• Published 3rd Apr 2020
  • 1,635 Views, 31 Comments

The Keeper of the keys - Moonghost



(Displaced Locke and key) (Available for crossovers)

  • ...
32
 31
 1,635

Chapter 13

Celestia awoke not in Tartarus, as she expected, but in a ornate Alicorn size bed, and was immediately addressed by a voice “Celestia, good you’re awake. I must apologize for my host’s actions. You are lucky, I was able to save from my host killing you. But, I digress, you must’ve questions?”

“Yes, yes, I do. Where am I, who are you, and how do you know my name?” Celestia said.

“Oh, Celestia, I hurt, don’t recognize the keyhouse?” The voice asked.

“Dodge, let me out at once!” Celestia said.

“Oh, I’m not holding you captive. you’re free to go anytime.” Dodge said.

“Dodge, I won’t fall for your tricks, show yourself!” Celestia said.

“I truly wish I could, but I can’t because my host is dead for not just trying to kill you, but also Luna. Oh, I feel so very very Awful, for breaking the promise I made to your mother so long ago, but, I...I..I—”

“How dare you mock My mentor, He was a great stallion, and you tarnish his reputation with your lies.” Celestia hiss in the general direction of where she thought Dodge was. Well in actuality dodge was floating right behind her.

“Oh, Celestia you were always so bright, but never quite bright enough to see the truth.” Dodge said Its voice shifted to that of Celestia’s Sphinx mentor in the last two words.

“Okay, if you are my mentor, then what was my first pet?” Celestia said.

“ Philomena my old thunderbird, but you Always thought she was a phoenix.” Dodge said and the walls seemed to brighten.

“That proves nothing, and you are wrong Philomena is a Phoenix, not a thunderbird, I don’t even know what that is.” Celestia said and thought she won.

“Why don’t we ask for Philomena?” Dodge said as a flaming bird in question flew into the room and landed on a perch on the wall. “Philomena. Celestia and I have stumbled upon a question of if you are a Phoenix or a Thunderbird? Can you please get Us the answer?” Dodge asked the bird.

“I’m a Thunderbird with the illusion of being a Phoenix.” Philomena Spoke to Celestia shock.

“Philomena you can spoke!” Celestia exclaimed.

“Yes in fact I’ve had entire conversations with you without you even having knowledge of them.” Philomena said.

“Why haven’t I been able to understand you before?” Celestia asked.

“I can answer this one Celestia. You see Celestia phoenixes only speak in Egyptian. But the room that we are in right now has a universal translation rune in it, and so you can understand her.” Dodge said.

“OK, you proved you’re my mentor,Now What?” Celestia said.

“Well for one thing an apology, I did lock me in Stone after all.” Dodge said.

“Oh, right, sorry.” Celestia said.

“I’m also going to need Twilight as a host.” Dodge said.

“What, no!!!” Celestia yelled.

“Now, now, hear me out, Twilight is the only one who could possibly be able to hold my sword and carry around my locket. Unfortunately the keys will all be stuck in my sword for the time being because no one but me and only me can take them out, and it takes a while for the host and occupant to Connect thoroughly enough. Besides I will only do it if Twilight is willing. I’m not a monster despite whatever you think of me Celestia. Also sorry for the dewinging and dehorning. I didn’t tell my host what actually happened at the Crystal Empire, I do always keep going on my promises especially for my favorite student or niece.Twilight you can come in now.” Dodge said.

(Meanwhile in dodge’s master bedroom 10 minutes ago)

Twilight awoke in Dodge’s bed. The large bed that was seemingly made of metal that seemed to constantly be shifting between all sorts of metals when barely awake but was actually as grey as the walls of the house. As she sat up, she noticed that she was dressed in one of Dodge's dresses. A silver dress with embroidery.

“Oh, good you are awake.” Twilight hears a voice say, causing her to spin around and see the source of the voice to be Sombra.

“Sombra, what are you doing here?” Twilight asked.

“What father can’t keep an eye on his daughter?” Sombra said.

“You’re not my father.” Twilight said.

“Look whether or not I am your father I know one thing: you’re a lot older than you think you are. We can talk about that in a minute come on Dodge wants to see you.” Sombra said.

(Back to present time)

“Twilight are you willing to be my host?” Dodge asked.

“On one condition, I get to ask you one question, you can’t lie, you can’t do anything about it, you will give me the truth and nothing but the truth. If that is OK then I will be your host.” Twilight said.

“Seems fair, What’s your question?” Dodge asked.

“Who is my mother?” Twilight asked.

“Twilight I promise I will tell you who your mother is just not right now.” Dodge said.

“But you said—.”

I don’t have to tell you now, after all you did leave a massive loophole, you never specified when I had to tell you, Just that I had to tell you.” Dodge said as It entered Twilight. “Oh and also Twilight, put your hands up, unless you want to get pelted By my locket and sword.” Dodge said Twilight instantly reacted as dodge’s sword and locket flew and equipped themselves to Twilight.

“Now, what?” Twilight asked.

“Now we wait.” Dodge replied.