again, who was now covered in strange new armour, all in black, with a cloak connected to it, as well as a breathing apparatus in order for him to survive. Suddenly, a strange metallic arm held what appeared to be part of a helmet. Slowly it ascended and soon, covered his face with it, as another helmet were placed above the crown of his head. The moment it was connected, the apparatus activated, causing it to breathe, emitting the sound of a Decor scuba reg., the very chilling breathing apparatus that would serve as a warning, that the Dark Lord has come, with Luke watching, realizing how his father was now cursed into wearing that.

They watched back at the blue side again, as Padme struggled to breathe. ‘Obi-Wan.’ said Padme, gaining his attention whilst he was holding Luke. ‘There’s good in him.’ she said, trying to stay awake ‘I know. I know there’s…still-‘ was all that she could say, and with that last breath, she died on the table, much to Luke’s shock. Even the Young Six couldn’t handle it, with Silverstream crying over Gallus’ shoulder. Obi-Wan showed signs of distraught, as well as Yoda.

Back at Anakin, now Darth Vader. He was slowly raised whilst the table had been shifted, allowing him to stand up straight. He slowly tilted his head, looking straight ahead, whilst at the same time, the Emperor stood near Vader, trying to gain his attention as he said ‘Lord Vader? Can you hear me?’

The breathing apparatus allowed him to breathe, whilst he said ‘Yes master.’

Slowly, he looked at the Emperor, wanting answers as he asked ‘Where is Padme? Is she safe? Is she alright?’

The Emperor laid down his final card, the one that would led Anakin to the Dark side, forever. ‘It seems, in your anger, you…killed her.’

‘I…I couldn’t have.’ he responded as he looked forward. ‘She was alive, I felt it.’

What appeared to be a struggle, Vader tried to get lose, whilst at the same time, the room shook, and every metallic object, robot and chemical that was in the room, began to cringe and crush, with everything being torn apart on the walls. Many were surprised when they saw the power of the dark side, until Vader got lose and took a few steps forward in anger, with the Emperor smiled, knowing that his manipulation had now been sown.

‘NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!’ yelled Vader in despair, whilst it was too much for Luke, but he continued to watch as a tear was shed from his left eye.

When all of a sudden, both the red and blue sides of the room disappeared, taking them to what appeared to be a ship’s conference room, where Bail Organa, Obi-Wan and Yoda were now discussing what they should do now.

‘Hidden, safe the children must be kept.’ said Yoda as he talked to both Bail and Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan, with his head lowered over the loss of one he called brother, lifted his head as he said ‘We must take them somewhere where the Sith will not sense their presence.’

Yoda sighed, for he knew what they had to do. ‘Split up, they should be.’ he said, much to the ponies’ shock, that the siblings had to be split up in order for them to be safe.

‘My wife and I will take the girl.’ said Bail Organa as he was the first to volunteer. ‘We’ve always talked of adopting a baby girl. She will be loved with us.’

‘And, what of the boy?’ said Obi-Wan as he looked at Yoda.

‘To Tatooine,’ he said as he looked at Obi-Wan ‘To his family send him.’

Obi-Wan looked down, then looked to Yoda as he said ‘I will take the child and watch over him.’

Both Bail and Obi-Wan stood up, bowing to Yoda one last time as he said ‘Until the time is right. Disappear, we will.’
They saw a different environment, a planet of mountains and snow, which they believe would be Alderaan. And from atop what appeared to be a balcony, Bail’s wife was sitting there, watching the horizon. She then saw Bail walking in with baby Leia, with the both of them admiring and caring for her.

Then on another, was a desert planet, with what appeared to be a type of farm, with Obi-Wan approaching the woman, Luke’s aunt Beru, handing over the sleeping baby Luke to her, with her smiling as she happily accepted the baby. She then walked over to Luke’s uncle, Owen, staring at the two suns as they were setting. Obi-Wan watched as the child was now taken care of, with him walking away, knowing that the future now rests in the twins’ hands, once they were older.

As the vision ended, many were surprised to see what had transpired, as they didn’t know what to say. But the Mane 6, noticed that Luke kept staring, with both his eyes shedding tears as he was dumbstruck by what he had just witnessed.

Luke stammered a bit, until he said ‘I need some air.’, causing him to leave the room in a quickened pace, with the others concerned over what they had just seen.

A short while, the Mane Six were worried about Luke, over what he had just witnessed. ‘Luke? Are you out here?’ asked Twilight as she and her friends entered the balcony.

Rainbow Dash poked at Twilight’s shoulder, showing her where he is. They saw him, leaning against the wall, whilst he was looking up as the tears were still flowing down. They walked over to make sure he was okay.

‘Hey uh…’ responded Applejack as she took down her hat. ‘Y’all okay there partner?

‘I…I can’t believe it…’ said Luke as he finally spoke. Though a Jedi would not be consumed with emotions, but when a man witnessed what both his parents went through and what his father had done and became Darth Vader, it was too much for him to bear. ‘My own father…attempted to kill my mother…what he had become…I…I just…’

Luke sat down, still leaning against the wall, sobbing silently, with Fluttershy’s comforting instincts kicked in, as she couldn’t help but hug him in order to comfort him, with the others gathering around him, trying to be there for him.

Applejack responded as she tried to speak ‘It’s alright there partner. If it helps, ah know what it’s like to lose mah parents. And Apple Bloom was only a little filly when they passed away, and she never knew them well either.’

Applejack then lifted his chin, allowing him to look at her as she smiled. ‘But y’all still have yer sister, and from what ah can guess, y’all have some good friends that helped you along the way. It’s better to have something, then to have nothing.’

Luke was able to smile, and wiped his tears away. ‘Thank you Applejack.’. Luke looked at Twilight as he said ‘And I have you to thank as well.’

‘Me?’ responded Twilight as she was surprised.

‘Yes.’ Luke responded, now calmed as he stood up. ‘I heard tales from the Clone Wars from those who fought there before, even from Obi-Wan and Master Yoda of what happened to the Jedi, but they didn’t tell me the full story. But now, witnessing the battle. I can see why Obi-Wan never talked about it, because it was just as painful for him back in the day.’

‘You finally have a sense of closure, right?’ asked Fluttershy.

‘Yes.’ responded Luke. Look gave a sigh, and looked at the others. ‘I think it’s best that I continue with the story.’

‘You sure about this Darling?’ asked Rarity, as she was worried that he might be upset again.

‘Yes.’ said Luke as he looked at Rarity. ‘I need to finish what I told, and I need to tell you why I am here. So shall we continue?’

‘Sure thing Luke-a-Rooney.’ said Pinkie Pie as she darted over to the door at great speed and opened it. ‘Come on.’ she said as she skipped and giggled at the same time.

‘I take it she’s always been like this.’ said Luke when he saw how happy Pinkie Pie is.

‘Yeah,’ said Rainbow Dash as she crossed her front hooves ‘And that’s why we love her.’

They then walked back inside, where Luke would continue with his story. For he still needs to tell them two things; the Rebellion, and why he came here.

Author's Note:

I hope this chapter is good. I know Luke was a bit out of character, but I felt like he had the right to know what happened with his parents, seeing that Obi-Wan and Yoda didn't want to share that information with him. Plus I figured that Luke would be wise enough to tell the story of the Republic and the Jedi Order, including the Sith.

As I said, I hope you enjoy this chapter.